To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

Post by ooozzzie »

Rules for this new thread (which are open to discussion) are that you can post whatever you want as long as you include one bit of cricket news or related chat. if you are not happy with this. please go back to the other thread where I am sure Emma1 will be more than happy to read your post and ultimately decide if she is happy with it or not.
Last edited by ooozzzie on 09 Aug 2016, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Re: New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote:OK, i have never in my life seen anything as bizarre as this before, it is pathetic. But I am never going to be dictated to by a lurker who has never contributed anything at all. it is ridiculous. If this doesn't work then I will set up a new forum.

Rules for this new thread (which are open to discussion) are that you can post whatever you want as long as you include one bit of cricket news or related chat. if you are not happy with this. please go back to the other thread where I am sure Emma1 will be more than happy to read your post and ultimately decide if she is happy with it or not.
Not commented for a while but read daily. Are cricket bats made from pussy willow? Help from anybody please! It is bloody ridiculous I concur ! Keep up the great work and comments lads. If you have hung the tv on plasterboard and used plasterboard fixings it will hang longer than the TV lasts! Cheers boys and girls of course Mr Macca

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

I concur and my rather out of date and rather vague cricketing news is that one of my many claims to fame was as a 12 year old I bowled out Greg or Ian Chappell (can't remember which one) when they were over I think playing for Somerset or Gloucester in mid 60's. I believe the ball bounced three times before it hit the stumps.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Well done Ooozzzie..... Anything to avoid being dictated to by attention seeking ,bullying behaviour..... Very sad indeed ,and I except that all the regular' spirit of cricket' contributors will respect this and be careful what they post....

I have some useful general information about the functioning of TFC at present, but don't feel like sharing it widely on this site at present.....

Cricket stuff....when will Alistair declare tomorrow? Huh...?

DD....

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Jezza,good stuff! I hope you bowled underarm....ha.

DD

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

12.40pm is my guess DD, which wouldn't be my choice, but is my guess.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

As some know (!) I am not beyond saying stuff (in good spirit) that even my friends here disagree with. . cough!

I stated before how I disagreed with the change in rules to enable a player to win the weekly twice in a season... I believe that this is unfair to those of us who are stupid,unlucky or poor!....I am all three!

The bloke who won last week had lots of teams entered for the purpose... Fair play to him,it is within the rules..... There is a freak opportunity this week and he has again flooded in many,many teams....again within the rules.....

I decided to put in two of my remaining teams,hoping that when they failed I could use the core for another week.....I think I am about number 19 or so ( the wrong Curran....or is that Wallace and Gromit?) The winner of last week has ten teams ahead of me........

This is not encouraging for long standing players with a modest number of teams.....Nothing personal against the person who is now likely to win in consecutive weeks,but think on.......TFC! Spirit of Cricket and all that outdated value based stuff! Ha!

Best to most, DD....x

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:As some know (!) I am not beyond saying stuff (in good spirit) that even my friends here disagree with. . cough!

I stated before how I disagreed with the change in rules to enable a player to win the weekly twice in a season... I believe that this is unfair to those of us who are stupid,unlucky or poor!....I am all three!

The bloke who won last week had lots of teams entered for the purpose... Fair play to him,it is within the rules..... There is a freak opportunity this week and he has again flooded in many,many teams....again within the rules.....

I decided to put in two of my remaining teams,hoping that when they failed I could use the core for another week.....I think I am about number 19 or so ( the wrong Curran....or is that Wallace and Gromit?) The winner of last week has ten teams ahead of me........

This is not encouraging for long standing players with a modest number of teams.....Nothing personal against the person who is now likely to win in consecutive weeks,but think on.......TFC! Spirit of Cricket and all that outdated value based stuff! Ha!

Best to most, DD....x
I am the bloke that won last week, I entered my last nine credits to try and win a weekly comp. I always Enter 50 credits at the start of the game for six months of fun. Don't smoke, do drugs , and only occasional alcohol would do more but it is a health risk. For this reason I place one hundred pounds into the game for fun. Last year I was left with eleven credits and forgot to use them, idiot I am. I am up there this week with ten sides in the top 14 as it is only a two day comp. All my sides that were rubbish got thrown at the comp this week I think 20 were aimed at this. I hope I win, but if I don't no matter. Not good enough to win the comp, so try to win a weekly comp to recoup my money. I believe we need more people doing more multiple entries as this comp at the moment is running at a loss. Good luck to all fellow fiso members

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

ooozzzie wrote: Rules for this new thread (which are open to discussion) are that you can post whatever you want as long as you include one bit of cricket news or related chat. if you are not happy with this. please go back to the other thread where I am sure Emma1 will be more than happy to read your post and ultimately decide if she is happy with it or not.
...so a bit like pmqs on a wednesday. you say something banal to start and then ping the prime minister with wot you really want to ask... cool. 8-)

anyhoo. let's hope this works. :) ... first brexit and now CREXIT!! ... whatever next-it... :P

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

meanwhile i've just had a look at the old thread. good stuff by sichonsteve... who has recently knocked out my sole surviving super8 team. :evil:

but i have to say that, not for the first time, striker has written an absolute beauty. :D 8-)

the only thing i'd disagree with him on is when he says the best thing is to ignore emma1. ... sadly this is impossible if the moderators are going to delete any post which offends her world of witless pendantry.

everything else he says is cock-on by me. :D

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Anyone found out who the mod is on the cricket threads yet? I'm annoyed that my valuable tips on DIY are lost forever. But what a farce. Emma is clearly totally ignorant about both cricket and the idea of a cooperative and enjoyable online community that entertain each other as well as providing useful ideas and information about fantasy sports. But it is the mod who really needs to explain him/herself. Is someone going to do this to football chat threads too? They could then make the whole of FISO extremely boring lists of facts for lazy lurkers who can't google. :evil:
Oh - my bit of cricket news is that England are playing Pakistan.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Seems fine as an interim solution for me.

The threads are meant for team news and chat, they have been been for 5+ years and it works just fine in my opinion - however if a mod ( Jester? ) could clarify what's expected and any boundaries that would be helpful.

PM coming your way ooozzzie, your fixture list is superb.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ok KC Thanks, some very fair points from all posters. Doogal thanks for your news :lol: Revising my time for declaration 11.27am

KC added.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

It's a difficult one this. The Mods job is to respond when someone makes a report, and taken literally Emma has a point I suppose.
I agree that the inane ramblings get in the way of the useful cricket stuff, but have you ever listened to Blowers on commentary? The inane ramblings are what puts the 'S' in TMS for me. I am therefore more than willing to struggle through the DIY tips and talk about all things banana related to get to the bit I need! That's just me though.

I won't undo what's been done but I will ask the doer to move the missing posts to this thread if that's acceptable?

One question from me - is this the go-to thread for team news etc now, or do I need to read both.....?
I have a top 100 team for the first time ever I think, and need all the help I can get staying there!

Keep up the great work :-)

The cricket bit from me - declaration 14:45.
England doesn't need to win, save that for next week. Just need to make sure Pakistan can't beat us..... Safe and sure, the English way :roll:

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Fixture list required here too please oooooozie :-)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Jester added, all those added can now comment as well, so if you do see an error please let me know. Probably keep it like this as it keeps general lurkers out
anyway. Once added it will be sorted. Jester you can delete your email now mate.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Thanks Jester, yes it is a tricky one and good luck with your top 100 team.

The other thread was getting a bit long anyway. I'll be posting any team stuff here when i do.

I suggest carrying on with this thread for now but just be mindful not to stray too far from the boundary ropes...

Great day of test cricket ahead.

mincer
Treebeard

Post by mincer »

Just logged in to find the cricket thread in disarray.

Personally I think the cricket thread is the best there is. I feel like I know the characters on here without having met any of you. You all provide 'squid' news, and little snippets of info (plus DIY tips of course :D ). Carry on the good work.

PS Best of luck to all those with a sniff of prizes this year. After last years high my teams are somewhat floundering this year. But still thoroughly enjoying it. Checking my teams and cricinfo during the day makes work almost bearable.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

ooozzzie wrote:Jester added, all those added can now comment as well, so if you do see an error please let me know. Probably keep it like this as it keeps general lurkers out
anyway. Once added it will be sorted. Jester you can delete your email now mate.

Thanks - I have relied so much on your chart this season, would have been hard(er) work without it! :-)

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

What was the overnight score?
I had 300 for 5 this morning - just refreshed and Pakistan is batting.....

Did we add 150 in the first half hour or am I going mod......?!! lol

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Now I've calmed down, back to the chat v news point. My view is that there is a big difference between cricket and football here. There is relatively little traffic on the cricket threads, and most of the team news comes on one or two days day a week, when the new round of county games is due. Therefore, unlike football (where there are a lot of posters and a lot more team news over more days - more injuries, for example - and hence a large volume of 'inane ramblings' would get in the way of news), it is very easy to find the latest cricket squads very quickly on one 'mixed' news and chat thread. The football forums get over this by having some very strict threads - eg ONLY confirmed injury news - and some where anything goes. We could do the same with cricket - one thread for inane ramblings and one strictly for team news only - the only problem being whether people would actually contribute to the latter (there are a very small number of people who post team news, and most of them are probably quite pissed off by the lurker's intervention - my guess is that most would continue to post team news in the chat thread anyway). But if Jester wants to follow this route, no problem - let's have two separate threads and see what happens.

By the way, the inane ramblings are actually quite funny and entertaining in many cases, though some may not understand them - the TMS analogy is a good one.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Black Caviar.....As always, I didn't know who the person was,and ,as always, absolutely nothing personal..... you followed the rules perfectly and good luck to you. My issue,as always, is about the ever changing TFC rules to the detriment of 'small players.'

I often sign off posts with 'best to all' or whatever.... When I said ' best to most' last night,I was only excluding one person,and it certainly wasn't you..xxx

Some excellent and very well written posts have popped up in the last 12 hours.....Many thanks to you all for supporting Ooozzzie's initiative....let's hope all ends well.....

Regarding the Test...do you think that the declaration came too soon? Not sure if the attack is firing on all cylinders at present..... Tricky for Alistair.... damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!

DD..

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

haha, even when playing club cricket and batting, and sitting in the pavillion, the majority of the conversation is about tv, women, football, work, life. Very little about the actual game we are playing bar maybe how many has so and so got, what a good/bad shot that was and this bowler seems to be quick :lol: :lol:

Should certainly be in for an interesting afternoons cricket in both county and the test match :shock:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well if Pakistan do get up to the overnight score I hope Cooky takes note of all the pundits that said he should have declared overnight. I am sure he has enough, but if we don't get some wickets soon they won't be that far away. Good game. 64 overs left, so a lot can happen yet.

Ha yes Wiz

All those that have PM'd me have been added to view fixture spreedsheet, all I need is email address you don't need to log in, not sure how it works :shock: but it does.

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Black Caviar.....As always, I didn't know who the person was,and ,as always, absolutely nothing personal..... you followed the rules perfectly and good luck to you. My issue,as always, is about the ever changing TFC rules to the detriment of 'small players.'

I often sign off posts with 'best to all' or whatever.... When I said ' best to most' last night,I was only excluding one person,and it certainly wasn't you..xxx

Some excellent and very well written posts have popped up in the last 12 hours.....Many thanks to you all for supporting Ooozzzie's initiative....let's hope all ends well.....

Regarding the Test...do you think that the declaration came too soon? Not sure if the attack is firing on all cylinders at present..... Tricky for Alistair.... damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!

DD..
Not a problem, I wasn't offended one little bit. I was just really letting you know I was a fellow fiso member who loves the game as much as you. Let's hope it's still going next year! Cheers men good luck to all

EmmaI
Kevin and Perry

Post by EmmaI »

Anyone else playing Pokemon Go?

I caught a Scyther the other day and thought it looked a bit like a cricket.

Did anyone go to the Sussex match in Colchester today? I'd love to know who was behind the stumps while Ben Brown was turning his arm.

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

EmmaI wrote:Anyone else playing Pokemon Go?

I caught a Scyther the other day and thought it looked a bit like a cricket.

Did anyone go to the Sussex match in Colchester today? I'd love to know who was behind the stumps while Ben Brown was turning his arm.

It was a Pokemon

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

Wicketchoo perhaps....?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Hi Guys, I just want to say thanks to Jaz for his time today with this pathetic mess that has arisen this weekend. I am sure he could have done without it.

Can I just ask everyone to read his post carefully, don't speed read it as it is easy to miss the important bits. Part of the important bits are, that any reporting of non cricketing posts will be ignored but also "MOD Bashing" (perhaps a bit strong)...... but we understand the meaning will not make any difference to the outcome, and really
isn't the best way forward. Contact direct, I think the problem was we didn't know which Mod was acting on the reports. But there we go.

So we are sorted, lets carry on, ignore those you want to ignore, and respect the Mods, what is done is done, and the outcome I think is fair and well judged, just crazy it has gone this far, but I am completely sure that most were very happy with the way things were, just one wasn't.

I hate this sort of thing I had to step in enough times to moderate in the Air Force in my last few years, kids busts up's, some you had to bite your tongue, but when it gets that bad, you remember, and stick it in your memory for another day. Arh your working Xmas day, that's unlucky.............oh and that's the good news, your off to Afghanistan on Jan 2nd. See you in April.

Absolutely brilliant win by England Cricket today.......... and the Womens Rugby 7's :P

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

See the post by Vid on the other site,which has now been 'locked.'

Such unnecessary destruction by one individual of an innocent activity that brings fun to so many...Remarkable....ehhh,I don't mean Vid....!

Oh... Great result in the Test.....When was the last time that the top seven all got a decent score and then the attack held their nerve?

I couldn't get peace to follow the last few hour's play ( in Aberdeen) so volunteered to take my young nieces to the park in order to stick in a radio earphone..... Sadly ,rather than play on the equipment, they talked incessantly about horses........ grrr.....

DD....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”