To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT (itslikebrandnew)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: RMT (itslikebrandnew)

Post by blahblah »

Do those fixtures mesh with the other 3?

Which teams are in each category?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Ah so it's over 9ppg you are searching for in the captains. Very difficult but maybe the data supports it for this season too. If you can manage that, then you're on your way. I don't actually think 195 for Deulofeu is that outrageous with transfers - so many prospects at that price. 5.1ppg not impossible by any means.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: RMT

Post by blahblah »

As promised my break down.....

I like your idea, and I think it is closer to the stat bods's ideas here than you and they think, but you are expressing it very differently eg you go on about 30PpM, but I am not sure that is exactly what you mean. baganboy was running an intersting idea about Points per Position per Price Point\Band which you may find interesting. He had some sort of formula etc but tbh I didn;t understand it and was too lat to dig into it.

Let me know where you got 30PpM as the starting point as I think it is closer to 25, which is more attainable and wouldn't fire the ire of FISO :wink:
as per
itslikebrandnew wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 20:30
blahblah wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 17:05 So 17m on the bench gives 30x83which is 2490 accirding to my tired head plus 300ish from a 10m Capt 2790.

Basically it isn't as daft as some are making out for 2500 as a winning target. Rounding 30PpM up to 2800 it is only 300 divided by 83 or approx 3.5 giving 26.5 as the target.

Admittedly Transfers have to be factored in...
Who's stealing my 30ppm idea :lol:

For me it's 18m on the bench. 82m is the cost of my first 11 so @ 30ppm = 2460

Don't add anything for captains. The captains points are included in the 30ppm to get to 2460.

You can't get anywhere near 30ppm with high value players. So any high value players will have to be captains. For example Salah only hits 360 by being captain 50% of the time (although Patrician rightly points out you can lower that % by picking weaker fixtures for him as he'll usually score higher).
I was trying to explain what I think you mean not stealing it, although we all are kinda striving for the same thing.

So here goes a player by player kinda critique
itslikebrandnew wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 20:58 Gunn 4.5m - target 135pts
This is wrong, imho, as you need to price the pair and as Rotation doesn't work (I think the details are in Pat's thread 12 months ago) The easiest route topoints here is 1 GK and their No2, which this season is Pickford and Stek at 9.5m. Pickford is 2nd in the Points from last season divided by Price this season and only .5m more than the base price alternatives.

Coleman 5.5m - target 165pts
Digne 6m - target 180pts
Robertson 7m - target 210pts
TAA 7m -target 210pts
Luiz 6m - target 180pts
Robbo, TAA, VvD, Laporte and Mendy\Zin complete my Back 6 and should exceed my 26 PpM target. Everton are notoriously bad at the start of sesons and while I may have sufficient patience for Pickford, having Coleman and Digne could test the patience of a saint, while Chelsea under FFL are a risk and a defender is a step too far for me.

Dendoncker 4.5m - target 135pts
Salah 12.5m - 375pts
Deulofeu 6.5m - 195 pts
Aguero 12m - 360pts
Kane 11m - 330pts
This is where I think that you have lost the plot. The PpM is around the 6-8m mark and the 3 Premiums carry a hit when not Capt'ed. Kane at 11m can be expected to top 200 points, subject to injury, so why not have him and Capt him every GW and stack up on the 6-8m band (maybe with an eye on Vardy at 9m)? There are plenty of streak players to HOHO which on the one hand renders the season long PpM predicton redunadant but on the other where players like Richarlison and Delothing are worth having.

Obviously the above is heavily closetted with where my Squad is :lol:

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

the basic ideology here seems to be:

- back 7 set in stone (inc a bench GK) and premium and likely to have a good shot of hitting 30ppm or close
- 3 premiums sharing captaincy, probably never leaving the squad
- 3 other bench

It all then comes down to 2 things:

- can the captains maintain a 30ppm between them. Can Salah, Aguero, Kane produce 1065 pts between them?
- are there 2 other players who can achieve 30ppm in forward positions

These last two issues are problematic, especially the last one. Personally I think 2 captain slots is enough, and transfers will be needed to make the target and more … because non-captains in forward positions stand no hope.

But I think this plan can get to 2400. And that should be the aim - to be in the mix. After that, who knows.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 22:00 the basic ideology here seems to be:

- back 7 set in stone (inc a bench GK) and premium and likely to have a good shot of hitting 30ppm or close
- 3 premiums sharing captaincy, probably never leaving the squad
- 3 other bench

It all then comes down to 2 things:

- can the captains maintain a 30ppm between them. Can Salah, Aguero, Kane produce 1065 pts between them?
- are there 2 other players who can achieve 30ppm in forward positions

These last two issues are problematic, especially the last one. Personally I think 2 captain slots is enough, and transfers will be needed to make the target and more … because non-captains in forward positions stand no hope.

But I think this plan can get to 2400. And that should be the aim - to be in the mix. After that, who knows.
In general yes, but in detail no, as it would get to 2700 plus at 30PpM? (as per the quoted bit which is from IF's thread).

I think you have nailed FPL success, except for the 3 Premiums bit as it seems so wrong.I struggle with how the 3 can do better than 1 or 2 and the cash from the other 1 or 2 spread in the mid range, high PpM lot, especially in midfield.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

The mid range is the deadzone where players are priced with no chance of hitting 30ppm.

Try and find a player that can hit 30ppm in the midrange price from mid or att and you'll see what i mean.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yeah I think this is why 30ppm cannot be expected of all positions equally. Doesn't mean someone like Maddison scoring say 175 points, is not the best route to take, even though he only makes 25ppm. The top score for this season may not be anywhere near 2700. There'll likely be a desirable 'cheapish' asset, probably from midfield, that will make a mockery of his price. Even then 30ppm for that player is near the limit. But then Maddison, or your pick in this slot, could be transferred to them. This is funded/linked to the below...

By the way, based on his high ppg last season (5.6 compared to 5.7 for Kane/Auba), do you not think Wilson could be a better occasional (not 33% but that's an arbitrary percentage) captain than Kane? This really does involve a checking of the fixtures to see who plays who and when, so that you get the best opposition for your armband and that the options mesh together nicely. Wilson gets nearly 27ppm without any captaincy last season and his fixtures may fit more nicely than Kane/Aguero. Apologies if you've already done the research on fixture difficulty 'meshing'.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Sutter Kane wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 07:58 Yeah I think this is why 30ppm cannot be expected of all positions equally. Doesn't mean someone like Maddison scoring say 175 points, is not the best route to take, even though he only makes 25ppm. The top score for this season may not be anywhere near 2700. There'll likely be a desirable 'cheapish' asset, probably from midfield, that will make a mockery of his price. Even then 30ppm for that player is near the limit. But then Maddison, or your pick in this slot, could be transferred to them. This is funded/linked to the below...

By the way, based on his high ppg last season (5.6 compared to 5.7 for Kane/Auba), do you not think Wilson could be a better occasional (not 33% but that's an arbitrary percentage) captain than Kane? This really does involve a checking of the fixtures to see who plays who and when, so that you get the best opposition for your armband and that the options mesh together nicely. Wilson gets nearly 27ppm without any captaincy last season and his fixtures may fit more nicely than Kane/Aguero. Apologies if you've already done the research on fixture difficulty 'meshing'.
This certainly seems the way forward to me. Have 2 premiums who captain 80% or so of the time, and then use someone else (or perhaps several others) to take up the remainder. Siggy in home games, Wilson in away games, Vardy … in any game?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I'm going to have to look into the Kane to Wilson a bit more. At first glance i could go something like Kane to Wilson, 4.5m mid to Tielemans. Luiz to Laporte and Button to Ryan.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Without Kane

Gunn 3.9
Laporte 5.1
Digne 4.5
Coleman 4.3
Robertson 5.9
TAA 6.4
Tielemans 4.8
Salah 6.8
Aguero 6.1
Wilson 5.6
Deulofeu 4.4

Have listed their average points per week. So 57.8 without captain. I reckon i could add a bit more to the keeper with Gunn/Ryan rotation and then add captain points.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Ederson - 170
Robertson - 215
TAA - 215
Azpilcueta - 165
Digne - 165
Alonso - 195
Salah/Sterling rotation covering 34 captaincies (13 transfers) - 620
Son (with 4 captaincies) - 220
Sigurdsson - 185
Wilson - 190
Chicharito or DCL or Gray - 135

2475, the best I can see at present, and I do not think I have been unduly optimistic overall re points. Bang on 30pts per million (82.5m on the pitch).

The 13 transfers might end up causing some hits of course, but equally I have not factored in a triple captain week, bench boost etc.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Alonso could be optimistic but at least there is an alternative available.

Your problem like mine is with your final striker.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 13:28 Alonso could be optimistic but at least there is an alternative available.

probably better to use it as a mid and do Pereyra, Townsend etc

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

raoul wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 14:01
itslikebrandnew wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 13:28 Alonso could be optimistic but at least there is an alternative available.

probably better to use it as a mid and do Pereyra, Townsend etc
I can't get any closer doing that either.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”