To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Specious Theoretic Chatter (The free-for-all shared-RMT thread 19/20)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Re: Specious Theoretic Chatter (The free-for-all shared-RMT thread 19/20)

Post by Spreadsheet »

Thanks Pulpy, I already have Saka as my enabler. Martial didn't make the Man U squad tonight with a small muscle injury so that may give me a hit worth 2 points instead of 4 if he misses the weekend too (if his replacement at least plays 90 mins, you see).

So I may now be edging against holding - could wait on whether there is a provisional announcement tomorrow afternoon of CHE-MCI pulled forward from 31 to 29 as that may give an advantage to Mount with potentially two home games in a DGW. I would then be happy with Vardy (for Maupay) as my LEI coverage over the next few weeks.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Spreadsheet wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 20:30 I already have Saka as my enabler.
For those of you wondering, Saka has been taking Spreadsheet on wild nights out, buying him ecstasy and cocaine, and generally encouraging him to indulge in self-destructive behaviour.

He's a bad egg, that Saka.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 23:10
For those of you wondering, Saka has been taking Spreadsheet on wild nights out, buying him ecstasy and cocaine, and generally encouraging him to indulge in self-destructive behaviour.

He Excels at it

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I heard they spent the night in a cell.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Wish i had a friend like that PB 🤣

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Stevieste wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 08:51

Wish i had a friend like that PB 🤣
Oooh that’s very backhanded.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

This is probably a week late given the blank, but I'm worried about KdB being rested in GW30. I kept him through the blank because I see him as my captain that week, but it's 3 days before the 2nd leg against Real. The fixtures look like this:

Sun, Mar 1: LC Final
Wed, Mar 4: Sheff Wed Away - FA 5th Rd
Sun, Mar 8: United Away
Sat, Mar 14: Burnley Home
Tue, Mar 17: Real Madrid Home
Sat, Mar 21: Chelsea Away or FA Cup QF

Presumably he gets a rest for the 5th round FA Cup match. The Burnley game doesn't look out of the question though. Anyone want to soothe my nerves? KdB is the one player who's nailed on for Pep, right?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Turd Ferguson wrote:This is probably a week late given the blank, but I'm worried about KdB being rested in GW30. I kept him through the blank because I see him as my captain that week, but it's 3 days before the 2nd leg against Real. The fixtures look like this:

Sun, Mar 1: LC Final
Wed, Mar 4: Sheff Wed Away - FA 5th Rd
Sun, Mar 8: United Away
Sat, Mar 14: Burnley Home
Tue, Mar 17: Real Madrid Home
Sat, Mar 21: Chelsea Away or FA Cup QF

Presumably he gets a rest for the 5th round FA Cup match. The Burnley game doesn't look out of the question though. Anyone want to soothe my nerves? KdB is the one player who's nailed on for Pep, right?
Don't think about it. We have the "rhythm" reason now to appease ourselves Image

I personally think KdB will start. Just keep him, the team looks better with him in it, even if he has a blank!

I got 99 problems, KdB ain't one.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I have taken my eye off the ball lately and missed Grealish's drop this week. My squad is as follows, bolded ones not playing.

Guaita
Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Soyuncu, Holgate, Lascelles
Salah, KDB, Grealish, Traore, Snodgrass
Aubameyang, Vardy, Ings

1 transfer, zero in the bank.

Should I just switch Grealish for Barnes? Im a bit worried about Barnes' minutes. Would it be worth a hit to bring in Fernandes instead and downgrade Auba to Jimenez?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Sammy the Crab wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 17:28 I have taken my eye off the ball lately and missed Grealish's drop this week. My squad is as follows, bolded ones not playing.

Guaita
Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Soyuncu, Holgate, Lascelles
Salah, KDB, Grealish, Traore, Snodgrass
Aubameyang, Vardy, Ings

1 transfer, zero in the bank.

Should I just switch Grealish for Barnes? Im a bit worried about Barnes' minutes. Would it be worth a hit to bring in Fernandes instead and downgrade Auba to Jimenez?
I almost brought in Perez but Perez v Barnes ... uncertainty. So I went for neither and took Maddison.

Jimenez is not a bad shout at all. I like Fernandes but their fixtures concern me a bit.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Went with Grealish and Vardy to Perez and Jimenez (-4).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 08:26

I heard they spent the night in a cell.
😂😂😂

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Went with Grealish and Vardy to Perez and Jimenez (-4).
Seems like you might've already made up the -4. Good call Image

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Anyone with all chips intact and not planning to use any this DGW and maybe even none in BGW31?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I guess the question is how will GW34 work out?
It’s both a blank game week and also potentially a double. In previous seasons I’m sure that these have been separated

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

I'm planning on keeping all my chips through GW31. For this week, City have two games against big clubs plus their usual rotation threat, and Arsenal have a game away to City, so I see a relatively low ceiling for both teams. It's not worth tearing up my team. I'll captain KdB and leave it at that. If Vardy were ruled out, it would change things. I'd consider a -4 or even Free Hit to get Aubameyang and some other City players in.

I'm kind of hoping for Sheffield or Villa to have a sneaky extra double gameweek like Brighton did last year. It would make another week that's ripe for a chip.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 04 Mar 2020, 21:27 I'm kind of hoping for Sheffield or Villa to have a sneaky extra double gameweek like Brighton did last year.
And we all remember how well that turned out. :lol:

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 05 Mar 2020, 01:47
Turd Ferguson wrote: 04 Mar 2020, 21:27 I'm kind of hoping for Sheffield or Villa to have a sneaky extra double gameweek like Brighton did last year.
And we all remember how well that turned out. :lol:
I’m unashamed to say I captained Duffy that week. Worth it just for the thrill of captaining a 4.5 scrub from a relegation contender.

I also did not finish in the top 10k so...there are trade offs in life.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Thinking of just banking this week unless someone can suggest a transfer?

Snodgrass to Saka is a possibility but not sure who I would bench.

Guaita (WAT)
Alexander-Arnold (BOU), Gomez (BOU), Soyuncu (AST)
Salah (BOU), KDB (DGW), Perez (AST), Traore (BHA)
Aubameyang (DGW), Jimenez (BHA), Ings (NEW)

Subs: Snodgrass (ars), Lascelles (sou), Holgate (che)

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Thinking of just banking this week unless someone can suggest a transfer?

Snodgrass to Saka is a possibility but not sure who I would bench.

Guaita (WAT)
Alexander-Arnold (BOU), Gomez (BOU), Soyuncu (AST)
Salah (BOU), KDB (DGW), Perez (AST), Traore (BHA)
Aubameyang (DGW), Jimenez (BHA), Ings (NEW)

Subs: Snodgrass (ars), Lascelles (sou), Holgate (che)
I know he has been passed fit but I am benching Traore

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

So, looking at the FPL web-site, the fixtures for the next 2 GWs have been wiped - that is, they have been treated as individual postponements would previously have been; gone and awaiting rearrangement. But the transfer deadlines for the 2 completely blank deadlines are still in place, which seemed a little weird at first glance.
I guess I was thinking the PL (and so FPL) might take a break and then pick up again at GW30, with everything just following on from where it was interrupted. But obviously not - we now have (at least) 2 sets of fixtures "floating", and (at least) 2 transfer deadlines where we make "blind" transfers.
I wonder what a good strategy is? Aim the blind transfers at the GW32 squad? Seems a bit risky in the current circumstances, but what is the alternative? Roll as much as possible, clearly, but that has its limits.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

If they resume in GW32 after all the meticulous planning I've done for GW31 I'm going to be one very angry bunny indeed.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

But they could start with Citeh vs Arse and then this GW's fixtures.....

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

blahblah wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:37 But they could start with Citeh vs Arse and then this GW's fixtures.....
But that is not the current information on FPL, and if they are going to update that information, they really need to do so before tomorrow’s listed transfer deadline.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:43
blahblah wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:37 But they could start with Citeh vs Arse and then this GW's fixtures.....
But that is not the current information on FPL, and if they are going to update that information, they really need to do so before tomorrow’s listed transfer deadline.
But no one knows how long the season will be suspended for; so there is little FPL can do except to freeze the game, if the Code allows it.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

blahblah wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:47
Mr Clarinet wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:43
But no one knows how long the season will be suspended for; so there is little FPL can do except to freeze the game, if the Code allows it.
Thinking about it some more, there are already tv schedules for GW32 in place, it really seems to me like the next fixtures scheduled to take place are those, and it is GWs 30 & 31 that will somehow (currently unknown) be “fitted in”. If there are further postponements, we just pick up at the GW when there is a restart, and fit the missing matches in after that, sometime.
What happens if the delay goes past the scheduled end of the season is anyone’s guess.
But as it stands, the next matches are those for GW32.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

As for freezing the game, it is driven by the Pl fixture schedule, so if the PL kicks off again with GW32 fixtures, so does FPL. I did wonder if they would freeze transfers until matches resume.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Next PL transfer window scheduled to open on 16 May. If they don’t change that the relegation battle could get frantic!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 13:24 Next PL transfer window scheduled to open on 16 May. If they don’t change that the relegation battle could get frantic!
??

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:31 So, looking at the FPL web-site, the fixtures for the next 2 GWs have been wiped - that is, they have been treated as individual postponements would previously have been; gone and awaiting rearrangement. But the transfer deadlines for the 2 completely blank deadlines are still in place, which seemed a little weird at first glance.
I guess I was thinking the PL (and so FPL) might take a break and then pick up again at GW30, with everything just following on from where it was interrupted. But obviously not - we now have (at least) 2 sets of fixtures "floating", and (at least) 2 transfer deadlines where we make "blind" transfers.
I wonder what a good strategy is? Aim the blind transfers at the GW32 squad? Seems a bit risky in the current circumstances, but what is the alternative? Roll as much as possible, clearly, but that has its limits.
X-Posted from the transfer thread...

Edit: I was wrong - official update - https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/ ... 2191765505

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”