To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

De bruynes time up?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
dt6788
FISOhead

De bruynes time up?

Post by dt6788 »

Anyone else thinking of gettin rid of de bruyne for the likes of miki/alli ? Hes just not the same this year, I had him in as a season long pick but hes not providing.

Jedwick
Kevin and Perry

Re: De bruynes time up?

Post by Jedwick »

I'm pretty sure I'm doing KDB to Miki, think they are both rotation risks today however so not sure what to do, with the spare cash I can do martins indi to kosc which is appealing too!

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Usually gets rated but without his goals or star man awards it simply isn't good enough .
Not sure what Pep is doing with regards to the team . Aguero also appears to be suffering . So different from the start of the season !
Managers this year certainly appear to be a law unto their own and obviously are not Fans of Fantasy Football lol !

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I would but with Ians Nacho, Mane, Matip, Stekelenberg, Stones, Holebas I have greater concerns.
Jeez my team has somehow gotten dung.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

Don't think he's enjoying playing from the left silva seems to have nailed the no 10 roll

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

It could be worse. You could have just brought him into your best team :evil:

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Get the big boys off pep plz

johnraggett
Red & Blue Braces

Post by johnraggett »

Think I'll be moving him on next week, wish I'd done it last week for Alli

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Post by mmikkeelee »

White flag up for me on Kevin !!!
Sorry kev I've lost faith

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

de bruyne seems to be going further and further back towards the defence..a quarter back position :|

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

I have debruyne think he's going to ,will have to consider replacement as have lots of options , playing 442 so looking at pogba coutinho or 433 aguero any suggestions guys

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

Nightowl wrote:I have debruyne think he's going to ,will have to consider replacement as have lots of options , playing 442 so looking at pogba coutinho or 433 aguero any suggestions guys
Whats rest of your team?

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

plevna1963 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:I have debruyne think he's going to ,will have to consider replacement as have lots of options , playing 442 so looking at pogba coutinho or 433 aguero any suggestions guys
Whats rest of your team?
Front six hazard Ali ozil debruyne Kane Sanchez

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Ozil and De Bruyne out for Ali and Pogba ?

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

Having said that Kane doesn't appear to be doing it this season , in the last game ( not FA cup ) Ali was in a more attacking position than Kane for a lot of the match .

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

I'm actually thinking of bringing him into my side. His price is falling and if it becomes 5m, he could be a bargain. He is a quality player. Think he is due a goal.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I'm stubborn and will be keeping KDB come hell or high water. Mind you, this is probably why I flatter to deceive any never win anything... :roll:

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

I know what you mean . I kept faith with Ibra earlier in season , but I could see from his play that it was only a matter of time before his form picked up . Unless De Bruyne is played in a different roll than he has been of late then I can't see anything changing .
Of course the longer his poor form continues the more his price drops and the more difficult he becomes to replace .
Matt Phillips for WBA is out scoring him big time and also will be more expensive shortly !

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

Correction , he IS now more expensive :roll:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

People were saying the same about de Bruynes role at the start of the season.

He's definitely not a DM
He's definitely got class

He'll definitely be back in the points!

He's had a rating in 5/6 most recent games.
If he's still that consistent when playing bad (or during City's bleakest time) then the good times won't be far away.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

shakermeister wrote:I know what you mean . I kept faith with Ibra earlier in season , but I could see from his play that it was only a matter of time before his form picked up . Unless De Bruyne is played in a different roll than he has been of late then I can't see anything changing .
Of course the longer his poor form continues the more his price drops and the more difficult he becomes to replace .
Matt Phillips for WBA is out scoring him big time and also will be more expensive shortly !
Can c his price drop again with a 9 coming of his average and Eve (a) tot (h) next 2 fixtures and price already on the slide

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

CBN wrote:I'm stubborn and will be keeping KDB come hell or high water. Mind you, this is probably why I flatter to deceive any never win anything... :roll:
Keeping him in all teams also, never contemplated taking him out of any !, hadn't commented as thought the thread was a bit daft, just my personal opinion !

Zidane
FISOhead

Post by Zidane »

Really frustrating watching him lately, he was almost the third centre back at times against West Ham ffs!

Was IMO the best number 10 in the league last season but due to Pep farting around with his position every game, I think he has to go.

3 goals in 25 games is extremely poor.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

It wouldn't be so bad if he was getting star man , but 3 points a game isn't really good enough . if Pep switches him back to A more forward position as Mourinho with Pogba then fair enough . but until then his price will just continue to drop .

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

shakermeister wrote:It wouldn't be so bad if he was getting star man , but 3 points a game isn't really good enough . if Pep switches him back to A more forward position as Mourinho with Pogba then fair enough . but until then his price will just continue to drop .
This is exactly the point of the forum to gain different opinions, because I plan on keeping him the price drop is irrelevant to me, I agree with the playing further back frustration but that won't last, Fernandinho and gundagan were out over the weekend so he basically just slotted in there, all this talk mainly and frustration has come from watching him in front of the back four in an fa cup 3rd round game, from watching city this year he's the only one that makes them tick in an inconsistent/underperforming city side through various reasons, Pep, injuries, suspensions, Aguero is now back, sterling's looking sharper, after a couple of strange months I think city will kick on again and De Bruyne-Aguero will be the main beneficiarys,

Of course it could end up being the Hazard story of this year but I just can't see it happening.......I'll be keeping him :D

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

and in reality, Zabaleta and Toure were also playing... so de Bruyne was hardly playing as an out and out DM.

Looking at City's previous game (v Burnley)

Toure and Fernandinho played as DMs/pivots or whatever you want to brand them;

2nd second most shots in the match
6th in terms of passes
2nd in terms of chances created
1st for attacking third passes (19/25... next best was 16/18)
Took most of City corners (6, Navas and Silva took the other 2)
Most successful 'take ons' (4/6... Aguero next with 2/7)
2nd most ball recoveries in the match (city's highest)
3rd most tackles in the match (most City tackles)

Here's his heat map

the bigger the name, the more influence, the location on the picture is where they featured.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

and his previous 3 matches....

Arsenal

Hull

Liverpool

hard to see him in some of these, but he's definitely very central in all three of them

Liverpool - not very effective (poor game all round, telling that the defensive city players more prominent)
Hull - very central, again not the most effective though
Arsenal - very central, very prominent

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

Excellent posts Zimm .
I am also having a re think on him too now .
I was contemplating swapping for Mhky tonight but to be honest I think that would be a bad move as I don't rate the United player any better and he certainly hasn't the capacity for the same level of points . Looking at the stats De Bruyne is still pretty influential hence his continued 7+ ratings . With no one catching the eye in the same price range I am going to hang on to him . Maybe think about Giroud or Walcott on the weekend but will have to see how other players in my team are doing .
So for now it's a hold from me :D

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

It seemed to me, pep played a diamond midfield at west ham, with yaya at the base zaba and KDB to the side and Silva at the tip. Pep changes formation like the wind, so wouldn't read to much into it. Be interesting to see what formation they play next game.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

With all those graphs and stats zim has put up and the fact I just seen an article on ssn that pogba and debruyne have hit the woodwork 7 times each this season , now wondering if it was a good decision to take him out myself , as I might b rushing to put him back in ,think it is just a matter of time b4 he gets going

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”