To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Criminal Case - Anyone else addicted to this?

A forum for discussions on Games such as Xbox, Playstation, Su Doku, Crosswords, Wordle, Quordle, Centordle & Board Games
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Criminal Case - Anyone else addicted to this?

Post by Ashers »

Criminal Case casts players in the role of a new member of the police force who is tasked with solving a variety of brutal crimes. The first case acts as a tutorial, with the player being introduced to the various components of gameplay one by one, and then subsequent cases become increasingly lengthy and complex as the player progresses.

The game is split into several parts, each of which advance the plot of each case. Hidden object scenes are handled fairly traditionally — players are presented with a list of objects to find, some of which are key clues for the case, and must find them as quickly as possible to score maximum points. Upon completing a scene, the final score (plus time bonus and additional bonuses for any “hints” remaining) contributes to a cumulative star rating for the stage.

Unlike most hidden object games, however, these stars actually play a role in the game rather than simply showing your “mastery” level of a particular scene. Stars are used to unlock various additional investigation scenes, which vary from simple conversations with suspects to puzzles requiring the player to reassemble broken objects, find items hidden in piles of red herrings and decipher codes. Stars are expended upon performing these tasks, so the game does occasionally descend into grinding as the player tries to acquire additional stars to complete all the objectives.

Alongside these interactive elements, certain items such as the victim’s body and other objects found at the scene must be sent to the lab for analysis, which takes a period of real time to complete. As ever, these real-time delays may be bypassed with the expenditure of hard currency.

As the player progresses through each case, they gain clues as to who the victim was, how they were killed and who the suspect was. At the conclusion of the case, the player is presented with several suspects and must arrest the appropriate one who fulfils all the criteria. If they are correct, the case is complete and the next one unlocks — though past cases may be revisited at any time to grind for experience and currency.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: Criminal Case - Anyone else addicted to this?

Post by Surprised »

Is this online?
I'm sure I played something similar over the internet

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I think I have seen this as an app/game on my android smart phone?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Yeah, I play it as an app on my I-Phone

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

haven't tried it yet Ashers, but I am on the look out for new games so may give it a go.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Richt wrote:haven't tried it yet Ashers, but I am on the look out for new games so may give it a go.
Guarantee that you will be addicted if you try it.

The more people that play it that you are friends with the better the experience as this gives you targets to aim for.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Do you have to be facebook friends?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Yeah, but the game is still great without this.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Did you give this a go?

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Not yet.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Games incl. Video Games”