To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

noelix's RMT/blog thread

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
noelix
Treebeard
FS Record: Nothing of note

Re: noelix's RMT/blog thread

Post by noelix »

Well that's true! Not making the moves this week, so I still have some time to think things over.

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Given Chelsea have ARS, lei, MNU, TOT from GW24-27, another option could be to ship out Abraham for Firmino, do Sterling to one of Salah or Mane, and keep hold of KdB ...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: ↑04 Jan 2020, 16:20 Take it from me. You’ll have the same dilemma deciding which one to captain if you have both!
That's cheered him up no end πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

noelix wrote: ↑07 Jan 2020, 10:25 Given Chelsea have ARS, lei, MNU, TOT from GW24-27, another option could be to ship out Abraham for Firmino, do Sterling to one of Salah or Mane, and keep hold of KdB ...
That fixture run is hellish and we have Bayern Munich 3 days after Spurs.

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

blahblah wrote: ↑07 Jan 2020, 11:31
Smurphy's Paw wrote: ↑04 Jan 2020, 16:20 Take it from me. You’ll have the same dilemma deciding which one to captain if you have both!
That's cheered him up no end πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Hahaha yes after I read that I did consider the nuclear option of "delete team and get a new hobby"! πŸ˜‚

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

math! wrote: ↑07 Jan 2020, 14:23
noelix wrote: ↑07 Jan 2020, 10:25 Given Chelsea have ARS, lei, MNU, TOT from GW24-27, another option could be to ship out Abraham for Firmino, do Sterling to one of Salah or Mane, and keep hold of KdB ...
That fixture run is hellish and we have Bayern Munich 3 days after Spurs.
Yeah also a good point, I always forgot to consider CL/EL weeks in my planning!

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Not much fun doing this after a bad gameweek, but the show must go on! My ten men limped to a score of 45, going out of the cup in the process. My opponent had KdB captained so after Saturday my only hope was a big score from Sterling … that went well. It's a horrible GW rank of 6.1m and a nasty red arrow of 73k to an OR of 181k, down 120k from Boxing Day. Sick of Danny Ings scoring "against" me so I've already brought him in for Jimenez. May regret it but we live and learn. I'm now leaning towards TAA+Mane+Bobby for my GW24 (and beyond) LIV combo. Will need a -4 either this week or next but I think that should pay off. May yet use a second FT this week to help ensure I have enough funds for my desired triple-up, even with some price changes.
GW22.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Second FT done - Ramsdale -> McCarthy before a possible price rise tonight. I was looking at Guilbert -> Williams, but with Man U playing Liverpool this GW it would have been swapping 3rd sub for 3rd sub so I decided the GK issue was more pressing. Ramsdale is flagged and even if he plays I no longer have confidence in Bournemouth to keep a clean sheet against anyone really. The downsides are that I either need a -8 next week to sort my DGW team and improve my defence, or unless Guilbert or Rico win their place back IRL by then I'll be starting Lundstram against Man City (assuming he hasn't lost his place in the SU team, which has been rumoured and would potentially leave me with only 2 starting defenders in my squad). But I'll cross those bridges when I come to them - I'm happier now with my team for this GW and I have a plan to get my Liverpool 3 for next GW, so that will do for now.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC KΓΆln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Hi
Do you have a source for those Lundstram rumours?

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Hey, nothing concrete or official (as tends to be the case with rumours haha), just comments from Sheffield United fans on Twitter really, that's he's looked a bit tired and off form and that Besic has looked good when he's had a chance, e.g. the replies here - https://twitter.com/HinduMonkey/status/ ... 88672?s=20

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I rated Besic at Everton, but it didn't work out for some reason....

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Yeah he was at Hamburg when I was living there and there were high hopes for him but he never broke through there either.

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Having another nightmare gameweek which will see me at OR 250k if I'm lucky and maybe a fair bit worse. Going to make sure the Liverpool options get through tomorrow unscathed before I make my DGW moves though. What I'm asking myself is - the plan was to bring in Firmino and Mane and TC the latter, but since I now have ground to make up should I go for the riskier option and bring in Salah instead of Sadio? Anyone any thoughts on that?

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

GW23 was one of those that I just have to laugh about how bad it was. I brought in Ings (captain blank) for Jiminez (scored twice) and had 10 points from Grealish stuck on my bench while 10 of my 11 blanked and Trent's points barely put a dent in my rank - a horrific total score of 29 (GW rank 6.5m) and unsurprisingly a hefty red arrow of 113k down to 294k OR, meaning my rank has almost quintupled since Boxing Day. I've brought in Salah and Firmino to replace Sterling and Abraham for a -4 and am currently planning to TC Salah. Hopefully the IVF treatment of Ings, Vardy, Firmino will be a potent combination up front and provide fertile ground for a rank climb. But not getting my hopes too high after how disappointing January has been so far!
GW23.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

As a yang to your yin: my lot were 1.4m after GW18 and are now 267k.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Your team looks a lot like my team... (minus Gazzaniga and Salah)
GW23.PNG

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

noelix wrote: ↑20 Jan 2020, 12:08 GW23 was one of those that I just have to laugh about how bad it was. I brought in Ings (captain blank) for Jiminez (scored twice) and had 10 points from Grealish stuck on my bench while 10 of my 11 blanked and Trent's points barely put a dent in my rank - a horrific total score of 29 (GW rank 6.5m) and unsurprisingly a hefty red arrow of 113k down to 294k OR, meaning my rank has almost quintupled since Boxing Day. I've brought in Salah and Firmino to replace Sterling and Abraham for a -4 and am currently planning to TC Salah. Hopefully the IVF treatment of Ings, Vardy, Firmino will be a potent combination up front and provide fertile ground for a rank climb. But not getting my hopes too high after how disappointing January has been so far!
Or you could just get Wood up front?

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Stu255 wrote: ↑20 Jan 2020, 12:54 Your team looks a lot like my team... (minus Gazzaniga and Salah)

GW23.PNG
True! Almost identical apart from the ones who got you points :lol:

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

blahblah wrote: ↑20 Jan 2020, 12:23 As a yang to your yin: my lot were 1.4m after GW18 and are now 267k.
Thanks blah I feel better now :lol:

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: ↑20 Jan 2020, 13:47
noelix wrote: ↑20 Jan 2020, 12:08 GW23 was one of those that I just have to laugh about how bad it was. I brought in Ings (captain blank) for Jiminez (scored twice) and had 10 points from Grealish stuck on my bench while 10 of my 11 blanked and Trent's points barely put a dent in my rank - a horrific total score of 29 (GW rank 6.5m) and unsurprisingly a hefty red arrow of 113k down to 294k OR, meaning my rank has almost quintupled since Boxing Day. I've brought in Salah and Firmino to replace Sterling and Abraham for a -4 and am currently planning to TC Salah. Hopefully the IVF treatment of Ings, Vardy, Firmino will be a potent combination up front and provide fertile ground for a rank climb. But not getting my hopes too high after how disappointing January has been so far!
Or you could just get Wood up front?
In hindsight that would certainly have been the more economical option! IVF is expensive and there's no guarantee of success ...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

noelix wrote: ↑20 Jan 2020, 13:50
blahblah wrote: ↑20 Jan 2020, 12:23 As a yang to your yin: my lot were 1.4m after GW18 and are now 267k.
Thanks blah I feel better now :lol:
I knew I could help your morale 😎😎😎

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Ricardo's performance has dragged me to an above-average GW score even with my -4, so the next two games feel somewhat season-defining. IF my TC Salah bangs and Mane stays relatively quiet it could be a really healthy green arrow, IF the opposite happens the chips will quite literally be down. Squeaky bum time!

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

noelix wrote: ↑23 Jan 2020, 12:38 Ricardo's performance has dragged me to an above-average GW score even with my -4, so the next two games feel somewhat season-defining. IF my TC Salah bangs and Mane stays relatively quiet it could be a really healthy green arrow, IF the opposite happens the chips will quite literally be down. Squeaky bum time!
I genuinely felt bad for the Mane TCers when he went off, but I can't deny I'm chuffed with Salah's points vs West Ham. Good luck rather than skill, I don't mind admitting - if my OR had been higher (top 100k) going into this DGW I'm quite sure I would have gone with Mane over Salah as the "safer" option, so maybe the end OR would even have ended up similar either way. Anyway, the way things turned out was a total score of 102(-4), which means a gameweek rank of 22k and a 187k green arrow up to an OR of 107k, which I'm obviously very happy with. Would have been cool to break 100 after transfers, but that's a bit like crying over a drop of spilt milk with a bottle of champagne in your hand. They say that IVF often doesn't work out first time, but patience is a virtue and at least my Liverpool threesome gave me a 69, so with Vardy probably fit and no LEI blank in GW28, I think I'm going to roll my FT this week and see where we are after that.
GW24.JPG

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

I'm worryingly reliant on my Liverpool trio at the moment, but at least it seems I picked a good three! 49 of my 61 points came from the Reds, giving me a GW rank of 1.4m which was enough for a 10k green arrow back into the top 100k overall (97,505 to be precise).
GW25.JPG
Decided Lundstram would go this week and was going to bring in O'Connell as I think he has slightly more attacking threat than Egan, but in the end I decided that 0.1 might make the difference for the transfers I have my eye on in coming weeks, so Egan it is. Currently planning to save my other transfer, but will see if anything happens between now and the deadline.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

We’re all worryingly reliant on Liverpool at the moment. Fortunately they have been reliable!

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Well I'm glad that's finally over. 60 points (GW rank 3m) is a respectable score, but only enough for a slight 7k red arrow to 104k OR. Having decided to stick with my three Leicester boys through to the end of this tough run, I just need to decide which of them I start vs City. I have two FTs and am thinking of bringing in a Burnley defender to finally replace Guilbert (probably Taylor as the cheapest regular) and bringing in Traore for Grealish (Jack has been great, but so has Adama and the upcoming fixtures contrast is huge), not pulled the trigger on either yet, though. Most likely Pereira will be benched since City always score, but they do concede a few (maybe fewer with Laporte returning to fitness though?) so I think I will give Maddy and Vardy (yet) another chance to impress. I'm tempted to captain TAA as I really can't see WHU scoring, giving him a theoretic base score of 6, with a good chance of an attacking return too. But given EO, that will probably leave me hoping Salah doesn't haul against West Ham, which doesn't sound fun or too likely ...
GW26.JPG

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

In the end I went with the Trent captaincy, and, although my logic was flawed (the "almost guaranteed" CS 6-point base didn't happen), the attacking returns did come and it turned out to be the highest-scoring option in my team, so happy about that. On Saturday I was up to about 80k after pretty much everyone had a bad day and I got Southampton and Burnley clean sheets. On Sunday I was praying for something good from Traore and that not too many of Martial, Jimenez, Aubameyang, Richarlison and DCL would score - so either there is no God, or he hates me! That knocked me back down to 115k, but after the Liverpool match I finished the gameweek with 54 points (GW rank 1.7m) and a fun-size 3k green arrow to an OR of 101k.
GW27.JPG
I had been planning a boring transfer of Rico to a Wolves defender, but last night I had the idea of a -4 to do KdB to Mane and Firmino to Jimenez or Jota. Pros: the Wolves boys are flying at the moment, Mane looks more dangerous than Bobby, and Kev blanks in GW28 anyway. Cons: City may yet have a DGW in GW29 (though not a very attractive one), have a better fixture than Pool in GW30, and I have quite a lot of value in de Bruyne and will want him back in GW33 (probably on WC). Will wait until after the EL matches to make a decision. Will also be keeping an eye on Wolves to see whether Traore is just being managed after his shoulder injury or has actually lost his place in their adjusted formation. Will likely give him the Spurs game to see and then reassess.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Great call on TAA this week πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

noelix
Treebeard

Post by noelix »

Stevieste wrote: ↑25 Feb 2020, 14:03 Great call on TAA this week πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
Cheers Stevie, always nice when a bit of a gamble pays off, can't say I enjoy the feeling of captaining a defender though! Definitely helped my nerves that he got an assist before the first goal they conceded.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

noelix wrote: ↑25 Feb 2020, 14:10
Stevieste wrote: ↑25 Feb 2020, 14:03 Great call on TAA this week πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
Cheers Stevie, always nice when a bit of a gamble pays off, can't say I enjoy the feeling of captaining a defender though! Definitely helped my nerves that he got an assist before the first goal they conceded.
Its a shame he had that 3rd assist disallowed as i wanted that to count for my Captain.

Safe to say ive not benefited from one VAR decision so far this season 😫

Good luck for the rest of the season, especially with your ballsy captain picks πŸ‘πŸ»

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFPL Team Diaries & RMTs”