To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mirror World Cup Fantasy Football 2014

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the fantasy football game promoted by The Mirror and Racing Post newspapers which used to be called: You The Manager (YTM)
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Mirror World Cup Fantasy Football 2014

Post by quizking »

http://fantasyfootball.mirror.co.uk/Cle ... enthome.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not live as yet, but different bookmakers "supporting" the game (yet again), and it's back to CleverTV - as the old youthemanager games used to be. Awaiting more details with interest.

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Re: Mirror World Cup Fantasy Football 2014

Post by AkNotSpur »

quizking wrote:http://fantasyfootball.mirror.co.uk/Cle ... enthome.do

Not live as yet, but different bookmakers "supporting" the game (yet again), and it's back to CleverTV - as the old youthemanager games used to be. Awaiting more details with interest.
Maybe a hopeful sign that YTM will return for the 2014-15 domestic season?

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Site is live

http://fantasyfootball.mirror.co.uk/Cle ... wtoplay.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jack72
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maxi Muscle FF - 1st (October MOTM) . , TFF Weekender - 1st (Week 13) , Championship FF - 34th. WC 2014 TFF - 27th

Post by Jack72 »

Why do they insist on using the terminology ' Matchday ' :?: .......surely ' group stage 1, group stage 2 ' etc. would be easier to understand !!!!!

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Jack72 wrote:Why do they insist on using the terminology ' Matchday ' :?: .......surely ' group stage 1, group stage 2 ' etc. would be easier to understand !!!!!
Because they're idiots and chancers. I wasted an hour of my life registering and trying to figure out what they were talking about and figure out the rules, how to enter a team, etc. I should have known better. At least the real game goes live tomorrow and I can forget this garbage.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Latic wrote:Site is live

http://fantasyfootball.mirror.co.uk/Cle ... wtoplay.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Site is dead

Latic
FISO Knight

Post by Latic »

Yes it is. Wish I taken some screenshots now.

What I saw.
The format was similar what I expect for the FIFA.com game. Prizes: Top3, £500 per matchday winner (Group games 1, 2, 3, R of 16, QF SF, F).
Player limit per country. Select squad 2 x GK, 5 x DF, 5 x MK, 3 x FW (I think)
No player values!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

There were player values. £11 mill for the highest priced ones.

In fact I'm still looking at the player value list. The lowest priced players are £3 mill.

Latic
FISO Knight

Post by Latic »

Ah cheers, that must have been added later on.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

dead parrot wrote:

Site is dead
Only for parrots. I've just brought up the rules 30 seconds ago.

Latic
FISO Knight

Post by Latic »

Was wondering what they would do with the fixtures seeing as Brazil & Mexico played twice before Russia & S Korea kicked a ball. First MD is a double MD for Brazil & Mexico then.

http://fantasyfootball.mirror.co.uk/Cle ... enthome.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

So their "Match Day 1" etc isn't particularly good terminology but maybe its not quite as bad as the suggestion higher up in this thread, Group Phase 1, would be given the Brazil/Mexico situation.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Striker wrote:
dead parrot wrote:

Site is dead
Only for parrots. I've just brought up the rules 30 seconds ago.

the rules are dead for we diurnal creatures

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

Game times on the Fixtures Tab are actually BST and not GMT as stated at the bottom of each table!

uncle onion
FISOhead
FS Record: nothing of note

Post by uncle onion »

unlimited transfers in matchday 1 - does that mean you are setting up new teams every day, or is that unlimited before the matchday starts?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

uncle onion wrote:unlimited transfers in matchday 1 - does that mean you are setting up new teams every day, or is that unlimited before the matchday starts?
Poor wording but given the fact that teams have to be set up for a "Match Day" by the start of that "matchday"/round of the group matches, you can't use transfers or subs within a 4 day "match day", I'd be pretty sure that its unlimited up to the start of "matchday 1", three transfers when setting up your team for "matchdays" 2 and 3 etc etc.

Substitute a more sensible term for "matchday" in your mind when reading the rules and the problem disappears.

greenman
FISOhead

Post by greenman »

aah, a free prize game open to Irish residents so I'm in. Is there a FISO league already set up for this anyone? Thanks

drdes
Red & Blue Braces

Post by drdes »

I have read and reread the rules but don't understand the transfer situation. Am I right in saying that if I enter a team today (Friday 13th), I then cannot make any transfers until 18th JUne (at which point I can make 3). Is that right or can I make unlimited transfers until 18th JUne?

Am thinking of entering a team today having missed the Brazil/Croatia game. Dont mind missing this one but if transfers are allowed everyday then I feel that no point in entering since I wont be able to catch up.

Thanks

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

drdes wrote:I have read and reread the rules but don't understand the transfer situation. Am I right in saying that if I enter a team today (Friday 13th), I then cannot make any transfers until 18th JUne (at which point I can make 3). Is that right or can I make unlimited transfers until 18th JUne?

Am thinking of entering a team today having missed the Brazil/Croatia game. Dont mind missing this one but if transfers are allowed everyday then I feel that no point in entering since I wont be able to catch up.

Thanks
Correct on the bold bit :)

drdes
Red & Blue Braces

Post by drdes »

Thanks - as previously mentuioned this "matchday" definition is ridiculous - i dont understand how these people who write them think that they make sense.

tyaslevesley
FISOhead
FS Record: Undesputes FISO SuperXV champion 2013

Post by tyaslevesley »

is there a FISO SL for this game please?

uncle onion
FISOhead

Post by uncle onion »

mirror decided to take the moral high ground on the fred dive and not award points/assist for penalty?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

uncle onion wrote:mirror decided to take the moral high ground on the fred dive and not award points/assist for penalty?
The rules specifically state that there are no assists for winning penalties.

uncle onion
FISOhead

Post by uncle onion »

Striker wrote:
uncle onion wrote:mirror decided to take the moral high ground on the fred dive and not award points/assist for penalty?
The rules specifically state that there are no assists for winning penalties.
you are of course right in the rules under points. this is contradicted in the faq points allocation where it says 1 point for earning a penalty - sadly this is where I had been looking for info, which I admit is not the most sensible thing I have done!!

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

So it was unlimited transfers pre round of 16.ok then.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Mirror Fantasy Football”