To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

MHiggi's Revival

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
MHiggi
FISOhead

MHiggi's Revival

Post by MHiggi »

For some reason I ended up leaving 3.0m in the bank with my initial team selection. Gerrard instead of Kuyt would have been more sensible, among other possible changes.

Now to put it right, here's what we have to work with:

Clearly Zubar was an error (I blame my Wolves supporting friend for that one) but he might not be a priority transfer just yet.

I also have a full compliment for GW2 which means I'm not entirely sure what transfer to make, or if indeed I need to make any.

What do you think?
Last edited by MHiggi on 26 Aug 2019, 11:07, edited 3 times in total.

Red, White & Black
FISOhead
FS Record: I Know the Score FISO League Winner and 61st Overall 2010/11

Re: McTrinity Rangers 09/10

Post by Red, White & Black »

MHiggi wrote:Clearly Zubar was an error (I blame my Wolves supporting friend for that one) but he might not be a priority transfer just yet, especially as I have money to play with.

I also have a full compliment for GW2 which means I'm not entirely sure what transfer to make, or if indeed I need to make any.

What do you think?
What about losing one of your Wolves? Either Eblake who seems to join the injury club at least in the short term or the mentioned Zubar... you got the spare cash.

I'd lose Eblake as this leaves you a more flexible squad for GW2.
Maybe get Rodallega in for him, but it's up to you.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Red, White & Black wrote:
MHiggi wrote:Clearly Zubar was an error (I blame my Wolves supporting friend for that one) but he might not be a priority transfer just yet, especially as I have money to play with.

What do you think?
What about losing one of your Wolves? Either Eblake who seems to join the injury club at least in the short term or the mentioned Zubar... you got the spare cash.

I'd lose Eblake as this leaves you a more flexible squad for GW2.
Maybe get Rodallega in for him, but it's up to you.
Thanks for the reply RW&B, I've just spotted the SEB injury on another thread so I agree that that maybe is the way to go. Rodallega looks set to rise tonight so I'll probably get it done tonight.

And it still leaves me enough cash to do Kuyt :arrow: Arshavin/Fabregas which I think is what I had in mind when I picked this mob a couple of weeks ago.

Any other comments?

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I've just looked at Wigan's fixtures and I think I'm gonna hold off on the Rodallega transfer as I think I would end up benching him 5 games in a row after GW2. Benitez of Birmingham is another possible as he looked good in his brief appearance on Sunday.

I'm going to wait and decide tomorrow, and lose a possible price rise from Rodallega this week.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Hmmm, I'm no closer to an answer tonight. If I do take anyone out it will be SEB, but I'm not sold on any of the other options so I might hold fire and use 2 transfers next GW.

Jerome, Benitez, Rodallega or nobody. 1 hour to decide ...

Red, White & Black
FISOhead

MHiggi wrote:Hmmm, I'm no closer to an answer tonight. If I do take anyone out it will be SEB, but I'm not sold on any of the other options so I might hold fire and use 2 transfers next GW.

If you have a solid plan what to do with your free double transfer GW3 then stick to it. If you decide to make the transfer within the next 40 mins my choice would be Rodallega (bear in mind he already rose to 6.6)

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

MHiggi wrote:Hmmm, I'm no closer to an answer tonight. If I do take anyone out it will be SEB, but I'm not sold on any of the other options so I might hold fire and use 2 transfers next GW.

If you have a solid plan what to do with your free double transfer GW3 then stick to it. If you decide to make the transfer within the next 40 mins my choice would be Rodallega (bear in mind he already rose to 6.6)
Well I don't have a solid plan (but I'm sure I'll come up with something) and I think the fact that I missed out on the rise last night will see me be stubborn and hold fire.

After all this I bet he scores again, but at least I can comfortably field 11 in the mean time.

Red, White & Black
FISOhead

MHiggi wrote:

Well I don't have a solid plan (but I'm sure I'll come up with something) and I think the fact that I missed out on the rise last night will see me be stubborn and hold fire.

After all this I bet he scores again, but at least I can comfortably field 11 in the mean time.
That's probably the smartest option. And even if Rodallega scores again having use of two free transfers grants you advantage for GW3 over some who already used their free transfer in GW2 like myself :roll:

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I've wildcarded this week and this is what I've got so far:

Unfortunately that team is 1.8m over budget and I'm not sure of the best way to lose the money. There's quite a lot of money up front but Drogba and Jones have fantastic fixtures, whilst Defoe is in the form of his life.

Who is most expendable?

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

From the above which is best:

A.Cole :arrow: sub 5.2 (Distin)
or
Defoe :arrow: sub 7.0 (C.Cole)
or
Drogba :arrow: sub 8.9 (?)

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

OK, this is how I think I'm going to line up:

Any advance on that?

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

MHiggi wrote:Any advance on that?
I'm now considering whether to bring Gerrard in for Lennon (I would obviously have to sacrifice Drogba for a <6.2m striker to achieve this and nobody under this price stands out for me).

And yes, I realise I'm talking to myself!

roneilc
FISOhead

Post by roneilc »

i considered doing lennon :arrow: gerrard
and
drogba :arrow: cheapo sub striker

because I think the gerrard-lampard combo may work out good in the future gameweeks, i say go for it as drog's fixtures are harder the next few GW's

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I've taken very little care in my selections this season and despite playing my wildcard not too long ago I'm still not satisfied. I've got 2 free transfers to play with this week so I'm looking at a few different pairs of players.

This is what we're working with, any suggestions?

Gerrard to Arshavin looks likely and saves me a couple of million, enough to bring in Van Persie for Defoe.

Any comments welcome :D

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I'm looking at making 3 transfers over the next 2 weeks, so I'll be incurring a 4 point hit regardless of which combination I eventually choose. At the moment I will be losing my injured trio of G.Johnson, Lennon and Milner in order to bring in Lampard and 2 others.

G.Johnson (7.8) :arrow: Gibbs (4.5)
Milner (7.1) :arrow: Dempsey (6.2)
Lennon (7.8) :arrow: Lampard (12.5)

Assuming they are my 3 transfers I can't get Lampard in without doing both of the other two, and I don't want an 8 point hit for a game against Utd.

So now all I need to decide is whether I do 0, 1 or 2 transfers this week, and which defender/midfielder combo I want for 10.9 or less (with Lampard's price rise it will have to be less).

Johnson out is a must with his drop in price looming, and Gibbs is immediately appealing. I could however go for Hughes/Paintsil ahead of Fulham's double.

I suppose my 2nd transfer can wait until I know whether Milner/Lennon will feature at the weekend, but Dempsey could do alright against Wigan anyway.

I'm glad I've written all that out, it's a bit clearer in my head now. Thanks for reading if you've got this far.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

You should go with all 3 substitutes incurring the 8 points hit.

It's an awful idea but your team is in a bit of a crisis. Milner and Lennon are doubtful if not pants and Fulham's DGW plus FFL's prospects look good. Dempsey is a great idea, although Ballack instead of FFL should also be contemplated.

You should also do away with Johnson but definitely not Gibbs. This recent fad doesn't appeal to me at all. Get a nice 4m defender like Bikey/Mears. Only because your midfield needs strengthening you should concentrate your efforts there otherwise I'd say that no team is complete without a Vermalelen.

Good luck
:)

Angry Alien
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Angry Alien »

i agree take 8 point hit.
remember that DGW players will usually get the points back for you.

in the end follow your gut feeling

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Well I didn't expect to get that advice, but I appreciate it guys, thanks. I thought most people on here tried to avoid point hits, as I do, but you've got me thinking again.

I don't think it's quite a crisis just yet, as I can name a starting XI so I'm pretty settled on doing 2 transfers this week and getting Lampard the following week, which would mean my starting line-up this week is:

Sorenson (Hull a)

Distin (WHam a)
Bridge (Burnley h)
Dunne (Bolton h)
:arrow: 4.5m Defender

Fabregas (c) (Wolves a)
O'Hara (Blackburn a)
:arrow: 6.2m Midfielder

Drogba (soap h)
Van Persie (Wolves a)
Bent (Spurs a)

Bench: Hart, Turner (Spurs a), Hunt (Stoke h), Milner.

If I was to take your advice that would mean Lampard would come in and have to score 4 more than whoever I bench instead (O'Hara/Distin). Certainly possible but a bit of a risk.

I'll have another think, but thanks for the input so far!

Angry Alien
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Angry Alien »

MHiggi wrote:Well I didn't expect to get that advice, but I appreciate it guys, thanks. I thought most people on here tried to avoid point hits, as I do, but you've got me thinking again.

I don't think it's quite a crisis just yet, as I can name a starting XI so I'm pretty settled on doing 2 transfers this week and getting Lampard the following week, which would mean my starting line-up this week is:

Sorenson (Hull a)

Distin (WHam a)
Bridge (Burnley h)
Dunne (Bolton h)
:arrow: 4.5m Defender

Fabregas (c) (Wolves a)
O'Hara (Blackburn a)
:arrow: 6.2m Midfielder

Drogba (soap h)
Van Persie (Wolves a)
Bent (Spurs a)

Bench: Hart, Turner (Spurs a), Hunt (Stoke h), Milner.

If I was to take your advice that would mean Lampard would come in and have to score 4 more than whoever I bench instead (O'Hara/Distin). Certainly possible but a bit of a risk.

I'll have another think, but thanks for the input so far!
Not necessarily. if for instance you took a Blackburn defender and a Fulham Midfielder in preparation for the DGW you would probaby get 4 point back atleast !! on them 2 players.

quite few are doing this ( 1 guy has got 6 players from WHU and Villa for tonights DGW)

it's worth mulling :idea:

Plus it's looks a good time to get FFL as he has hit form and there is another price rise looming :idea:

Angry Alien
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Angry Alien »

I have just looked at your FPL Link your only 10 points behind me, So go with your GUT

As i'm a good not in a position to give you advice??

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Any advice is always welcome :)

Now I've got 2 decisions left to make:

1.) which defender to transfer in (4.7 max). Pantsil (4.7)/Hughes (4.6) of Fulham for their double, Mears (4.0)/Bikey (4.1) of Burnley or A.N.Other.

2.) do I transfer Lampard in this week? Saves me 0.1m if I do it before his price rise but it costs 4 points and he's playing Utd this week.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

1. Fulham defenders have not impressed me this season while Bikey & Mears are good going forward and if they do... most likely will experience more price rises.

2. Wait with FFL... not necessary. Consider Ballack, use the difference to upgrade elsewhere.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Ironfist wrote:1. Fulham defenders have not impressed me this season while Bikey & Mears are good going forward and if they do... most likely will experience more price rises.

2. Wait with FFL... not necessary. Consider Ballack, use the difference to upgrade elsewhere.
That is actually my thinking at the moment Ironfist. I'm mainly considering Fulham defenders because of the upcoming double GW, but they do have 6 good games coming up as well. If I had the choice I'd prefer Hangeland because he gets bonus points but alas that's out of my price range for what I have planned.

Other options are Bramble (Wigan, 4.4), Chimbonda (Blackburn, 4.4) or proper bargain basement players at Hull, Wolves or Birmingham.

I'm starting to lean towards Mears, ahead of his return to City no less.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I've got 6.1m which is earmarked for Milner :arrow: Lampard.

That leaves me 0.6m which could potentially be used to upgrade elsewhere.

My defence (like most peoples) is struggling so bonus magnets like Dunne seem the way forward for steady points.

Bridge is unfortunately the weakest and most expensive so a swap to Shawcross could be on the cards. Or Hangeland with a double GW coming up, and some nice fixtures after that too. He likes a bonus point or two as well.

What do you think to Bridge :arrow: Hangeland for a 4-point hit?

Then I'd line up with:

Sorensen

Hangeland (x2), Distin (x2), Dunne

Lampard (c), Fabregas, Dempsey (x2), Hunt (x2)

Drogba, van Persie, Bent

Bench: Hart, Mears, O'Hara, Turner

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

After reading this thread Bridge :arrow: Ivanovic looks quite appealing, even if it's for a 4-point hit...

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

And now with Lampard out for a while I'm glad that I held off on that transfer!

It does mean I've got 6.1m burning a hole in my FPL-pocket, what do I do with it?!

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

RVP :arrow: AN Other this week. Hold fire on Drogs - he might make the game and you'd feel stupid if you transferred him out and banged in a hat-trick. So that's a "wait and see" for me. Eduardo is an obvious replacement but I don't like the look of their future fixtures without RVP.

I might want to go for a RVP :arrow: Rooney however.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Yes, Rooney probably is the best choice up front at the moment, but I'm not allowed to transfer in any Utd players so I'll have to keep looking elsewhere. Van Perise :arrow: Eduardo looks as good as any, but that means I'll have 8.8m left over and that must be put to better use!

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I've not had the internet for the last few days and I've also not been able to follow the injury news. I need to make my transfers) tonight, any help would be great!

Van Persie out is a given, Anelka is a possible, as are Saha (double) and Eduardo.

Then of course there is the 8m I have to spare!

Answers on a postcard. Thanks

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Can anybody help me spend my 6.4m this week?!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”