To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sensible blah?

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Sensible blah?

Post by blahblah »

Here is my current musing, whoch while a lil leftfield could be sensible :lol:

Fabianski top Save maker and hey ho WHam should be less erratic in Pelle's 2nd Season? On a slightly deeper note I have a shortlist of Pickford and de Gea :shock: Pickford has been discarded due to today's FISO knee jerk about Gueye leaving Everton and them only having Keane and Holgate as CB's (Mina has a Gambling Case and facing a ban as well as being pants, allegedly. de Gea is my leftfield pick as he is a top saver too, and maybe they can get more than last season's 7 CS's: but maybe Shaw is a better choice as my big thing this season is comparing the possible attacking points of a Def vs the Saves of the GK, which isn't something that I have to worry about with WHam.
4m not Button With the cavlier Potter (is that his name?) I don't see the defence of last season and the mass exodus from Ryan\Button could easily trigger a drop, but I am o expert on such matters.

Laporte
VvD
Robbo
TAA
I am after an uber defence :lol: I think Laporte's attacking points make him a beteer choice than Walker and the other 2 places are unreliable. Obviously the Lpool 3 are a tad controversial, but a blah answer is that it hurt my head to only pick 2 and the serious one is that I am far from convinced that the attacking trinity will take time to get regular starts and fire... Hopefully while not firing they will stop Norwich and the others from counter attacking with any conviction.... A spanking in the CS could well see a very conservative match plan vs Norwich?
Holebas Currently a place holder who I could well run with. They have good fixtures and usually start well and with 1m itb I can easily upgrade....

VC KdB
Capt Sterling
Only 1 Citeh Defender means 2 Attackers. KdB is just too cheap to ignore, imho, and I find the "he was shite last season" and he is injury prone" rather comical tbh. I can't say that I am that keen on Sterling, but he is an easier pick with Kun only just back and likely to get reduced minutes so Sterling could play up top for a bit.
Richarlison a one man band who has started all, well OK both, his Prem seasons on fire while iggy is still making love with his ego. A no-brainer for me.
Dendoncker and Hayden 4.5m 2nd and 3rd Subs who should both play.....

King
Woods
Pukki
2 Play and the other is first Sub depending on their matches. They have interesting fixtures and Pukki and Wood until the season is on the way settling down and Wesly, Giroud and the others make a case for inclusion. Pukki is one I should probably shift, but I have this semi obsession about New H in GW2.... But a goalat Anfield than a blank has fate written all over it :?

As above I have 1m itb so there is some wiggle room.....

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Sensible blah?

Post by Stemania »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 20:30 Sensible blah?
Oxymoron? :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stemania wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 20:39
Yep, good spot 8-)

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

An oxymoron sounds like a really big moron, like an ubermoron? I felt that was a little harsh :D

blah your sensible team is very similar to mine, so is inherently sensible.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 21:10
An oxymoron sounds like a really big moron, like an ubermoron? I felt that was a little harsh :D

blah your sensible team is very similar to mine, so is inherently sensible.
I thought an oxymoron was almost a contradiction hence sensible and blah 8-)

Jeepers I am many things, but a moron :shock: :shock: :shock:

I did start with Kane and no Sterling; and really like the idea of permabanding Robbo or TAA if they go as well as last season and then spreading the Sterling cash with another Citeh Defender in situ.

The big problem that I have is if Mount\Martial\Tieleman et al start firing before Rich fades.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

As the captain said "hes glad its all over" :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SUZYKINS wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 07:00 As the captain said "hes glad all over" :mrgreen:
Happy Talkin' wasn't it :lol:

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

I was beaten to react on this thread title ridiculousness... so I'll leave it at that.

Your team however has one major drawback imho... if Citeh play well and Kane or Auba or even Vardy become essential, it will be difficult with your current structure to make direct swaps. You'll need 3-4 transfers or usage of your WC to solve this.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Like the way you think Blah. Fabianski, Pukki (because, target Newcastle), Sterling(c) in place of Salah.. I've considered all of these. And Holebas is my D4

Is it possible Fabianski's price would rise right from GW 1 (esp if he does well)? Never thought that way tbh..

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

My new Meds are quite good :lol: :lol:

Is there a missing not after Citeh?

I did start off with no Sterling and with Kane, but the Citeh LB carnage left me with Walker and Kane, which is far from far fetched and Kane waas goal hanging, although drifting wide last night vs RM. Auba was a brief temptation\thought for the first 2 GW's then a transfer to KAne for GW3, but I am not sure about planning one. That typed this is kinda set up as season long, bar Holebas, when Rich fades, and the front 3, where there could be a lot of options for 2 starting spots?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Hmm I have Auba and no Sterling, only one Citeh (love that word btw, that's what I call them now) in KdB.

Having premium striker spot makes it easier to not have Sterling, because I can tell myself I'll get Aguero in GW 4. Will probably end up WCing before that

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 09:44 Like the way you think Blah. Fabianski, Pukki (because, target Newcastle), Sterling(c) in place of Salah.. I've considered all of these. And Holebas is my D4 Image

Is it possible Fabianski's price would rise right from GW 1 (esp if he does well)? Never thought that way tbh..

Watford start well, so a Watford Defender is far from daft, imho - and with cash I can jumpt to Shaw\Chelsea etc if they are OK this season.

re Fab: I did manage to find some of my GK stuff from last summer - but not what I was looking for where I debunked the rotation idea. Fab was top save maker for the last 2 seasons, so improving on their 7 CS's should see hime move from 143 to 160+ (he retrned MAD points from the relegated Swansea season, btw). I started on Pickford, but he has been replaced by de Gea as Fab's threat as MU only got 7 CS's too, but atm I am not overly confident and Shaw with his attacking threat with Fab, who has no simlar defender, is cheaper ie Fab+Shaw is only 10.5m and I would need a 5m attacking Def to go with de Gea. Digne and Coleman\Pickford are similar.

Coleman\Pickford: I did hear an interesting point on these. Basically it was that Coleman creates chances that need a CF to convert whereas Digne was more about hitting a head with a FK. IF Everton's new CF is any good then Coleman could be good for FPL again (Assuming the FISO knee jerk is meritted.)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 10:03 Hmm I have Auba and no Sterling, only one Citeh (love that word btw, that's what I call them now) in KdB.

Having premium striker spot makes it easier to not have Sterling, because I can tell myself I'll get Aguero in GW 4. Will probably end up WCing before that Image

Sterling to Kane\Kun is only a rolled over xfer, admittedly with only double Citeh for 1GW.

WC: this is kinda the point. We all have one, but my plan is to be able to play it when I want to, rather than when I have to. I am still scarred by having to use it for GW2 the season Ayew broke in WHam's first match and I had only 8 or 9 starters for GW2 :oops: :oops: :oops:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Hmmmm what about a 4.5m Watford Def and Button to Lloris for a Bench Boost?

I don't see much attacking value in the Spurs defence so he is an option and it gives me time to pick one....

I also have what my reaction would be to Pukki screwing my triple CS stuck in my brain cell.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

A little behind you on this thinking but have just moved myself to a LIV triple...
I placed a hex on Pukki! :twisted:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

😱😱😱😱

There are some posters, who when we agree I am confident that I'm\we are right.

You're not one of them 😂😂😂😂

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I think this is progress:

Lloris, Button Fabianski is still firmly on my radar, but you may sense a theme emerging....

VvD, Robbo, TAA, Laporte, Shaw. I genuinely don't understand the AWB obsession but Shaw is called up with the Maguire purchase. I think that his attacking reyurn will beat Dr Gea's Save Points, but I'm far from convinced.

Sterling, KdB, Martial, Barkley (Dendoncker) Richarlison is dumped as he is only just back from the Cops America, s9 I'll ride the Preseason ballyhoo...

Rashford (Locadia, Nketiah) I can't say I'm overly keen on Rashford, but in for a penny etc also I'm not sure about almost all the forwards.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Is that maximum Man U love from the get-go?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Rashford is the questionable one tbh, but where else to splash the cash?

Martial is apparently a happy bunny and his Points per Minute is ridiculously high from the past 2 seasons; while Shaw looks better attacking wise than AWB to me and 5.5m Def's aren't leaping out at me....

9 from Citeh, Lpool and MU plus 1 each from Spurs and Chelsea 😎😎😎😎

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Hmm..

Martial vs Fraser
Barkley vs Pereyra
VvD vs King
Shaw vs Coleman
Rashford vs 7.5-9 FWDs

So really.. Man United vs the league. Love you Blah, wish you all the happiness in the world

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Aw thanks 💗💗💗

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I don't know, I come back from holiday to find that you've gone all sensible - very strange :lol:
Only to discover you have picked 3 Utd players. Having said that, I am being seriously tempted by Martial and am wondering about DDG instead of Lloris. :oops:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I thought you would be impressed 😂😂😂

Elsewhere here I did mention my 😱😱😱 at your Lloris thing last season but he missed however many games and season long he did rock....

As above I'm BIG on GK saves vs Def attacking returns and Shaw vs DdG is a tough one, while I don't see that at Spurs or WHam. DdG and Shaw is a tad risky in my sensible squad?

Martial and Barkley for Richarlison seems sensible, but Rashford does seem a step too far. But Fabianski and Vardy doesn't appeal and there are so few options close to Rashford's price point? But then I could easily go 550 😂 But it won't let me..

I'm obviously on the idea that the demise of MU and Chelsea has been grossly exaggerated and they will be top 5. I'm not convinced by Kepa as a saver and the defence are expensive while Ross is only 6m.

Are Bou's fixtures that good that Wilson is better than Rashford?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Ha.

I like Shaw, just not sure he is worth the 5.5m given the other options (agree with you though that he is better than AWB). Maguire may yet emerge as the best option. Like many things, the Man Utd defence is a wait-and-see at the moment for me, I think. Will probably stick with Lloris who seems to be slipping under the radar again this year.

Pretty sure I will go with Martial and Barkley is a possible, it may well end up as him v Murray.

Vardy has been in every one of my drafts either from GW1 or 3. At the moment, I am on Vardy and Wilson, although Wilson will probably be for the first two weeks only by which point hopefully some of the wait-and-see will be a bit clearer. At the moment, Heller is pencilled in as the wait-and-see replacement.

Chelsea are also in the wait-and-see category. I'm not sure they have got the quality for a top 4 finish, but apart from the defence the players are priced as mid-table players. They need one or two players to really step up to the plate (don't think it will be Willian or Pedro) and if/when they do, they could be real bargains. Man Utd do have the quality, if they can get their attitude right.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I mentioned on IFs thread that Zinchenko is a more attractive option for the early couple of game weeks given Man Us early fixtures; and that they’re all at the same price point.

That turned in to a DDG/defender conversation. But the Zinchenko point still stands.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep to pretty much all that.

But 😂😂😂

I loathe Vardy as a person and he could easily launch an anti Buck Campaign and get himself a red card if Leicester aren't all about him (yet again). It was only Ruth's new manager post here that for me in him last season, but he could be good again...

Bournemouth have always trashed my FF sides 😤 and aren't actually that good?

That typed my squad has a season long feel about it (subject to Mount replacing Barkley and Rashford being pants) that it might be rather wrong?

Btw have you heard from Romyn? Is he ok etc?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 23:54 I mentioned on IFs thread that Zinchenko is a more attractive option for the early couple of game weeks given Man Us early fixtures; and that they’re all at the same price point.

That turned in to a DDG/defender conversation. But the Zinchenko point still stands.
But I'm stacked on Citeh with Laporte, Sterling and KdB. All of them are kinda non-negotiable for me.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Agree re Vardy as a person, but if he delivers for me, I'll forgive him that ;)

You may be right about your squad, whereas I'm not thinking much beyond the first four weeks. My wait-and-see count is off the scale this season, for some reason.

Not heard anything from Romyn.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Vardy: im happy to leave him.until he gets Buck sacked 😂😂😂😂

I'm not sure season long is a good thing, but it has a velvety soft warm feel about it, which is not a preseason blah thing 😱😱😱 Some shite will hit the fan...

Nor me, and no worries, but the 5AS lot are fretting. Hopefully he is ok....

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks for the GK heads up, but still stuck on Lloris or Pickford at the 5.5 mark. I have been following your thread and enjoyed reading but no PC atm and typing is a pain so I apologise for the lack of comments.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”