To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

ALL STARTS HERE ON TUESAY - Edit: divisions now up!

A forum for discussion on the Division competitions in Telegraph Fantasy Football
johnmc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Div 3 TFF when they paid out £5k for divisional splits. Paid for a new car at the time. Several weekly and monthly prizes over the years.

ALL STARTS HERE ON TUESAY - Edit: divisions now up!

Post by johnmc »

Hi lads,
I know that TFF say that they post the Divisional splits on Tuesday. Yet with a bank holiday I'm going start my masterplans and strategic wot-nots, tomorrow.
First thing is to filter through all my teams and see if they're all playing.
I do LOVE this part of the season as it feels very THERAPEUTIC. Having not done any transfers, or barely any, in 19 of my 36 teams and suddenly have a rate of 6 per month does my TRIGGER finger the power of good. :lol:

Here's hoping I get off to a flier with a few and start at the top of a few divisions, from day one. :D

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Re: ALL STARTS HERE ON TUESAY

Post by PNE4PREM »

johnmc wrote:Hi lads,
I know that TFF say that they post the Divisional splits on Tuesday. Yet with a bank holiday I'm going start my masterplans and strategic wot-nots, tomorrow.
First thing is to filter through all my teams and see if they're all playing.
I do LOVE this part of the season as it feels very THERAPEUTIC. Having not done any transfers, or barely any, in 19 of my 36 teams and suddenly have a rate of 6 per month does my TRIGGER finger the power of good. :lol:

Here's hoping I get off to a flier with a few and start at the top of a few divisions, from day one. :D
Well looks like there's a few of us in the same boat.. I've 20+ teams with block defences that haven't paid off ALL have 25+ transfers left so let the game begin :)

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

I pretty much had a couple of teams in each division with half a dozen near the top of division 10.

Unfortunately, with all the clean sheets yesterday, quite a few of the lower teams may have shot their bolts and ended up at the bottom of division 9.

Never mind....all to play for.

Good luck!

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Div 3 TFF when they paid out £5k for divisional splits. Paid for a new car at the time. Several weekly and monthly prizes over the years.

Post by johnmc »

sted wrote:I pretty much had a couple of teams in each division with half a dozen near the top of division 10.

Unfortunately, with all the clean sheets yesterday, quite a few of the lower teams may have shot their bolts and ended up at the bottom of division 9.

Never mind....all to play for.

Good luck!
Snap. Plus I had one with Rooney, Jones and Lamps in that will have shot through into bottom of Div 9. :roll:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I had one (picked by the forum) that was building up to the top of Div 10 nice and slowly but it has picked up too much speed. Was sat 'perfectly' this morning (1 or 2 pts off top) but will have flown into Div 9 today where it will be nearly 60 points off the pace and therefore totally out of contention.

Got a few others which will be in 9 and 10 with 30 (or nearly) transfers. Maybe a couple in 7 and 8 with 24ish transfers.

A few fell short in Div 10 so will become weekly efforts.

Lets hope I play them all better than I have my season long teams.....

countbasie
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Group Stage Winner OFL EURO 2008. Top 1500 TFF 08/09 4th Week 3 TFC 2010. Winner Div 10 TFF 09/10 219TH Overall 09/10 TFF August winner of works FPL 2012/13. Won works Premier League on last kick of ball of 13/14 season in a league of 45.

Post by countbasie »

Out of my 22 teams only 2 have less then 20 transfers remaining. It just depends where in the divisions the teams end up. I could have at least 5 in top 1000 or in the 2nd division with a bit of luck.

This has been the part of the comp i've been waiting for as division 10 winner last season.

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnmc »

Yep I remember you winning last season Countbasie and I also recall that you were right up there in a few other divisions too. :!:
Don't suppose you want to give me any tips :?: :idea:

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnmc »

p.s. Murf you could post your tips too, just so I know which bandwagons to keep clear off. :lol: :lol:

countbasie
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Group Stage Winner OFL EURO 2008. Top 1500 TFF 08/09 4th Week 3 TFC 2010. Winner Div 10 TFF 09/10 219TH Overall 09/10 TFF August winner of works FPL 2012/13. Won works Premier League on last kick of ball of 13/14 season in a league of 45.

Post by countbasie »

johnmc wrote:Yep I remember you winning last season Countbasie and I also recall that you were right up there in a few other divisions too. :!:
Don't suppose you want to give me any tips :?: :idea:
In reality its too late now. When i realised my teams were off the pace i have hugged the tortoise. A lot of teams are dead in the water due to transfer wastage. My team which won div 10 so was around the 100,000 at divisional split ended in the top 300 overall.
I am certainly optimistic that i will have enough bullets left in the gun to win another divison but it does all depend on the split.
The thought of gaining promotion by a point on an injury time Albrighton assist will really hack me off. :oops:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

johnmc wrote:p.s. Murf you could post your tips too, just so I know which bandwagons to keep clear off. :lol: :lol:
Oi! I actually won a divisonal last year. I think I must have ignored everything I told myself......

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

How do you know what the cut-offs will be for each division?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

hancockjr wrote:How do you know what the cut-offs will be for each division?
10% of the teams will be in each division. Last count was 234000 teams(ish) so 23400 in each league. You can work out all the positions and points from that.

See my 'pick a team for January' TFF thread if you care to learn more. Alternatively just wait and see what tomorrow brings......

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

hancockjr wrote:How do you know what the cut-offs will be for each division?
Top 10% in Division 1
Next 10% in Division 2
Next 10% in Division 3 and so on.

Not sure how many teams are in the game, but should be able to work it out.

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnmc »

murf wrote:
johnmc wrote:p.s. Murf you could post your tips too, just so I know which bandwagons to keep clear off. :lol: :lol:
Oi! I actually won a divisonal last year. I think I must have ignored everything I told myself......
Murf I honestly didn't realise, or if I did, I didn't recall. Well Done Pal! No one is more deserving of winning a few quid for playing f.f.

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnmc »

Sweat on already. Got a team in 28,598 position on 753 points this morning, with 27 transfers left with Malouda, A. Young, Downing, Drogba, A. Cole( :D ) and Carroll( :D ) today. Praying it doesn't tip into the bottom of Division 1.

countbasie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by countbasie »

johnmc wrote:Sweat on already. Got a team in 28,598 position on 753 points this morning, with 27 transfers left with Malouda, A. Young, Downing, Drogba, A. Cole( :D ) and Carroll( :D ) today. Praying it doesn't tip into the bottom of Division 1.
I think you could be moving up plenty with that team, i'll be very surprised if thats not in top division.

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnmc »

countbasie wrote:
johnmc wrote:Sweat on already. Got a team in 28,598 position on 753 points this morning, with 27 transfers left with Malouda, A. Young, Downing, Drogba, A. Cole( :D ) and Carroll( :D ) today. Praying it doesn't tip into the bottom of Division 1.
I think you could be moving up plenty with that team, i'll be very surprised if thats not in top division.
5,000 positions and no more pleassssssseeeeeee. :?
Let's get that prayer mat out again. How may ff fathers should it take :?:

countbasie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by countbasie »

Most sides in top 30,000 would be looking at around 15pts as a low score today , Drogba,Malouda also suspect a few could have thrown Lampard in once seeing the teams.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

johnmc wrote:
murf wrote:
Murf I honestly didn't realise, or if I did, I didn't recall. Well Done Pal! No one is more deserving of winning a few quid for playing f.f.
Did you know "gullible" has been removed from the dictionary?

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnmc »

johnmc wrote:
countbasie wrote:
5,000 positions and no more pleassssssseeeeeee. :?
Let's get that prayer mat out again. How may ff fathers should it take :?:
Didn't stay in Div 2 unfortunetly finished up on 780 points in 18121st position. :twisted:
Seems to have been the ripple affect for many of my teams down through the leagues a lot have shot through and ended up at the bottom of the division above. :twisted:
The 2 worse divisions to end up at the bottom of though are div 1 and div 9, due to the wide points spread. Guess where a load of mine are. :roll:

Pasty
Dumbledore
FS Record: 32nd TFF 07/08 n Fiso 25s Champ

Post by Pasty »

How do we work out the amount of teams entered? Or better still just tell us :) thanks

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnmc »

Pasty wrote:How do we work out the amount of teams entered? Or better still just tell us :) thanks
Look at Murf's "pick a team for January" thread, in the main TFF fiso site. He's kept us all pretty much up to date with where the splits should take place. Roughly every 23,400 places.

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnmc »

Here's a run down of the amount of teams I've got in each division.
Division 1 -15 teams (if I win this one I'll party for the whole of the Summer)
Division 2 - 2 teams (not much hope here only half transfers left)
Division 3 - Nil
Division 4 - Nil
Division 5 - 4 teams :D :D
Division 6 - 1 team
Division 7 - Nil
Division 8 - 4 teams :D :D
Division 9 - 8 teams :D :D
Division 10 - 2 teams :lol:

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

Division 1 - 6 teams
Division 2 - 4 teams
Division 3 - Nil
Division 4 - 3 teams
Division 5 - 3 teams
Division 6 - 2 teams
Division 7 - 3 teams
Division 8 - 4 teams
Division 9 - 11 teams
Division 10 - 6 teams

I've had one near the top of division 3 for weeks, it's just slipped into division 2. As did half of my division 10 contenders (into division 9).
All have 20+ transfers left, (some on 30!)

Division 1 are season longs and so have no chance.

countbasie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by countbasie »

Think i've got 7 in div2 with 5 teams in between 25,000-30,000 a 7pt range. My other 2 would be more worth 3rd div candidates. However it looks like div2 should only have i would think a max of a 30-40pt range from 1st-last.

div 1 - 2
div 2 - 7
div 3 - 1
div 4 - 1
div 5 - 2
div 6 - 4
div 7 - 3
div 8 - 1
div 9 - 1

johnmc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnmc »

Sted,
Looks like Div 9 is going to be a hard fought competative battle, with many of us overshooting top of Div 10. I think many of us have ended up here with most having their full alloction of transfers intact.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

johnmc wrote:Sted,
Looks like Div 9 is going to be a hard fought competative battle, with many of us overshooting top of Div 10. I think many of us have ended up here with most having their full alloction of transfers intact.
This is why it should be points scored from now............

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:
johnmc wrote:
murf wrote:
Did you know "gullible" has been removed from the dictionary?
:?

Thanks John for the congratulations for my win which really did happen!
tff-division-11-t69193-35.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

murf wrote:I had one (picked by the forum) that was building up to the top of Div 10 nice and slowly but it has picked up too much speed. Was sat 'perfectly' this morning (1 or 2 pts off top) but will have flown into Div 9 today where it will be nearly 60 points off the pace and therefore totally out of contention.

Got a few others which will be in 9 and 10 with 30 (or nearly) transfers. Maybe a couple in 7 and 8 with 24ish transfers.

A few fell short in Div 10 so will become weekly efforts.

Lets hope I play them all better than I have my season long teams.....
first year playing this game & keep seeing this sort of number described as totally out of contention? is it really from everybody's experience? doesn't seem like to much to make up...

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

bigsheff wrote: first year playing this game & keep seeing this sort of number described as totally out of contention? is it really from everybody's experience? doesn't seem like to much to make up...
yep, a reflection of the seriousness with which people play this game and the level of competition....you would really need to pick the perfect team to come back from there.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Divisions”