To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Nabs Kebabs RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Re: Nabs Kebabs RMT

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW25 REVIEW

GW Rank: 5.5m
OR 7,448 :arrow: 23, 265

Been putting this off as it was such a poor GW. Having just gotten back into the 10k, I managed to triple my rank and am now sitting at my worst rank since GW7. Things would've been so different had I transferred Auba to Aguero and captained him rather than Hazard to Sane and captaining him. The difference is a whopping 49 points. I'm not sure there's any real lesson to be learnt there as I really think it's bad luck more than anything else. The thing now is to look ahead and try and get back inside the top 10k.

I've made a transfer for this GW: Sane :arrow: Son. Sane is clearly not as nailed as I thought he was and with Chelsea and a blank coming up, he had to go. Son has been playing as a striker and looks to have picked up where he left off when he went to the Asian Cup. Fixtures are still quite good and overall I think he's a great pick.

The other move I'm considering is Richarlison :arrow: Jota for a hit. The issue is that Jota apparently picked up a knock in the last game and I'm not sure if Wolves have a press conference before the Newcastle game as they had a midweek FA Cup replay. So there may not be an update on Jota's fitness.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

Nabs Kebabs wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 09:07 GW25 REVIEW

GW Rank: 5.5m
OR 7,448 :arrow: 23, 265

Been putting this off as it was such a poor GW. Having just gotten back into the 10k, I managed to triple my rank and am now sitting at my worst rank since GW7. Things would've been so different had I transferred Auba to Aguero and captained him rather than Hazard to Sane and captaining him. The difference is a whopping 49 points. I'm not sure there's any real lesson to be learnt there as I really think it's bad luck more than anything else. The thing now is to look ahead and try and get back inside the top 10k.

I've made a transfer for this GW: Sane :arrow: Son. Sane is clearly not as nailed as I thought he was and with Chelsea and a blank coming up, he had to go. Son has been playing as a striker and looks to have picked up where he left off when he went to the Asian Cup. Fixtures are still quite good and overall I think he's a great pick.

The other move I'm considering is Richarlison :arrow: Jota for a hit. The issue is that Jota apparently picked up a knock in the last game and I'm not sure if Wolves have a press conference before the Newcastle game as they had a midweek FA Cup replay. So there may not be an update on Jota's fitness.
You just bought the wrong ticket for the Pep lottery Nabs. I did the same. Even with the benefit of hindsight I can't see where the 'lesson to be learned' is. Obviously this was one of the most crucial decisions of the season and you and I both got it wrong but this just emphasises the luck element in FPL. Like going all-in with AA preflop at Texas Hold-Em and losing your stack you haven't made a mistake; it just wasn't your day.

I took out Sane and Richarlison for Son and Jota (along with Solanke :arrow: Jimenez (-4)) this GW. They certainly look like good moves but ... :roll: :lol:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Looks like we are all in the same boat. I’ve done Hazard :arrow: Son and still got Richarlison :arrow: Jota lined up for a hit. Sstaffsw (Wolves ITK) told me Wolves have gone to Marbella and Jota is there just like the everybody else. No issues I reckon.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

dod wrote:
Nabs Kebabs wrote: Things would've been so different had I transferred Auba to Aguero and captained him rather than Hazard to Sane and captaining him. The difference is a whopping 49 points. I'm not sure there's any real lesson to be learnt there as I really think it's bad luck more than anything else.
You just bought the wrong ticket for the Pep lottery Nabs. I did the same. Even with the benefit of hindsight I can't see where the 'lesson to be learned' is.
Well, I did the exact same move as Nabeel and here's my take.

I don't think it was about Sané or Kun fundamentally. I thought either were a reasonable captaincy bet but marginally preferred Aguero, who I thought would probably start twice. Aubameyang :arrow: Kun(c) was the transfer I had in mind a week before the event.

So I'd need to examine why I did Hazard :arrow: Sané instead and there were three reasons. First was that I knew I'd want Aubameyang back and that it would therefore necessitate a cost of 4 points (it surely meant an extra hit). Hazard :arrow: Sané was an effective -4 whilst Auba :arrow: Kun was an effective -8.

Second, Chelsea were so dire against Bournemouth and Hazard had delivered nothing in 4 weeks in my team, other than to lose me points and budget on Salah. I had planned to keep him through GW25 but after GW24 I felt that seeing he only had 1 game left for me anyway, he could go now. And that related to the third element; he had already cost me 0.1m in effective TV and was about to leak another 0.1m.

So: 4 points, 0.1m TV and a frustration about Hazard's recent performances. That's why I made that decision that cost me 49 points (same as Nabs). And I think the lesson learned for me is that I tend to be a control freak where planning is concerned and always to try to do things in the most apparently 'efficient' way. What I didn't give enough weight to was who would I actually prefer to have as my City captain, because that (immediate) consideration would have pushed me the other way. Not hindsight, I said this beforehand. But I didn't weight it enough and estimated the Sané/Kun gap as being narrow enough that the way I went would be marginally better overall.

At that point, you can argue that the outcome produced a hugely unreasonable negative swing and I'd not disagree. But I always like to examine my decision-making in events like this and in my view there is a shade of something I know about myself, which is that I sometimes tend to focus too much on the mid-term and not enough on the immediate. Allowing those that just manage with a short-term horizon and more messily than I like to beat me quite often. :?

Not complaining, I don't mind and I'm not down on myself about it. :) But that's how I assess it for me.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Joccki_10 wrote:Looks like we are all in the same boat. I’ve done Hazard :arrow: Son and still got Richarlison :arrow: Jota lined up for a hit. Sstaffsw (Wolves ITK) told me Wolves have gone to Marbella and Jota is there just like the everybody else. No issues I reckon.
It seems that Diogo Jota didn’t train with the rest of the group today in Marbella. Instead he has done some rehab work.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Joccki_10 wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 13:08
Joccki_10 wrote:Looks like we are all in the same boat. I’ve done Hazard :arrow: Son and still got Richarlison :arrow: Jota lined up for a hit. Sstaffsw (Wolves ITK) told me Wolves have gone to Marbella and Jota is there just like the everybody else. No issues I reckon.
It seems that Diogo Jota didn’t train with the rest of the group today in Marbella. Instead he has done some rehab work.
Are you holding off from the move in that case? I'm 50/50 on it.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Nabs Kebabs wrote:
I’m 60/40. :lol:

Suggestion came along that he would play because the game’s on Monday.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Joccki_10 wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 16:17
Nabs Kebabs wrote:
I’m 60/40. :lol:

Suggestion came along that he would play because the game’s on Monday.
do you think that when a player does not train with the group, that in itself is a reason the manager might leave them out or bench them, even if the fitness issue seems to be mostly/fully resolved?

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

raoul wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 16:35
do you think that when a player does not train with the group, that in itself is a reason the manager might leave them out or bench them, even if the fitness issue seems to be mostly/fully resolved?
I can't see any other reason to not train with the main group than to recover from injury. If you're potentially being benched, surely you still have to be with the main group to be more aware of how the team is tactically approaching the game. Especially if you're likely to be coming on from the bench, you would definitely need to have trained with the main group, it just makes no sense to do otherwise.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Nabs Kebabs wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 16:40
I can't see any other reason to not train with the main group than to recover from injury. If you're potentially being benched, surely you still have to be with the main group to be more aware of how the team is tactically approaching the game. Especially if you're likely to be coming on from the bench, you would definitely need to have trained with the main group, it just makes no sense to do otherwise.
So Jota doesn't play then?

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

raoul wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 16:45
Nabs Kebabs wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 16:40
So Jota doesn't play then?
Since the game is on Monday, I think he is more likely to start than not. I think they're just being cautious with his knock, as he is one of the most important players in the team at the moment.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 11:14
dod wrote:
Nabs Kebabs wrote: Things would've been so different had I transferred Auba to Aguero and captained him rather than Hazard to Sane and captaining him. The difference is a whopping 49 points. I'm not sure there's any real lesson to be learnt there as I really think it's bad luck more than anything else.
You just bought the wrong ticket for the Pep lottery Nabs. I did the same. Even with the benefit of hindsight I can't see where the 'lesson to be learned' is.
Well, I did the exact same move as Nabeel and here's my take.

I don't think it was about Sané or Kun fundamentally. I thought either were a reasonable captaincy bet but marginally preferred Aguero, who I thought would probably start twice. Aubameyang :arrow: Kun(c) was the transfer I had in mind a week before the event.

So I'd need to examine why I did Hazard :arrow: Sané instead and there were three reasons. First was that I knew I'd want Aubameyang back and that it would therefore necessitate a cost of 4 points (it surely meant an extra hit). Hazard :arrow: Sané was an effective -4 whilst Auba :arrow: Kun was an effective -8.

Second, Chelsea were so dire against Bournemouth and Hazard had delivered nothing in 4 weeks in my team, other than to lose me points and budget on Salah. I had planned to keep him through GW25 but after GW24 I felt that seeing he only had 1 game left for me anyway, he could go now. And that related to the third element; he had already cost me 0.1m in effective TV and was about to leak another 0.1m.

So: 4 points, 0.1m TV and a frustration about Hazard's recent performances. That's why I made that decision that cost me 49 points (same as Nabs). And I think the lesson learned for me is that I tend to be a control freak where planning is concerned and always to try to do things in the most apparently 'efficient' way. What I didn't give enough weight to was who would I actually prefer to have as my City captain, because that (immediate) consideration would have pushed me the other way. Not hindsight, I said this beforehand. But I didn't weight it enough and estimated the Sané/Kun gap as being narrow enough that the way I went would be marginally better overall.

At that point, you can argue that the outcome produced a hugely unreasonable negative swing and I'd not disagree. But I always like to examine my decision-making in events like this and in my view there is a shade of something I know about myself, which is that I sometimes tend to focus too much on the mid-term and not enough on the immediate. Allowing those that just manage with a short-term horizon and more messily than I like to beat me quite often. :?

Not complaining, I don't mind and I'm not down on myself about it. :) But that's how I assess it for me.
I'm not sure that without hindsight Aguero was the better pick over Sane for short term. But at the end of the day, FPL is all about timing. And I really agree with your main point here. I'm someone who in the past has been quite short term focused, however, this season I've completely dialed it back and have not taken a hit yet. I've become really focused on planning ahead particularly looking at medium term. I remember watching Son terrorize Everton away, only to pass on him due to the Asian Cup. The past me would've definitely got him in, without a doubt after that performance. And he then got 2 more double figure hauls in his next 3. I think I'll be a bit more short term focused until the end of the season and see how that plays out. Will probably go through with the Richarlison :arrow: Jota hit despite the fitness concerns.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Last Time Watford played Everton , they really roughed Richarlison up. Expect the same again. [Deeney has already said It!!] :shock:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Nabs Kebabs wrote:
In my opinion it is not, raoul. I’m a football player myself and there have been many times a certain player only participated in the final training before a match and still was in the starting eleven.

However if you mean the player doesn’t participate in the final training either then I think it answers the question itself. If you’re not fit enough to take part in the final training session then you’re not fit enough to start the match.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Who's your Captain.
Had the captain on Auba all week, Now leaning towards Salah.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Stena Bib wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 17:15 Who's your Captain.
Had the captain on Auba all week, Now leaning towards Salah.
Gotta be Salah at home to the Cherries for me.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW26 PREVIEW

First hit of the season done. Richarlison has made way :arrow: Jota. With the game on Monday, I fully expect Jota to be fine to start,

Going into the GW like this:

Ryan
VVD Doherty Shaw AWB

Salah(c) Son(vc) Pogba Jota
Aubameyang Rashford

Button King Hojbjerg Bellerin

1.5m ITB

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

I have to say I’m still very tempted to take Mané instead of Jota. It saves me a transfer along the way and Mané should get more points ofcourse.

On the other hand I don’t yet know if I want a defensive doubleup and I don’t like to have six players in one game next GW..

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Joccki_10 wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 07:59 I have to say I’m still very tempted to take Mané instead of Jota. It saves me a transfer along the way and Mané should get more points ofcourse.

On the other hand I don’t yet know if I want a defensive doubleup and I don’t like to have six players in one game next GW..
It's kind of hard to compare players who are priced 3.5m apart. Personally, I don't see Mane outscoring Jota by much if at all as long as he continues to play this striker role. I really don't see many players in fpl offering the value Jota currently is. Mane is no doubt a good option though especially with the GW31 fixture locked in. Personally, I'm actually not focusing too much on GW31 and am playing a bit more short term until we have full information.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW26 REVIEW

GW Rank: 3.0m
OR: 23,265 :arrow: 36,292

Yet again a significant red arrow. Aguero and Sterling have really punished us managers who went for just Sane for GW25. City now of course have a blank along with Everton, Chelsea and Brighton.

My team looks like this at the moment:

Ryan(!)
VVD Doherty AWB
Salah Son(vc) Pogba Jota
Aubameyang(c) Rashford King

Button(!) Shaw Hojbjerg Bellerin(!)

1FT, 1.5m

After just taking my first hit of the season last GW, I'm contemplating another as I don't have a playing GK this week and I'm keen to finally move Bellerin on.

1) Bellerin :arrow: Leicester defender. I have them ranked Maguire, Pereira then Chilwell although they are all very good options imo
2) Button :arrow: Dubravka looks good considering Newcastle have Huddersfield and Burnley at home in the next 2.

Would appreciate transfer thoughts from anyone else as always though.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Hits for defenders are always a risk.
Obviously the keeper is the priority
Can you be reasonably confident that the Leicester defender (whichever you choose) is 4 points better than Shaw or Højbjerg? Whilst my move this week is most likely to be Chilwell for Shaw, budget dictating the defender choice, I wouldn’t personally do it for a hit

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 16:09 Hits for defenders are always a risk.
Obviously the keeper is the priority
Can you be reasonably confident that the Leicester defender (whichever you choose) is 4 points better than Shaw or Højbjerg? Whilst my move this week is most likely to be Chilwell for Shaw, budget dictating the defender choice, I wouldn’t personally do it for a hit
I've made the Button :arrow: Dubravka move. I'm still not sure about the hit at the back.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW27 PREVIEW

Transfers:
Button :arrow: Dubravka
Bellerin :arrow: Maguire (-4)

I was going to hold off on the hit because I thought AWB was a decent option to play this week, however, Hodgson has revealed he has a hamstring injury so I felt it made sense to bring in Maguire now.

This is what the team looks like heading into GW27:

Dubravka
VVD Maguire Doherty
Salah Son(vc) Pogba Jota
Aubameyang(c) Rashford King

Ryan Shaw Hojbjerg AWB

0.5m ITB

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

Nice GW Nabs :) . Are you still around?

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

dod wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 03:42 Nice GW Nabs :) . Are you still around?
Thanks Dod!

Unfortunately, I've been very busy lately as I'm currently doing my civil engineering thesis at uni...the semester started in late Feb and consequently, FPL has not been high on my priorities list lately. I haven been doing a very occasional lurk on here and FFS but that's about it. My rank had really been in free fall but last GW has kept the possibility of getting back into the top 10k alive which is now my goal for the season. Ironically, it was only a few months ago when I was complaining about how boring the top 10k was.

I've just used my 2FT for the GW. Only really spent a few minutes making the decision TBH. I'm going to wildcard next GW so these moves are only really for this week.

1) Hazard :arrow: Eriksen
Hazard was my captain last GW and scored an amazing solo goal but Chelsea have been terrible away so I really don't fancy him to do much at Anfield. As for Eriksen, I don't think it gets much more plum than a home fixture to an already relegated side.

2) AWB :arrow: Duffy
I've already got Ryan but why not add Duffy aswell? Brighton don't really tempt me with their attacking options where I think they will rotate. And they are generally quite solid at home so I think double defence could be the way to go.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

From a quick lurk on FFS, it seems a lot of people are wildcarding this GW? I don't get it at all. All of the top 6 have just played difficult European competition fixtures and will do so again next week. Surely, it makes more sense to play it next GW where we will have more information on injuries, rotation risks etc...
That's my plan anyway...

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

People are Wildcarding this week to allow them to use the BB in DGW35. If you WC next week then you are blocked from using the chip.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Is anyone able to find out how Nabs is doing this season?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 12:00 Is anyone able to find out how Nabs is doing this season?
My body is bust atm so I have too much spare time.

152k OR, 201 in the FISO forum league. 6870 in the FF scout league
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/3291277/history
Not posting in FISO atm but posts on FF scout forum.
Entering the final year of engineering and finance degree.
Works at the department of planning, lands and heritage Perth and stocks shelves at Woolworths on the night shift.

We put too much personal stuff on the internet these days.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Cheers, ONZ!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”