To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chadli vs Eriksen

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Chadli vs Eriksen

Poll ended at 25 Oct 2014, 10:46

Chadli
41%
Eriksen
59%

Total votes: 32

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Chadli vs Eriksen

Post by KingCabbage »

I'm deciding who to bring in between these 2 and I think it's pretty close.

Value + Form = Chadli just about wins, but they're almost neck and neck.
However, if getting Chadli means money in the bank isn't doing a great deal, I think Eriksen wins.

But, if we're going off how they've both played so far this season, added to their current price, I think Chadli wins.

So a question on my mind: Do we think Chadli will continue how well he's played so far this season, for the next 10 GWs or so? If we think he's started well but is unlikely to continue this well, but Eriksen is, then I'd prefer Eriksen. But if we think there's no reason why Chadli can't continue his season form, then I think Chadli is the better transfer and spend the money saved somewhere else.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Re: Chadli vs Eriksen

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Eriksen.

The guy is a genius from dead ball situations as well as finding himself in great attacking positions this year.

He'll be in for Siggy for me if I can find the funds.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I'm considering both, I see Rodgers played Sterling 90 mins last night, despite the game being lost. It wouldn't surprise me if he was rested at the weekend. In which case I would be looking to move Sterling on for Eriksen or Tadic before the weekend. Chadli and Barkley are in my sights as a replacement for Siggy after Leicester. (obviously wouldn't want two Spurs though!)

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

liquidfootball2 wrote:I'm considering both, I see Rodgers played Sterling 90 mins last night, despite the game being lost. It wouldn't surprise me if he was rested at the weekend. In which case I would be looking to move Sterling on for Eriksen or Tadic before the weekend. Chadli and Barkley are in my sights as a replacement for Siggy after Leicester. (obviously wouldn't want two Spurs though!)
But that would mean playing Balo again and not having Sterling or Sturridge upfront. I'd be surprised if he dropped Sterling before Sturridge returns.

If ADM looks to be ok for the weekend, then he's staying. I think him and Fabregas are the best 2 midfielders for the foreseeable. Which like you say only leaves room for either Siggy or Sterling to leave.

I think it comes down to what you're going to do with the money saved on getting Chadli. If it's not needed, then Eriksen is the best to bring in. But if that stops making another positive move, Chadli could be the better option.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Confident ADM will be fine for the weekend. Called it at the time as just a dead leg from a knee to the thigh. Impact injury which will have been treated all week, he will play.

I'd argue that Hazard will soon become a must have midfielder.

Eriksen's set pieces will soon put him well above Chadli in terms of FPL points, it's just finding those extra funds from somewhere to do it.

I posted elsewhere that downgrading Bertrand/Clyne to a cheapie when Saints have a tougher run of fixtures could be an option.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I disagree , I think Hazard is the best looking FPL pick looking forward, he's looking razor again and has low ownership

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Billy Bongo wrote:I disagree , I think Hazard is the best looking FPL pick looking forward, he's looking razor again and has low ownership
+ 1st choice penalty taker as confirmed by Mourinho's disgust at Drogba stepping up on Tuesday.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

KingCabbage wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:I'm considering both, I see Rodgers played Sterling 90 mins last night, despite the game being lost. It wouldn't surprise me if he was rested at the weekend. In which case I would be looking to move Sterling on for Eriksen or Tadic before the weekend. Chadli and Barkley are in my sights as a replacement for Siggy after Leicester. (obviously wouldn't want two Spurs though!)
But that would mean playing Balo again and not having Sterling or Sturridge upfront. I'd be surprised if he dropped Sterling before Sturridge returns.

If ADM looks to be ok for the weekend, then he's staying. I think him and Fabregas are the best 2 midfielders for the foreseeable. Which like you say only leaves room for either Siggy or Sterling to leave.

I think it comes down to what you're going to do with the money saved on getting Chadli. If it's not needed, then Eriksen is the best to bring in. But if that stops making another positive move, Chadli could be the better option.
I will probably wait until the Friday pressers but surely he must consider other options like Lambert? I'm no expert and will be seeking advice from LFC fans, there does seem to be a sense that Balo's days are numbered at Anfield. I can't fathom Rodgers' ideas on when or if to rotate or rest him, complete mystery to me as to which games he chooses.

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

The Toon Man wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:I disagree , I think Hazard is the best looking FPL pick looking forward, he's looking razor again and has low ownership
+ 1st choice penalty taker as confirmed by Mourinho's disgust at Drogba stepping up on Tuesday.
Hazard is a good option, but I don't think it's worth a Fabregas to Hazard move. Both, however, could be good, but then you'd likely have to get rid of ADM. ADM does have CHE city CRY arsenal in his next 4 though, so perhaps there is mileage in that move. I'm also liking the look of Oscar.

But let's get back on topic.
Last edited by KingCabbage on 23 Oct 2014, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Eriksen for sure.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I voted Chadli (I've brought him in this week) to fund a defensive upgrade to Baines.

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

I'm looking to bring in Eriksen when Siggy exits

Better all round player in my opinion with better potential

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

mitchyg1980 wrote:I'm looking to bring in Eriksen when Siggy exits

Agreed.

Siggy to Eriksen when Swansea's fixtures really turn would be my ideal move. Funding it is the problem.

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

When does Siggy exit though? GW13/14 he has HUL STK - GW17 onwards he has overall great fixtures.
I don't think there is a clear time to take him out.

Meanwhile Spurs have good fixtures from this weekend onwards until around GW19.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

KingCabbage wrote:

When does Siggy exit though? GW13/14 he has HUL STK - GW17 onwards he has overall great fixtures.

After Leicester, Swansea and Siggy has eve, ARS, city then easier with CPL QPR whu SPURS, after Leicester is best and get him back preferably before Palace or asap after the city game. I certainly don't think it's essential to transfer him out though as he's capable of getting the points in any of the games listed.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lamela melting Twitter

https://vine.co/v/OheFEtMTeB9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

Billy Bongo wrote:Lamela melting Twitter

https://vine.co/v/OheFEtMTeB9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:D :D Yeah I saw that. Nice goal.

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
KingCabbage wrote:

After Leicester, Swansea and Siggy has eve, ARS, city then easier with CPL QPR whu SPURS, after Leicester is best and get him back preferably before Palace or asap after the city game. I certainly don't think it's essential to transfer him out though as he's capable of getting the points in any of the games listed.
I'm personally earmarking his exit after the Leicester game as with Baines in defence i'm throwing my eggs in an Everton basket for that game

Lamela got a class goal tonight but surely Kane must be featuring prominently in Poch's eyes after bagging a hatrick. Soldado looks like a washed-out has-been and its 30/70 at best whether Adebayor turns up or not in a game. If Kane picks up regular game time then I'd probably look to bring him into my Berahino slot and upgrade Eriksen to a bigger price mid (but thats speculation of course)

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

mitchyg1980 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
KingCabbage wrote:

I'm personally earmarking his exit after the Leicester game as with Baines in defence i'm throwing my eggs in an Everton basket for that game

Lamela got a class goal tonight but surely Kane must be featuring prominently in Poch's eyes after bagging a hatrick. Soldado looks like a washed-out has-been and its 30/70 at best whether Adebayor turns up or not in a game. If Kane picks up regular game time then I'd probably look to bring him into my Berahino slot and upgrade Eriksen to a bigger price mid (but thats speculation of course)
Could gamble on Kane this GW

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Just transferred Erkisen in for Sterling.

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

Already happy with the team and moves this week (already incurred -4), plus although I think Kane deserves the game time I'm not gambling on it happening before it actually happens 8-)

RichardVHarris
Treebeard
FS Record: 2 Time TubbZ Invitational Winner

Post by RichardVHarris »

I'm a big fan of Eriksen but the only thing about him that's disappointed me is a lack of assists so far this season. Zero so far, but he has scored 3. But I'd say go for him.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

tommygun25 wrote:
mitchyg1980 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
KingCabbage wrote:

Could gamble on Kane this GW
That's interesting but what does it have to do with the thread which is about Eriksen and Chadli?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

@Squawka: Christian Eriksen has created 20 chances in the Premier League this season without registering an assist. http://t.co/MEvkLnRpMI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ie he can't pass properly

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lol

Bluefeever
Kevin and Perry

Post by Bluefeever »

He scored today. Played 90 minutes. It's been a while though

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I brought Chadli in for Eriksen in this week (have the money still to spare for next week's transfers) and so am very annoyed with Eriksen's great haul and Chadli's unfortunately timed injury.

I brought him in a month ago but wrote him off as a bad lot after getting subbed at half time in successive games (anyone know why that was? seemed to be tactical? Spurs comeback against Villa was totally without him. Could that keep happening?). Collected 1 point from those 2 games and missed 13 today.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

It's fair to say the two games today won't have much impact in the top 100k league tables

sirmomo
Treebeard

Post by sirmomo »

Who's on penatlies for Spurs with Soldado and Ade off the pitch? Might it be Eriksen?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”