To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Coutinho vs pogba

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.

Coutinho or pogba

Poll ended at 11 Jan 2017, 08:05

Coutinho
36%
Pogba
64%

Total votes: 11

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Coutinho vs pogba

Post by mmikkeelee »

Can not decide between the two and looking for inspiration.

Who would you pick ?

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Re: Coutinho vs pogba

Post by WNP »

Went Pogba because he seems to be a starman magnet and United have more games than Liverpool, plus it may take Coutinho some time to get back in the swing of things (though I hope not!)

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

Went pogba although I will b having both but pogba going in first as on the increase and coutinho on the slide and as above may need a couple of games to get going

Ballerholic
FISOhead

Post by Ballerholic »

Without wishing to get off topic too much I think the above illustrates the issues I have with the value changes and preference for the old model. Despite whether or not you think Pog will be a better choice (I happen to think he will but leaving that aside) you are mainly choosing him because Coutinho's 5 game avg is likely to mean a reduction in price barring anything exceptional whereas Pog will stay the same/increase based on last 5 games. I am not sure that having regard to the Sun's 5 game avg algorithm should play a role in our decision making but it does (obviously)

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

As with everything it will depend on what team you have and what you are trying to achieve . Mini league , main game ? Are you playing catch up and need to take a risk ?
Personally why would you put him in without at least seeing how he plays after 1 or 2 full games ? How will Manes absence effect things ?
Pogba is a known and is in form at the moment so to me it's a no brainer .

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mmikkeelee »

shakermeister wrote:As with everything it will depend on what team you have and what you are trying to achieve . Mini league , main game ? Are you playing catch up and need to take a risk ?
Personally why would you put him in without at least seeing how he plays after 1 or 2 full games ? How will Manes absence effect things ?
Pogba is a known and is in form at the moment so to me it's a no brainer .
Yea I think that's tipped it for me I was thinking same tbh
Pogba it is then , coutinho next month fingers crossed

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

WNP wrote:Went Pogba because he seems to be a starman magnet and United have more games than Liverpool, plus it may take Coutinho some time to get back in the swing of things (though I hope not!)
Got to agree with Pogba,but if you are talking about more games in Jan,then Liverpool will have 7 (if they win replay) to Utds 5.
Looking at both sets of fixtures i would guess Coutinho will be more involved.

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Post by WNP »

Was thinking more games in total once Europa league start (assuming he wasn't planning on bringing in one of them to ditch again in Feb)

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Pogba customary star man again tonight :D

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mmikkeelee »

shakermeister wrote:Pogba customary star man again tonight :D
Yea I went for pogba in the end shaker fingers crossed coutinho doesn't do much in next few weeks

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Both!

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

Hazard to Coutinho if you have him could be a later option ?

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Would currently say Pogba the reason why I bought him in last week, with the view to keep an eye on Coutinho maybe using Febs upcoming transfers, could be that you'll be needing both come the last 1/4 of the season, Budget luckily no problem for me with current teams but I would imagine a few struggling to get both, therefore gun to my head I'd say Pogba.

Edit-Apologies as I have tried to poll and realised this was for yesterday's game :oops:

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Not sure many of us will have transfers left for this month , so not thinking we ll enjoy sitting through a possible 8 games for coutinho of which I think he'll play a part in most , then looking at the fixtures after that there not favourable for Liverpool and not to mention what price he'll be , so all in all think we might have missed the boat for coutinho

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

"so not thinking we ll enjoy sitting through a possible 8 games for coutinho of which I think he'll play a part in most"

Is this the same chocolate legs Coutinho that'll be wrapped in cotton wool by Klopp ? :wink:

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:"so not thinking we ll enjoy sitting through a possible 8 games for coutinho of which I think he'll play a part in most"

Is this the same chocolate legs Coutinho that'll be wrapped in cotton wool by Klopp ? :wink:
You not a fan of coutinho and not interested in putting him in , how many games u think he ll play in this time then , wot type pts will we miss out on and how much u thinking hell b , I'll go for 6 games 35pts and roughly the same price and then with the fixtures after that and his price that's y I think we may have missed a trick here

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Nightowl wrote:
ex-pro-gaffer wrote:"so not thinking we ll enjoy sitting through a possible 8 games for coutinho of which I think he'll play a part in most"

You not a fan of coutinho and not interested in putting him in , how many games u think he ll play in this time then , wot type pts will we miss out on and how much u thinking hell b , I'll go for 6 games 35pts and roughly the same price and then with the fixtures after that and his price that's y I think we may have missed a trick here
Ps hope I'm wrong and he drops in price would still b interested in putting him in at a cheaper price haha

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Nightowl wrote:

No I was joking bud, seen as though you've asked in fact I'm a massive fan he oozes quality and class and can quite often be the difference between the two sides, that said, Coutinho in general is a nightmare for dream team managers, his injury history makes him a huge liability to fork out nearly 9m for him atm, these aren't facts but an overview of my memory over the last few seasons,he seems to miss 3/4 weeks at a time, about 2/3 times per season, even when he's "fit" he seems to have a niggle and will miss individual games i.e. Slight strain,cramp,tiredness etc,.....on the flip side when he's on song he's dangerous and can rack up points very quickly, it's no surprise when he gets 40-50 Pts in 4-5 games, whether he goes in depends on different factors obviously for each individual player, league pos,ownership in league,budget and more !!

All being said I won't be rushing to put him in personally, I'm open minded though, I also think the more games he is involved in will help keep his price down this month, the more appearances he makes for 20-30 mins the less likely he is to influence the game and therefore keep his average down if you know what I mean.

My conclusion personally how it affects my leagues this year is this, I'm top no one around me owns him and only 1 has a transfer left (which he hasn't got the funds) I'll review again in Feb........everyone will be different !!

Regards to how many points and how many games, who knows we are guessing, there's no need to guess.

I hope something in all the above helps you somehow

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Couple of minutes tonight for coutinho could do his game average damage , price drop hoping for, ready for next month would be nice if he dropped twice b4 starting to climb

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mmikkeelee »

So far ...

Pogba 8
Coutinho 0

Let's see what the month of January brings between the two .

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Nightowl wrote:Couple of minutes tonight for coutinho could do his game average damage , price drop hoping for, ready for next month would be nice if he dropped twice b4 starting to climb
30 minutes was to much his rating was shooting up ,who scored love him ,pogba against coutinho the weekend who will get starman definitely be one of them haha

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

mmikkeelee wrote:So far ...

Pogba 8
Coutinho 0

Let's see what the month of January brings between the two .
Still
Pogba 8
Coutinho 0
After the weekend game although coutinho has travelled to Plymouth tonight for FA cup replay

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

I would be banking on minimum 13pts tonight now for coutinho owners now he's starting

Magic Plums
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner 16/17 backlash league

Post by Magic Plums »

Nightowl wrote:I would be banking on minimum 13pts tonight now for coutinho owners now he's starting

Yip just loaded up with him,
Shit or burst I think

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Nightowl wrote:I would be banking on minimum 13pts tonight now for coutinho owners now he's starting
18 gone and he's on 10 points

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Zimmerman wrote:
18 gone and he's on 10 points
Come on klopp that will do take him off for the sake of all non owners can't enjoy the game haha

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Pogba 8
Coutinho 5
Same amount of games left to play this month now

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Pogba seems to have been the right choice last month with coutinho taking time to re discover his form , now with new transfers available I'm not so keen on coutinho, they have hull away Saturday and not being able to put him in till after that, they then have only 2 more games this month both being awkward Spurs h and Leicester a , so think I'll b leaving him for this month anyone else thinking the same

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”