To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Post by gallus »

asm_fanz wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:They may have a much changed defence, doesn't mean they won't still be solid but i think i'll wait and see.
Yes and they have the qualifications for Europa League too, teams always lose energy in those early european rounds. I'll probably stay clear of Southampton defenders with my initial squad. They'll be expensive too and I will likely go for top 4 defender for the same price
They were the second best defence until around GW 34 this season so if he's 5.0 he's in my team.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

gallus wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:They may have a much changed defence, doesn't mean they won't still be solid but i think i'll wait and see.
Yes and they have the qualifications for Europa League too, teams always lose energy in those early european rounds. I'll probably stay clear of Southampton defenders with my initial squad. They'll be expensive too and I will likely go for top 4 defender for the same price
They were the second best defence until around GW 34 this season so if he's 5.0 he's in my team.
5.0 would be a bit of a bargain. I do think the Saints number 1 will cost more than that, it's just about the injury and how much that affects FPLs pricing of their potential number 2.

They priced Debuchy last season based on him moving to Arsenal so they do take into account other factors in pricing it seems.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Dimitri Payet from Marseille to West Ham. Most assists in the league last year (16, and 7 goals), depending on his price I reckon he's worth keeping an eye on

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

asm_fanz wrote:Dimitri Payet from Marseille to West Ham. Most assists in the league last year (16, and 7 goals), depending on his price I reckon he's worth keeping an eye on
They've a decent start too.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:Dimitri Payet from Marseille to West Ham. Most assists in the league last year (16, and 7 goals), depending on his price I reckon he's worth keeping an eye on
They've a decent start too.
Great player. Is it confirmed? Newcastle were linked with him for years...

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

It's done according to L'Equipe, he should have a medical tomorrow morning

Neil D
FISOhead

Post by Neil D »

C.Sativa wrote:
From4corners wrote:
Iksh wrote:Liverpool agree a deal in principle to sign Brazil and Hoffenheim forward Roberto Firmino for £29m.
He's class!! First name on my FPL team sheet. I hope he is classed as a midfielder, he only plays as a false 9 for Brazil.
He looks like a one season wonder so far;
Not so sure about that. His stats are great. In the last two seasons in all competitions:

Firmino has scored 23 goals and assisted 21 in 66 appearances, largely from an attacking midfield role.

Only Arjen Robben and Kevin de Bruyne gained a higher WhoScored average rating last season in whole Bundesliga (7.79)

He has averaged almost 3 shots per game in that time (Raheem Sterling averaged 2 in same time)

Average of 4.4 dribbles per game (Sterling averaged 2.9)

Averaged 2.6 tackles per game (Sterling averaged 1.2)

Average of 1 interception per game (Sterling averaged 0.6)

Never went more than four games without a goal or assist last season

Most successful tackles (81) and successful dribbles (139) than any attacking midfielder in Europe’s top five leagues last season

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Neil D wrote:
C.Sativa wrote:
From4corners wrote:
Iksh wrote:Liverpool agree a deal in principle to sign Brazil and Hoffenheim forward Roberto Firmino for £29m.
He's class!! First name on my FPL team sheet. I hope he is classed as a midfielder, he only plays as a false 9 for Brazil.
He looks like a one season wonder so far;
Not so sure about that. His stats are great. In the last two seasons in all competitions:

Firmino has scored 23 goals and assisted 21 in 66 appearances, largely from an attacking midfield role.

Only Arjen Robben and Kevin de Bruyne gained a higher WhoScored average rating last season in whole Bundesliga (7.79)

He has averaged almost 3 shots per game in that time (Raheem Sterling averaged 2 in same time)

Average of 4.4 dribbles per game (Sterling averaged 2.9)

Averaged 2.6 tackles per game (Sterling averaged 1.2)

Average of 1 interception per game (Sterling averaged 0.6)

Never went more than four games without a goal or assist last season

Most successful tackles (81) and successful dribbles (139) than any attacking midfielder in Europe’s top five leagues last season
OK, You mean he is not a one season wonder, 2 seasons wonder :wink:

I wonder What would be those stats if you take that one wonder season out ?

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

The question is about his consistency , giving a stats for last 2 seasons including his wonder season might not tell the whole story.

I'm not saying he is not a good player, I don't really know a lot about him , but still a risky CK as Murph says.

Nihkasilma
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: I'm rubbish at most, some would say I am driven by heart over head..

Post by Nihkasilma »

Deulofeu singed for Everton in 6 million Euro deal. Problem is Barca have built into this an "Any time buy back clause" & "First refusal"

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

Nihkasilma wrote:Deulofeu singed for Everton in 6 million Euro deal. Problem is Barca have built into this an "Any time buy back clause" & "First refusal"

I don't that see that as any kind of problem, as I don't think he'll ever being good enough for Barcelona. I think they're simply covering their arse with that deal.

Even if he did have an amazing, barnstorming spell at Everton, I doubt Barca would take him back this season, so from an FPL point of view it's irrelevant.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

If Barca ever did want him back there's not much Everton could do to keep him anyway, so hardly makes much difference from Everton's viewpoint.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

I can't quite get fully on board with the mass hysteria that's met his rumoured and now confirmed return. He frustrated the hell out of me last time he was here!

Still, he's got potential, PACE and judging by this stat, it's a step in the right direction:

"Deulofeu had 9 assists for Sevilla last year in 22 hours on the pitch. More than Mirallas, McGeady, Lennon and Naismith had in 120 combined."

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Any buy back would still have to fall within a transfer window.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Delefou could be an interesting option as a fourth mid if priced right, and looks to be nailed on. Expect Everton to be much improved this year without European distractions.

Similarly, Payet looks a great option on paper, but conversely I'm not overly keen on backing players who have a Europa campaign to contend with too. Although West Ham do have a strong start..

The Clyne move looks intriguing. Not so much for him himself, as I expect him to be priced highly and I'm not sure I trust a Rodgers defence, but it brings Soares onto the radar perhaps..

Nihkasilma
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: I'm rubbish at most, some would say I am driven by heart over head..

Post by Nihkasilma »

moonlightdribbler wrote:I can't quite get fully on board with the mass hysteria that's met his rumoured and now confirmed return. He frustrated the hell out of me last time he was here!

Still, he's got potential, PACE and judging by this stat, it's a step in the right direction:

"Deulofeu had 9 assists for Sevilla last year in 22 hours on the pitch. More than Mirallas, McGeady, Lennon and Naismith had in 120 combined."
The excitement is the type of player he is; he does have pace, he can take on a man, he is technical, skilful and "electric" he gets the crowd going, he is also very young and will undoubtedly improve & we get to watch this in the PL.

My opinion is he is a fantastic talent, whether I put him in my FPL team is another question but I am very excited about seeing him back.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I see Bournemouth have signed Sylvain Distin, i'm afraid he's well past it at this level.

Sad to see promoted teams having to shop for such players, his experience and premier league knowledge could be useful around the training ground, but unless he's firmly nailed to the bench, Bournemouth's defence could be a whole lot less of an attraction now despite their really kind run of early fixtures.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

liquidfootball2 wrote:I see Bournemouth have signed Sylvain Distin, i'm afraid he's well past it at this level.

Sad to see promoted teams having to shop for such players, his experience and premier league knowledge could be useful around the training ground, but unless he's firmly nailed to the bench, Bournemouth's defence could be a whole lot less of an attraction now despite their really kind run of early fixtures.
I think for anyone backing Bournemouth defence, or any of the promoted teams for that matter, you are best off looking at attacking potential. Clean sheets will undoubtedly be at a premium. From Bournemouth this probably means Mings or Francis as viable routes. Either one with someone like Yedlin (should he join Norwich) would work decently as a couple of cheapies I think.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I was really hoping set piece merchant Garbutt would go to Bournemouth on loan (which was rumoured) as he could have been ideal. Mings stops that in it's tracks though. :(

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Clyne to Liverpool. Confirmed signing. Any takers?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Shaqiri to Stoke?! That can't be right.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Clyne will surely be 6m, making him a bit of a non-entity imo. There will be cheaper alternatives in that Liverpool defence and at the start of the season price is key. :|
Tacalabala wrote:Shaqiri to Stoke?! That can't be right.
Seems legit as both BBC and Skysports are carrying the story that a fee has been agreed. Outrageously good signing for Stoke if it goes through, and likely their best fpl asset next season. Absolutely massive for them. :shock:

With Ayew, Payet and apparently now Shaqiri, mid table clubs have really been picking up some talent recently. I'd have snapped your hand off for any of them at Newcastle, who seemingly slip further behind...

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Shaqiri is an incredible signing if they can get him playing regularly as well as we know he can.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Stemania wrote:
Tacalabala wrote:Shaqiri to Stoke?! That can't be right.
Seems legit as both BBC and Skysports are carrying the story that a fee has been agreed. Outrageously good signing for Stoke if it goes through, and likely their best fpl asset next season. Absolutely massive for them. :shock:
it was reported by Gazzetta.it this afternoon too
they said €17m were ready for Inter, but the hardest part was to convince the player
(who despite having played less than he expected, repeated in last weeks he wanted to prove himself with Mancini....?)
Gazzetta mention Everton was interested too
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/01 ... 9563.shtml
he was honestly underwhelming while at Bayern and at Inter too

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Would you say he's a victim of rotation and needs to know he will play week-in week-out?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gooberman wrote:Clyne to Liverpool. Confirmed signing. Any takers?
Would rather have Koscielny for what I'm assuming will be similar money.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I think Clyne is likely to be too high a price to be attractive.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Confirmed Signings and their FPL Potential

Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:I see Bournemouth have signed Sylvain Distin, i'm afraid he's well past it at this level.

I think for anyone backing Bournemouth defence, or any of the promoted teams for that matter, you are best off looking at attacking potential. Clean sheets will undoubtedly be at a premium. From Bournemouth this probably means Mings or Francis as viable routes. Either one with someone like Yedlin (should he join Norwich) would work decently as a couple of cheapies I think.
I was thinking that the odd early Bournemouth cs a distinct possibility given the kind hand they'd been dealt by the fixture computer.

After Distin, perhaps not.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

liquidfootball2 wrote: I was thinking that the odd early Bournemouth cs a distinct possibility given the kind hand they'd been dealt by the fixture computer.

After Distin, perhaps not.

Don't overdo it. Forget his age, he's still quicker and stronger than most centre halves around. That coupled with his experience, the signing makes perfect sense.

Bournemouth may or may not be on the receiving end of a few trouncings this season, but it's nice that you've already put it at Distin's door before a ball has even been kicked.

This signing probably shouldn't influence anyone's mind either way, but I think he'll do a decent job for them.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

moonlightdribbler wrote:
Don't overdo it. Forget his age, he's still quicker and stronger than most centre halves around. That coupled with his experience, the signing makes perfect sense.

Bournemouth may or may not be on the receiving end of a few trouncings this season, but it's nice that you've already put it at Distin's door before a ball has even been kicked.

This signing probably shouldn't influence anyone's mind either way, but I think he'll do a decent job for them.
Agreed....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”