To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ángel Di María (Manchester United)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Ángel Di María (Manchester United)

Post by Billy Bongo »

I still prefer Arsenals fixtures and their attacking players to ADM

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

shawpower wrote:One problem with getting him in now is that he's now up over 25% ownership. So the price rises are going to peter out a bit. Meaning the boat has been missed slightly on making money off him.
Maybe if you want to make a lot of money, but he's well below the ownership of Fàbregas and Sterling, if he makes those kind of numbers I'd be surprised if his price stayed below 10.1m, which would put him up with the biggest risers this season. I doubt people are sacrificing a premium midfield spot just to make a bit of coin. I think the real reason for getting him in now is that if he becomes a must have season keeper, you've tied up less money.

He's the hot ticket now, but the next three game are key; United and Di María do well, he looks like a must have season keeper, United and Di María struggle, everyone looks at the next two fixtures and hops off.

Would any of you keep Di María if he posts less than 11 points in the next 3, and United pick up less than 7?

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Billy Bongo wrote:I still prefer Arsenals fixtures
From when??

Arguably...

Man U - West Ham
Arsenal - Spurs

Man U - Everton
Chelsea - Arsenal

Arsenal - Hull
West Brom - Man U

I'd say that's 3-0 in MU's favour (or at least should be). Then it's...

Sunderland - Arsenal
Man U - Chelsea

I'll have a £1 bet with you that United take more points in the next 3 games than Arsenal. I'll make it £2 and suggest Di Maria will outscore Ozil over those 3 games also.

I think that's a very reasonable offer :D

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

No, I meant after that

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Billy Bongo wrote:No, I meant after that
Then why didn't you say that, Mr Bongo?

GingerMonkey
FISOhead

Post by GingerMonkey »

I've almost decided that he is the one to make way in order to accommodate Aguero. Anyone else thinking similar or not bothering to buy him in the first place?

He seems to consistently be in the top 2/3 for transfers in every day so it's obviously a risk if he scores well and you don't have him. I just don't see Man Utd having an easy time in the next 6 games (apart from against Palace).

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I haven't bought him yet. That may change if he does well this week, but I'm yet to be convinced so far.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

The best time to have have bought him was after the Burnley game when with a nice run of games in front of him he looked a good gamble to take especially as Arsenal had far tougher fixtures and a Ramsey to Di Maria switch looked decent (every player is a gamble to some extent). Now the odds aren't nearly as good and he's far more expensive, with fixtures getting more difficult it doesn't look like the timing is right.

I've noticed quite a few owners are looking at Walcott's return as timely for a swap with cash over as Arsenal start their nice run of fixtures after Chelsea. He'll probably be introduced gradually and price protection will delay any price increases but there's sure to be a big demand. Alternatively Di Maria to Chadli in gw9 also looks good.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

liquidfootball2 wrote:The best time to have have bought him was after the Burnley game when with a nice run of games in front of him he looked a good gamble to take especially as Arsenal had far tougher fixtures and a Ramsey to Di Maria switch looked decent (every player is a gamble to some extent). Now the odds aren't nearly as good and he's far more expensive, with fixtures getting more difficult it doesn't look like the timing is right.

I've noticed quite a few owners are looking at Walcott's return as timely for a swap with cash over as Arsenal start their nice run of fixtures after Chelsea. He'll probably be introduced gradually and price protection will delay any price increases but there's sure to be a big demand. Alternatively Di Maria to Chadli in gw9 also looks good.
I was with you all the way until the last line. You spoilt your own post there, LF2!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Fair enough the Ton tbh that was a bit of an afterthought and so can be safely ignored. I'd just looked at Spurs' fixtures and thought maybe... Chadli but you're probably right and best not to go down that route.

Chinese Whisperer
Treebeard

Post by Chinese Whisperer »

Waiting for him to rise again to make 0.3 profit. Will then look to transfer out for Walcott or Tadic.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Fair enough the Ton tbh that was a bit of an afterthought and so can be safely ignored. I'd just looked at Spurs' fixtures and thought maybe... Chadli but you're probably right and best not to go down that route.
TBF your instinct has been serving you well so far.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Unless he gets big scores in both of the next two games I think I'll be selling in GW9 for one of the Arsenal lot, (or Silva or Hazard depending on how they look).

He still doesn't look like he's getting forward enough for my liking.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

I brought him in for these 2 weeks for Ramsey but I have no plans to keep him beyond that unless he scores huge in both, it would take more than a goal or an assist per week for me to keep him, I'm thinking he may get a rise during the International break which would be a bonus as caught the last rise.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

gunnersaurus wrote:I brought him in for these 2 weeks for Ramsey but I have no plans to keep him beyond that unless he scores huge in both, it would take more than a goal or an assist per week for me to keep him, I'm thinking he may get a rise during the International break which would be a bonus as caught the last rise.
Are you saying that a goal or assist every week isn't enough? :?

Carlb5253
FISOhead

Post by Carlb5253 »

gunnersaurus wrote:I brought him in for these 2 weeks for Ramsey but I have no plans to keep him beyond that unless he scores huge in both, it would take more than a goal or an assist per week for me to keep him, I'm thinking he may get a rise during the International break which would be a bonus as caught the last rise.
A goal or an assist per week is not enough.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So if a player gets 19 goals and 19 assists in a season thats not enough

What an idiot

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Carlb5253 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What an idiot
I want more than 7 points or 6 points per week for these next two weeks for a 10m player.

Let me start again, I.....am......talking......about.....a......2......week.....period....not.....the......season....so.....19....goals....and......19.....assists.....is....not...relivant.

Perhaps it might be wise to calm your excitement next time, don't be in a rush to get one over and actually engage the brain for 1, no 2 seconds (as it's you) and read the comment, digest it and then admit to your pea brain that I am right.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

gunnersaurus wrote:
Carlb5253 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What an idiot
I want more than 7 points or 6 points per week for these next two weeks for a 10m player.

Perhaps it might be wise to calm your excitement next time to get one over and actually engage the brain for 1, no 2 seconds (as it's you) and read the comment, digest it and then admit to your pea brain that I am right.
are you stupid or something? 1 goal and 1 assist per 2 games means around 8ppg because of bonus points.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

5 + 2 = 7 as with that defence I'm not banking on a clean sheet and it don't guarantee bonus points if any other of the 'United allstars' does better.

I am thick though, you beat me, what can I say???

PS.I said a goal or and assist not and smart chap.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

gunnersaurus wrote:5 + 2 = 7 as with that defence I'm not banking on a clean sheet and it don't guarantee bonus points if any other of the 'United allstars' does better.

I am thick though, you beat me, what can I say???

PS.I said a goal or and assist not and smart chap.
and I said per 2 weeks. I win again!

by the way, 7*38=266. I'd say that's decent for a 10.0 player.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Why are you two talking about 38 weeks as a way of backing up your points?

Surely you can read and I clearly stated that I was talking about the next 2 weeks? Beyond that I'm not interested.

You win though.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

gunnersaurus wrote:Why are you two talking about 38 weeks as a way of backing up your points?

Surely you can read and I clearly stated that I was talking about the next 2 weeks? Beyond that I'm not interested.

You win though.
to show you that an average of 7 is elite and more than you should expect from a 10.0 player. You said an average of 7 is too low for that price, when it's actually too high.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Oh right, gotcha, sorry, not interested after the next 2 weeks so it don't really help my cause, if he smashes it and gets double figures in both weeks then I will have to have a rethink, averages mean nothing to my situation.

Not really keen on their fixtures going forward so he will have to do something quite special in the next 2 for me to stay on.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I see. I was thinking of getting rid of him also, I need to downgrade someone to fund Baines and it's between Di Maria, Fabregas and Sterling. I don't want to sell Fabs and Liverpool is playing QPR next (which means captain Sterling) so Di Maria has to play well tomorrow or he's gone.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Well there you go, we are on the same page even though we went round the houses to get there.

Not saying he's a bad pick, he's not but there are better and I've missed his good fixtures so it's a 2 week gamble with my mind open to be changed if he does something special.

From next week there is Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil to consider who could easily outscore him given both teams fixtures.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Indeed we are, the main problem with Di Maria is that once you sell him you probably won't be able to buy him back if he explodes. I got him at 9.7 and if I sell now and he rises to 10.2 I'd have to destroy my team to get him back. I really want Baines though...

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Surely you won't sell him in these next 2? I'm sure he won't be rising much beyond that unless he does well in which case I doubt you will sell him.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Of course I won't sell him before WBA! :D I really don't know where to burn my 2 FT though.

Carlb5253
FISOhead

Post by Carlb5253 »

You said in order to keep ADM you want more than a goal or assist per week. Hence the 38 gw comparison.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

He's been awsome again so far today. By far their most dangerous looking player.

Better still, his good play looks to be mostly in an around the box rather than deep. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and not just a result of Rooney being out. Good stuff.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”