To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fabregas hamstring injury scare

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Droughton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 11/12 - 292

Re: Fabregas hamstring injury scare

Post by Droughton »

Too many chefs spoil the broth

Hazard will score more goals than Cesc by the end of the season, thats pretty clear. I think I will be keeping Cesc for now and once we get past the winter fixtures and into the new year I will be thinking about bringing Hazard in - dependant on performances.

I can see the argument for doing it now, but for me I don't want to lose my price rise on Fab for the more expensive player when we are getting to a rotation friendly period in the season.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

I've been sufficiently convinced by CK's argument to transfer Hazard in for Fabregas.

CK you're in big trouble if Fab has a blinder this weekend :!:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Well worried, I knew this would be embarrassing if Fàbregas brings in a haul. :lol:

Equally I'm convinced that Hazard is more likely to score big, and it will be a bit more embarrassing for those that said Hazard's haul isn't coming when if scores double figures, again, as a few seemed to rubbish him.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

With Costa back to somewhat near fitness, I'd imagine it's good news for Fab owners as he has that target man to thread killer balls through.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

It's good for both of them, Hazard has a target for any crosses, someone to make space in the box, and a key ally in winning penalties. 8-)

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Hazard worries me this weekend. I hope the twinkle toed ponce gets sent off.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Hazard is coming... :wink:

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Archy wrote:I've been sufficiently convinced by CK's argument to transfer Hazard in for Fabregas.

Well Carlos, we've had 3 weeks since your stats and argument persuaded me to make this move and I think its fair to say you have been proven right.

Since then, we've had:

Fab 9, 3, 3
Hazard 11, 3, 9

That's an advantage of 8 points to Hazard over the period and frankly he's been unlucky not to be further ahead. Fab just 1 assist in 3 games to Hazard's 2 goals.

I take my hat off to you sir, stats perversion does seem to have won the day! :D

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

happy with the 9pts.have costa and cesc too. hazard didnt get a sniff of a goal or assist which is a worry though. seemed to be very deep and didnt get near the box much besides his lovely goal. happy to leave him in for the next few games regardless. hopefully with costa back he will get more space

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Archy wrote:
Archy wrote:I've been sufficiently convinced by CK's argument to transfer Hazard in for Fabregas.

Well Carlos, we've had 3 weeks since your stats and argument persuaded me to make this move and I think its fair to say you have been proven right.

Since then, we've had:

Fab 9, 3, 3
Hazard 11, 3, 9

That's an advantage of 8 points to Hazard over the period and frankly he's been unlucky not to be further ahead. Fab just 1 assist in 3 games to Hazard's 2 goals.

I take my hat off to you sir, stats perversion does seem to have won the day! :D
Thanks, seems to have paid off for you so far, and compliments for being open minded enough to change your mind and make the switch. It is interesting to see that Bertie and Gunnersaurus both now own Hazard, so they must have been reasonably impressed even before last game week. :lol:

Hopefully the switch will continue to pay off, though you could always take a 4 point hit back to Fàbregas if your not convinced yet, and you would have still made ground. :wink: :lol:

The question is, will Bertie and Gunner do the unthinkable and ditch Fàbregas? :shock:

I'm glad to see Courtois is doing a good job of outscoring Fàbregas recently for me too. :)

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Hazard is only in because Di Maria got injured and Walcott is not ready, he will be in my team for a few weeks and then will become one of those (or Silva/Di Maria) while Fabregas stays in my team.

He is very much a 'with' Fabregas not 'instead' and I'm only interested in catching these fixtures before hopping off.

Your stats had no baring on the matter, a 3rd Chelsea player was always sensible for this little run and injuries dictated it was him and not Ivanovic.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

When Fàbregas gets his fifth yellow, you'll be able to use that as the reason for selling him too. What a victim of injustice you will have been, inadvertently changing from Fàbregas to Hazard. :lol:

I hope you sell Hazard. :)

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

He will be benched same as Costa was, I have hung my hat on 6 players who won't be going anywhere.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Nice, I respect that. :)

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

My situation is slightly different to yours I guess, my only concern is Cittbits so those 6 are the players who I fear the most over the whole season (not just a spell here and there) so have got them locked in, everyone else is open to be moved in and out depending on form and fixtures.

Hazard falls into the Rooney/Silva bracket for me, there's a time and a place for him.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Me to, I'm gonna keep Costa Aguero Baines Sanchez Fabregas and Boyd all season, I will revolve the rest . Fabregas stays for me

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Any news on Fabregas? I just found out Chelsea won't have any press conference and I can't find any info on that

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

asm_fanz wrote:Any news on Fabregas? I just found out Chelsea won't have any press conference and I can't find any info on that
Almost certainly out - see capt thread

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Sorry asm i was thinking of Sanchez not Fab, not reading what's in front of me. :o

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Elsewhere, Cesc Fabregas is expected to be available for the top of the table clash, despite being forced off against Liverpool in midweek with a hamstring problem: he returned to light training on Thursday - ffs team news

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

He took part in light training yesterday with the rest of them so I'm guessing he will play, he only went off as a precaution, now Costa is out I'm sure Mourhino will look to make sure they don't lose first and play Mikel (if fit) or Ramires next to Matic for security, I got a feeling Fabregas will play in the hole now and be more of a goalscoring threat with Costa out and Drogba/Remy half the players on current form.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Hmm cheers guys... I was kinda hoping he'd be out so it would be a good reason to bring in Oscar instead of him, but as gunnersaurus says I expect Fabregas to play in the hole against City if he's fit

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Hi Douglas, welcome to the forum. Why not add a link to your FPL team...

:D

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

BobMem wrote:Hi Douglas, welcome to the forum. Why not add a link to your FPL team...

:D
It's linked.

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

GunnerHans is FISO King. :mrgreen:

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Straight out for Sterling before tonight's price drop, unless Maureen has something super positive to say after the match.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:Straight out for Sterling before tonight's price drop, unless Maureen has something super positive to say after the match.
Sterling is looking very good, but I would be a bit reluctant due to some tricky looking fixtures. Unless it is part of a bigger picture, to avoid having a full Chelsea contingent going into their blank gameweek.

Saying that, some tough choices in that price bracket, especially with Eriksen (also on fire) playing Arsenal next (and having a blank week soon), and likewise Cazorla who I am not convinced will continue in the same vein in any case.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Reminder to a few posters, this is the FPL forum, this thread is about Fabregas, please keep on topic.

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ruudy »

Man this week was a real bummer.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Anyone got any updated info on Fabregas' injury and the likelihood of him coming back into the Chelsea side?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”