To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

6.5 midfielder

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Wich 6.5 midfielder

Bolaise
18%
Barkley
10%
Deulofeu
No votes
Navas
2%
Fellaini
2%
De Jong
4%
Cabella
No votes
Cabaye
27%
Lens
37%

Total votes: 49

Gagagogo
Treebeard

6.5 midfielder

Post by Gagagogo »

Who and why?

simonl87
Cheetah

Re: 6.5 midfielder

Post by simonl87 »

I would say Lens. I have never seen him play but by all accounts he is a creative player and Sunderland have nice fixtures. It's a bit of a punt but you can afford it at that price. There are some cheaper punts I like more though.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

simonl87 wrote:I would say Lens. I have never seen him play

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Post by Impossible_United »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
simonl87 wrote:I would say Lens. I have never seen him play
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Puncheon?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I would go Lens I think, if I had a 6.5m slot available. Obviously new to the league which does come with some element of risk, but he has the best fixtures of the bunch, and is probably the most nailed/ important to his team too.

Gagagogo
Treebeard

Post by Gagagogo »

Interesting that Bolasie us the most popular option, since he is my favourite to.

Cabaye is a good player, but isnt he to deep laying to be interesting in FPL with that price tag? Free kicks?

I havent even thought of Lens. Thx for the tip.

And also: no one woted for Deulefeu... Isnt he a player with potential to score and assist?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Gagagogo wrote:Interesting that Bolasie us the most popular option, since he is my favourite to.

Cabaye is a good player, but isnt he to deep laying to be interesting in FPL with that price tag? Free kicks?

I havent even thought of Lens. Thx for the tip.

And also: no one woted for Deulefeu... Isnt he a player with potential to score and assist?
Guess it depends on how many weeks you are looking at. Aside from any other issues (how advanced they will play-Cabaye, how nailed they are-Deulofue), for me Palace and Everton's opening run of fixtures are tough enough to render there better options elsewhere.

ROCKFISHDG
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL Results (06/07~9,044) (07/08~68,533) (08/09~14,557) (09/10~8,120) (10/11~9,875) (11/12~17,404) (12/13~41,149) (13/14~342,190)(14/15~223,908) (15/16~435,446) (16/17~105,445) (17/18~2266~34,029) (18/19~367,582) (19/20~64,137)

Post by ROCKFISHDG »

Is this your lowest priced mid? (who's likely to be benched most weeks) Or 2nd lowest? (who's likely to play often) If the former, I'd go lower to 4.5 (such as Wanyama) or 5.0 (Hoolihan). If the latter, I'd trim .5 somewhere else and go with a much better roster of choices at 7.0

6.5 choices look slim

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Notned wrote:I would go Lens I think, if I had a 6.5m slot available. Obviously new to the league which does come with some element of risk, but he has the best fixtures of the bunch, and is probably the most nailed/ important to his team too.
Wickham move to Palace could open more playing time for Lens

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MoSe wrote:
Notned wrote:I would go Lens I think, if I had a 6.5m slot available. Obviously new to the league which does come with some element of risk, but he has the best fixtures of the bunch, and is probably the most nailed/ important to his team too.
Wickham move to Palace could open more playing time for Lens
Lens was completely nailed regardless I would think. Guess it now opens up the possibility of him playing a bit more up top than wide left now and again, though.

Cappadonna
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cappadonna »

No love for Matt Ritchie? Could be this year's Charlie Adam...

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Cappadonna wrote:No love for Matt Ritchie? Could be this year's Charlie Adam...
Charlie Adam scored a looot of penalties with Blackpool. Ritchie doesn't seem to be the penalty taker. There are a lot of cases where promoted mids with lots of goals and assists turned to nothing when up to the PL. Ritchie is a wait and see for me.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Cappadonna wrote:No love for Matt Ritchie? Could be this year's Charlie Adam...
I think he could well be a very good option; good fixtures, goal scoring threat, bit of an assist king, monopolises set pieces, and central to most things they do in an attacking sense. When Bournemouth score, there is a very high chance he'll be involved somehow. As intimated above though, he is new to this level as are his team, so it could go either way.

FWIW, he is the fourth mid in my Aguero draft. If as expected Aguero misses the start though, I will bring in Rooney instead, freeing up 2.5m in funds. Would seem silly not to invest them into a more proven 8.5m option over Ritchie, before downgrading to whichever midfielder looks best at that price to fund Aguero when he's back. Every chance that could be Ritchie, and he'll certainly be one I'll be keeping a close eye on..

Gagagogo
Treebeard

Post by Gagagogo »

ROCKFISHDG wrote:Is this your lowest priced mid? (who's likely to be benched most weeks) Or 2nd lowest? (who's likely to play often) If the former, I'd go lower to 4.5 (such as Wanyama) or 5.0 (Hoolihan). If the latter, I'd trim .5 somewhere else and go with a much better roster of choices at 7.0

6.5 choices look slim
I will play Aguero but (probably) start with Diego Costa instead, and therefore i have 2.0 mill extra. When Aguero is back ill probably downgrade my 6.5 mill midfielder, if i pick one, to Wanyama or something.

I am a big fan of Bolasie and would really like to give it a try, but also want opinions on other options.

Will Lens play as a striker?

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Fwiw Everton are in talks with Spurs around Lennon returning, far from completed and tough going, if it happens it will be later in the window. Also trying to negotiate a deal for Jonny Evans again likely later in the window. Long way to go in both deals.

But if your looking at 2.5mill in the coming weeks keep an eye on that one.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'm going to pick Lens as I like a little gamble now and again

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

bigcliff2 wrote:I'm going to pick Lens as I like a little gamble now and again
Is there any particular reason why you're gambling on Lens specifically?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Mav3rick wrote:
Sunderland have the best opening fixtures.

Neil D
FISOhead

Post by Neil D »

Is Cabaye injured?

TOPCATDUSS
Treebeard

Post by TOPCATDUSS »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIzFybIlWcI

Lens - straight in my side after watching this.. the lad has a good eye for goal and def worth a punt!

Gagagogo
Treebeard

Post by Gagagogo »

Now Cabaye and Lens is the two most popular players in the poll.

I havent seen Lens played, ever. What kind of player is he, really? Is he a goal scorer or more of a creative that set up attacks? Hes pacey, right? And what is hes best position.

When it comes to Cabaye and CP...
If i was the manager i would play Cabaye in a playmaker role next to a ball winning midfielder. But CP has a lot of choices and maybe Cabaye will play further up the pitch, ahead of two def. midfielders and behind the striker? Like this:

Striker
Winger Cabaye winger
Jedinak McArthur

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Gagagogo wrote: Striker
Winger Cabaye winger
Jedinak McArthur
I think that's how they've set up in friendlies when I checked. Could do well in the hole and with his set pieces might end up a good little buy at some point in the season. The bad initial fixtures kindof give us time to wait and see though. :D

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Attacking player with a decent record, good fixtures, looks nailed on, low ownership

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Stemania wrote:
Gagagogo wrote: Striker
Winger Cabaye winger
Jedinak McArthur
I think that's how they've set up in friendlies when I checked. Could do well in the hole and with his set pieces might end up a good little buy at some point in the season. The bad initial fixtures kindof give us time to wait and see though. :D
When i checked he was playing deeper alongside McArthur with mutch/puncheon in the hole

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I suspect it will change depending on opposition. :D

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Thought Lens would go under the radar...been Sunderlands standout player in pre-season. Ashley Young is another pick if he gets game time, will be playing on the wing rather than LB

hornet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hornet »

Have Cabaye ATM but considering switching to Young. Don't know much about Lens and although Sunderland's opening fixtures are tasty I don't think Utd's are too bad either.

MUN SUN
TOT H LEI A
AVL A NOR H
NEW H SWA H
SWA A AVL A
LIV H TOT H
SOU A BOR A

Although now I have them alongside each other I do like the look of Sunderland's :roll: Mmmm I can see this position swapping a few times before deadline.

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

don't think you need to pay 6,5....Hoolahan 5.0. Mahrez 5.5 and Richie 6.0 all look good otherwise find an extra mill and go for Siggurdson at 7,5

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I agree with boise, though wouldn't go all the way to 7.5m.

I think I'd rather stretch to a 7m set piece merchant in this price range (Tadic, Henderson) or Milner, allowing for an easy downgrade when the best one in the 5.5m-7m range to become clearer.

Or if that's not possible, I'd rather trim down to Ritchie or the best 5.5m guy and plough the money into other attackers. :?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”