To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 18th, 19th and 20th October

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Re: TFF chit chat 18th, 19th and 20th October

Post by Canaryfan »

Scores updated.

Hazard now has 5 points this week.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

5th, and outright first in the Starting XI :)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Canaryfan wrote:Scores updated.

Hazard now has 5 points this week.
Indeed they are and he has.

Enough to make the difference between me dropping and rising over the week (43rd to 41st) - shame I'm burning transfers. Would be chuffed if this was a normal team...

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

Latic wrote:5th, and outright first in the Starting XI :)
Nice one mate

dunx
Red & Blue Braces

Post by dunx »

sted wrote:
Nice one mate
2350 and your not in bed Sted,late for you :D

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

We already have the evidence that he went to bed, so presumably he stopped off at his computer on his way back to bed from having a piss.

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

dunx wrote:
sted wrote:
Nice one mate
2350 and your not in bed Sted,late for you :D
On-Call

I have an agreement with TFF towers that I supply my rotas and they update regardless on those dates

jb_cheadle

Post by jb_cheadle »

Surely Falcao gets an assist for the Blind goal, Telegraph commentary for last nights game says this:

GOAL!! WEST BROM 2-2 MAN UTD (Blind) Rafael's cross from the right into the box is laid back by Falcao to the edge of the box perhaps two yards to the left of centre. Blind controls it then curls in a firm shot around the advancing Wisdom and into the bottom right corner. Excellent finish.

So I understand why he didn't get the points???

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

Post by Thomarse »

jb_cheadle wrote:Surely Falcao gets an assist for the Blind goal, Telegraph commentary for last nights game says this:

GOAL!! WEST BROM 2-2 MAN UTD (Blind) Rafael's cross from the right into the box is laid back by Falcao to the edge of the box perhaps two yards to the left of centre. Blind controls it then curls in a firm shot around the advancing Wisdom and into the bottom right corner. Excellent finish.

So I understand why he didn't get the points???

Because ...
Thomarse wrote:Looks like it came off the defender tbh
Defender on the Falcaos left kicks it back ...

https://vine.co/v/ObIgvL0pOgL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sjr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Gentle

Post by sjr »

Not expecting Kolorov to start at the weekend now having played and given away a peno in Russia - hopefully come off the bench.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

sjr wrote:Not expecting Kolorov to start at the weekend now having played and given away a peno in Russia - hopefully come off the bench.
I posted in another thread that Clichy will start at West Ham now. Then it's the League Cup so Kolarov will probably start, then Clichy again in the league. Looking like no points for Kolarov for a few weeks.

sjr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sjr »

Midlander wrote:
sjr wrote:Not expecting Kolorov to start at the weekend now having played and given away a peno in Russia - hopefully come off the bench.
I posted in another thread that Clichy will start at West Ham now. Then it's the League Cup so Kolarov will probably start, then Clichy again in the league. Looking like no points for Kolarov for a few weeks.
You never know, part CS poss attacking points from bench. It's what we signed up for when picking Kolorov!

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I don't think the rotation is that regimented either so wouldn't rule out him playing in one or both those games anyway.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

sjr wrote:
Midlander wrote:
You never know, part CS poss attacking points from bench. It's what we signed up for when picking Kolorov!
Very true. Just think how many points he'd score if he actually played every game!

sjr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sjr »

Midlander wrote:
sjr wrote:
Midlander wrote:
Very true. Just think how many points he'd score if he actually played every game!
Think how expensive he'd be ;-)

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

TFF had replied on Facebook:

"Hi Dave, the Chelsea move went as follows:
Fabregas to Hazard to Fabregas to Oscar to Fabregas - Goal

...so no KC for Hazard as he didn’t pass directly to Oscar."

Then last night added a KC for Hazard. :?

The late change of mind (probably due to email pressure) and the contradiction with their facebook post and (primarily) the inconsistency with all precedent in similar cases - is all unusually poor form from TFF, I've sent them a message asking for explanation

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

They made a mistake, on first viewing and most reports never mentioned the little hazard flick.

They rectified the mistake

No harm done

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

It went Fabregas - Hazard - Fabregas - (Hazard?) - Oscar - Fabregas - goal

The first Hazard involvement definitely shouldn't get a KC, that's what I thought it was for. They have replied already highlighting the dubious second Hazard touch which, if true, is a fair KC.

"we reviewed the footage of the Fabregas goal again and again, and with Slow motion and HD footage it is clear that Hazard does get a slight subtle touch n the ball as it goes through to Oscar. Therefore a KC has correctly been awarded. "

Their HD and slow mo must be pretty damn good. Have re-watched and now see where the suspicion of that touch is, but still looked at best inconclusive to me, so surprised they could overturn the initial ruling :?

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

Post by Thomarse »

reds363 wrote:It went Fabregas - Hazard - Fabregas - (Hazard?) - Oscar - Fabregas - goal

The first Hazard involvement definitely shouldn't get a KC, that's what I thought it was for. They have replied already highlighting the dubious second Hazard touch which, if true, is a fair KC.

"we reviewed the footage of the Fabregas goal again and again, and with Slow motion and HD footage it is clear that Hazard does get a slight subtle touch n the ball as it goes through to Oscar. Therefore a KC has correctly been awarded. "

Their HD and slow mo must be pretty damn good. Have re-watched and now see where the suspicion of that touch is, but still looked at best inconclusive to me, so surprised they could overturn the initial ruling :?
Not sure f you saw this:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/ ... l-analysis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and specifically this:

Its subtle but definitely a slight backheel to carry it on to Oscar :)

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

Two more goals tonight too 8-)

longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man

Post by longjohn12 »

That's a dummy if i ever saw one, pathetic from the TFF big wigs, a few chance their luck and they cave in. Gonna have to start to look at everything a bit closer from now on maybe we've missed opportunities to scam some points :shock:

Tom QC
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 20/21 - 81st overall
TFF Euros 2021 - 25th overall (more importantly won FISO league)

Post by Tom QC »

Except when you're trying to "dummy" you don't move your leg backwards along with the path of the ball in order to slightly redirect it on to your teammate at a slight angle behind you by flicking it, you let it come to you and then let it roll between your legs.

If you watch just the ball and nothing else it's possible to see its subtle change of trajectory and increased speed after Hazard touches it.

longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man

Post by longjohn12 »

You're having a giraffe the ball came to him far to quickly for him to react to flick it on, he saw the ball going through and moved his leg out of the way either that or the video above was a sped up version. To be fair though I think there could be a case for a dummy to be included as a kc, after all it is a key factor for the resulting goal!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

It can't be a dummy if he is trying to kick it or trying to get out of the way!

Could be an air shot though.....

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

Good job all the hazard owners who emailed in! It does look from the above clip that it is 50-50 but I suspect telegraph would of had a better angle and a slowed down version. They obviously had a look at it after the emails and found that there was indeed a little touch

fazza_1973
Treebeard

Post by fazza_1973 »

Can anyone explain why David Silva did not get an assist at the weekend for one of the penalties - ball was played into him, he took a touch and was clattered, and penalty awarded! Is the question whether he was in control? I have seen other assists awarded for less!

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

Basically, because all the owners of him didn't email in a protest ...

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Move on everyone, its Thursday, start planning ahead! :wink:

wolfbagger
Kevin and Perry

Post by wolfbagger »

@Fazza1973 - Wasn't the penalty awarded after Silva was bought down missed by Aguero? I seem to think it was as I was swearing at the TV after he cocked it up !!

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

tommymooney wrote:Move on everyone, its Thursday, start planning ahead! :wink:
Yes, with this in mind and in Spiny's absence I've already posted this week's write-up :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”