To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Its a goal - Simulated football manager game

A forum for news on Simulated Football Management games.
rubikqube
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Yorkshire Post (Golf) MOM (x2) - Bunkered MOM (Aug 2012 - Won Letters Driver)

Its a goal - Simulated football manager game

Post by rubikqube »

Its a goal.

Simulated football manager game (just in time for the new season).
It's not easy to play as team development takes time and effort but you get great satisfaction when that promising youth player becomes a superstar.

Details of the beginners guid can be found in the "Online football management games" thread

http://www.itsagoal.com for details

Sape13
Cheetah

Re: Its a goal - Simulated football manager game

Post by Sape13 »

I played the game and quit some time ago.

I have to correct you though, promising youth players never become superstars in Itsagoal. All the best players there come from reset teams - the only superstars you will get from your own team are those who are there from the beginning.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

rubikqube
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Yorkshire Post (Golf) MOM (x2) - Bunkered MOM (Aug 2012 - Won Letters Driver)

Post by rubikqube »

Sape13 wrote:I played the game and quit some time ago.

I have to correct you though, promising youth players never become superstars in Itsagoal. All the best players there come from reset teams - the only superstars you will get from your own team are those who are there from the beginning.
I agree that most of the youth players don't get to the levels of the reset teams but it really does depend on the quality of your scouts and youth team coach.
If they are top notch you can get superstar youths but you need to build your manager and club ratings to a high level before you get to this stage (just like real life football, your not going to get the quality of a champions league youth team if you manage Wealdstone town).

rubikqube
Grumpy Old Man

Post by rubikqube »

Who do we have playing?
Anyone in the top 100?

Sape13
Cheetah

Post by Sape13 »

rubikqube wrote:

I agree that most of the youth players don't get to the levels of the reset teams but it really does depend on the quality of your scouts and youth team coach.
If they are top notch you can get superstar youths but you need to build your manager and club ratings to a high level before you get to this stage (just like real life football, your not going to get the quality of a champions league youth team if you manage Wealdstone town).
I am not talking about most don't get there, I am saying NONE get there. Take a look at the top teams and their players and tell me one player with fixed attributes in all 90's who comes from a youth academy? You won't find them. Period. They do not exist in the game.

If you doubt what i write, open a thread about it in the game and I will guarentee nobody can point to a all 90's fixed player from a youth academy although some know-it-alls undoubtly will make up one from their own academy which conviently isn't around anymore.

Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Its A Goal is a real challenge to succeed. Most of the Managers that have been around for a few seasons are good at this type of game. Requires patience and a Football brain, so it's not for everybody. You need to have a go, to find out if have got what it takes and join a select few :roll:
Last edited by Levrier on 27 Jul 2010, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

Sape13
Cheetah

Post by Sape13 »

rubikqube wrote:

I will add that the youth academy superstars did exist prior to a change in season number 2 (years ago), but since then the academies have never made 1 of them.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

rubikqube wrote:

Who do we have playing?
Anyone in the top 100?
Aside from spireiteontour who has been that high in the past, we are mainly new starters to xpert eleven. The Fiso League is now in season 6. From the season 1 players only spirey and higgi had any prior experience.

If you are looking to play a sim game with Fisoers, Xpert Eleven is pretty much the only game in town. Hope to see one or all of you joining us :D

Sape13
Cheetah

Post by Sape13 »

Levrier wrote:Its A Goal is a real challenge to succeed. Most of the Managers that have been around for a few seasons are good at this type of game. Requires patience and a Football brain, so it's not for everybody. You need to have a go to find out if have got what it takes and join a select few :roll:
The game has about 1,900 managers. Take away those who have 2 accounts. Take away those who come, play and don't hang around. Take away cheaters who operate with many accounts, they do get caught but not at once.

You will not have a big number of managers to compete vs, and its nothing to brag about to reach the top 100 in a game with so few.. It requires little more skill than just playing for some time.

rubikqube
Grumpy Old Man

Post by rubikqube »

Sape13 wrote:
Levrier wrote:Its A Goal is a real challenge to succeed. Most of the Managers that have been around for a few seasons are good at this type of game. Requires patience and a Football brain, so it's not for everybody. You need to have a go to find out if have got what it takes and join a select few :roll:
The game has about 1,900 managers. Take away those who have 2 accounts. Take away those who come, play and don't hang around. Take away cheaters who operate with many accounts, they do get caught but not at once.

You will not have a big number of managers to compete vs, and its nothing to brag about to reach the top 100 in a game with so few.. It requires little more skill than just playing for some time.

You seem quite upset about this game.
Any specific reason for this negativity?

Sape13
Cheetah

Post by Sape13 »

rubikqube wrote:
Sape13 wrote:

You seem quite upset about this game.
Any specific reason for this negativity?
Yes, it annoys me to see balant advertisments like you have done here. I like to see balanced reviews of games with both negatives and positives.

I've just tried to balance it, and I know enough about the game to do that.

rubikqube
Grumpy Old Man

Post by rubikqube »

Fair enough,

I agree the game has its faults but a few more active managers would help things along.

I wasnt aware that anyone on here was or had played the game and I just wanted to give people the opportunity to sample the game.

If its not for them, fair enough but unless I "Advertise" it they are not going to know about it.

I found out about the scotsman golf game from here and I really enjoy it but I would not have been aware without someone else advertising it. Same difference as far as I can see.

Apologies if I was tell people what they already knew

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

The heads up on the game is appreciated, from both of you. Hope to see you both enjoying the rest of the forum too.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

I still play Hattrick. Also just started even having a go at Soccer Stars on Facebook the last couple of days which is a very simplified version of the genre and no doubt will grow less interesting to me soon(Edit Footyville now). Started the present Hattrick team in Nov 2006 and only moved up one division in that time which is probably normal there. Also play Battrick the cricket version.

rubikqube
Grumpy Old Man

Post by rubikqube »

Just a small heads up in case anyone is interested.

The owners of the "Itsagoal" site, who had been absent in terms of support and development since season 2 (now on 24) have now made a re-appearance and are actively fixing bugs and planning development of the site.

There will be a merger of all the leagues and a deletion of many managerless teams starting at the beginning of next season (about 2 weeks).
Also, they have currently "Fixed" some bugs and display issues within the last month or so and they are promising to go on a recruitment drive over the coming months which has started with a facebook link.

============================================================

It will still be quite hard to play and not for the short term player.
The manager numbers are still low and have only grown slightly recently
Reset players are still the best way of getting top quality

(Balanced view ???)

Still early days but there may be some potential if they keep it going

ukmale
Kevin and Perry

Post by ukmale »

rubikqube wrote:Its a goal.

Simulated football manager game (just in time for the new season).
It's not easy to play as team development takes time and effort but you get great satisfaction when that promising youth player becomes a superstar.

Details of the beginners guid can be found in the "Online football management games" thread

http://www.itsagoal.com for details

•The game will be moving to a new domain name similar to the current itsagoal.com and details will be announced in time for the launch.

•New league structure with 5 divisions in each league.

•Shortened season from 70 days to 56 days.

•Each league will now be represented by a country along with their respective division names e.g. England - Premier League, Championship, League 1, etc. Germany - Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga, 3.Liga, etc.

•More player nationalities introduced with authentic indigenous names.

•Total potential stadium capacity reduced but increased to three tiers.

•Blind bidding introduced for a fairer transfer system. If you ask for a sell-on % fee, you'll get it. Relaxed transfer pricing for older players.

•More players available on the transfer market on a daily basis.

•Varied league match times - now at 12:00, 15:00 and 18:00 IAG time. Cup matches will be played at 3pm; friendlies and reserves at 10am.

•League matches now played on five days each week: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, with Cup matches on Wednesday and Saturday.

•Live match feeds which allow managers to experience their (or any) game live as it happens. Will you get a last minute winner? Can your fans bear the tension?

•There will be some changes to the IAG 'internal' systems e.g. match engine, finances, ratings etc. Only the Bosses know what these changes are so they are for everyone to discover.

• The Inter League Cup. This is a new cup competition which will be introduced from Season 2 exclusively for all teams who achieved promotion (or finished in the highest 6 positions of the top tier of their league) the previous season. There will be a separate cup at each divisional level.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Simulated Football Management games”