To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Golf Society

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Golf Games
AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: pretty dire with occasional moments of genius

FISO Golf Society

Post by AKNel1 »

Should anyone be interested in joining us on real life golf days please pm me and I will add you to the group.

We hold 4 events during the year. A 3 day break with 3 rounds and competitions galore in Wales each April. A 27 hole day in the South of England which will be in June this year. The FISO Annual (the big one) a 1 day 18 holer in Central England usually late July/early August and a Scottish Open, 18 holes, 1 day, scheduled for September this year.

Ideally we would like to hold an event in the North but so far no-one has taken on the task of organising the day.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

Re: FISO Golf Society

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

Hi AKN
Please include me - although I may never turn up. I used to play off 18 but in the economic downturn had to give up club membership. I'm based in Ireland, so attractive though trips to Wales, England, and Scotland may be, I may not be able to justify the pleasure. :) however it would be nice to know what I am missing …

angus_1972
Treebeard
FS Record: 2013 Scottish FISO open golf champion.

Post by angus_1972 »

I would organise something in Scotland at my home club but the clubhouse won't be finished building until March 2016, so would prefer to hold it there in 2016.
The club is Torrance Park where we held the 2014 Scottish FISO open.
However I don't mind trying to organise it somewhere else for 2015 if nobody else is interested in doing it.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

Mick MacPaddywack wrote:Hi AKN
Please include me - although I may never turn up. I used to play off 18 but in the economic downturn had to give up club membership. I'm based in Ireland, so attractive though trips to Wales, England, and Scotland may be, I may not be able to justify the pleasure. :) however it would be nice to know what I am missing …
Added

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

angus_1972 wrote:I would organise something in Scotland at my home club but the clubhouse won't be finished building until March 2016, so would prefer to hold it there in 2016.
The club is Torrance Park where we held the 2014 Scottish FISO open.
However I don't mind trying to organise it somewhere else for 2015 if nobody else is interested in doing it.
McBear is organising the Scottish Open in September.

I know some of the English/Welsh contingent are keen to make a trip up to Scotland but want a date set quite early for them to arrange their schedules.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

The date has been set for the FISO Annual and will be played at the Forest of Arden - Aylesford course for the princely sum of £24. There is also the option for an overnight stay and the chance to play the highly acclaimed (and much more expensive) Arden course for £139 (inc. a free pint).

For full details, see the thread in the Golf Society section of the forum.

To join the golf society forum, send me a private message.

fatshaft
Wideboy

Post by fatshaft »

Is this still a thing?

The Olmeister
FISO 2005 Golf Champion
FS Record: A few quid and a Cleveland wedge

Post by The Olmeister »

It sure is. The comps are all in the golf society section under 'FISO Groups'.

maxb964
Cheetah
FS Record: 32

Post by maxb964 »

Nice work! Keep this up, men! With you.

ramzi.sen
Cheetah

Post by ramzi.sen »

AKNel1 wrote: 08 Apr 2015, 11:51 Should anyone be interested in joining us on real life golf days please pm me and I will add you to the group.

We hold 4 events during the year. A 3 day break with 3 rounds and competitions galore in Wales each April. A 27 hole day in the South of England which will be in June this year. The FISO Annual (the big one) a 1 day 18 holer in Central England usually late July/early August and a Scottish Open, 18 holes, 1 day, scheduled for September this year.

Ideally we would like to hold an event in the North but so far no-one has taken on the task of organising the day.
J'avais l'habitude de jouer à 18 ans, mais en période de ralentissement économique, j'ai dû abandonner l'adhésion au club. Je suis basé en Irlande, si attrayant que soient les voyages au Pays de Galles, en Angleterre et en Écosse, je ne pourrai peut-être pas justifier le plaisir :) :) :)

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

I live in Sheffield, Happy to organise a Northern day if someone wants to give me some deets.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Golf”