To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW11 Bench Boost?

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

GW11 Bench Boost?

Post by Hotpot »

Looking at a lot of FPL squads that are posted, GW11 seems to be offering favourable fixtures for a lot of the teams that feature in most line ups.

None of the 'big 6' are playing each other so any of their players can start as you'd expect. In addition and a lot of popular enablers have very playable fixtures -

Bournemouth v Man Utd
Arsenal v Wolves
Aston Villa v Liverpool
Brighton v Norwich
Man City v Southampton
Sheffield Utd v Burnley
West Ham v Newcastle
Watford v Chelsea
Crystal Palace v Leicester
Everton v Spurs

I imagine a lot of teams will have players on the bench that could score well so is this a time to consider the BB option?

Last year I ended up with too many chips to use in the last 7 weeks of the season and this might be a chance to avoid a repeat.

I guess the main sticking point for most will be the 4.0GK spot but we have a few weeks to plan for that. There are also Champs league games in the midweek following GW11 that might need to be considered.

Anyone else think this the GW11 BB is a viable option :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: GW11 Bench Boost?

Post by Mav3rick »

I've (very briefly) considered GW9 for a BB as I currently have a playing sub keeper (McGovern) and Rico has a decent fixture. However it would be reliant on bringing in Connolly for Greenwood and on all the flags on Cantwell, Salah and KDB vanishing so there's not much I can do until all the pressers are in.

Using a transfer on Connolly would have to make sense for my squad, if it does then I'll consider using a BB but the tail can't wag the dog :D

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

I'm having some serious second thoughts on this weeks planned transfers of Salah and Greenwood :arrow: Vardy and Maddison.

One of the things in favour of doing it is it clears up the Greenwood problem for any potential bench boost. But I'm wondering if its stupid to even factor that in given so much can happen in 2 weeks? I'd have to use a transfer to swap Button and I might even need to take a hit to upgrade him.

I'll sleep on it for a night or two.

:D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Hotpot wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 17:52 I'm having some serious second thoughts on this weeks planned transfers of Salah and Greenwood :arrow: Vardy and Maddison.

One of the things in favour of doing it is it clears up the Greenwood problem for any potential bench boost. But I'm wondering if its stupid to even factor that in given so much can happen in 2 weeks? I'd have to use a transfer to swap Button and I might even need to take a hit to upgrade him.

I definitely wouldn't make those two transfers if one of the big reasons for doing so is a BB - you simply won't be able to guarantee that it's workable in 2 GWs time.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

Mav3rick wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 17:59
Hotpot wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 17:52 I'm having some serious second thoughts on this weeks planned transfers of Salah and Greenwood :arrow: Vardy and Maddison.

I definitely wouldn't make those two transfers if one of the big reasons for doing so is a BB - you simply won't be able to guarantee that it's workable in 2 GWs time.
Its not a big reason. The plan was lose Salah for the tougher fixture run, then swap Sterling to Salah/Mane in 3or4 weeks time.

Now we're getting closer to the deadline, Salah has had a rest, Utd have injuries/look shite and I'm having second thoughts and can't decide - I'm kinda hoping the press conferences throw up a curveball that will help with the decision.

I'll probably just get pissed tomorrow and make a really confident decision.

Then regret it on Saturday :lol:

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Hotpot wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 18:06 I'll probably just get pissed tomorrow and make a really confident decision.
A time honored FPL strategy :lol: :lol: . One of my mates in my ML takes several hits a year doing this.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”