To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Irish Times Fantasy Premier League Team 2012/13

Irish Times Fantasy Football
Zoolander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Yahoo Fantasy Golf FISO Champion 2009 & 2012, TFF MOTM winner Jan 2012, Tinkerman weekly winner, OFL Golf 2012 - 8th, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th,

Re: Irish Times Fantasy Premier League Team 2012/13

Post by Zoolander »

I'm in 25th overall (5th in FISO league) having only discovering yesterday that you can make transfers between games on the same day. :lol:

I also forgot to do my 3 transfers one week so got to be pretty pleased. :mrgreen:

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

Hi Zoolander,

I've got to admit that's a fantastic position given your 'confusion' with the rules.
I done a similar thing in the Daily Mail, was around 2000th before I realised at the start of December that transferring your captain allowed the new player to score double points. Now 135th before the update - with Bale in team.

If only hey.......I suppose I had better look out for you on my tail now then :)

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

He went McAuley,Baines,Michu to Mata,Hangeland,Walker so yes he used the 3.

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

Hi Bloggie,

Hopefully we can all reel him in a little then this weekend :D

Two left feet
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: TFF Champions Race Winner 2012. Making up numbers in fantasy football.

Post by Two left feet »

edmo33 wrote:Am I right to assume that the leader has made an error and used there 3 transfers for the week, presumably unaware that they needed to cover Saturday and Sundays games.
You are right in saying that he has no more transfers for the weekend - I am not so sure if it will hurt him too much as there are two home games back to back for most teams - he may lose some of his lead though.

This game really does have a great "contact us " feature which I found very useful and prompt if I had a query with the game. It may be because there is less players playing this game than other ff games but it was really nice to get a personal response to a query compared to the copy and paste standard answer crap that other ff games use.

I was 2nd in this for a day or so but unfortunately, I had a nosebleed so I am currently 8th overall - no more nosebleeds for the time being :)

Good luck edmo - don't be afraid to use the contact feature or here if you have any queries.

By the way, Zoolander is not your main threat in this, I am. :twisted: :roll:

edmo33
FISOhead

Post by edmo33 »

Hi Two left feet,

I suppose it is about time this thread had a few posts given how many of us are up there.

I think you're right in saying he may lose some of his lead, purely on the basis of only having a maximum 11 playing.
I have used 1 transfer, but given that was to bring in Bale...i can hardly be unhappy with that :D

If RVP is rested, his one and only striker...there may be an opportunity for some of us. At the least, you can match his RVP, have Berbatov in addition,
and then throw in a 3rd striker. I have Suarez in addition to his RVP, with the potential for two more stirkers. My only issue is the fitness of Angel Rangel.

The leader will have to watch fingers crossed that a striker doesn't do 'a Bale' in the evening or Sunday fixtures.

Good Luck for the rest of the season, and hopefully we can keep this thread going :wink:

Zoolander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Yahoo Fantasy Golf FISO Champion 2009 & 2012, TFF MOTM winner Jan 2012, Tinkerman weekly winner, OFL Golf 2012 - 8th, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th,

Post by Zoolander »

As I clearly didn't read the rules correctly at the beginning of the season, I've just gone through them more thoroughly and found out something else that I wasn't aware of.

You can alter your captain each game 'round' in the same game week. :shock:

I'd wrongly assumed that I was stuck with Michu as captain this weekend but can change him. :D

I've definitely missed a couple of other opportunities to do this.

How I'm as high as I am in this comp is beyond me because I'm an idiot. :lol:

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Stegg v St. Fionnan's is the final of the knockout cup.

edmo33
FISOhead

Post by edmo33 »

So someone did do a Bale this evening...namely Walcott. Hatrick and two assists.

Guess who had him....not me :(
And my goalie conceded 7

Apart from that...fantastic days fantasy football all round.

Zoolander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Zoolander »

Skrtel taken off on 73 minutes. :roll:

Zoolander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Zoolander »

Forgot to change my captain this weekend. Luckily, last weeks captain scored (Mata).

Now up to 14th from 17th in overall standings but still not good enough to hold my position in the FISO league (dropped to 4th).

High standard! :shock:

edmo33
FISOhead

Post by edmo33 »

Hi Zoolander,

I remain 5th, made up about 10 points on the leader last week but a very slow process.
Tried to do something a bit different with my captains in December by looking at who the leaders had, and suffered badly.
Decided now to just concentrate on my own team and make sensible picks.

If i need to chase down a lead at the back end of the season I can take a few risks, but for now i'm playing percentages.

It is a high standard among Fiso members, just a shame there are no suplerleague prizes.
Or even a prize for second :shock:

Winner will take all, it mentioned in the prize section that prizes would be awared for the leaders in the different 'regions' throughout the season, but not seen anything so far to back this up.

Would be a shame to finish so high and not win a prize.

greenman
FISOhead

Post by greenman »

Does anyone know what will happen to the second unlimited transfer window dates now that the Liverpool Swansea game is bang in the middle of it. It was due to open on 12th Feb. I assume they'll move it to after that game now.

After sitting in the top 20 for a while I had an awful Christmas and early Jan dropping outside the top 50, that Bale hatrick a particular killer. Have managed good scores that last two weeks but it would be tough from here in 46th and 100pts behind to get back on terms.

Two left feet
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: TFF Champions Race Winner 2012. Making up numbers in fantasy football.

Post by Two left feet »

Email them greenman after the weekend- they should be able to give you an answer better than me and they are most helpful.

I would also assume, like you, that the transfer window would be reduced to one week but it would be fun to pick any four players(2+2 for each team) of your choosing with the game being re scheduled right in the middle of the transfer window :)

I am sure they will announce it when the time arrives.

EDIT: via email (transfer window reduced to one week)

The deadline for Transfer Window 2, when unlimited transfers will be available, has been brought forward to 15:00 on Sunday 17th February because of the rearranged Liverpool v Swansea match. Transfer Window 2 starts at 00:00 on Tuesday 12th February.

greenman
FISOhead

Post by greenman »

Have enjoyed the game this season but over a hundred points behind the leaders despite lying in 21st place isn't great, too many poor captain choices and disastrous Xmas period I think.

Used my final transfers in mid week to make the most of the extra games and managed to jump to 7th place in the May table. Only 16pts behind the leader here so a small chance there to win something tomorrow. It's shame there's no prize for the private leagues though with a strong FISO showing in this game.

See you all next season :-)

edmo33
FISOhead

Post by edmo33 »

Hi Greenman,

I have enjoyed this game, was top 10 in this for most of the season but a couple of bad captain decisions led to me slipping out.

Bit poor also that there was only a single seasonal prize, and the prize fund was dwarfed by the six nations competition they put out. A season long labour intensive effort with tiny prize fund compare to a game played over about 2 months :?

They also stated that there would be prizes for people in different 'regions' throughout the season, but am not aware of this ever materialising.

There are as you say many fisoer's up there, so a real shame for no superleague prize.

I do feel also for a certain fisoe'r who misread a few rules. Had he realised you could change captains midweek and do transfers between games, I honestely think he would have walked this game. :wink:

Tim Bisley
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF MOTM - January 2012, TFF Tinkerman weekly winner, TFF MOTW - May 2013, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th

Post by Tim Bisley »

Indeed. What a numpty I am! :mrgreen:

Not sure I'd have won but I'd be a lot closer. As you've said, with the lack of prizes to anyone but the winner, it's probably not cost me anything.

edmo33
FISOhead

Post by edmo33 »

Tim Bisley wrote:Indeed. What a numpty I am! :mrgreen:

Not sure I'd have won but I'd be a lot closer. As you've said, with the lack of prizes to anyone but the winner, it's probably not cost me anything.
Well deduced sir.
My clues as to who 'the' fisoe'r was, were probably a little transparent :D
certainly would not have made for an exciting episode of Columbo :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Irish Times”