To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Two teams down the pan. Can you believe this?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Two teams down the pan. Can you believe this?

Post by Ashers »

( 5s ) Bronte: Welcome to the Sun Live Chat service. Please note that all Live Chats are recorded
for training purposes. Please wait and an Online Advisor will be with you soon.
( 29s ) Bronte: Hello, you're chatting with Bronte . I'm here to help you with any questions you may
have about The Sun.
( 41s ) Ash: Is Ahmet there?
( 1m 5s ) Bronte: Ahmet has gone home, can I help Ash?
( 1m 21s ) Ash: Hwe was meant to call me back before 4:30
( 1m 28s ) Bronte: What was this regarding please Ash?
( 1m 38s ) Ash: Points not being added to my team
( 2m 12s ) Bronte: I will look into this for you Ash.
( 2m 15s ) Bronte: In order to assist you today I just need to ask a couple of security questions.
Please can you confirm your name and email address for me?
( 2m 30s ) Ash: Ashley Bloodworth
( 2m 41s ) Ash:
( 2m 57s ) Bronte: Were the teams in question 'Madrid' and 'Team News'?
( 3m 9s ) Ash: yes :)
( 3m 56s ) Bronte: In regard to the missing points, you entered the teams too late into the game to
get the points, as the match had already kicked off.
( 4m 8s ) Ash: I hadn't
( 4m 19s ) Ash: I entered them before the start of the game
( 4m 44s ) Ash: Why would I enter them during the game
( 4m 46s ) Bronte: They had been entered too late to get the points, I am sorry.
( 5m 5s ) Ash: What time were they entered?
( 5m 25s ) Bronte: I will look into this for you. I may be three minutes.
( 7m 25s ) Bronte: Well the first kick off for Dream Team Europe was on the 16th of February and
you hadn't signed up your teams before the 17th.
( 8m 14s ) Ash: That doesn't matter, the rules say you score from the next kickoff
( 8m 48s ) Ash: I entered before any games were played on the 17th
( 9m 0s ) Bronte: The teams in questions weren't entered until the 22nd of February, missing out
on the points from the previous week.
( 9m 9s ) Ash: No they were not
( 9m 14s ) Ash: I've had this conversation
( 9m 22s ) Ash: I have scored points for the 18th
( 9m 35s ) Ash: I made my ET on the 22/02
( 10m 15s ) Bronte: Apologies yes, I can see that. However, you would not have scored the points
you have referred to because your teams were not entered in time.
( 10m 23s ) Ash: Yes they were
( 10m 39s ) Ash: They were entered before 7:45 on the 17th
( 10m 55s ) Ash: and therefore should score points from those matches
( 11m 12s ) Bronte: How many points do you think you are missing Ash?
( 11m 27s ) Ash: We've had this conversation four times now
( 11m 40s ) Ash: all the points from any Real Madrid players
( 11m 59s ) Ash: The points were showing on live scoring
( 12m 15s ) Bronte: Has this happened for all of the games?
( 12m 33s ) Ash: no, just the games on Wednesday night
( 13m 38s ) Ash: Please can you confirm the exact time that I entered those two teams on the 17th
( 14m 55s ) Bronte: You entered No Team News at 19:15:19 and Madrid at 19:18:28.
( 15m 26s ) Ash: Thanks, so both should score points for the Roma vs Real Madrid match
( 16m 20s ) Ash: as per your rules: But don’t worry if you can’t as you can enter throughout the
tournament and users will start to score from the next game after they enter
( 16m 57s ) Bronte: One moment please Ash.
( 19m 6s ) Bronte: I am just discussing this with the supervisor that looked into your case Ash. I
may be five minutes.
( 19m 12s ) Ash: ok
( 20m 49s ) Bronte: You will have need to have entered the team by 5pm to get the points. I am
sorry for the confusion Ash.
( 21m 4s ) Ash: Where does it say that in the rules?
( 21m 43s ) Bronte: I will look into this for you. I may be two minutes.
( 22m 9s ) Ash: There were no games prior to the 19:45 games
( 22m 50s ) Ash: Rules state and I will quote: But don’t worry if you can’t as you can enter
throughout the tournament and users will start to score from the next game after they enter. For
full details and Terms & Conditions of Dream Team Europe registration click here.
( 22m 59s ) Ash: Says next game, which I clearly did
( 23m 52s ) Bronte: I understand Ash.
( 25m 52s ) Bronte: Had you signed up before the kick off, you would have got a warning telling
you to enter the team by 5pm.
( 26m 7s ) Ash: No you don't
( 26m 28s ) Ash: I even confirmed with one of your advisors that you can enter between games and
he confirmed you could.
( 26m 50s ) Bronte: I am sorry Ash but these are the rules.
( 26m 55s ) Ash: Please stop making excuses up as nowhere does it say 5pm
( 27m 5s ) Ash: Please show me where it says this in your rules
( 27m 38s ) Bronte: There was a countdown before you entered your team, it will no longer say
this on the site.
( 28m 26s ) Ash: it never said that and that is not mentioned in the rules
( 28m 33s ) Ash: Please pass me to someone higher
( 28m 41s ) Bronte: Ash, this is the rule. There is no one available at this time.
( 29m 9s ) Ash: To get the maximum points possible try to enter before kick-off of the first match
on February 16. But don’t worry if you can’t as you can enter throughout the tournament and users
will start to score from the next game after they enter. For full details and Terms & Conditions of
Dream Team Europe registration click here.
( 29m 17s ) Bronte: I understand this Ash.
( 29m 27s ) Ash: Yes, even says from the next match
( 30m 4s ) Bronte: I understand what it says, but the rule is that you need to enter the team by
5pm. You will not be getting the points for the Real Madrid game.
( 30m 5s ) Ash: I know people that entered teams in between games last Thursday and have
scored points from the evening games
( 30m 30s ) Bronte: Ash, we will not be able to award the points.
( 30m 43s ) Ash: Bronte, I want to raise a complaint
( 30m 56s ) Bronte: Pleas email custserv@thesun.co.uk to make a complaint.
( 30m 58s ) Ash: Your making this up as you go along
( 31m 11s ) Bronte: I have spoken to two supervisors regarding this issue.
( 31m 31s ) Ash: They need some training then
( 31m 50s ) Bronte: I'm sorry you feel this way. If I cannot help you further, I will need to close the
chat.
( 32m 17s ) Bronte: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
( 32m 33s ) Ash: Please explain why I scored points for the games on the 18th
( 32m 46s ) Bronte: You entered your teams on the 17th, which was before the 18th.
( 33m 3s ) Ash: You said the 16th earlier to score any points
( 33m 22s ) Bronte: To score points for the games on the 16th.
( 33m 43s ) Ash: Please and I ask again, where does it say 5pm and why 5pm?
( 34m 18s ) Bronte: It said 5pm on the site before you entered your team in a countdown. It will not
say this anymore. It needs to be entered within well enough time for your account to update.
( 34m 35s ) Ash: Why is this not in the rules?
( 35m 9s ) Bronte: Ash, I'm sorry. You will not be awarded the points for this match.
( 35m 21s ) Ash: please give me one minute
( 35m 22s ) Bronte: Is there anything else you need help with today?
( 35m 57s ) Ash: please give me one minute
( 36m 13s ) Bronte: Ash, I am unable to help you any further today.
( 37m 1s ) Ash: Please can you send me a copy of email contact with you
( 37m 15s ) Bronte: You will have your copy of emails already Ash.
( 37m 35s ) Bronte: You have only contacted us via Live Chat.
( 37m 51s ) Ash: I've only received this one this morning
( 38m 3s ) Bronte: You only received what this morning?
( 39m 22s ) Ash: Please can you confirm why I have scored points for my other three teams for the
games played on Thursday
( 39m 56s ) Bronte: Last Thursday was the 18th Ash.
( 40m 2s ) Ash: Yes, please
( 40m 34s ) Ash: Please can you confirm why my teams entered that nights scored points
( 41m 14s ) Bronte: Your teams were entered at 7pm on the 17th, which is before 5pm on the
18th.
( 41m 25s ) Ash: no, please listen
( 41m 34s ) Ash: The other three teams that I entered
( 41m 48s ) Bronte: Were entered at the same time, I can see this on our system Ash.
( 41m 57s ) Ash: no
( 42m 6s ) Ash: They were entered on the 18th
( 42m 16s ) Bronte: This is not the case Ash. I am sorry but I cannot help you further with this.
( 42m 38s ) Ash: Bronte, my other three teams were entered on the 18th
( 42m 45s ) Ash: Please check your records
( 43m 10s ) Bronte: Okay Ash, I cannot help you any further.
( 43m 21s ) Ash: Yes you can, you are now avoiding my question
( 43m 29s ) Ash: Please can you check your record
( 43m 34s ) Bronte: There is nothing further I can do.
( 43m 46s ) Ash: You will see they were entered on the 18th and scored points for games played.
( 44m 0s ) Bronte: There is nothing further I can do to add points to your teams. You will not get
any more points.
( 44m 0s ) Ash: One of these teams was entered after 5pm and scored points
( 44m 13s ) Bronte: There is nothing further that I can do.
( 44m 28s ) Ash: So what will happen with my complaint?
( 44m 41s ) Bronte: You will need to make a complaint to custserv@thesun.co.uk like I said
earlier.
( 44m 58s ) Ash: Ok, how long do they take to investigate?
( 45m 3s ) Bronte: 72 hours.
( 45m 16s ) Ash: ok, please can I have your surname
( 45m 36s ) Bronte: No Ash, I am the only Bronte in the office so you will not need my surname.
( 46m 50s ) Bronte: Thanks for chatting with me today. I'd love to hear your feedback. Please click
the "End this chat" button in the top right, to answer a few questions about your experience with
me today.
( 47m 14s ) Ash: Feedback, are you taking the .......
( 47m 33s ) Bronte: You don't need to fill it in if you don't want to. Bye Ash!
( 47m 37s ) Ash: right, off to write my complaint

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: Two teams down the pan. Can you believe this?

Post by Ashers »

Did anyone see anywhere where it said teams had to be entered before 5pm each match day?

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

my head hurts, I can't help you Ash.

goodbye

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Has it cost you a prize? :(

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

CBN wrote:Has it cost you a prize? :(
Not sure, but it means I am missing a Real Madrid block with Ronaldo.

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

She sounds nice

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Scandalous :!: :!:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Bad beat Ashers....

Wonder how many more have been caught out by this? (Some by the sounds of it may have entered after 5pm and got the points-be intresting if someone came forward confirming this)

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

"( 30m 58s ) Ash: Your making this up as you go along"

My personal favourite :D

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Surely this proves there was no 5pm cutoff:

ENTRY DEADLINES AND GAME CLOCK
As mentioned above to score the maximum possible points in the Game entries should to be in before the kick-off of the first matches on Tuesday 16 February. If you enter after the kick-off of the first Eligible Match of the Game your team will start to score from the next Eligible Match of the competition provided it has not kicked-off. The Promoter will use its own game clock to determine all deadlines in the Game.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Ashers wrote:Surely this proves there was no 5pm cutoff:

ENTRY DEADLINES AND GAME CLOCK
As mentioned above to score the maximum possible points in the Game entries should to be in before the kick-off of the first matches on Tuesday 16 February. If you enter after the kick-off of the first Eligible Match of the Game your team will start to score from the next Eligible Match of the competition provided it has not kicked-off. The Promoter will use its own game clock to determine all deadlines in the Game.

Unbelievable, both the fact that it has gone wrong and the ability of the helpline to even have a sensible conversation about it :!:

It looks to me as the deadline is 7.45 but some idiot has set the countdown clock incorrectly, and they are saying the clock overrides the other rules!
is this how others have read it?
Did anyone else on here enter a team between 5 and 7.45 on Wed?
How many points would you have scored.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

So Madrid played on the Wednesday didn't they?
And i don't think there were any tea time game that day any way (was there)?

Either way, the quote above doesn't say thats not possible.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

The complaints team have come back to me stating that teams need to be entered prior to kickoff to score points for that game. They have said that the time I entered my teams was after the Real Madrid game had kicked-off and that's why I didn't score points. They end the complaint, saying that I hope this clears up my confusion.

What the eff?

The Madrid game never kicked off until 19:45 and the team(s) were entered at 19:15.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

So that would make far more sense (deadline for entry was 7:45). So now your word against theirs as to when you entered?

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Ashers - Sun DT issue confirmation emails with the date/time of receipt. Do you still have those?

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

when I read 2 teams down the pan ash I thought you were on about man utd and spurs in the Europa after todays draw..lol

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

CBN wrote:So that would make far more sense (deadline for entry was 7:45). So now your word against theirs as to when you entered?
They are the ones telling me I entered at 19:15, but they are saying the cutoff was 17:00 for the Real Madrid game. :shock:

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

I had a similar conversation with Ahmet about my girlfriends teams. entered them at 5.40pmish last Thursday 18th feb, was 137th in leaderboard on 68 points the next day but wasn't on phase 1 leaderboard. Ahmet kept going on about 5pm cut off point :roll: I questioned why they even had a 5pm cut off point but to no avail. I then went to the T and C's to see if there was any mention of this 5pm deadline but I wasn't able to click on it (wonder if they were changing the T and C's, so didn't make them accessible).

i didn't protest too much as they were extra teams anyway but i feel for you though ashers as there's no way you should've had any points not added for the roma madrid match especially as madrid block plus Ronaldo mustve been about 53 points :roll: a lot of DT troubles could easily be avoided with clear rules such as "deadline for ANY team is the very first kick off of the first knock out game" ie 4pm before fenerbache vs locomotive, Tuesday 16th feb. that way there would be no debate/controversy. they always end with too many grey areas that confuse things

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Ashers wrote:
CBN wrote:So that would make far more sense (deadline for entry was 7:45). So now your word against theirs as to when you entered?
They are the ones telling me I entered at 19:15, but they are saying the cutoff was 17:00 for the Real Madrid game. :shock:
Ashers that's not what the complaints people told you according to your previous post:

They have said that the time I entered my teams was after the Real Madrid game had kicked-off and that's why I didn't score points

So dig out your confirmation emails you would have received when entering the teams, prove it was prior to 19:45 on the Wednesday and take it from there.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Hope it gets resolved Ashers.
I doubt it's any consolation but thats the best chat posted here :D

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

The 5pm deadline is a crock of shit. Never mentioned anywhere in the T & C's. I would have given up in disgust by now. You could always try mailing DW and include a copy of that chat.

I feel for you Ash, but I cannot help you further with this. I will pm you a custemer survey. Please feel free to fill it in or not.

pulpfiction
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in phase dream team europe, 3rd november manager of the month

Post by pulpfiction »

Taken from their terms and conditions.

As you can see below, there is an escalation process, which would take an eternity.

The whole thing is intended to wear you down.

4.1 CUSTOMER SERVICES AND INDEPENDENT DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If you have a complaint about the Game please:

- email us at dtgeneral@dreamteamfc.com;

- write to us at News Promotions Limited, Customer Liaison - Dream Team, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF providing details of your complaint and your contact information; or

- call the Dream Team helpdesk at 0207 022 6514*.

(*Calls charged at your network standard rate. Our lines are open from 8am-7pm Monday - Thursday, 8am-6pm Friday-Sunday.)

In each case providing the details of your complaint and your contact information. We will always do our very best to help resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.

If our customer services team cannot resolve your complaint within 14 days then your complaint will be escalated for review by the Product Manager - Sun Football. If the matter still cannot be resolved within a further 14 days then it will be referred to the NGN Marketing Director of The Sun. The NGN Marketing Director will provide his decision within a further 14 days. If you are still unhappy with the final decision then you may refer the dispute to IBAS, an independent third party adjudicator in accordance with the instructions below. If you wish to do so you must ask the Promoter for an IBAS reference number in order to refer your complaint to IBAS.

If we are not able to resolve your complaint (in accordance with the procedure above) then you may escalate your complaint for review by IBAS provided that you have obtained an IBAS customer reference number from us. You can contact IBAS using the contact information provided on their website at: http://www.ibas-uk.com/. IBAS only rules on complaints about betting and gaming transactions and do not rule on any complaints relating to service related problems or an existing Sun+ Membership. If you issue court proceedings regarding a dispute, then we reserve the right to stay those proceedings pending determination by IBAS.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

If I were you I would try again by replying to the recent response if that gets nowhere continue with the teams as normal, if you then would of won an overall prize with the Madrid points pursue the complaints procedue fully if not give up lifes to short :!:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

( 13m 38s ) Ash: Please can you confirm the exact time that I entered those two teams on the 17th
( 14m 55s ) Bronte: You entered No Team News at 19:15:19 and Madrid at 19:18:28.( 15m 26s ) Ash: Thanks, so both should score points for the Roma vs Real Madrid match

I've even pointed this out to them, straight from Bronte's chat.

stitchy
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF Week 34 Winner 2012/13 sky sports week 22winner2014 sky sports month 6 monthly winner 2014. Telegraph weekly winner wk35 2014-15.Mail weekly winner wk36 2014-15. Sky weekly winner 2014-15,

Post by stitchy »

I had a similar chat with live chat.

His name was Jose mourhino and every question I ask him , he kept saying " I have nothing to say"
I just cut him off cos wasn't getting nowhere with him. :roll:

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Have you had anything back from DW yet?

Can we expect some kind of 'banter' on the home page before Phase 2 stating "we have sacked the countdown clock guy because he was a total ar$e and you can now enter whatever time you like, even after kick off" :|

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Edmondson wrote:Have you had anything back from DW yet?

Can we expect some kind of 'banter' on the home page before Phase 2 stating "we have sacked the countdown clock guy because he was a total ar$e and you can now enter whatever time you like, even after kick off" :|
Nope, nothing.

Last update was that the technical team are reviewing this and have 7 days.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Ashers you were on live chat for 50 minutes. What a waste of time. That's 50 minutes of your life you'll never get back

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Look at the positives Dan FFS, that 50 mins of live chat usually costs him about £400. Granted perhaps a slightlier happy ending.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Edmondson wrote:Look at the positives Dan FFS, that 50 mins of live chat usually costs him about £400. Granted perhaps a slightlier happy ending.
I Lold!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”