To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

PVA POLL

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.

Best option

Poll ended at 23 Nov 2014, 21:23

PVA - Dummett
25%
Lovren and PVA - Cresswell and Kaboul
No votes
Lovren and PVA - Janmaat and N Taylor
63%
Lovren and PVA - Janmatt and Trippier
13%

Total votes: 8

cnkp21
FISOhead

PVA POLL

Post by cnkp21 »

Guys, I apologise for going on about replacing PVA, however I haven't got a clue what to do this weekend.

I have set up a poll above of the options I am thinking.

I am unsure whether to downgrade Lovren and use two transfers or to just use one on another cheap defender.

Your assistance will be appreciated and if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Re: PVA POLL

Post by jonwebb76 »

Mate i got exactly the same problem as you with 0.2m in the bank. I am totally lost what to do lol

cnkp21
FISOhead

Post by cnkp21 »

At 2.4 your only options are N Taylor or Trippier but you have Fabs so you probably don't want 2 Swansea defenders.

How many transfers do you have, because I'm temped to ditch Lovren to free up funds and it may be worth you doing the same.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

cnkp21 wrote:At 2.4 your only options are N Taylor or Trippier
Bit restrictive - you also have Dummett or Dawson who have scored well up until now and are within budget. Check Bram's site for other defenders options

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

I have 24 transfers left. What about this getting rid of Lovren aswell which would give me 5.7m for 2 defenders?

Currently i have Fabianski, Lovren, PVA, Bertrand

Sitting on 559 points so doing quite good i think. Just want to make sure i win my league. I'm 46 ahead but i don't want to be making mistakes now after getting a good lead.

Thanks cnkp21 & Morgan in advance

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

jonwebb76 wrote:I have 24 transfers left. What about this getting rid of Lovren aswell which would give me 5.7m for 2 defenders?

Currently i have Fabianski, Lovren, PVA, Bertrand

Sitting on 559 points so doing quite good i think. Just want to make sure i win my league. I'm 46 ahead but i don't want to be making mistakes now after getting a good lead.

Thanks cnkp21 & Morgan in advance
You can get Taylor and that is what I would do (and have done). Lovren is obviously a tinker you may wish to consider separately. The only bonus of doing 2 transfers together is if you would get 2 for 5.7 that are both over 2.4. If I was in that position I'd probably still get Taylor - so the deals should/would be weighed up separately.

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

Cheers Murf i do like Swansea but just can't put myself to do 2 Swansea in my backline with some tough fixtures coming up, having said that they have nice ones too. This is proving a nightmare to sort out lol. Anymore suggestions lads?

cnkp21
FISOhead

Post by cnkp21 »

I'm now thinking of just replacing PVA with Hutton. He is back from injury and Villa's upcoming games look quite good.
Its either that or Lovren and PVA to Janmaat and N Taylor. Still unsure.

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 317th all time career high TFF finish

Post by T-boy »

I don't understand why some are a bit reluctant to have 2 Swansea defenders - they have shipped the second lowest number of goals (11), and after this weekend they actually have a fairly nice run of fixtures.

Taylor is the most obvious choice IMO.

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

I'd be happy with 2 or 3 from 29th Nov :lol:

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

I think that's just me fullstop not wanting 2 from the team. Would anyone wait till after the weekend ( after city ) to do it.

Or really City have to score 3 and that will break even with appearnce 2 point.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Jon

A defensive transfer should be for life ( Well the Season ) not just
for Christmas.

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

Lol brilliant Wanda - as always from you fella ;)

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

jonwebb76 wrote:I think that's just me fullstop not wanting 2 from the team. Would anyone wait till after the weekend ( after city ) to do it.

Or really City have to score 3 and that will break even with appearnce 2 point.
Where I still have him Taylor is coming in but whether to do it after today is the decision for me.

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

Has anyone made up the mind yet what to do?

Just done Taylor. Fingers crossed goes well ;)

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

Getting rid of Lovren for Clyne 2 weks ago was the best tactical decision I have made all season so ditching him at the same time as PVA is a no brainer in my eyes.

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

Still got PVA in my Egg team and think N Taylor for 1 transfer is the best option, but bringing in today could bring minus points.

Pretty sure he won't get a cleanie today, but who knows he may get an assist, arghh decisions :?

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

Muldoon i was thinking that but what you got to realise is if they get beat 3-0 u still up with 0 points anyway.

Man City been poor of late so i thought might aswell do it.

jimborogers
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimborogers »

After seeing liverpool today id defo take out lovren and pva. Taylor and jaanmaaaaat seem the best choice.

cnkp21
FISOhead

Post by cnkp21 »

Cheers guys. I can't see Liverpool ever keeping a clean so went Janmaat and Taylor as recommended.

Thanks for the advice.

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

I've still got Lovren but of course it's time to take out now.

Have I missed the boat with Janmaat after Saturday?

I could take out lovren for clyne

It would mean by goalkeeper and 3 defenders would consist of 2 Swansea and 2 Southampton. Thoughts anyone?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

If they are the best 2 baskets for carrying eggs.....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

murf wrote:If they are the best 2 baskets for carrying eggs.....
PS Liverpool play at least a day before Southampton on each of the next 3 weekends and, also Southampton have rotten fixtures.

Doing it tonight gets you away to Villa (Saint) as opposed to home to Stoke (Lovren). Man City, Arsenal, Man U are the next 3 for Saints. Stoke, Leicester, Sunderland for Liverpool. Form v fixtures. Not exactly clear cut is it....

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

murf wrote:
PS Liverpool play at least a day before Southampton on each of the next 3 weekends and, also Southampton have rotten fixtures.

Doing it tonight gets you away to Villa (Saint) as opposed to home to Stoke (Lovren). Man City, Arsenal, Man U are the next 3 for Saints. Stoke, Leicester, Sunderland for Liverpool. Form v fixtures. Not exactly clear cut is it....
Pretty clear to me. :wink:

Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010

Post by Eddie Elbows »

happyhoppy wrote:
murf wrote:

Pretty clear to me. :wink:
I concur with Hoppy. Lovren was so bad against Palace it wouldn't surprise me if he got dropped. Fortunately I 'got that man right out of my hair' many moons ago.

phils69
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF 5th placed overall 2009/10. Fiso Super League Winner 2009/10. Otherwise pretty average!

Post by phils69 »

It's times like this, you wish you could play a 2-5-3 or even a 2-4-4! Spare cash and Lovren in my one team makes this very possible! Some Premier League teams look like they are playing with only 2 at the back anyway.

A Goalkeeper and any 10 outfield players would make life interesting! Yes I know it isn't going to happen but if it did, you would probably have to keep two defenders but might not go for 3?

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

Still cant decide lads any last minute help out there please :)

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Saints likely to keep a clean sheet tonight (worst attack v best defence I think) but after that could be a rocky road. I'm happy with having one Southampton defender, but not sure I want 2 at the moment..not sure that helps. Good luck whatever you decide...!

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr nd Clyne scores and i didnt bring him in for Lovren, what a silly man i am sometimes lol

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

jonwebb76 wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrrrr nd Clyne scores and i didnt bring him in for Lovren, what a silly man i am sometimes lol
Conceded. Booked. Rubbish.

And an alleged target for Liverpool!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”