To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Trench Warfare!

Risk at Conquer Club
Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Trench Warfare!

Post by Richt »

So what is it all about? I may be blind, but I don't see anything different yet.... but saying that, the trench games I am in have only just started, so all may come apparent :?

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 7thOverall 05/06, Winner MOTM Jan, Nov 07 - April 12.  MOTW Winner 2012. 

Re: Trench Warfare!

Post by Crookface »

Setting up games earler I seen the option lets us know what's going on

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

It's a head f*ck, that's what it is.

It makes no difference in your viewing of the game. The main idea of it is to slow games down. You can only attack from territories that you have at the beginning of that particular round.

So if you have 15 troops on one territory, you can attack as many other territories that are adjacent to that one. However, if you advance your troops to the territory you attack, you'll have to wait till the next round before being able to attack from that new territory.

Hope that makes sense

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

Every trench game seems to be flat rate at the moment, that i'm in anyway
Can see this being interesting with escalating. Might stop the roll over of everyone by nicking the spoils

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer
FS Record: I always liked the old Tele FA Cup competition...

Post by stevejtr »

It makes you plan a little further in advance IMO at the start of a game, though your strategy is thus more obvious to others as the chance of a massive land grab is nullified. Only in 1 game (round 3) so it will be interesting to see how it pans out

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I like it.

I think it adds a great new dimension to the game.

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

It suits my play i feel
Much easier to plan ahead when you know some monster stack isn't going to appear from nowhere and wipe out your bonuses
Lots of people haven't grasped it yet,and haven't realised how to guarentee your bonuses
Stack the borders and don't worry too much

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

I am playing my first version of this but with nuclear. I am afraid of stacking borders as I risk a nuclear attack. Any advice?

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

There's no control over your spoils in nuclear.
I tend to find that stacking is pointless as you'll get nuked eventually, unless you stack on a spoil that you own, as doubles are very rare.
Just go for it tbh

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Post by crispybits »

I LOVE trench!

The best way I've found is to move forward in bits and spurts. So set an initial occupation target and get it conquered, then conquer any terts around it so you have a 1 zone buffer for visibility (if fog ofc, if not you dont even really have to worry about that)

Leave the defensive stack 1 behind the front line, and then start using any spares and deploys to move forwards towards your next occupation target, and again leave a stack 1 behind the front line.

I've seen many a game sit in balance with terts A - B - C where one player holds A with his stack, one player holds C with their stack, and B just changes hands with 1 troop each turn to maintain the border. Then it's all about how strong you are in other areas and can you eventually out-deploy him or do you need to switch to another way round.

I think it makes for better tactical games, because you can't just run your stack around a weak spot in their defence in one turn, you have to work out how to defeat the empire as a whole rather than any particular group of terts.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Risk”