To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Defensive gems?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Re: Defensive gems?

Post by asm_fanz »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:I missed MOTD last night but heard Yun nearly scored, is that correct?
That's correct

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

Have a bit of a conundrum this week as I'm trying to figure out the best defender to transfer out. I have Chambers (suspended for a game, returns away to liverpool, had a crap game against Stoke/Crouch, playing time under threat), Duff (injured?, lost his spot for the time being), STaylor (suspended, just recovered from small injury, in the rotation). I don't plan on making another defensive transfer prior to GW19 as I want to see who gets rested GW18.

If healthy, I'd expect all three to get starts over the holiday period but I need to bring in somebody that can be counted on for starts for the 3rd defender spot.

I currently favor shipping out Duff and waiting for more info on Chambers's role with Koscielny and DeBuchey back in the fold. Arsenal have good fixtures and he's as likely to be rotated in as Duff. A bench of Chambers/STaylor > STaylor/Duff I think.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

There is no coincidence that Newcastle win games when the mighty Steven Taylor starts.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Detroit City FC wrote:Have a bit of a conundrum this week as I'm trying to figure out the best defender to transfer out. I have Chambers (suspended for a game, returns away to liverpool, had a crap game against Stoke/Crouch, playing time under threat), Duff (injured?, lost his spot for the time being), STaylor (suspended, just recovered from small injury, in the rotation). I don't plan on making another defensive transfer prior to GW19 as I want to see who gets rested GW18.

If healthy, I'd expect all three to get starts over the holiday period but I need to bring in somebody that can be counted on for starts for the 3rd defender spot.

I currently favor shipping out Duff and waiting for more info on Chambers's role with Koscielny and DeBuchey back in the fold. Arsenal have good fixtures and he's as likely to be rotated in as Duff. A bench of Chambers/STaylor > STaylor/Duff I think.
For me, Chambers is the one I am looking to move on. A bit hypocritical as I have been fighting his corner for a while now and still think he should get starts, but just feel with the money freed up by Aguero I can do better and avoid the questions.

In your case though I would probably hold and wait and see what happens, and instead focus on Duff. I shipped him out for Hutton last week (worked well, as it happens!) and that would probably be my priority defensively now had I not already done it..

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

^^ What he said. That transfer can come later though.

JPearce
Kevin and Perry

Post by JPearce »

Anyone know how long Duff is out?

Also, how likely is Moore to start this weekend?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

JPearce wrote:Anyone know how long Duff is out?

Not sure about Duff but Moore played because Morgan was suspended. Konchesky is now suspended so he might keep his place.

bentapp
FISOhead

Post by bentapp »

Mo Bot wrote:

Not sure about Duff but Moore played because Morgan was suspended. Konchesky is now suspended so he might keep his place.
Can Moore play FB then? Wasilewski has taken his place as Morgan's CB partner, so I'd have thought a reserve FB would fill in for Konchesky, but I'm not a Leicester expert. I had Moore but got rid ages ago.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

If Duff even first choice now? I'm assuming Keane was always going to replace him at some point?

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

bentapp wrote:
Mo Bot wrote:

Can Moore play FB then? Wasilewski has taken his place as Morgan's CB partner, so I'd have thought a reserve FB would fill in for Konchesky, but I'm not a Leicester expert. I had Moore but got rid ages ago.
Konchesky has had his red recinded so is available to play = not that you ould really want a Foxes defender at Man City?

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Has Fabianski's been rescinded yet...?

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

TheTon wrote:Has Fabianski's been rescinded yet...?
Nope, no news yet on whether his appeal has been successful

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Appeal was unsuccessful.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

SuperGrover wrote:Appeal was unsuccessful.
Thanks SG.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

TheTon wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:Appeal was unsuccessful.
Thanks SG.
Yes, thanks SG.

Berregol
Kevin and Perry

Post by Berregol »

I'm on wildcard and have Clichy in my team to try to make a profit. The more I think about it, the more I want him to stay in my team. With City's ridiculous fixtures, is it crazy to let him stay, knowing that he will be benched a game or two?

Given that Kolarov is just back from injury, how many of City's next five games do you think Clichy will start?

Clichy & Azpilicueta or Baines & Yun?

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Berregol wrote:I'm on wildcard and have Clichy in my team to try to make a profit. The more I think about it, the more I want him to stay in my team. With City's ridiculous fixtures, is it crazy to let him stay, knowing that he will be benched a game or two?

Given that Kolarov is just back from injury, how many of City's next five games do you think Clichy will start?

Clichy & Azpilicueta or Baines & Yun?
Clichy and Kolorov were rotating every other week so it would be risky. For that reason alone I would go with Baines and Yun.

Maradona_Is_God
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Maradona_Is_God »

Now that he's back from injury, is Phil Jones is a good shout at 5.2? Man United looking fairly decent now with 6 wins on the trot, don't think he's a rotation risk either.

sir_skillalot
Treebeard

Post by sir_skillalot »

Still wouldn't touch United's defence with a barge pole. Still looking far from solid, it's no secret that De Gea has spared their blushes a few times this season

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Ivanovic is a jem ;)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

bulgarche wrote:Ivanovic is a jem ;)
Ivanović is Jem? :?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

No that's Karacan.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Anyone tempted by a spurs to rotate with Hutton and wisdom? Davies at 4.4 seems to be preferred to rose

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

DanCaek wrote:Anyone tempted by a spurs to rotate with Hutton and wisdom? Davies at 4.4 seems to be preferred to rose
For exactly how long though? Poccettino is fond of rotation and I wouldn't go near.

MurfDawg
Kevin and Perry

Post by MurfDawg »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
DanCaek wrote:Anyone tempted by a spurs to rotate with Hutton and wisdom? Davies at 4.4 seems to be preferred to rose
For exactly how long though? Poccettino is fond of rotation and I wouldn't go near.
He isn't really fond of rotating, Rose is now out of favour and Davies the preferred option. I certainly wouldn't let the risk of rotation put anyone off Davies, definitely not comparable to City back line rotation. Spurs still have to prove a bit more before they are 'solid' at the back but they look like they are progressing with a more settled team especially with Kaboul no longer playing in CB.

4.4 for Davies could be a steal.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Think a slight upgrade of my defence will be next on the agenda for next weeks transfer. Actually considered Jones myself, but still not sold on United's defence. Can't help but think Debuchy is probably a safer choice at a similar price...

Davies is also a viable option, leaving more funds in the bank.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Chester could be a good option again, just look at those fixtures.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

gallus wrote:Chester could be a good option again, just look at those fixtures.
Until they play 4-4-2 with Dawson / Davies as the CB pairing....

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

TheTon wrote:
gallus wrote:Chester could be a good option again, just look at those fixtures.
Until they play 4-4-2 with Dawson / Davies as the CB pairing....
Dawson is out until January.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I hadn't thought of Chester and didn't realise Dawson was injured. Unless anyone can shed some light on davies security, Chester is looking the better option.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”