To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Mother of all RMTs (Ironfist's RMT thread)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Ljdrox
Treebeard

Re: The Mother of all RMTs (Ironfist's RMT thread)

Post by Ljdrox »

Morning IF.

What happens if Zaha does transfer because I will be over capacity of Chelsea players. Does the game force a change..

Hudson Odoi tempting.

Perdro or Jota that decision will be made after Charity Shield.

I have a real issue with Josh King.
Apart from that i love it.

Ljdrox

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Ljdrox wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 10:45 Morning IF.

What happens if Zaha does transfer because I will be over capacity of Chelsea players. Does the game force a change..

Hudson Odoi tempting.

Perdro or Jota that decision will be made after Charity Shield.

I have a real issue with Josh King.
Apart from that i love it.

Ljdrox
Good morning,

If Zaha does move to Chelsea and you end up with 4 Chelsea players, you can keep them. Though the first transfer you'll be allowed to do would be getting rid of one of them, before all other changes.

This HudsonO boy is something I only picked up here, on FISO and am not entirely convinced. It's a tough league and a bright 19yo is only a placeholder until the rest of the squad returns from holiday and such.

What's your issue with King? His fixtures are lovely and I don't expect Bournemouth or him to get me points by keeping CSs. I'll hazard a guess here and predict that he'll score as many as Arnautovic in the first 10GWs... or the first WC a bit before that.

Thanks
:)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Wb, hope all is sunny and and the nappies are heavy over there....

Haven't we been here before re H-O: what is a 4.5m Mid for? 2-3 points every week; or he may (not) get a few mins and may (not) get more than 1 point?

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Ironfist wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 07:51 Thanks Mav3rick & Ljdrox... have tinkered some more... and more... what fun :mrgreen:

There's a lot riding on the Zaha transfer now imho... if he moves to Chelsea, does Willian stay or go. If Zaha does move, that makes both him and Pedro a less enticing option. It also makes CPL much less attractive (re PVA), unless you fancy Benteke to which I can only recommend a straightjacket.

If Zaha does NOT move to Chelsea... then this is where I'm at atm...
Like that a lot. Is Bertrand worth the .5M over Cedric? Nowhere obvious I would spend it though.

Unconvinced with Hudson-Odoi, better to get him in a couple of weeks if he is playing than have to hold him until your 1st WC imo but given the price and ownership at the moment the damage is fairly low if the risk doesn't payoff.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 11:22 Wb, hope all is sunny and and the nappies are heavy over there....
Thanks :) was waiting for your comments - you are my official start of the season 'Green light'. Have been since my first season 9 years back :mrgreen:
It's bleeming hot, every day 32-37... but got a swimming pool at my new home, these last two weeks since the move, so chilling - is easier. As for nappies... long gone. The little ones are 4yo now, phew. 8-)

Haven't we been here before re H-O: what is a 4.5m Mid for? 2-3 points every week; or he may (not) get a few mins and may (not) get more than 1 point?
3pts is three times more than 1 point. Point me at a 4.5m steady starter which is worth keeping atm.
Cheers

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: Unconvinced with Hudson-Odoi, better to get him in a couple of weeks if he is playing than have to hold him until your 1st WC imo but given the price and ownership at the moment the damage is fairly low if the risk doesn't payoff.
Seems like a fairly low risk to take atm... though I'd listen to alternatives.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Nearly as hot as here, but no pool :( Blimey how time flies.....

Schndeirlin? re H-O I forgot to include the do you start or bench dilemma, if starting then who do you bench, and where spend the cash? With so many tempters in midfield, he seems a waste. Now if he were a Forward for FPL 8-)

ENEMY
Wideboy
FS Record: I have finished Top 10K in FPL in 16/17, inside 100K in 17/18, 3K in 18/19

Post by ENEMY »

Any update on Wood's injury?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

ENEMY wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 17:34 Any update on Wood's injury?

Woods been hit, Woods been hit!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM3fHmmHovg

Ljdrox
Treebeard

Post by Ljdrox »

What's your issue with King? His fixtures are lovely and I don't expect Bournemouth or him to get me points by keeping CSs. I'll hazard a guess here and predict that he'll score as many as Arnautovic in the first 10GWs... or the first WC a bit before that.

Thanks
I have no clue how they will line up.
King Wilson Defoe Mousset.

Tempted to do an Arnie to King swap now.
Ohhhh IronFist what have you done to me...

Ljdrox
Last edited by Ljdrox on 04 Aug 2018, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Ljdrox wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 14:34

Thanks
I have no clue how they will line up.
King Wilson Defoe Mousset.

Tempted to do an Arnie to King swap now.
Ohhhh IronFist what have you done to me...

Ljdrox
evil laugh.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ljdrox
Treebeard

Post by Ljdrox »

Now Im done for :shock: :shock:
Its all IF fault.

Ljdrox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

If it's any consolation (or warning...), I've got him in my team too... :)

Ljdrox
Treebeard

Post by Ljdrox »

Swapped Zaha for Him may regret that. :( :o

Ljdrox

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

rmt pre season 3.jpg

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Ironfist - I like it.

Prefer Richarlison to Siggy however.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Yay, welcome back!

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 20:38 Ironfist - I like it.
Thank you.

Prefer Richarlison to Siggy however.
I see this love for Richarlison and am not convinced [Not that Siggy is such an exciting option... it's all hopeful speculation.] . Why Richarlison? Better VFM? Bigger expectations? Please explain.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stemania wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 20:39 Yay, welcome back!
Ironfist wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 14:04 got a swimming pool at my new home,
Enough reason not to be so polite?

As above, I don't get H-O as a bencher, start or get a 2-3 point 4.5er that will play every match.

Rich vs Ziggy is kinda interesting: Everton are 5hite preseason, but should be good going forward, well kinda.... So Ziggy and set pieces or Rich and solo goals plus 1m. Oh, or Feo to really make you mad :lol:

Fixtures could say Tosun over Zaha who was out wide today on other side of Benteke to Schlupp ( 4.5m DEFENDER) or Arnie who has dodgy fixtures and a manager who could prefer Lil Pea in his 4-3-3?

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 21:02
Stemania wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 20:39 Yay, welcome back!
Ironfist wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 14:04 got a swimming pool at my new home,
Enough reason not to be so polite?
Apologies... did it sound or seem in any way impolite, I sincerely apologise.
You know by now that any FISOer arriving in Israel has a place to stay, at mine.
Also, the pool seems like a real hassle atm, what with my kids wanting to spend the whole summer in it, which means I'm shackled to the 'lifeguard' chair. :roll: :wink:

As above, I don't get H-O as a bencher, start or get a 2-3 point 4.5er that will play every match.
Who? ... they all look awful. H-O at least has some 'punt' allure in picking him...

Rich vs Ziggy is kinda interesting: Everton are 5hite preseason, but should be good going forward, well kinda.... So Ziggy and set pieces or Rich and solo goals plus 1m. Oh, or Feo to really make you mad :lol:
Just based on FISO love he's worth considering, nevermind the extra 1.0m.
But he has really disappointed or haven't proven himself worthy... yet. 6.5m is much for lots of hope.

Fixtures could say Tosun over Zaha who was out wide today on other side of Benteke to Schlupp ( 4.5m DEFENDER) or Arnie who has dodgy fixtures and a manager who could prefer Lil Pea in his 4-3-3?
If I'm convinced about the Siggy :arrow: Richarlison move that is where the extra 1m coming from...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

By polite I meant you adoring hoard :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: to life guard chair: either get in with them, or chain them up somewhere :?: 8-) Or tell them it is riddled with spiders or there is a monster....... There was a brilliant advert over here with Johnny Vegas. His "daughter" was complaining about not being able to sleep due to something abstract and his reply was: "you don't need to worry about them, it's the monsters in your wardrobe you need to worry about" or similar.

I'm confused (yes easily done 8-) )over Ziggy, Rich and the extra 1m tbh.

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

I also kept Richarlison for too long last season and he kept looking promising without delivering.

Nonetheless, I included him in my team for now due to Everton's fixtures and also regressing to the mean. He has severely underperformed and he will be in a better squad (somewhat). He's probably the best option at the 6.5m price point IMO. I also have Jota as a placeholder until Pogba is back.

Everton's pre-season results don't inspire confidence but the stats point to him having an improved season.

Here is an interesting article from Statsbomb: https://statsbomb.com/2018/07/in-defens ... -purchase/

Ljdrox
Treebeard

Post by Ljdrox »

Teams Looking good very similar key differences are . Have Firminho instead of Zaha and my defence suffers because of it.

Ljdrox

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Made a few changes following tonight's game...
20180806_003203.png

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Really like that, well balanced and the only punts are on the bench. I'd take a couple of days off tinkering and come back once the transfer window has closed.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Very good! The 343 version of my 442 team with only a few differences.

Hudson Odoi is good in theory but I feel a more consistent starter would be better? Or take his early minutes and a gamble and rely on tomkins and WB above him til your WC if he loses favour

Ljdrox
Treebeard

Post by Ljdrox »

This Thread Kills me.

6 / 11 match mine.

Richarlison over Sig.
Already mentioned i prefer to save the money but very little difference.

Key Difference
I have Firminho over Zaha
Costing me 2.5 Million.

Here is where you have spent.

Mendy over stones (Mendy will outscore)
Bailiy over Mee . ( You win again )
Jota over Cairney ( starting to see a pattern)

If these 3 out score.
Will they score more than the expected Extra bobby will get over Zaha.

IF giving me selection issues.

Can you delete this thread so I can sleep easy tonight.
PLEASE

Ljdrox

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Ljdrox wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 18:23 This Thread Kills me.

IF giving me selection issues.

Can you delete this thread so I can sleep easy tonight.
PLEASE

Ljdrox
You have no clue how lucky you are that it is poor little me who is giving you uneasy sleep.
I'm a fluffy little rabbit compared to some of the crueller older generation of FISOers that used to exist here...
Ask blahblah about Muzzinho or whatshisname Camel-something who reigned terror over us years back.
Geez... the creepy old days...
:mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 19:20 You have no clue how lucky you are that it is poor little me who is giving you uneasy sleep.
I'm a fluffy little rabbit compared to some of the crueller older generation of FISOers that used to exist here...
Ask blahblah about Muzzinho or whatshisname Camel-something who reigned terror over us years back.
Geez... the creepy old days...
:mrgreen:
Muzz was really funny, but his Avatar was shite. I wnated him in my Irritants 5AS team, with Hans, Robin and some other irritant :lol:

What happened to Camel-Toe? I thought he was OK as well :lol: Some long lost poster from his\her 5AS lot posted the other week.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Kinda tempted by another little transfer... can't decide whether it's tinkering or a strategic move...

Siggy & Zaha :arrow: Firmino & a 5.0m mid (McArthur/Jorginho/etc.)

Thoughts?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And start HO 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”