To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy NFL noob - some advice?

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
beglee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,420th FPL 07/08, FISO FPL league MOTM Nov 07

Fantasy NFL noob - some advice?

Post by beglee »

So im thinking of playing some fantasy NFL for the first time, have tried my hand at one or two other games/sports since joining FISO, and fancy a bit of this :)
Always had a vague interest in NFL (thanks to the early Madden games :D ) and would watch the odd Super Bowl but nothing more. Started watching it properly last year (finally had sky sports) and got into it quite a bit, so figured id dabble with some fantasy NFL this year.

I'd probably be best suited to a fantasy game akin to the fantasy (proper :wink: ) football games, rather than the small league and draft system that the NFL games seem to employ. Tried the PlayTheGame fantasy footy game last year that was similar in style to NFL with a draft to get players. Didnt really get into that one though once the draft was finished and the season was under way. So it faded quickly from my interest, even quicker for those i was up against in the league!

So can ye recommend a game to play? I don't have the greatest knowledge (i.e. eff all knowledge :) ) about the players & their positions (beyond the obvious superstars), but have a reasonable idea of the teams overall strengths from watching last year (although i'm sure they've changed with the NFL draft, trading etc in the meantime), so the simpler the game the better probably. I know there are games for NFL.com, ESPN and a Sky Sports game, but not sure which one(s?) to go for. Ill have a look around this forum in the next few weeks, before the season starts, but any recommendations/pointers would be appreciated.

And once im in you can all look forward to eating my dust! 8-) :lol:

crystal tips
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Fantasy NFL noob - some advice?

Post by crystal tips »

Have a look at this from NFL.Com.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/fantasy101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brimar
Wideboy

Post by Brimar »

If you want something that doesn't have a draft, where u prob need a bit more knowledge, and actually has a similar format to British Fantasy Football then your best bet is the one Shy run through nfluk.com. It usually appears on their site a week or so before the season so should be arriving soon.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

Sorry I see this thread late - not so regular here but if ya still looking for more games here are some links:-

You can start from Week 2 and they are free games,

Some ya can even join a league or buddies group too...

http://www.nfluk.com/games/fantasy-football/index.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://challengegames.nfl.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://football.nfl.com/splash/football/nfl/challenge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those four I think offer the best experience for a beginner as they are easy to get to grips with... yes three links but 4 different games total.

Just remember when signing up you have to put down a US state during registration as the games are ment to be for US citizens only - why games do this I don't know.. :roll:

dazedandconfused
Treebeard

Post by dazedandconfused »

bluelionman wrote:Just remember when signing up you have to put down a US state during registration as the games are ment to be for US citizens only - why games do this I don't know.. :roll:
I'm assuming these games have prizes which is the reason why they are limited to US citizens, it is related to their betting laws I believe.
:?

beglee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,420th FPL 07/08, FISO FPL league MOTM Nov 07

Post by beglee »

Ive signed up for the nfluk/skysports game, and I have a team for week 1. That should do me, it isn't too complicated and should keep me interested.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”