To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag

Post by murf »

Chiptastic wrote:
murf wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 18:13 The scumbag threshold in FPL is simple. Anything over 1.
Hey! I've got two teams for the first time ever this season. This is because three years ago I started a league with a different group of friends who wanted H2H. I did ok the first couple of years but found my decisions in this new league were handcuffed by my team in other - overall points - leagues.

Now I have this dedicated H2H team, I am top of that league and have broken into the top 10k for the first time ever in my old team :)
How can you be pleased with yourself when it is only achieved by flagrant cheating?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Playing a two man h2h is totally different than playing for rank, no advantage can be gained calling it cheating is ludicrous

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

No FPL expert but it is still cheating.

The fact people want two teams for two formats is another reason to change the rules/concept..... or for you to play another, more accomodating game.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

You clearly are not bothering to read understand what im saying so I'll bow out

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Billy Bongo wrote:You clearly are not bothering to read understand what im saying so I'll bow out

I read it and get your point but the rules say 1 team each. It is then up to you to balance your decisions on your sole team to suit one or either competitions. Part of it shirley.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mr Clarinet wrote:So what's the difference between being a Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag and running another team using quote my friend's account unquote?
And is either really such a big deal?

I feel like a Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag now. :roll: :oops:

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

I understand, if some people play for lots of prize money. But there is none of it with FPL. When I started playing it in 2007/2008, I was intrigued how well I could do against the 2m other football enthusiasts around the world. From a strategical point of view there are so many different things to be considered, but after all you also need a little bit of luck for the full season (injuries, captain choice, picking momentum players or any of the chips). I feel pity for those, who have to register hundreds of teams to win a weekly prize in form of a t-shirt or pen.

Either they have very low self-esteem and hence need a t-shirt to boast or they get enjoyment from "destroying" the chances of the real experts.

Anyway, it is probably best to let people only participate in the prizes, if they start registering the teams within the first 3 GWs.

And if someone prefers to register a second team under his friend's or wife's name, so be it. It will not harm the fun I am getting from the game.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

So much hypocrisy and hyperbolic grand standing

If you have a Victorian work ethic have one team and stay off all social media, watch games and make your own decisions.

Just being here, FFS and the rest is an effort to gain an edge plus the You Tubes and pods ir simply being inspired by other opinions, its all trying to win.

I agree multiple teams playing for ranks is cheating, its trying to gain a probablilty advantage, more than one team increases the chances of one doing well. But there are several ways to play amd h2h, money league's monthly leagues and overall rank can all justify a team for each , arguing otherwise is just silly.

Every single manager in here tracking pricing, Twitter, Ronka, Anfield Express, Egersdorf and FPL ypu tubes and all the rest should look at themselves and be honest, its about an edge

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Surely you are mixing two things up there.

I agree that different sides for different games/formats makes sense and wouldn’t necessarily constitute cheating (in my eyes anyway).

However, throwing in research and preparation in to the same bucket is plain wrong isn’t it?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 12:36 So much hypocrisy and hyperbolic grand standing

If you have a Victorian work ethic have one team and stay off all social media, watch games and make your own decisions.

Just being here, FFS and the rest is an effort to gain an edge plus the You Tubes and pods ir simply being inspired by other opinions, its all trying to win.

I agree multiple teams playing for ranks is cheating, its trying to gain a probablilty advantage, more than one team increases the chances of one doing well. But there are several ways to play amd h2h, money league's monthly leagues and overall rank can all justify a team for each , arguing otherwise is just silly.

Every single manager in here tracking pricing, Twitter, Ronka, Anfield Express, Egersdorf and FPL ypu tubes and all the rest should look at themselves and be honest, its about an edge

Bizarre post.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

The levels of denial is bizarre

Most in here scrape inches from anywhere they can get it. Example, FPL dont release their pricing algorithms as its their intellectual property and presumably have all 6m players on an equal footing. Yet you are happy to track a site that uses words like 'crack the code' for pricing ( even paying subscriptions in some cases ) and you are happy to do so.

Just double standards. A guy who has a team for rank and a team for a h2h is a cheating scumbag yet someone paying for a site to crack pricing forecasts isn't. How bizarre

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 12:57 The levels of denial is bizarre

Most in here scrape inches from anywhere they can get it. Example, FPL dont release their pricing algorithms as its their intellectual property and presumably have all 6m players on an equal footing. Yet you are happy to track a site that uses words like 'crack the code' for pricing ( even paying subscriptions in some cases ) and you are happy to do so.

Just double standards. A guy who has a team for rank and a team for a h2h is a cheating scumbag yet someone paying for a site to crack pricing forecasts isn't. How bizarre

Those sites are available for everyone. It's public information for anyone who is interested.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lol right ok

And cracking pricing codes, waiting for Anfield Express, paying a site to use an algorithm to pick your team etc

These things arent black and white, there are blurred lines as to what's fair we can all agree its not that simple.

But labelling someone a scumbag for having a team fpr rank and a team for a cash league and another for a head to head is ridiculous. They have one team for each format and gain no advantage.

But you certainly gain an advantage trying to crack their pricing

Someone explain to me how trying to cracj the pricing mechanism is any less a cheat than playing 2 teams for rank.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:07 cracking pricing codes

Someone explain to me how trying to cracj the pricing mechanism is any less a cheat than playing 2 teams for rank.
Because it's just an estimation based on public information offered by FPL itself.

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:07 Anfield Express
It's a public magazine.

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:07paying a site to use an algorithm to pick your team etc
I'm not paying anyone to pick my team and I don't think those algorithms are very helpful, but if someone wants to do it then good for him. You can't buy FPL points anyway.

Bizarre post, Billy Bongo. Or should I say, Bizarre Bongo.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 27 Apr 2018, 13:13, edited 2 times in total.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:07Someone explain to me how trying to cracj the pricing mechanism is any less a cheat than playing 2 teams for rank.

That's easy. One of them is specifically against FPL rules and one isn't.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I'll change my user name

Id anyone who understands the difference in playing h2h and rank whats to offer an opinion im all ears

Personally im comfortable about using information that someone has tried to 'crack', but im morally bankrupt when ot comes to trying to win things

Unlike the poor guy who innocently plays a h2h and his cash league with 2 teams, hes a maggot and a scumbag

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Tall Paul wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:07Someone explain to me how trying to cracj the pricing mechanism is any less a cheat than playing 2 teams for rank.

That's easy. One of them is specifically against FPL rules and one isn't.
Hench why is blurred

Im sure when they wrote the rules they didnt expect geeks with excel trying to cheat the system

Its a personal thing if you are comfortable with it

But no one has yet to answer the simple question what advantage do you gain playing a team for rank and a team for h2h v the advantage you are trying to gain using pricing sites

Hiding behind 'rules'is very convenient and just hypocritical.

Joshhhua
Treebeard

Post by Joshhhua »

Don't get why would you need two teams for h2h and rank? You play to get as much points as possible every week. Maybe delaying or moving forward one transfer or two during the whole season because of h2h, but nothing so much different that you would need two teams or am I missing something?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

But whilst the normal traditional game is your bread and butter (and your primary goal).

Whereas H2H is a side game for addititional fun/interest. The latter you might be willing to be more experimental or pick players to nullify your opponent etc.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I was toying with the idea that I might have multiple teams purely for experimental/research reasons.

Also another angle is that I am in a cash work league. I might be willing to tear my team up in search of money/prizes - the sole aim being to beat work colleagues (not the 4m normal players).

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Joshhhua wrote:Don't get why would you need two teams for h2h and rank? You play to get as much points as possible every week. Maybe delaying or moving forward one transfer or two during the whole season because of h2h, but nothing so much different that you would need two teams or am I missing something?
If you are behind you pick diffs your opponent doesn't have, your rank is irrelevant as you are only trying to beat one team

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:27 Im sure when they wrote the rules they didnt expect geeks with excel trying to cheat the system
It's not cheating, it's just making estimations based on the public information offered by FPL itself.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Thw arguments will go round and round and round. As you well know FPL make every attempt to try and stay ahead of the pricing hackers, its like GCHQ keeping rhe Russians out.

Im ok with it, I use it, and have offered up a defence on behalf of scumbag John Doe who innocently plays 2 teams not realising he's a dirt ball. Nothing more to add.

You chaps who try and eek out every advantage can sleep peacefully I won't dob you in, we can use scumbags like John as a smokescreen

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:47 Thw arguments will go round and round and round. As you well know FPL make every attempt to try and stay ahead of the pricing hackers, its like GCHQ keeping rhe Russians out.
No, they are two totally different things. No one is hacking FPL price changes.

It's the same as if you watched Arsenal match and then you decide not to pick Arsenal defenders because Arsenal suck according to your estimation based on the public information. Then I come here and say "hey everyone, Billy Bongo is an evil hacker because he makes his decisions based on the sophisticated estimations! It's hacking! He is a hacker!"

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Arsenal suck is correct, I concur

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

In terms of the price predicting sites;

How/where are the transfer volumes gleaned from?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Zimmerman wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 14:07 In terms of the price predicting sites;

How/where are the transfer volumes gleaned from?
In the "Transfers" sheet you can set "Sorted by" and select "Transfers in/out (round)".

It's totally public information, no one is hacking anything.

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Brightwater wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 11:15 Sent to FPL towers -

Subject
Cheats winning weekly prizes
http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/ ... y/#new_tab

Please advise what action you have taken to block cheats from winning prizes. In the case highlighted above, an Egyptian in GW35.

Please do not reply with ineffective platitudes. If you have not yet taken any action, or if the person reading this is not empowered to act, please pass to an empowered manager and advise me when and what you have done.

Thank you
FPL response -
We appreciate you taking the time to get in touch, as we value feedback from our players.

It's important that anyone can register and play FPL at any point during the season as people can be introduced to the game at varying stages of the season.

It's only fair that all managers in the game have the same access and opportunity to the prizes on offer.

We have however passed on your feedback and it will be discussed in relation to next season's prizes.

Regards,
Fantasy Premier League Support

My follow up -
This is exactly the response I expected from you, which is why I said -

"Please do not reply with ineffective platitudes. If you have not yet taken any action, or if the person reading this is not empowered to act, please pass to an empowered manager"

You have been presented with a clear example of apparent cheating in GW35, but apparently you have ignored your game rules and given the weekly prize to a cheat. Not good enough - please try again.

Thank you

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lol

Pedantry , ( replying to Finish1)

They change parameters all the time to stay a step ahead and the pricing sites are constantly trying to catch up so we can forecast a price change, and gain an advantage

But you know that, its a strawman

Its called trying to win, but its laballed ok yet little Billy playing his h2h and rank teams is a dirtball. Its double standards, just accept that trying to forecast a price rise and drop is no less or more in the spirit of the game than little Billys 2 teams.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 14:16 Its called trying to win, but its laballed ok yet little Billy playing his h2h and rank teams is a dirtball. Its double standards, just accept that trying to forecast a price rise and drop is no less or more in the spirit of the game than little Billys 2 teams.
Believe me when I say that in my opinion your H2H team is very possibly the least interesting thing in this world! :lol: :wink:

I haven't talked anything about your H2H team, just find your comments about "hacking" very bizarre.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”