To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Online football management games

A forum for news on Simulated Football Management games.
fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Online football management games

Post by fancy dan »

Does anyone here play any online football management games? I'm not talking CM or FM (if they currently have an online option), but smaller, and most importantly free games. I thought this might help me through the long close season. Anyone got any recommendations?

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

I'm semi addicted to www.hattrick.org

Love the game and it is free

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

Aha - just discovered this forum. I'll check out a few of those flagged up here, especially hattrick.org. Cheers Mystery!

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Re: Online football management games

Post by bloggie »

My Hattrick team is Good Karma FC if anyone plays. Also the cricket version Battrick.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

I stopped playing Hattrick a couple of years back. Once I'd pretty much established a pattern for my team - buy promising young midfielders as cheap as possible, train train and train, sell them expensive and young-ish, plough profits into the rest of the team - the game lost its edge for me. Maybe there's some extra hidden depth to it all and I won't say it's too easy to play, but I felt it became quite thin on gameplay.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

They have a youth team now. I'd agree when compared to Battrick. I find that has more in depth gameplay and spend nearly ten times more time on the latter. However both a must see if you've never tried them.

rubikqube
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Yorkshire Post (Golf) MOM (x2) - Bunkered MOM (Aug 2012 - Won Letters Driver)

Post by rubikqube »

The most realistic Football manager game out there is

http://www.itsagoal.com

and it's FREE.

Extract of beginners guide

READ HERE 1st PLEASE! FAQ / NEW / PRIZE MONIES / CUP MONIES / END OF SEASON / SUBSCRIPTION BENEFITS / IAG BANNER
(This is a copy of the initial post in the thread found here)

Please read...

FAQ
Use the Help menu above (top right) to discover information about Youths, Stadium and other various details to help understand the game. More info can be found upon the forums, but please do what you can to discover the relevant answer you seek, it can frustrate some members seeing the same questions asked, as you will no doubt discover after you have been playing for a while too.

Being Sacked
Ultimately, this will only happen if you let it.
You can be sacked after setting up your team, after initially joining, and failing to login within the next 5 days. Once surpassed that time limit, you can also be sacked, if you fail to login after 21 days. Your account will still exist, but all associations with the team and squad you had, will be lost. You will need to join another club to continue.
You can also be sacked if your squad size falls below 16 so be careful when operating a small squad.
You currently cannot be sacked for poor performance or for having a low board rating.

MOD EDIT: Rest of post cut as that much detail not necessary here. Please use the link above for further information

Sape13
Cheetah

Post by Sape13 »

I used to play itsagoal some years ago and liked it. But version 2 has dragged the game downhill. I quit after playing it for a while as I got bored of all the managerless teams there, the game lost a lot of users and is a ghosttown. And now subscribers get 2 clubs and free players 1? Whats up with that? Also, there are many bugs around and few users playing the game. The developers have left the game a long time ago, nothing has been done with it for years.

I am currently playing a couple of games I can recommend: Hattrick & Soccerproject. Neither operate with added gameplay advantages for those who pay. Hattrick moves a bit slow and is a longterm game, but has it charm. With 360,000 managers it is a massive game and it takes years to get to the top. Soccerproject has around 20,000 users and much faster pace due to short seasons and short player careers.

Both games have active development and communities, and beat the c*r*a*p out of Itsagoal which has neither.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

Xpert Eleven is where its at gents... and there is a vacant team in the Fiso League. Enquire in the Xpert Eleven subforum.

Bandit
Grumpy Old Bootlegger

Post by Bandit »

I'm practically addicted to Soccer Manager http://www.soccermanager.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone else on here play that ??

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Does anyone know how it compares to X11 ?

Bandit
Grumpy Old Bootlegger

Post by Bandit »

blahblah wrote:Does anyone know how it compares to X11 ?
I've not looked at X11 so can't compare it mate but I like playing soccer manager as it allows you build a first team and a youth team so I like buying all the best young prospects from around the world before they become famous :)

It's normally an 38 game long season with two league games a week (weds + sat) and a few cup games thrown in on monday....players pick up injuries every now and again so a bit of depth is needed for your squad.

My 200+ youth players is probably just a tad excessive tho :lol:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

blahblah wrote:Does anyone know how it compares to X11 ?
Did you try this?

ukmale
Kevin and Perry

Post by ukmale »

Sape13 wrote:I used to play itsagoal some years ago and liked it. But version 2 has dragged the game downhill. I quit after playing it for a while as I got bored of all the managerless teams there, the game lost a lot of users and is a ghosttown. And now subscribers get 2 clubs and free players 1? Whats up with that? Also, there are many bugs around and few users playing the game. The developers have left the game a long time ago, nothing has been done with it for years.

I am currently playing a couple of games I can recommend: Hattrick & Soccerproject. Neither operate with added gameplay advantages for those who pay. Hattrick moves a bit slow and is a longterm game, but has it charm. With 360,000 managers it is a massive game and it takes years to get to the top. Soccerproject has around 20,000 users and much faster pace due to short seasons and short player careers.

Both games have active development and communities, and beat the c*r*a*p out of Itsagoal which has neither.
Important - Itsagoal Reloaded

Are you ready!

For the exciting new era for Itsagoal.com. That’s right Itsagoal is currently undergoing upgrades for the game to be reloaded at the end of season 46.

This News Article is to inform you that the current game will continue as it is for now until it is reloaded.

What will the reload bring to IAG?

It’s a good question and only right that you are informed. A number of changes are being looked at which include the following:

1, A new transfer system to make the transfer market fairer for all.
2, A new Home page making it easier for new users to sign up.
3, Fairer distribution of money in the game.
4, Changes to Stadium Construction.
5, Making it possible for clubs to move to new leagues/divisions in the off season.

This isn’t the whole list by any means, making IAG multi lingual is also being looked at but these are what are considered essential to not only improve itsagoal.com but to keep it alive for many years to come.

After nearly 9 years of this current version of itagoal.com, manager numbers have declined to a level whereby it’s unfortunate to say that without these changes the end of the game is near.

Many of us have enjoyed this game and would hate to see it just disappear.

The site developers (aka the bosses) don’t want to see the game disappear but in order for the game to continue it requires upgrades and changes. These changes will require that the game is reset.

We are hoping the changes will be ready to go live on 22 August 2015 which will mean the current game will cease at the end of season 46.

We hope you will continue to enjoy the current game as it is and we would welcome your views. We are still in the process of finalising the changes and value your input.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Simulated Football Management games”