To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Virus infection pop up

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Virus infection pop up

Post by robot »

I'm not the most tech savy and have got an issue with a pop up/webpage that keeps coming up saying my phone is infected download an app to fix it etc,the only way to get rid is to get to the url bar and remove it.
After that have done all the usual stuff cleared cache/data etc it works for a bit then comes back.

It only happens on samsung explorer ( i have a s7)
It also only happens when using fiso.

Any ideas without having to do factory reset.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Re: Virus infection pop up

Post by bspittles »

robot wrote:I'm not the most tech savy and have got an issue with a pop up/webpage that keeps coming up saying my phone is infected download an app to fix it etc,the only way to get rid is to get to the url bar and remove it.
After that have done all the usual stuff cleared cache/data etc it works for a bit then comes back.

Can you use a browser with an adblocker? (I'm not an Android user, so I don't know which to recommend)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I get it (or a version of it at least) occasionally on FISO and other sites, I think it's something from one of the adsense adverts that pops up, so its not something wrong with FISO, not the phone and not a virus/infection, but some sort of dodgy advert (I think). I've not been able to stop it yet however.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Noticed a rise in this when on FISO lately too... If its "adware" then its definately some form of MAL-adware...

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

bspittles wrote:
robot wrote:I'm not the most tech savy and have got an issue with a pop up/webpage that keeps coming up saying my phone is infected download an app to fix it etc,the only way to get rid is to get to the url bar and remove it.

Can you use a browser with an adblocker? (I'm not an Android user, so I don't know which to recommend)
Just loaded adblock plus for samsung,see if that helps.
I could use another browser but just prefer the samsung one,so want to fix it as its unusable when it pops up as it takes over the whole page and needs the cache/data clearing every time to be able to try again :evil:

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Ran an AVG scan to include external memory and it picked this up. Cleared it out and haven't had a problem since....fingers crossed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”