To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DE GEA

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

DE GEA

Post by Nightowl »

Now sitting at nice 3.8m was thinking of bringing in as I have foster do we think he could drop even more with Liverpool Chelsea and city on the horizon or just jump at him now as looking to leave him there for rest of season

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Re: DE GEA

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Wait until he goes down to 3 mil, then bring him in 8-)

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:Wait until he goes down to 3 mil, then bring him in 8-)
Waited but rose a bit this week not waiting any longer think 3.6m still cheap for season keeper

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Wish I was in the luxurious position of being able to tinker with my goalkeeper! :lol:

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

CBN wrote:Wish I was in the luxurious position of being able to tinker with my goalkeeper! :lol:
I'm not but want rid of foster and not gunna pick anyone of de gea quality again at this price then forget about that position for rest of season

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I have actually brought Foster IN to a few teams given their beautiful November fixtures.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

CBN wrote:I have actually brought Foster IN to a few teams given their beautiful November fixtures.
Yeah I see they have nice fixtures for November but after that they get tougher and don't think a keeper of de geas quality will b available at the price he is now and just want to forget about that position

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

CBN wrote:I have actually brought Foster IN to a few teams given their beautiful November fixtures.
So you are in a luxurious position then with other teams let alone a team in 4th that looks very strong

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Nightowl wrote:
Waited but rose a bit this week not waiting any longer think 3.6m still cheap for season keeper
He's still going down with Arsenal to come next. My 3 mil prediction may come true :shock:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Almost there - give it one more week :D

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:
Man U 3 home games on the bounce coming up feyenoord West Ham twice might not get there

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Nightowl wrote:
BLOCKHEAD wrote:
Man U 3 home games on the bounce coming up feyenoord West Ham twice might not get there
West Ham got goals in them.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:
Buckled under pressure now have him in 2 of my teams 3.6m in 1 and a nice little 3.2m in the other have to say that position fixed for season hopefully , been doing to many quick fixes need to start looking long term in about 7 or 8 positions then play about with the others well that's the plan from here in

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

He's definitely on my radar - I just need to convince myself that it's worth using a transfer on a keeper.

dt6788
FISOhead

Post by dt6788 »

Hes made it to 3m haha

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Haha might wait for him to go down to 2.5 now :D

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:Haha might wait for him to go down to 2.5 now :D
Unless u got transfers left u will have to wait till next week anyway with the midweek game he ll b locked by the time the new transfers are available

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:Haha might wait for him to go down to 2.5 now :D
He s nearly there haha

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Post by Walter Bishop »

I'm tempted to put him in for Foster now he is this cheap. WBA have some tough fixtures coming up and seem to be playing a bit more of an attacking game lately. Just not sure if it is a wasted Transfer with none of the Top Teams keeping Clean Sheets lately.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Walter Bishop wrote:I'm tempted to put him in for Foster now he is this cheap. WBA have some tough fixtures coming up and seem to be playing a bit more of an attacking game lately. Just not sure if it is a wasted Transfer with none of the Top Teams keeping Clean Sheets lately.
Don't think I'd make that move unless the rest of your team is in good shape.

The thing is although Foster will face some tough matches after those again he has a run of 5 or 6 that a clean sheet would be realistic.

What I found also is even in the matches against the big teams goalkeepers can get ratings even if they concede a couple due to the fact that they are facing more shots so more saves. You just have to look at pickford and Heatons points compared to de gea to see that

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Walter Bishop wrote:I'm tempted to put him in for Foster now he is this cheap. WBA have some tough fixtures coming up and seem to be playing a bit more of an attacking game lately. Just not sure if it is a wasted Transfer with none of the Top Teams keeping Clean Sheets lately.
Wouldn't say it's a waste it's a position sorted for the season and a cheap way into utds back line and under mourinho u know it's only a matter of time b4 they tighten up they dominate games and teams only getting 1 or 2 chances against them at the moment there taking them but that will stop

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Post by Walter Bishop »

Nice replies Clem and Nightowl, Thanks. You both are right, which shows how tough it is to make our minds up over these Transfers. I wouldn't say my Team would be in great shape as I would be using up all my Transfers and be stuck with Kelly in defence. I would be taking out Aguero, C. Dawson and Foster for Kane, Van Dijk and De Gea which does look stronger to me but I would have no Transfers left and this is one Tough Month with all the fixtures and injuries are sure to play a part.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Walter Bishop wrote:Nice replies Clem and Nightowl, Thanks. You both are right, which shows how tough it is to make our minds up over these Transfers. I wouldn't say my Team would be in great shape as I would be using up all my Transfers and be stuck with Kelly in defence. I would be taking out Aguero, C. Dawson and Foster for Kane, Van Dijk and De Gea which does look stronger to me but I would have no Transfers left and this is one Tough Month with all the fixtures and injuries are sure to play a part.
Obviously you can get van Djik and kane in there without budget concerns.

For me I would keep the extra transfer as an insurance. At most maybe de gea scores 15 points more than foster over the month. That is at best.

However if Kane/or one of your other 2 strikers get injured to go 6/7 fixtures without a player who normally will get you 40-50 points in that period is the risk.

You have to think of all options it's risk v reward. Is that 15 points or so that de gea Coul potentially get you worth having no option to change if one of your big hitters get injured?

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

cclem345 wrote:
Walter Bishop wrote:Nice replies Clem and Nightowl, Thanks. You both are right, which shows how tough it is to make our minds up over these Transfers. I wouldn't say my Team would be in great shape as I would be using up all my Transfers and be stuck with Kelly in defence. I would be taking out Aguero, C. Dawson and Foster for Kane, Van Dijk and De Gea which does look stronger to me but I would have no Transfers left and this is one Tough Month with all the fixtures and injuries are sure to play a part.

For me I would keep the extra transfer as an insurance. At most maybe de gea scores 15 points more than foster over the month. That is at best.

However if Kane/or one of your other 2 strikers get injured to go 6/7 fixtures without a player who normally will get you 40-50 points in that period is the risk.

You have to think of all options it's risk v reward. Is that 15 points or so that de gea Coul potentially get you worth having no option to change if one of your big hitters get injured?
There's a lot of maybes there it's not just the 15 pts its position sorted and forget and even price rises which I would not want to waste to much on that position eg 2 or 3 clean sheets easy possible 20 pts and 2 price rises and he's back up to 4 m there's the other side of it and no injuries to your forwards

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Nightowl wrote:
cclem345 wrote:

There's a lot of maybes there it's not just the 15 pts its position sorted and forget and even price rises which I would not want to waste to much on that position eg 2 or 3 clean sheets easy possible 20 pts and 2 price rises and he's back up to 4 m there's the other side of it and no injuries to your forwards
Of course there is more than one view of it. I'm just expressing my view. It will be tough to get a keeper like de gea at that price again buy your only as good as the defence in front of you also.

A makeshift back 4 for united. They have been all over the place. Playing right backs at left back, left backs in centre half etc.

All opinions.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Hope you went for it de gea looking a good buy now

Walter Bishop
FISOhead

Post by Walter Bishop »

I did Nightowl :) And the fact he seems to be getting rated now is an added Bonus. Has helped my Team climb to 154th, which I am well Pleased with. Would like to get a Top 100 finish but it feels like you are treading water when you get around the Top 300 mark. I guess it because all the Teams around that position have good Teams with all the Big Hitters in them but just different combinations. Good Luck.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”