To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

7.0m midfielders

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which?

Willian (Chelsea)
1%
Mirallas (Everton)
2%
Henderson (Liverpool)
44%
Milner (Liverpool)
28%
Nasri (Man City)
No votes
Herrera (Man United)
2%
Schweinsteiger (Man United)
3%
Wijnaldum (Newcastle)
4%
Tadic (Southampton)
5%
Chadli (Spurs)
4%
Lamela (Spurs)
1%
Ayew (Swansea)
5%

Total votes: 94

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: 7.0m midfielders

Post by Notned »

The Toon Man wrote:Or even easier Koscielny :arrow: Merte/Bellerin :wink:
Yes, there is always that option :lol:

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Post by Les_Gomiserables »

Accidentally pressed post before finishing the analysis

Hope this generates some discussion or people can make some counter points to make me re-think some things

Unlike some others after reading this thread I'm quite bullish on a number of the 7m mids.

Henderson - the most popular of the bunch and was surprised to see him so cheap. Thought he'd be 7.5.

Started 36 games last year and contributed 15 goals. Still not the most fashionable player but scoring 6 and setting up 9 is pretty impressive.

That being said,

Stoke (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Arsenal (A)
West Ham (H)
Man U (A)

Isn't a great start to the season. Might be one to look at bringing in after these fixtures when he gets a bit of an easier run. With that being said if he can score well in these games early those who start with him could have a leg up

Milner -

He's not for me, but 107 in 1700~ minutes last season I can see why he is for others. He's a much better player than he's given credit for and with more responsibility at Liverpool might go back to the heights of his 2009/10 season?

Biggest thing in his favour is that he is so versatile so even though the Reds miss are relatively stacked he should still get plenty of starts.

Schweinsteiger -

Probably the last on my list. Can see Van Gaal rotating his mids a lot and doesn't have the upside of a few of the others. Carrick, Schniederlin, Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, whilst all not the exact same type of players can all play central and I think he’s on the slide rather than on the up like a few of the others.

With that being said, despite his lack of starts and being on the wrong side of 30 he still contributed to 9 goals in 20 apps last season, albeit in a dominant Bayern.

Can understand why some might want to go with him, but he’s not for me.

Chadli -

He was a bit of a revelation last year wasn’t he? Kind of a player you think isn’t really that good until you watch him really closely and he’s making these dangerous runs and getting in really dangerous positions. Scored nearly all of his goals in the box last season and his total season score was pretty much exactly the same as Eriksen, despite this is 1.5 cheaper.

Dunno if it’s just me, but I’m still not convinced Chadli is that good but he is one of two or three of this bunch I’m seriously considering.

United away, Stoke home, Leicester away, Everton Home, Sunderland away, Palace home.

Other than GW1 that’s a pretty decent run.

Wijnaldum

Been nice to see some Newcastle ambition this transfer period hasn’t it? Ashley actually sticking to his word…who’d of thunk it.

Anyway despite my high ratings for this guy, don’t think you can pick him. Think they’ve got 5 of the top 7 in the first 8 GW this year and we’re still unsure we’re McClaren will play him, and whether McClaren will be able to turn around Newcastle either.

Herrera

Reckon this bloke is a real player and probably the biggest loser out of the SS signings by United. I’m hoping he still plays regularly because he looked like he was really hitting his straps toward the end of last season.

It’s a player that I’d like to start, but in all honesty, probably you couldn’t go with considering things mentioned when discussing Schweinsiger. ADM leaving does help him, somewhat – but not as much as those considering Mata (8.5).

Willian

One of Mou’s faves which is a plus, however a definite negative is that the prick never scores or assists.

Some other positives include that he rarely gets pooked and Chelsea keep a lot of clean sheets.

He’d be a pretty safe pick and I can’t imagine him turning into a 6/10 player or anything like that but if he should hold value through their relatively soft early draw when you could then move him off to someone else who is bolting?

Won’t be starting with him.

Mirallas

What happened to him last year? Why couldn’t he get minutes? When he played he still scored regularly and is very dangerous.

He’s almost the forgotten man of this bunch, and if he wasn’t in doubt for this week, I’d be seriously considering him. He scored really well in 2013/14, 144 points including 14 bonus points and averages over 4.5 points per game.

Bit of a risky pick especially with some doubt surrounding him which is why I think he is so unique at the moment, along with the fact at the amount of MUN/LIV players around him.

Watford home, Southampton away, Man City Home, Spurs Away, Chelsea Home ….gets pretty rough early for him.

Nasri

Once Sterling was singed, surely the line is put through Nasri? He doesn’t seem to play at the same intensity he once did AND/OR he just isn’t the same player.

Better options around I think, but he is well priced if you think he may be an option. I think Silva is worth the extra money (10.0) if you want a City mid.

Tadic

After about GW10 when this bloke had a goal and 4 assists and was causing all kinds of issues for defences in October last year, he was genuine contender for transfer of the year.

He then went on a period of from October – Late December where he didn’t score or assist. He then knocked in a couple of unforgettable ones against MUN and ARS straight afterwards.

He’s an interesting proposition. He started 24, and was a sub in 7 of the games he played and ended up with around 120 points. Decent return. Can he take the next step? Your guess is as good as mine.

Scored 1 of his 4 goals from a penalty and also had 8 assists.

Couldn’t begrudge anyone thinking he may go from 120-150 or so if he can be a bit more consistent. Everything in the papers have said that he’s had a solid pre-season and I could imagine him improving this season.

Definite candidate, especially considering their soft draw.

Eric Lamela

At times throughout 14/15 Lamela looked dynamic when working with Eriksen and despite being the butt of many jokes it seems 3 out of the fateful 7 look like becoming good players of the Bale money (Lamela, Eriksen , Chadli).

Call me crazy, but I think Lamela COILD be a bolter this year. Got over his injury problems, seemed to come to the expectations around him and continubted to 9 goals last season. Pottechino instilled confidence in him that others previously couldn’t as well

As I said, I think this could be Lamela’s break out year and at one very brief stage for a few seconds I did have him in, before quickly moving him out. Would need to improve dramatically to make him worth while but as I said (might move this bit to the “I called this thread”) I think he will go above 135 this year.

Andrew Ayew

Heeeeerrreee he is! The second coming of Jesus (odd impression for me to use considering I don’t belive in god but I think this guy is going to blitz this season.

I’m obviously fairly biased as per my username but this guy is one that I think I’ll end up starting with, Chadli or Tadic in this spot.

Plays with exceptional speed, finishes really well and our game style suits him to a tee.

28 Starts for 10 goals and 6 assists in 14/15. I was desperately hoping he’d be 6.5 but not to be. Swansea should (I hope) have another good season, we do keep plenty of clean sheets and we he is the type of player (Swansea bought them) that usually hits the ground running when they move to the PL.

He’s a big POD to the likes of Henderson and Chadli and a bit of a risk.

You guys don’t usually watch as much Swans games as I do – however it was becoming apparent that Monk was getting frustrated with the lack of clinical finishing of Dyer, Routledge and Montero and stats suggest Ayew is much better at this. Siggurdson who was a favourite of a lot last year is only 0.5 more and is tempting.

I think he could really do well this year .

My list in order of who I’m likely to start with if I go with a seven;

1. Chadli
2. Ayew
3. Tadic
4. Lamela
5. Henderson
6. Willian
7. Milner
8. Herrera
9. Winjadlum
10. Nasri
11. Schweingstiger

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Post by Impossible_United »

Les_Gomiserables wrote:
Chadli -

Scored nearly all of his goals in the box last season ...
Despite that great comments in my opinion. But for me Chadli shooting skills are poor. He lost some incredible goals last season, and that makes him a doubt for me. All times i bought him last season (twice) he was a headache. But still a game to wait and see.

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Impossible_United wrote:
Les_Gomiserables wrote:
Chadli -

Despite that great comments in my opinion. But for me Chadli shooting skills are poor. He lost some incredible goals last season, and that makes him a doubt for me. All times i bought him last season (twice) he was a headache. But still a game to wait and see.
Cheers for the reply. Thought maybe I went on and on a bit.

Yeah, by no means do I think he is a great shooter and just an average finisher but from what I saw of Spurs last year he found himself in good positions in the box which led to an easy goal.

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Les_Gomiserables wrote:
Impossible_United wrote:
Les_Gomiserables wrote:
Chadli -

Yeah, by no means do I think he is a great shooter and just an average finisher but from what I saw of Spurs last year he found himself in good positions in the box which led to an easy goal.
The main problem for me is that he is not a strong player, or a skilled one. He is average. He depends on good passing and a lil bit of defensive faillures to be able to score. He hardly makes his way by dribling or something like that. But by his price and his team if he is in the starting line up so sure a great pick for FPL

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Impossible_United wrote:
Les_Gomiserables wrote:
Impossible_United wrote:
Les_Gomiserables wrote:
Chadli -

The main problem for me is that he is not a strong player, or a skilled one. He is average. He depends on good passing and a lil bit of defensive faillures to be able to score. He hardly makes his way by dribling or something like that. But by his price and his team if he is in the starting line up so sure a great pick for FPL
Yeh agree and good points made, he certainly isn't a great player - it's always surprising when you see someone so average score so well.

With that being said, I think that 4th midfield spot will be rotated a bit between now and Saturday.

Might even end back up with my main man Gylfi.

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Since i'm planning in a more expensive midfielder with the 4 playing all the matches and one never to play i'm betting more in the 8-9 mids. But it's always good to check the 7 and 6 options to a downgrade to earn some money to bringing Aguero in the future.

Gylfi is also a player i'm waiting to see since he disappointed me in the late run last season after a brilliant and surprising start. If i pick some Swansea player will be him in the future.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I enjoyed reading the write up on Chadli, but I'm not convinced by him. His conversion rate last season was over 20%, and only 4 other players in the league topped it. Aguero's conversion rate was "only" 17% and I don't think that quality of opportunities would entirely explain Chadli's returns.

He'll surely get his "fair" sure of goals, but like someone you're probably familiar with in Ki, I just think his goal scoring form will regress to more normal levels. In fairness to FPL, he's been priced at a nice level and he doesn't have to do an awful lot to be good value, but I think I prefer the likes of Henderson/Milner (set piece takers) or Ayew/De Jong types.

Someone who could do really well in that Spurs midfield is the slightly overlooked Eriksen. I think he contributed to a ridicuous number of goal attempts last year without really getting the assists he would have deserved. He's priced about right at 8.5 though, with some severe competition.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Sorry for the move of thread, but I noticed this elsewhere:
SFC_Fan wrote:Tadic will start. He's free from injury and looks set to be a key player. Mane a better pick but also 1m more ofc.

Team looks good, personally I prefer a stronger XI with a weak bench but if you can nail the rotations that looks good.
So you think Tadic is nailed on SFC_Fan? My doubts about that were my big concern. If he does start every game I actually see him as being fantastic value at 7m with all his set pieces. Is he still first choice pen taker too? Pretty much every box ticked if so.

Interesting, very interesting...

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Mav3rick wrote:I enjoyed reading the write up on Chadli, but I'm not convinced by him. His conversion rate last season was over 20%, and only 4 other players in the league topped it. Aguero's conversion rate was "only" 17% and I don't think that quality of opportunities would entirely explain Chadli's returns.

He'll surely get his "fair" sure of goals, but like someone you're probably familiar with in Ki, I just think his goal scoring form will regress to more normal levels. In fairness to FPL, he's been priced at a nice level and he doesn't have to do an awful lot to be good value, but I think I prefer the likes of Henderson/Milner (set piece takers) or Ayew/De Jong types.

Someone who could do really well in that Spurs midfield is the slightly overlooked Eriksen. I think he contributed to a ridicuous number of goal attempts last year without really getting the assists he would have deserved. He's priced about right at 8.5 though, with some severe competition.
Only thing with Eriksen is gee he had a shocking run toward the end of last season, from memory anyway.

How's be been in the pre-season?

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

It is a bit of a minefield this price point. I'm going with Millers. My gut feeling is that he is going to have a very good season and could rival many of the 8.5 mids for points.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Les_Gomiserables wrote: How's be been in the pre-season?
Don't know really as haven't paid attention. Don't think he's done much to be honest and I think they play their last friendly this week against Real Madrid.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

RidleyMTB wrote:It is a bit of a minefield this price point. I'm going with Millers. My gut feeling is that he is going to have a very good season and could rival many of the 8.5 mids for points.
I agree, he was my initial gut instinct pick. I like the prospects of Ayew too, but Milner is probably a safer bet. It's most likely that I just transfer out one of my premium mids for the early bandwagon in this price range after GW1.

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

After that big write up I've ended up with none of them lol

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Les_Gomiserables wrote:After that big write up I've ended up with none of them lol
I think this is the way a lot of us have gone actually. The 7m price point certainly seems to have huge potential this time round but all of the picks currently appear to have slight question marks over whether they will be the real deal. I think this is why many are going with all 8.5-9m mids with a view to downgrading when it becomes obvious who the best one is. Or saving the money for now by going Ritchie/5.5m and ploughing the cash into some more sure-fire mid-to-expensive picks elsewhere to start the season with in the mean time. :D

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

Ia Henderson on penalties, free kicks and corners?

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Arseshavin wrote:Ia Henderson on penalties, free kicks and corners?
Everything points to that

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Ended up re-jigging a bit and have bought in Ayew.

Swansea mids do historically score quite well and despite us having a number of wingers I think Monk wasn't happy with the lack of goals Dyer, Routledge and Montero put in the back of the net last season. I think it was only seven.

Ayew is versatile so could play through the middle but think he's more likely to play on the left cutting in.

He scored 10 in 27 last season albeit in the French league but i think we all saw his quality in the WC just passed.

He's scored a goal in the pre--season and he probably lacks the threat to put up many assists however I think he's a good differential to Henderson so (for now) he's in!

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Impossible_United wrote:
Les_Gomiserables wrote:
Chadli -

Right on cue he scored a belter against Milan last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efTSmFpF5yg

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Calvin1979 wrote:
Impossible_United wrote:
Les_Gomiserables wrote:
Chadli -

Right on cue he scored a belter against Milan last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efTSmFpF5yg
Players are used to shut my mouth all the time :roll: :roll: :roll:

Glenjamin
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: average

Post by Glenjamin »

As usual I'm biased but I voted chadli very easily looking through that group.

11 goals and 6 assists speak for themselves in what was his break out season. What most probably havnt taken into consideration and don't know about is that his father passed away in January so his head would have well and truely been out of it for the remainder of the season.

Another thing is unlike Kane I don't believe Chadli will ever be marked out of a game as he isn't our focal point which will help him take up good positions.

Finally last night he played very well as a striker against AC Milan and scored a beautiful long ranger so he may have the 2nd striker role in his locker sales /acquisitions dependant. But regardless I expect him to play between the left wing and number 10 role and be one of our top players in terms of minutes played. He looks stronger, more athletic and has his head back in the game from the preseason matches I've seen. Gonna be a good season for him in my opinion.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

If you haven't enough room for Sakho up front, Payet could be a great buy for 7.5.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Think Milner will prove superb value.

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Glenjamin wrote:11 goals and 6 assists speak for themselves in what was his break out season. What most probably havnt taken into consideration and don't know about is that his father passed away in January so his head would have well and truely been out of it for the remainder of the season.
Didn't know about his father passing away. That may explain why he looked another player in the second half of the season.

Mike James
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,067th in FPL 2007-2008

Post by Mike James »

Henderson on penalties which gives him favour over others in that bracket for me, on top of looking much better for assists and ever improving.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I wan't Ayew to my team but it's hard to find good spot as I already have Tadic.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”