To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Nabs Kebabs RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: Nabs Kebabs RMT

Post by Joccki_10 »

Quaner has moved to Ipswich Town on loan and has been removed from the game. :wink:

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Joccki_10 wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 17:49 Quaner has moved to Ipswich Town on loan and has been removed from the game. :wink:
I know, But perma 3rd sub {Esp if BB has been played

OOh Did not know he had been removed LOL :D :D :roll: :roll:

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Joccki_10 wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 17:49 Quaner has moved to Ipswich Town on loan and has been removed from the game. :wink:
Not FPL related but that seems a fair description of anyone playing for Town at the moment unfortunately.

Back to FPL, I didn't realise that players got removed. What happens to someone who has Quaner in their team - does it just mean no-one can buy him anymore?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Bobby Fetta wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 21:09
Not FPL related but that seems a fair description of anyone playing for Town at the moment unfortunately.

Back to FPL, I didn't realise that players got removed. What happens to someone who has Quaner in their team - does it just mean no-one can buy him anymore?
I think someone who has him can use his first transfer only to remove him, not other players.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Joccki_10 wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 21:16 I think someone who has him can use his first transfer only to remove him, not other players.
Wow, that would be incredibly annoying, given that anyone with him has him only as a perma-bench option and there is no-one at the same price as a replacement.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

TheRumourMill wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 16:35 Yeah Kamara has certainly blotted his copybook. But at 4.5m, he's base price so can quite happily sit as third sub hopefully without being required to be called upon. Regarding Wilson, thats a fair point mate, I can certainly see why you would want to keep him for this week at least. In that case then, I agree with your suggestion of Alonso to Robertson and roll. Robertson is still justifying his cost even as a 6.7m asset, Liverpool have no blanks either so he could quite happily sit in your squad from now until season end too, if you wish. The double up of Liverpool defenders is certainly a nice differential over most FPL managers. I think this will be a week where a lot of hits are taken (I'm on a -8 myself!) so just by not taking a hit you've already got a 2-3 point head start on most this week aswell :)
Thanks for your comments, waiting on Wilson injury news before I make a decision on what to do. Agree that by not taking a hit, I have a nice advantage to start the GW over a lot of managers.
Stena Bib wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 17:36 V Ronka has had Kamara 3rd sub all season, that's all he expected for the price!!

I have just brought Kamara in, Then saw the news of Babel being signed on loan until the end of the season.

So Will bide my time and probably replace with Solanke :idea:
Or Quaner if i get desperate for 0.2 ?

Edit: Babel 5.5 Mid !!
Ville also played Kamara when he comically stole the penalty off Mitrovic only to miss.

There is a concern with Kamara that he will be in the same situation as Quaner...there are some rumours that he is on his way out so managers will be forced to sell if/when that happens.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Just to clarify - you are only forced to sell a player if the 3 players per team rule is violated. If a player transferred out the Premier League they simply score 0 and can sit on your bench while you make other transfers:

Premier League transfers

What happens if a player is transferred to another Premier League team?

If a player is transferred to another team in the Premier League, and this transfer takes you over the players per team limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers.

My player has left the Premier League. What do I do now?

You can leave the player in your squad, where he will continue to earn 0 points. To remove him permanently, you must use a transfer.

This covered under the FAQs

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Rivers wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 14:26 Just to clarify - you are only forced to sell a player if the 3 players per team rule is violated. If a player transferred out the Premier League they simply score 0 and can sit on your bench while you make other transfers:

Premier League transfers

What happens if a player is transferred to another Premier League team?

If a player is transferred to another team in the Premier League, and this transfer takes you over the players per team limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers.

My player has left the Premier League. What do I do now?

You can leave the player in your squad, where he will continue to earn 0 points. To remove him permanently, you must use a transfer.

This covered under the FAQs

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help
Cheers for the clarification mate, helps a lot with my planning.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW23 PREVIEW

I've ummed and ahhed about my transfers a lot over the last few days and I've actually gone and used Rumour Mill's suggestion and done Alonso, Wilson :arrow: Shaw, Rashford. Howe has said that Wilson has "only been on the grass once this week, so we're going to have to make a very late call on him." I've found that when Howe says something like this it often results in a no show. I've lost my patience with Wilson anyway and don't like his fixtures after this week so his time is up.

I've taken Rashford over Jiminez as Wolves have been playing with 2 strikers up front a lot lately and that seems to have taken the focus away from Jiminez as the main man. I actually am going to be watching Jota closely as I think he could be an excellent option.

So this is how I'm now set up:

Button
VVD Doherty Shaw
Salah(c) Hazard Pogba(vc) Richarlison Hojbjerg
Aubameyang Rashford

Ryan Bellerin AWB Kamara

0 FT, 1.0m
Last edited by Nabs Kebabs on 23 Jan 2019, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Are you kidding me? I brought the same two players in and we already had a similar squad. After my planned Kane :arrow: Aubameyang next GW it’s only GKs and Bellerín/Højbjerg v Rüdiger/Redmond. Amazing. :lol: :lol:

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Joccki_10 wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 17:21 Are you kidding me? I brought the same two players in and we already had a similar squad. After my planned Kane :arrow: Aubameyang next GW it’s only GKs and Bellerín/Højbjerg v Rüdiger/Redmond. Amazing. :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen:

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Jota hattrick after saying he's one to watch, Doherty sub appearance, Wilson start and Shaw ill in the warm up...great start to the GW :roll:

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Not the best start but a strong finish! Bellerin off the bench must feel bloody lovely :-D

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

TheRumourMill wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 23:58 Not the best start but a strong finish! Bellerin off the bench must feel bloody lovely :-D
Absolutely! Having carried him on my bench for so many weeks it's a more than welcome haul at an unexpected time. Unfortunately it looks like he has picked up a very serious injury though.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW23 REVIEW

GW Rank: 648k
OR: 13,099 :arrow: 11,208

A very solid GW score, which despite being 19 points over the GW average, wasn't enough to get me back inside the top 10k. Teams are looking very similar again at the top which I think is the main reason for this.

Team currently looks like this:

Button
VVD Doherty Shaw AWB
Salah(vc) Hazard Pogba Richarlison
Aubameyang(c) Rashford

Ryan Hojbjerg Kamara Bellerin

1FT, 1.0m

I'm not really thinking too much about transfers just yet. Bellerin has unfortunately done his ACL and is out for the season so he will have to go at some point but not necessarily this week as my defenders have good fixtures. The main thing is to wait for all information we can get regarding the blanks and potential DGW.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

The top 1k average was 69 according to fantasyfootballfix and fpldiscovery. It only takes one differential or a captain pick to go well and a gain in OR can be achieved. I seem to pick the wrong ones atm and do not have Hazard or Aubameyang but the template is very tight, The blanks doubles should shake it up a bit I hope.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW24 PREVIEW

The team looks in decent shape for this GW so will be saving FT. I'm really skeptical of going hard at the DGW.
•None of the fixtures are particularly fantasy friendly
•Everton's form is poor
•Man City will rotate. I'm not listening to anyone who says otherwise. The squad has almost always had a first team player or two injured this season. Currently, this is the most injury free the squad has beem. Mendy is a bit of a unknown though, so if he is struggling with fitness as it seems he is, Sane is easily the best option imo.
•It's going to cost you down the line, especially if taking hits to bring players in. It's almost certainly going to result in more hits GW27 or GW31. This all has to be factored in when making moves.

So here's how I'm currently set up:

Ryan
VVD Doherty Shaw AWB
Salah(vc) Hazard Pogba Richarlison
Aubameyang(c) Rashford

Button Hojbjerg Kamara Bellerin

The majority will be going Salah(c), but I can't pass on Aubameyang welcoming Cardiff to the Emirates. I'm expecting Arsenal to put a few past them, where as Leicester have defended very well against the big teams. In the case that VVD isn't able to play, Hojberg at home to Palace isn't the worst option off the bench.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Would you play Redmond (PAL) or Rüdiger (bou) ahead of Wan-Bissaka?

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Joccki_10 wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 10:05 Would you play Redmond (PAL) or Rüdiger (bou) ahead of Wan-Bissaka?
That's a tricky one. I think I'd go Rudiger as Wilson is a big doubt for the Cherries. I also find they lack height when defending set pieces so Rudiger could take advantage of that.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Nabs Kebabs wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 10:05 Would you play Redmond (PAL) or Rüdiger (bou) ahead of Wan-Bissaka?
That's a tricky one. I think I'd go Rudiger as Wilson is a big doubt for the Cherries. I also find they lack height when defending set pieces so Rudiger could take advantage of that.
Cheers. Doubts over Doherty has making me put him on my bench along with Wan-Bissaka and so I’m playing both Redmond and Rüdiger.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW24 REVIEW

GW Rank: 806.6k
OR: 11,208 :arrow: 7,448

The Auba captain move payed off handsomely and was largely responsible for getting me back inside the top 10k. Other than him, only Richarlison, Pogba and Doherty managed some form of a return.

I'm finding the DGW to be a quite a headache. I'm tempted to just captain Salah and forget about City. I won't be bringing in more than 1 City, that I'm sure of.

Currently set up like this:

Ryan
VVD Doherty Shaw AWB
Salah(c) Hazard(c) Pogba Richarlison
Aubameyang Rashford

Button Hojbjerg Bellerin(!) Kamara(!)

2FT, 1.0m

It's very tempting to sell Hazard but then again he's at home to Huddersfield, who are shockingly bad. If Pogba is injured, I'll probably bring in Sane for him who is my favoured City attacker since Mendy is struggling for fitness. I expect Sane to terrorize Arsenal, where his direct opponent will either be an old/slow Lichsteiner, an out of position Maitland-Niles or a completely incompetent Carl Jenkinson who played around half an hour against Cardiff. I find it hard to justify paying over 11m for Sterling and Aguero when there are so many doubts over game time. De Bruyne could be an option who would also be a nice differential but he just hasn't gotten into a rhythm of playing football this season.

I'd be interested in hearing suggestions from others as it's a pretty confusing gameweek.
Last edited by Nabs Kebabs on 31 Jan 2019, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

As Hazard has a good fixture I’d look to use one of your transfers to move Bellerin on unless Pogba is out long term.
I suspect that I’d avoid a DGW player and go for someone who could come in for Pogba this weekend. As for who, it depends on how you’d use the rest of the cash
Those who go heavy on DGW players will perhaps get a better score this week - they’ll struggle in GW27 though if like you (& me) they are still carrying them and also have loads of Liverpool and Man U who are playing each other

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 06:05 As Hazard has a good fixture I’d look to use one of your transfers to move Bellerin on unless Pogba is out long term.
I suspect that I’d avoid a DGW player and go for someone who could come in for Pogba this weekend. As for who, it depends on how you’d use the rest of the cash
Those who go heavy on DGW players will perhaps get a better score this week - they’ll struggle in GW27 though if like you (& me) they are still carrying them and also have loads of Liverpool and Man U who are playing each other
That's one of the options I'm considering. The defender that I really want is Pereira, the only thing is it's a bit early for him as his next 2 are MUN/tot.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Bellerin >> Laporte for the double in the interim?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Nabs Kebabs wrote:I'd be interested in hearing from others as it's a pretty confusing gameweek.
Just did Hazard :arrow: Sané myself and will captain Sané. He'll be my only City player; if Pogba is injured I'll replace him with Son.

I couldn't face going into GW25 without a City attacker as captain and this move was more palatable than Aubameyang :arrow: Aguero, which was the main alternative. Reason being that Hazard only had 1 week more in my team before removing him anyway, whereas Aubameyang I'd want back immediately. Getting Hazard into my team back in GW21 has caused me nothing but problems really. :?

Regarding your defender issue, have a think about Clyne or Cook of Bournemouth maybe. I don't know what your chip plan is but I am working on the provisional basis of FH32 WC34, meaning BGW31&33 have to be ridden out without chips. I have a similar defensive arrangement to you and found that a Bournemouth defender would have decent fixtures in exactly the right weeks. TAA :arrow: Cook, Pogba :arrow: Sané was one of my options before removing Hazard and I suspect that I'll get Cook in sooner or later, though it might be later now.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

jacksosi wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 07:38 Bellerin >> Laporte for the double in the interim?
I really don't want another headache for GW27 where my defenders are VVD(mun), Doherty(bou), Shaw(LIV), AWB(lei). I've also got double Brighton in goal who blank + Hazard and Richarlison. In addition, I'd surprised if City keep a cleanie in the double, then they've got Chelsea. So considering it'll almost certainly have a knock on effect of a hit, I just can't see it being worth it.
Ruth_NZ wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 07:52
Nabs Kebabs wrote:I'd be interested in hearing from others as it's a pretty confusing gameweek.
Just did Hazard :arrow: Sané myself and will captain Sané. He'll be my only City player; if Pogba is injured I'll replace him with Son.

I couldn't face going into GW25 without a City attacker as captain and this move was more palatable than Aubameyang :arrow: Aguero, which was the main alternative. Reason being that Hazard only had 1 week more in my team before removing him anyway, whereas Aubameyang I'd want back immediately. Getting Hazard into my team back in GW21 has caused me nothing but problems really. :?

Regarding your defender issue, have a think about Clyne or Cook of Bournemouth maybe. I don't know what your chip plan is but I am working on the provisional basis of FH32 WC34, meaning BGW31&33 have to be ridden out without chips. I have a similar defensive arrangement to you and found that a Bournemouth defender would have decent fixtures in exactly the right weeks. TAA :arrow: Cook, Pogba :arrow: Sané was one of my options before removing Hazard and I suspect that I'll get Cook in sooner or later, though it might be later now.
Hazard is such a tricky one. I'm in the same boat with you when it comes to Auba, I'd want him back straight away so it's too difficult to justify removing him. And Hazard I definitely want out GW26 away to City. I just don't think it's going to work out getting rid of him this GW. Huddersfield at home is the exact fixture I'd be wanting as a Chelsea supporter right now to turn the league form around. But then again, I was predicting hauls for Hazard at home to Southampton and Newcastle...didn't quite work out, did it :roll:
Cook is one definitely on my radar. Good to know you are also interested. He does work well with the defenders I have except for GW28 where I'll have to play one of him(ars), AWB(MUN) or Hojbjerg(FUL). I think I slightly prefer Pereira but definitely not ruling out Cook as an option.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

I've decided that I want Sane to captain him this GW. It'll have to be Hazard out despite the great fixture this week as I don't want him after this GW anyway. If Pogba is injured, I'll hold Haz for a week and sell Pogba instead.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Nabs Kebabs wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 07:25I've decided that I want Sane to captain him this GW. It'll have to be Hazard out despite the great fixture this week as I don't want him after this GW anyway. If Pogba is injured, I'll hold Haz for a week and sell Pogba instead.
Pogba is fine.

Solskjaer believes both players could be set to feature: “We’ve not had a proper session since the game, so hopefully [Pogba and Martial] can get through that. “I don’t think there’s anything with Paul. Anthony has done some rehab work, so I would imagine he would be available to be involved. He seemed happy.”

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Bob Newhart wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 13:28
Nabs Kebabs wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 07:25I've decided that I want Sane to captain him this GW. It'll have to be Hazard out despite the great fixture this week as I don't want him after this GW anyway. If Pogba is injured, I'll hold Haz for a week and sell Pogba instead.
Pogba is fine.

Solskjaer believes both players could be set to feature: “We’ve not had a proper session since the game, so hopefully [Pogba and Martial] can get through that. “I don’t think there’s anything with Paul. Anthony has done some rehab work, so I would imagine he would be available to be involved. He seemed happy.”
Yep, seen it earlier. Really appreciate the update though anyway. I've just made my transfer, well actually I've made 2. GW preview coming up :wink:

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW25 PREVIEW

2 transfers have just been made:
Hazard :arrow: Sane
Kamara :arrow: King

Leaving me nothing ITB.

Hazard :arrow: Sane just had to be done despite the Huddersfield fixture because I really do feel like Sane is needed for the armband. He's almost certain to start both games in the DGW imo where as Sterling and Kun are currently more rotation prone.

The King move is one I just thought of a couple of hours ago. If I don't boot Kamara now, I never will. The guy is not worthy of a place in Ranieri's team nor mine for his poor discipline. Ranieri has acted and loaned him out so I have also acted and got this deadweight out of my team :). What this does is allows me to have a bit better depth in my squad which was definitely needed as I'm also carrying Bellerin who is red flagged and out for the season and Hojbjerg who doesn't offer much from the bench (and yellow flagged this week). The guy coming in doesn't actually have the best fixtures, but what he does have is great fixtures when I actually need him. He is going to be a huge help in GW27 and GW31 for the blanks where he has Wolves and Newcastle both at home. I've just decided that I'm probably going to FH in GW32 instead of WC so he'll be handy again in BGW33 where he has Burnley at home. I also plan to play him this GW at Cardiff and GW30 away to Huddersfield while I can quite comfortably bench him for the matches against Liverpool, Arsenal and City. He'll be a great first sub to have anyway. Currently Wilson is injured so he's the focal point and on pens. I think he can definitely provide good value at 6.4m for a player of his quality.

So I'm heading into GW25 like this:

Ryan
VVD Doherty AWB
Salah(vc) Sane(c) Pogba Richarlison
Aubameyang Rashford King

Button Shaw Hojbjerg Bellerin

0.0m ITB

Wouldn't mind opinions on playing Doherty(eve) or Shaw(lei) this GW.

And the plan moving forward is to save FT GW26 and use 2 in GW27 where I should be able to field 11 and have Hojbjerg as a backup on the bench.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”