To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Price changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Re: Price changes

Post by Vsz »

cesc408 wrote:
MoSe wrote:is it really three nights without any change, or is the site just "frozen"? :?
That's the problem with a gap due to internationals/Cup games. Transfer movement is minimal.
3 days of nothing though seems almost unheard of.
Well, it's only 2 nights of nothing isn't it.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Vsz wrote:
cesc408 wrote:
MoSe wrote:is it really three nights without any change, or is the site just "frozen"? :?
That's the problem with a gap due to internationals/Cup games. Transfer movement is minimal.
no it's 3 nights, as I originally said :P

last changes 19 1:00am

night 19 to 20 no change
night 20 to 21 no change
night 21 to 22 no change

:mrgreen:

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

MoSe wrote:
Vsz wrote:
cesc408 wrote:
no it's 3 nights, as I originally said :P

last changes 19 1:00am

night 19 to 20 no change
night 20 to 21 no change
night 21 to 22 no change

:mrgreen:
Ah ok - I was looking at the CTC prices for Mane, for example. It says he went from 9.2m at 00.08 on the 19th to 9.3m at 00.08 on the 20th so I was thinking there was a change overnight of the 19th leading into the 20th but you're right, it would have been shortly after 00.08 on the 19th which is 18th into the 19th.

How confusing...!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

YES! I also always thought it's a bit confusing!
you gotta look into it and get used to it ;)

it's exactly as you described:
if you read CTC Mané's page, you see the new price on the 20th,
but it means it changed on the 19th at 1:00 am, shortly after CTC registered his old price at 19th 0:08am

lol

for a summary of all changes, you better look into CTC Price Changes link (in the black bar at the top)
http://crackthecode.fiso.co.uk/blog/price-changes/

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

MoSe wrote:YES! I also always thought it's a bit confusing!
you gotta look into it and get used to it ;)

it's exactly as you described:
if you read CTC Mané's page, you see the new price on the 20th,
but it means it changed on the 19th at 1:00 am, shortly after CTC registered his old price at 19th 0:08am

lol

for a summary of all changes, you better look into CTC Price Changes link (in the black bar at the top)
http://crackthecode.fiso.co.uk/blog/price-changes/
Ah yes - much easier to view that way...!!

To be fair, if you're able to produce those ridiculous XLS's and you think it's a bit confusing, it must be very confusing for the rest of us :)

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Curiouser and curiouser.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

It's broken.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Finisher1 wrote:It's broken.
Das ist gut. Maybe I can still pick up Siggy for 7.5 tomorrow 8-)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

hmmm... maybe FPL forgot to announce a new feature, that prices are set and fixed for the season after Feb 19th

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

It's frustrating for those of us who have shipped Sanchez earlier this week looking to buy him back later, as if he had fallen yesterday (which looked pretty near certain), then he surely would have fallen again tonight, given the typical pick-up of transfers on Fridays combined with the realisation for some that he will now have 2 of 3 blanks... Effectively one drop is going to be 'lost' - good news for anyone planning to hold him right through the barren period.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I would imagine that the blanks have meant more wildcards have been played - or at least, the wildcard out/in transfers will have been more polarised towards to the same players. That could well explain the overestimation of the price prediction sites for Siggy/Sanchez etc.

In fact, that's basically what FPLS does if wrong on a price rise I think - increase the wildcard percentage ratio for that player to try to correct the next prediction - with FFFix appearing to basically just leave the 'incorrect' wildcard percentage in place even if a player doesn't rise.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

do you think its a co-incidence that the 5 players (Sanchez, Jesus, KDB, Iwobi, and Walcott) that are drop defying at the moment are from teams that have a blank this GW?

On the rise side how long does the new player price protection last as Gabiadini (also blank, also not changing) has been around a bit now.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

is it possible that blanks are protected on the week they blank?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:I would imagine that the blanks have meant more wildcards have been played - or at least, the wildcard out/in transfers will have been more polarised towards to the same players. That could well explain the overestimation of the price prediction sites for Siggy/Sanchez etc.

In fact, that's basically what FPLS does if wrong on a price rise I think - increase the wildcard percentage ratio for that player to try to correct the next prediction - with FFFix appearing to basically just leave the 'incorrect' wildcard percentage in place even if a player doesn't rise.
You can say whatever you want, but the fact is five consecutive nights without any price changes is something we have never seen before. Something strange is going on, either it's broken or they have changed rules (maybe GW28 blankers are all protected or something).

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I thought this would happen :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: You can say whatever you want, but the fact is five consecutive nights without any price changes is something we have never seen before. Something strange is going on, either it's broken or they have changed rules (maybe GW28 blankers are all protected or something).
I'm pretty sure FFFix for example has only had three players rising (Gabbiadini, Siggy, Alonso) for all of those days and at most the 4/5 specific players dropping, and all from Arsenal/MCI I think. It's not as if there's been a widespread thing - all of those players could easily be subject to much higher than usual wildcard rates due to the blanks or lack of them except Gabbiadini (who will have had a new player price protection). :D

I expect many price changes tonight.

theplayer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 3rd overall FPL 2010/11

Post by theplayer »

Finisher1 wrote:
Stemania wrote:I would imagine that the blanks have meant more wildcards have been played - or at least, the wildcard out/in transfers will have been more polarised towards to the same players. That could well explain the overestimation of the price prediction sites for Siggy/Sanchez etc.

You can say whatever you want, but the fact is five consecutive nights without any price changes is something we have never seen before. Something strange is going on, either it's broken or they have changed rules (maybe GW28 blankers are all protected or something).
Sanchez and Jesus have already went down 0.1 so definitely not that.

Just very starnge that not 1 single player has risen or dropped in 5 days. Surely wildcards aren't that high this GW as most people are waiting for a later GW, although the casuals may wildcard.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Stemania wrote:
Finisher1 wrote: You can say whatever you want, but the fact is five consecutive nights without any price changes is something we have never seen before. Something strange is going on, either it's broken or they have changed rules (maybe GW28 blankers are all protected or something).
I'm pretty sure FFFix for example has only had three players rising (Gabbiadini, Siggy, Alonso) for all of those days and at most the 4/5 specific players dropping, and all from Arsenal/MCI I think. It's not as if there's been a widespread thing - all of those players could easily be subject to much higher than usual wildcard rates due to the blanks or lack of them except Gabbiadini (who will have had a new player price protection). :D

I expect many price changes tonight.
It's not looking likely Stem, it's a weird period certainly, but it has a logic. A fair few FISO contributors have found the whole thing confusing and been at a loss how to weather the storm. Most of my ML have extensive footy knowledge, are intelligent people and spend at least some time considering & managing their teams. They are all better than a typical casual but quite a few find it so difficult & time consuming that they are almost stunned into inaction. As most players are casual I would guess most are benching where they can and adopting a 'it's only a couple of games' sort of mentality. So stunned inaction is the flavour of the day IMHO

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

So all the casuals are doing nothing, and my casual-style panicking and selling Ibra and Sanchez for whoever scored well last week makes me a pro? :D

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

No drop for Sanchez again

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

BobMem wrote:So all the casuals are doing nothing, and my casual-style panicking and selling Ibra and Sanchez for whoever scored well last week makes me a pro? :D
Well when you put it Luke that..... :?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

cesc408 wrote:No drop for Sanchez again
Glad to hear it :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mane has gone fro 9.2 to 9.4 for me, and Sanchez is looking like dropping tonight, or am I missing something? (well apart from functioning Brain Cells and any other obvious ripostes :lol: )

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

There's definitely something strange going on. I know some wildcards are in play, but FFF now has Sanchez well over 400%, that can't be mostly wildcards surely. Seems very unfair on those who've sold him expecting his price to dive given upcoming blanks, and those keeping have presumably got a lucky little bonus (though 0.2 is hardly going to make a break a season at this stage I suppose). Hard to stomach without a sensible explanation though.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Diego Da Silva Costa Price rise from 10.6 to 10.7 2017-02-25, 01:00
Sadio Mané Price rise from 9.3 to 9.4 2017-02-25, 01:00
Pedro Rodríguez Ledesma Price rise from 6.9 to 7.0 2017-02-25, 01:00
Marcos Alonso Price rise from 6.7 to 6.8 2017-02-25, 01:00
Troy Deeney Price rise from 6.7 to 6.8 2017-02-25, 01:00
Kyle Walker Price rise from 6.3 to 6.4 2017-02-25, 01:00

Kevin De Bruyne Price fall from 10.6 to 10.5 2017-02-25, 01:00
Gabriel Fernando de Jesus Price fall from 9.2 to 9.1 2017-02-25, 01:00
Alex Iwobi Price fall from 6.0 to 5.9 2017-02-25, 01:00

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

scarletjim wrote:There's definitely something strange going on. I know some wildcards are in play, but FFF now has Sanchez well over 400%, that can't be mostly wildcards surely. Seems very unfair on those who've sold him expecting his price to dive given upcoming blanks, and those keeping have presumably got a lucky little bonus (though 0.2 is hardly going to make a break a season at this stage I suppose). Hard to stomach without a sensible explanation though.
They did a thing last season where they increased thresholds for DGW players. They may be doing something similar with blankers. But it's pretty poor if they are, it begins to look like price-fixing when Sanchez has such a huge number of NTOs and doesn't fall.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

As someone with a purchase price of 10.9, I'd definitely have considered holding Sanchez in light of this. No matter now though. 'Tis curious.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Has the rush for Manchester City assets begun already? Between 17:00 and 18:00 today -

Aguero - 847 transfers in.
Sterling - 1060 transfers in.

Hopefully just activated wildcards. Neither are close to rising so no panic yet.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The DGW isn't even confirmed yet, I wouldn't be doing anything at all with Aguero yet even if he was rising in price.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I've been trying to work out whether I should do an early transfer for a couple of hours now and, with most of two bottles of Pinot Grigio meandering through my veines, I've decided on masterly inactivity 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”