To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Daily Record 2006/2007

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Daily Record.
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Daily Record 2006/2007

Post by quizking »

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/fantasyfootball

similar to last season, plus a "warm-up" league for the first 3 weeks of spl only, with extra prize of £2500.

No more "seven player" rule.

Prices for the spl players appear to have increased significantly.

Reminder that prices for EPL players listed here may give an indication of the likely prices in the YTM game.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

The YTM players won't be cheap then.

ianmorrison
Kevin and Perry

Post by ianmorrison »

I have had a look at this competition. Am i correct in my understanding that I do not need to enter my teams until the English Premiership kick off in a few weeks rather than this Saturday. I realise this means I won't be in the running for the warm up league but do the points start from zero again for all teams and players for the start of the English Premiership?

I guess this means it would be a disadvantage to pick scottish players as they will have 3 games less over the season, not taking account of the possibility of transfers etc to make up for this.

Thanks for any help on this!

mighty reds
Treebeard

Post by mighty reds »

yes you are right. the overall league starts scoring on 19th aug.

the spl teams will play less games over the course of the season. looking through the player list it looks like the bargains are in the spl teams.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Promo email:

'GET READY FOR KICK-OFF!

The big guns are ready for the new season, and Scottish Daily Record Fantasy Football is back for the 2006/7 campaign with its biggest ever prize pool and brand new updated player stats!

With a guaranteed £50,000 prize pot, easy-to-play game rules and some great new features you'd be mad to sign-up anywhere else!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Headline Features:
£50,000 in prizes
£60m to make your team
Monthly top manager prize of £1,000
4 transfer windows - maximum of 3 transfers per window
Warm-up League from 29th July: win £2,500 by mid-August!
No limit to number of players from one club
Mini-Leagues: Challenge your friends? The best Mini-League of the season scoops £1,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You start with a £60 million transfer budget and pick your winning eleven from all players in the SPL, along with the top stars from the English Premiership. You choose the players who you think will be a hit this season. Fancy Rooney, Reyes and Riordan up front? Then DO IT!! ...It's your fantasy team!

As a new feature for 2006-07 we'll be running a Warm-Up League from 29th July - 18th August. The winner of this will be celebrating the start of the season £2,500 better off! If you think you know your SPL inside-out then get in early as only Scottish teams play during the Warm-Up.

So what are you waiting for? Click here to go through the one-off account sign-up and then select your teams. If you played You The Manager World Cup then you don't need to register just login and away you go!

Good Luck and enjoy the Season!

Daily Record Fantasy Football HQ'

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Daily Record Mini-Leagues

Post by pa102aw »

Anyone set up a Daily Record Mini League yet that I can join.??

JoMo

steve foster
FISOhead

record mini

Post by steve foster »

i've stuck a mini league in if you would like to join, league name- fozzies password-cherise anyone welcome :lol:

admin
FISO Administrator

Re: Daily Record Mini-Leagues

Post by admin »

pa102aw wrote:Anyone set up a Daily Record Mini League yet that I can join.??

JoMo
The FISO Daily Record Mini-League will be set up nearer the game entry deadline of 19 August and I'll post details on this forum when it is set up.

There is plenty of time to add teams into the mini-league because that deadline is 12 noon UK time on Saturday March 3rd 2007.

P.S.

'At the end of the season the Top Mini League will win £1,000.

The Top Mini Leagues will be based on the average points total of the top 5 in each Mini League. (total of top 5 scores divided by 5)'

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

From the How to Play page:

How to Play

Study the player list carefully and select your 11 players using the following rules:

Select teams in a 1-4-3-3 formation (1 Goalkeeper, 4 Defenders, 3 Midfielders and 3 Strikers).

Players must be selected in the positions attributed to them in the official Daily Record Fantasy Football player lists. A player can only be selected in a team once - player duplication is not permitted.

The combined value of your 11 players must not exceed £60m.

There is no limit to the number of players you can select from any one team - provided you stay within the budget of £60m.

To begin scoring from the very start of the Warm-Up League you'll need to register by 12.15pm on Saturday 29th July. To begin scoring from the start of the Overall (season-long) League you'll need to have your team registered by 12.30pm on Saturday 19th August. Teams registered for the Warm-Up League will go on to score points in the Overall League - you don't need to register twice. Throughout the season there is a weekly entry cut-off at 15 minutes before the first kick-off each Saturday.

You can enter as many teams as you like. If you enter via Internet there's a "5 for the price of 4" special offer discount.

Internet and phone registration will remain open until 3.45pm on Friday June 30th 2006.

Transfers

There will be Four Transfer Windows across the season. Each team will be able to use up to 12 transfers during the course of the competition - with a maximum of 3 per Window.

Transfer Window 1: 27th August - 9th September
Transfer Window 2: 10th - 18th November
Transfer Window 3: 5th - 13th January
Transfer Window 4: 18th - 31st March

Transfers cost £1.50p per window and can be made online or via phone.

NB. If you register online you can pre-buy your transfers for £3 - a saving of 50%.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

From the mini league rules ...

Mini leagues will stop accepting entries on March 3rd 2007 ... this will prevent leading teams liaising to form their own mini league at the end of the competition and snaffling the prize money!

Hardly a problem I should think :lol:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Email promo:

'8 DAYS 'TIL KICK OFF!!!

The SPL has started, but remember the Daily Record Fantasy Football overall league scoring does not start until matches played on 19th August so you still have 8 days to register some all-conquering teams!

There is a massive £50,000 up for grabs with £25,000 going to the overall league winner!

And don't forget about our Mini Leagues - the perfect chance for you to show who the king of fantasy football is - PLUS - they are free to setup.

Whether it's with your family, your colleagues or your mates from the pub, everyone loves the opportunity to brag about their football management skills!

The prize for the best Mini League of the season is £1,000, so get together with some other would-be managers and get going!

As an added incentive take advantage of our SPECIAL OFFER - Get One FREE Team every time you get 10 new managers to join your Mini League. See website for full details.

E.g. If you have 50 different managers in your Mini League you qualify for 5 free extra teams to try and push for one of the great monthly prizes.

So what are you waiting for? Get registering at www.dailyrecord.co.uk/fantasyfootball for the chance to win some of the £50,000 prize fund! If you played You The Manager World Cup then you don't need to register just login and away you go!

Best of Luck!

Daily Record Fantasy Football HQ'

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Record FF (Game ceased)”