To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 31

A forum for news and comment on The Sun's Dream Team weekly games.
bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Week 31

Post by bloggie »

Anyone fancy their chances of winning this one?

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Re: Week 31

Post by Edmondson »

Yeah, Belgium block, Hazard and Roooooooooooney!!!!! 8-)

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Good to see the player lists have vanished.

Wonder if they add anyone who might score a hatrick.

Did anyone have the forsight to make a note of the lists of players for the week?

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Really getting pissed off with what you have to do to be credited with an own goal nowdays.

Wellbeck pathetic header was easily going to be stopped until the defender sent it in the opposite corner.

In my eyes clear own goal.

Kane's second goal last weeknd was not even on target before the defender sent it spiralling into the goal on the opposite corner and yet they giive Kane a hatrick :?

You gotta all but deliberately kick the ball into ur own goal to get credited with an OG nowdays.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Harry Kane at it again.

t.gridley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by t.gridley »

What happenned to the Amazon voucher, I rejoined sun plus and have not received it.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

They better not even think about giving Kane starman :twisted:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Winning team looks like it will have Zlatan.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

PREDICTABLE STARMEN IN THE BONUS WEEKLY.

Just how exactly does Xherdan Shaqiri get 9 points in tonights game against Estonia??

anyone??

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

no answers eh.

I'll tell you how he got 9 points.

The eff person doing the ratings just assumes that Xhaka (who scored and was booked) is Shaquiri. What a eff shambles AGAIN!

Shaquiri neither scored or was booked so 9 points is impossible.

they changed Mignolet's mark last week after about 12 hours the following day as the Paper mark and the internet mark differed.

didn't eff change Hazards mark the other week when he scored and had a blinder against WHU when I queried that.

no doubt they will cover their arses and up grade Shaquiri tomorrow with another point and give him MOTM as they have eff up once again infact its a weekly thing.
:twisted:

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

NO SHIT SHERLOCK

shaquiri has now been given an extra eff point.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

eff joke.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Never liked meaningless international football, like most of last nights mismatch games so rarely am i a viewer, but the snippets I saw from last nights game featuring Sterling, along with a comment on last nights game from my favourite Sun reporter (Charlie Wyett)about Sterlings performance, " Who scored his first senior goal and was so impressive"

I would feel aggrieved with his mark of 6/10, as someone else commented, I was half expecting them to give it to KANE.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

sleuth wrote:Never liked meaningless international football, like most of last nights mismatch games so rarely am i a viewer, but the snippets I saw from last nights game featuring Sterling, along with a comment on last nights game from my favourite Sun reporter (Charlie Wyett)about Sterlings performance, " Who scored his first senior goal and was so impressive"

I would feel aggrieved with his mark of 6/10, as someone else commented, I was half expecting them to give it to KANE.
Sleuth - Did you watch the game?

Sterling was great for around 15 minutes and did not stand out for the other 75 minutes.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

To be fair, a lot of journos I follow in Twitter said he was impressive.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Ashers wrote:
sleuth wrote:Never liked meaningless international football, like most of last nights mismatch games so rarely am i a viewer, but the snippets I saw from last nights game featuring Sterling, along with a comment on last nights game from my favourite Sun reporter (Charlie Wyett)about Sterlings performance, " Who scored his first senior goal and was so impressive"

Sterling was great for around 15 minutes and did not stand out for the other 75 minutes.

No I already said snippets. I saw what he did in setting up Kane for a open goal and for his mazy run resulting in a joke booking. Ain't even seen his goal, I am basing my comments on the Suns comments on his performance and their mark not reflecting the comments :?

As I said I would feel aggrieved ( because I never used any England players in my selections).

Being pedantic one could say if Sterling was great for around 15 mins and scored, he also beat several players on a mazy dribble to stick on a plate Kane's debut goal, what justification is there in giving Kane a higher mark?

Another poster who seems to have watched the game seems to have the same opinion as the Sun (but not the Ratings) on Sterlings performance.

mmikkeelee
Post subject: Re: Aguero or SterlingUnread postPosted: 28 Mar 2015, 07:13
Kevin and Perry

Keep sterling he had a great game last night for England.
Last edited by sleuth on 28 Mar 2015, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Examples:

@barneyronay: Raheem Sterling's first goal for England maybe more of a big deal if you take away the cartoon stuff. Looked brilliant last night. Still 20

@georgiebingham: Sterling should have had man of the match. Oh well. Night all.

@BassTunedToRed: Harry Kane blah blah... A goal, an assist and ten completed dribbles for Sterling so far tonight.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Not saying that he doesn't deserve a 7 and probably should have. He was impressive, but as Hoddle said, it wasn't until he scored that he came I to the game.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Sleuth said he was aggrieved with 6/10

You countered with him only playing well for 15mins

Now you're saying he did deserve 7/10 (thus, agreeing with Sleuth)?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

I was saying I can understand why The Sun only gave him a 6 as he was only in the match for part of the game. However, I can also see why people are saying he deserved a 7 as he was outstanding once he scored the goal.

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

I got a Spain block with the following front 6:

Hazard
De Bruyne
Anya
Dzeko
Naismith
Fletcher

I hope Dzeko gets a hatrick against Andorra tonight. De Bruyne is on fire for Wolfsburg so hopefully he'll play the same way for Belgium as he has 2 games, and Hazard is Hazard. In Scotland's midweek game I noticed Anya is very impressive and likes a shot at goal, I think he'll score against Gibraltar tomorrow. As for Naismith and Fletcher, I know Scotland aren't known for their goals but if I didn't put in the 2 strikers who are playing Gibraltar I'll never forgive myself.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Ashers wrote:

Ashers - come on? That post above in nowhere near "it could have been a 6 or 7 and gone either way".

I'd say a goal, a couple of decent runs, an assist is a 7. He may not have stood out for the other 75 mins, but wasn't kicking it off the end of the pitch, falling over his shoe laces either.

Welbeck got starman and thought him and Sterling were on a par, both 7's.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

grizzler wrote:I got a Spain block with the following front 6:

Hazard
De Bruyne
Anya
Dzeko
Naismith
Fletcher

I hope Dzeko gets a hatrick against Andorra tonight. De Bruyne is on fire for Wolfsburg so hopefully he'll play the same way for Belgium as he has 2 games, and Hazard is Hazard. In Scotland's midweek game I noticed Anya is very impressive and likes a shot at goal, I think he'll score against Gibraltar tomorrow. As for Naismith and Fletcher, I know Scotland aren't known for their goals but if I didn't put in the 2 strikers who are playing Gibraltar I'll never forgive myself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: exactly on my length you old codger.

AS OF 27/03/2015

POSITION

OF 8539

textList View

Courtois, T

Kompany, V

Vertonghen, J

Robertson, A

Alderweireld, T

Hazard, E

De Bruyne, K

Anya, I

Dzeko, E

Fletcher, S

Naismith, S

that's my first team with your front 6 for exactly the same reasons.( its not often you see a black player playing for Scotland and it sticks in my mind)

two other Belgium based ( 9 players although slightly different with Naismith and fletcher in one team each partnering Origi up front.

another 8 based Belgs with the two scots and origi up front.

and my last team I tried to change. I spent too much money having 6 belgs with siggy in midfield, Chiriches at the back and up front Naismith, Dzeko and Muller but it went over budget by 1.5 mio.

I was gonna chuck out Muller to accommodate Zlatan up front and get a cheaper defender but it was 7.44 pm now so just hastily stuck in Robertson for chiriches and left Muller in under budget.

I think I could of stuck Ibram in instead of Muller and kept Chiriches but as it was 1 min till close I didn't check to see if it fitted.

in saying all that shit Strachan will probably play Rhodes now instead of Fletcher + Naismith to start.

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

Holy shit Sleuth I have a team with exactly the same players except the goalkeeper. I put Begovic instead of Courtois, can't remember why.

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

I have similar teams. I like this one best. Scored 31pts last night from only 3 players. i'd expect fletcher/naismith to score well, then it's down to the 6 Belgiums with a possible 2 games. i'm on chadli rather than de bruyne due to budget. That could make the difference as I think De Buyne has more potential.

Courtois
Kompany
Vertonghen
Alderwierld
Skirtel - 4
Shaqiri - 10
Hazard
Chadli
ibrihimovic - 17
fletcher
naismith

I have the same team, except ramos 4pts, and dzeko instead of ibrihimovic. dzeko would need a hat trick to out score it though.

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Post by WNP »

I went Belgium heavy, so need a clean from them to have any chance of repeating week 12's success.

Best team so far is in 45 with the Belgian back line (plus Robertson), De Bruyne and Muller still to play.

Also have 2 teams on 23 points with only 2 players played.

Have 1 team with no players played yet but 8 Belgians.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Anybody have a decent team with Bale?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Ashers wrote:Anybody have a decent team with Bale?
Or Fellaini + Dzeko.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

so a block CS defence with Dzeko, Bale, Fellaini and Ibra would look pretty good right about now,

I'm not even close. Got a Dzeko, Hazard and Ibra with a bunch of clean sheets but a couple of players with low scores wont help

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Hazard and Fellaini subbed off.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

Huntelaar 0 points? His fault for scoring after the sun reporters had already given in their marks I suppose....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SDT weekly games”