To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Mother of all RMTs (Ironfist's RMT thread)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Re: The Mother of all RMTs (Ironfist's RMT thread)

Post by Ironfist »

Well... Kolasinac that sack of utter sh1te ruined my BB chip plan, though it was only the BB chip ... still a positive gw in general.

Now I wish to get rid of my Watford assets; Holebas & Deeney. Three options on my radar...

A. Raul & Peltier
B. Barnes & Chilwell
C. TAA & Andone

I'm leaning towards balanced option B... suggestions?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Rondon and Chilwell 10.7

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Oxford NZ wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 06:23 Rondon and Chilwell 10.7
Have only 10.6m...

...though I really don't approve of Rondon. IMHO him and Deeney are made from the same cloth and both should be playing at the Championship...

Chilwell is definitely a good choice... but then I'm left with 5.6m for a striker...

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Not pimping for Rondon :) but I see the fixtures Newcastle have until season end and I see a player that will give value, both from the bench and reward when needed. Has a BGW fixture and he needs to fight for his future career. At 5.7 he is just affordable. I may be trying to talk myself into a -4 but I need a full reliable squad for the way I play. Do we spread the cash and try for coverage in the blanks or just have more primes to take up the slack with better than average points? Rondon could be my season pick as a defining moment ( one way or another) :mrgreen:

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Oxford NZ wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 07:25 Not pimping for Rondon :) but I see the fixtures Newcastle have until season end and I see a player that will give value, both from the bench and reward when needed. Has a BGW fixture and he needs to fight for his future career. At 5.7 he is just affordable. I may be trying to talk myself into a -4 but I need a full reliable squad for the way I play. Do we spread the cash and try for coverage in the blanks or just have more primes to take up the slack with better than average points? Rondon could be my season pick as a defining moment ( one way or another) :mrgreen:
I took a 10th time look at Rondon and I might be swayed to take him on board for a trial period :wink:
The next five GWs, he faces HUD, BUR, whu, EVE & bou , which might be a decent enough indication to whether he I better than the sordid image I have of him.
After that we're at GW32and the heftier chips come into play...

The other thing is that... I'm playing a 352 formation atm and Rondon as one of the two, looks weak... maybe if I Captain him for Huddersfield... :shock: :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Nowt wrong with him at the price..

It was a coin toss for my 3rd Fwd, but I think Mitro to will pip him over the rest of the season.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 12:33 Nowt wrong with him at the price..
It was a coin toss for my 3rd Fwd, but I think Mitro to will pip him over the rest of the season.
Had Mitro for a long while... he's a distinct 5th legion. Wouldn't take him on board even for free.

This is my team atm... going into GW27...

RMT GW27.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Just read the last few posts and realised I'm playing you in the Spring 16s super league this week!

My 6 points + Bennett vs your Jota.

I have Barnes as 3rd striker. He has been good lately, and has a GW31 fixture guaranteed.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

BobMem wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 12:47 Just read the last few posts and realised I'm playing you in the Spring 16s super league this week!
...just made me lose interest in this competition... I hate losing :cry: that league is too good for my abilities... :oops:

My 6 points + Bennett vs your Jota.
I think Jota is Joccki_10's responsibility... if it all goes wonky, I'm taking some of his points! :wink:

I have Barnes as 3rd striker. He has been good lately, and has a GW31 fixture guaranteed.
...and icky fixtures coming up. Though Yes, he has delivered well lately... good call.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Team for GW29... benching problems...

20190301_225148.png

Rondon v TAA v Doherty ... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thats a tough one, in your shoes I would play TAA and Doc. The captain choice is also tough.
In my shoes I am stuck with Rondon starting.
I may go Pogba captain and Aguero vc, at least one of us will be happy with our captain picks :-)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I'd play TAA and Son instead of Rondon and Antonio.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

The Mother of all RMTs (Ironfist's RMT thread)

Post by Joccki_10 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:I'd play TAA and Son instead of Rondon and Antonio.
Hmm, I’d play Antonio over Diop. What I definitely wouldn’t do is bench Son though. :wink:

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Re Defence... all my defenders have similar chance to keep a CS and gain some attacking points this GW. The only difference is in Form ... this leaving Doherty at the bottom of the pile but after his last few glaring misses, he is 'due'... isn't he? :roll:
TAA & Kolasinac are playing Away in tough (derby) games and this imho reduces their chances to do well despite their exploits recently.
All this left me weighing two issues; (Liverpool's) Mane's form and potential TAA assists versus Cardiff's defensive weakness and Deherty's need to redeem himself. IMHO Deherty is still lightly ahead due to Siggy's threat and the fact that TAA will have his hands full with Digne.

Antonio is in best form out of all his struggling mates and has better chances to score compared to all my other mids. Son I think is in trouble... since Kane's return he seems genuinely subdued. The only player who seems to offer a better guarantee in not performing is Rondon, thus I'm contemplating this Son v Rondon v TAA making another Mane assist.

Square One.
:(

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

You’re overthinking
- Wolves have the highest CS Chance this week. They’re frustrating but if you own him you have to play Doherty against Cardiff (I’m doubling up with Patricio and then hiding behind the sofa)
- You have Diop against Rondon. Take your Newcastle supporters hat off. If you think Newcastle will score, bench Diop. If you think WHam will keep a clean sheet, bench Rondon
- Backfill. Take Diop out, play TAA. Take Rondon out, play Son

There are of course other backfill options, but try it this way and if the solution feels wrong you’ll also have your answers

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 09:26 You’re overthinking
- Wolves have the highest CS Chance this week. They’re frustrating but if you own him you have to play Doherty against Cardiff (I’m doubling up with Patricio and then hiding behind the sofa)
- You have Diop against Rondon. Take your Newcastle supporters hat off. If you think Newcastle will score, bench Diop. If you think WHam will keep a clean sheet, bench Rondon
- Backfill. Take Diop out, play TAA. Take Rondon out, play Son

There are of course other backfill options, but try it this way and if the solution feels wrong you’ll also have your answers
But have Rondon as 1st Sub or you'll be a tad freaking furious when he scores, Kun stays on the bench and Diop brings his 1 point into your XI :wink:

Less flippantly: one reason I brought Doh and Per into my squad was to play them every GW as they both get a whack of points, but they aren't easily predicted. They are "set and forget" ie no thought involved 8-)

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Welll haven't made any changes... Son does F all and probably leaves my team tonight.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

GW32 - FH activated...
RMT GW32.jpg

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

How refreshing to see a FH team not have Aguero, Sterling, Pogba, Hazard as standard.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

raoul wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 19:40 How refreshing to see a FH team not have Aguero, Sterling, Pogba, Hazard as standard.
Slightly surprising those four are in my non-FH team. And nice I guess/hope.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

The only change I'm currently considering is downgrading Lindelof to a Wolves defender and then upgrading Pedro back to Pogba who is in my current team...

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Kept Lindelof, United have decent odds for at least one CS... though that being said United are extremely unreliable.
I did however swap Pedro :arrow: Milivojevic and Rashford :arrow: Jimenez ... with a more guaranteed game time, better form and pens.

Also torn between getting 1 stronger 5th, bench riding subs and 3 other duds or spreading those extra 0.9m over the bench for more guaranteed minutes.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Feeling adventurous (foolish) this morning...

Hazard & Jimenez :arrow: Pedro & Lukaku

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From the pic I was thinking Kane to Hig and Ped to Pog.

It's more for the latter than the former, as I'm not convinced by Chelsea tbh, but it should be a straight forward DGW.....

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Activated my WC... this is where it's at atm...
RMT GW33 wc.jpg

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

109pts this gw32 on my FH which is good enough.

Now on my wc and this is where my team is atm...
20190404_123743.png

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Don't you like any Brighton players for their double double?

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Holding for a Duffy goal, and only Duffy due to his VFM, might well result in a 4*2pts which seems like a waste of space.
I may well bring him in next GW, but it is not a priority.

This structure I have, is supposed to allow me a bit of versatility in the transfers I'd have to make to successfully cross the end of the season, however is Sun Tsu said: "Planning is everything, the Plan is nothing!"

I'd like to have another Citeh midfielder, maybe a United rep or a Wolves token... WCing now has been forced on my unstable team structure...

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Current team for GW35...
RMT GW35.jpg
Meh!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Tall Paul wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 12:25 Don't you like any Brighton players for their double double?
Yeah, good point. Get 3 and TC one of them 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”