To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Nabs Kebabs RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: Nabs Kebabs RMT

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I have closed my eyes about Martial and taken the price drop. I don't even mind if he is fit this weekend (though I expect he will be, he was near last weekend). The fixtures after that are capable of making his price look way too low as long as Mourinho plays him regularly and I think he probably will. Martial at 7.5m is a risk worth carrying in my view.

I'd probably upgrade Paterson to Anderson myself, Cardiff do most of their good work at home and only have one good home fixture in the next 8. But Martial :arrow: Sané looks like a decent move as well.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 09:42 I have closed my eyes about Martial and taken the price drop. I don't even mind if he is fit this weekend (though I expect he will be, he was near last weekend). The fixtures after that are capable of making his price look way too low as long as Mourinho plays him regularly and I think he probably will. Martial at 7.5m is a risk worth carrying in my view.

I'd probably upgrade Paterson to Anderson myself, Cardiff do most of their good work at home and only have one good home fixture in the next 8. But Martial :arrow: Sané looks like a decent move as well.
Having considered quite a lot of options during the week, I've ended up doing the Paterson :arrow: Anderson move. Cheers for the suggestion mate! It gives my squad very strong depth to see out this period where we've seen plenty of rotation.

GW17 PREVIEW
I'll be lining up like this then:

Ryan
Alonso VVD Bellerin Doherty AWB
Hazard(vc) Felipe Anderson
Kane(c) Lacazette Wilson

Button Richarlison Martial Hojbjerg

0.9m ITB

This is the first time in my whole fpl career where I can recall voluntarily starting 5 defenders. There is a slight benching dilemma as I currently have Richarlison on the bench who is definitely playable despite the tough fixture. I'm open to suggestions on who to bench instead of him, although Wilson may be out anyway.
Last edited by Nabs Kebabs on 15 Dec 2018, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Believe it or not we have the exact same bench this week (except I have Martial at sub 3 because I don't expect him to start). We also have the exact same 5-2-3 setup and 4 of our 5 defenders represent the same teams. :shock:

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 01:10 Believe it or not we have the exact same bench this week (except I have Martial at sub 3 because I don't expect him to start). We also have the exact same 5-2-3 setup and 4 of our 5 defenders represent the same teams. :shock:
That is just weird, I mean who the heck plays 5-2-3 :shock: What really makes it strange as we've hardly communicated this season, so hopefully our strange set ups can do well :D

How do you feel about benching Richarlison? I'm a bit nervous with him on there as I feel he could really test the high line of City playing up top. However, I think Silva tends to use him as more of a target man who brings others into play, rather than go in behind.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

It took me 4 attempts looking at your line-up before I realised that Felipe Anderson was one player and you weren't fielding 12 out of your 16 man squad :lol: .

This might be excusable if I'd never heard of him, but I brought him in this GW :oops: .

:idea: Time for bed I think.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I feel OK with him at 1st Sub. But I do have Laporte so am happy to avoid the attacker v defender thing. Richarlison might score but I'd be very surprised to be benching a haul and I rate the chance of a Palace CS slightly above the chance of a Richarlison goal/assist this week.

But yeah, the 5-2-3 thing is totally weird, don't think I ever did it before either. :shock:

Fabianski
Doherty AWB Rüdiger Laporte Kolasinac
Salah Anderson
Kamara Kane(c) Aubameyang

Button Richarlison Højbjerg
Martial

That's me. :)
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 15 Dec 2018, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

dod wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 01:33 It took me 4 attempts looking at your line-up before I realised that Felipe Anderson was one player and you weren't fielding 12 out of your 16 man squad :lol: .

This might be excusable if I'd never heard of him, but I brought him in this GW :oops: .

:idea: Time for bed I think.
:lol:

Just saying Anderson doesn't feel right to me so I've been going by the full name, well actually his full name is Felipe Anderson Pereira Gomes :mrgreen:

In future I'll probably go just go with F.Anderson (as he wears on his shirt) to avoid this kind of confusion :D

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 01:36 I feel OK with him at 1st Sub. But I do have Laporte so am happy to avoid the attacker v defender thing. Richarlison might score but I'd be very surprised to be benching a haul and I rate the chance of a Palace CS slightly above the chance of a Richarlison goal/assist this week.

But yeah, the 5-2-3 thing is totally weird, don't think I ever did it before either. :shock:
Yeah, it shouldn't be a haul even if he does score. Hard to see him getting more than 7 or 8 points so the damage shouldn't be too bad if that happens.

And it really is mate, but defenders this season have been exceptional value so does make sense.

Good luck for the GW!

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW 17 REVIEW

Quite simply an ordinary week. A slight drop in OR to 5,649 with 50 points. I did manage to beat my cup opponent which was atleast one positive to take from the GW :)

Keeping Lacazette turned out to be OK as I had a feeling that he probably wouldn't start but would still get decent minutes. 45 mins saw him get an assist which was better than the blank Aubameyang produced.

Currently, my team looks like this:

Ryan
Alonso VVD Doherty
Hazard(c) F.Anderson Martial Richarlison
Kane Lacazette Wilson(vc)

Button Hojbjerg AWB
Bellerin

1 FT, 0.9m ITB

I'm quite confident with the armband on Haz. He just seems so much more reliable than City or Arsenal players despite them also having good looking home fixtures.

In terms of transfers, I'm actually thinking of saving the FT despite Bellerin possibly being out for "some weeks" as Emery said. This is because my defence is very strong as it is (my starting 3 are among the top 4 scoring defenders this season) and I have a plan. My plan is to have the option of getting Salah with 2 FT's next GW. This may seem a bit strange as Liverpool's upcoming fixtures aren't the best on paper:

GW18: wol
GW19: NEW
GW20: ARS
GW21: mci
GW22: bri

I'm keen on him bringing him in next GW because I think he's the best captain option for both GW19 and GW20. In GW19, there's not much point going into detail, he quite clearly looks the best captain option there. It's GW20 where most people will disagree. However, Chelsea have a reasonably tough fixture away at Palace, City have a decent fixture away at Southampton but there's always the unknown with rotation (the reason why I don't have any City players) so I expect most people to captain Kane at home against Wolves. The thing is, Arsenal are actually a much better team for attackers to play against going by the stats:

Big chances conceded:
Arsenal - 30
Wolves - 15 (lowest in the league)

Yep, Wolves have conceded the least amount of big chances out of all teams in the league and Arsenal have conceded double the amount they have. Furthermore, Arsenal have been chopping and changing formations and personnel due to injury which as an Arsenal supporter, doesn't give me much confidence that they will be tightening up any time soon.

So I think it could be worth it getting Salah in next GW due to extra value that captaincy provides. One possible route is to go Lacazette, Martial :arrow: Kamara, Salah. The main thing is to roll the FT and have the option for free open I think. I can afford a drop on Bellerin without losing value and the only defender I really want is Digne, who can definitely wait a few weeks as he is Spurs followed up by 2 away fixtures.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Nabs Kebabs wrote:I'm keen on bringing (Salah) in next GW because I think he's the best captain option for both GW19 and GW20. In GW19, there's not much point going into detail, he quite clearly looks the best captain option there. It's GW20 where most people will disagree.
Funnily enough... viewtopic.php?f=99&t=123196&p=3274255#p3274255.

The one braggart in the step for me is that Hazard & Sané become options for me only when I lose Salah. So it's a question of priorities, which and when. I really need Martial to step up now and demonstrate that I am right to have him because it's essentially Salah & Martial or Hazard & Sané for me. Hopefully the new manager will like him. :)

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 15:42
Nabs Kebabs wrote:I'm keen on bringing (Salah) in next GW because I think he's the best captain option for both GW19 and GW20. In GW19, there's not much point going into detail, he quite clearly looks the best captain option there. It's GW20 where most people will disagree.
Funnily enough... viewtopic.php?f=99&t=123196&p=3274255#p3274255.

The one braggart in the step for me is that Hazard & Sané become options for me only when I lose Salah. So it's a question of priorities, which and when. I really need Martial to step up now and demonstrate that I am right to have him because it's essentially Salah & Martial or Hazard & Sané for me. Hopefully the new manager will like him. :)
Yeah, since you have invested in Aubameyang, you can't have Salah, Hazard and Kane aswell. I'm thinking that the latter 3 are the best big hitters to own as they just feel the most reliable. Then there is of course Sterling aswell. I'm very scared of him this GW but long term I just don't see him being reliable enough. This has meant that there isn't really a template at the moment in midfield and attack - some have invested heavily in City while others like you and I haven't bothered. I can't really say the same about defence though where teams are extremely similar.

Regarding Martial, you'd expect him to do quite well with the upcoming fixtures and in your position I'd very likely hold on to him. In my position though, I can't see myself losing Anderson or Richarlison any time soon and I am very keen on Salah as I've explained for next GW. However, we all know that plans can be thrown out the window in this game so we'll see what happens and I'll reassess after the weekends action.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah. Sterling I'm actually less bothered about, he is being rotated and although there is a price difference I can always feel that Salah is capable of equalling/bettering him. I certainly think that's so over the next 3 games (like you I plan to captain Salah in GW19 & 20). Hazard and Sané are the ones that I feel I am missing. Pep has said before that when Mendy is unavailable they need Sané to provide width on the left and I actually think he is the most nailed of any City attacker right now. It is also helpful that when Mendy does return there will be an easy, same-price switch to KDB. So Sané should be in my team really. But he isn't.

Hazard I would like but don't mind waiting for. I think Salah :arrow: Hazard is very likely in GW21 for me but whether I get Sané at the same time, or a week later, or not at all (just go straight to KDB) is an open question. The fact is that City do most of their attacking damage in home games and after this weekend they have a run where they have most of their 'easy' fixtures away and the home games are generally relatively tough (Liverpool, Wolves and Chelsea will be three of the next four). So it may just be that I ride it without a City attacker until after the CC Final in GW27 (when they will have a blank almost certainly). In that whole period it is this week (GW18) that I most fear actually. Get through that relatively unscathed and I'll feel that things are looking up.

You are right about having Kane & Aubameyang (& Salah). You can't cover every base. I'm not sure that it's the right combination but I'm also not sure it isn't. So I will just play the cards I have given myself and see what ensues I think. The worst thing would be to knee-jerk around, taking hits, when the gains are quite uncertain and the combination that looks best may be different next week. That's my view on it in any case.

Incidentally, Solskjær has done well with Håland, his protégé at Molde and a striker that he himself has likened to Lukaku. So things could be looking up for the big Belgian with Solskjær in charge. Actually, United were reportedly interested in Håland (Juve also) but he has chosen to go to Red Bull Salzburg. He is the son of Alf-Inge Håland, who once played for Leeds and Man. City, and he was born in Leeds. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at United later on if Solskjær stays there permanently. But the point is that with Kane, Aguero, Aubameyang and quite possibly Lukaku as serious candidates (if Solskjær gets United attacking then couldn't you see Lukaku doing well with the upcoming fixtures?) then the current trend in FPL to go cheap upfront and load the midfield could prove very temporary. I am seeing a lot of teams with no striker more expensive than Wilson and I think that may prove to be a mistake. Having 2 big forwards (as I do) could actually turn out for the best. Who knows?

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 11:21 Yeah. Sterling I'm actually less bothered about, he is being rotated and although there is a price difference I can always feel that Salah is capable of equalling/bettering him. I certainly think that's so over the next 3 games (like you I plan to captain Salah in GW19 & 20). Hazard and Sané are the ones that I feel I am missing. Pep has said before that when Mendy is unavailable they need Sané to provide width on the left and I actually think he is the most nailed of any City attacker right now. It is also helpful that when Mendy does return there will be an easy, same-price switch to KDB. So Sané should be in my team really. But he isn't.

Hazard I would like but don't mind waiting for. I think Salah :arrow: Hazard is very likely in GW21 for me but whether I get Sané at the same time, or a week later, or not at all (just go straight to KDB) is an open question. The fact is that City do most of their attacking damage in home games and after this weekend they have a run where they have most of their 'easy' fixtures away and the home games are generally relatively tough (Liverpool, Wolves and Chelsea will be three of the next four). So it may just be that I ride it without a City attacker until after the CC Final in GW27 (when they will have a blank almost certainly). In that whole period it is this week (GW18) that I most fear actually. Get through that relatively unscathed and I'll feel that things are looking up.

You are right about having Kane & Aubameyang (& Salah). You can't cover every base. I'm not sure that it's the right combination but I'm also not sure it isn't. So I will just play the cards I have given myself and see what ensues I think. The worst thing would be to knee-jerk around, taking hits, when the gains are quite uncertain and the combination that looks best may be different next week. That's my view on it in any case.

Incidentally, Solskjær has done well with Håland, his protégé at Molde and a striker that he himself has likened to Lukaku. So things could be looking up for the big Belgian with Solskjær in charge. Actually, United were reportedly interested in Håland (Juve also) but he has chosen to go to Red Bull Salzburg. He is the son of Alf-Inge Håland, who once played for Leeds and Man. City, and he was born in Leeds. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at United later on if Solskjær stays there permanently. But the point is that with Kane, Aguero, Aubameyang and quite possibly Lukaku as serious candidates (if Solskjær gets United attacking then couldn't you see Lukaku doing well with the upcoming fixtures?) then the current trend in FPL to go cheap upfront and load the midfield could prove very temporary. I am seeing a lot of teams with no striker more expensive than Wilson and I think that may prove to be a mistake. Having 2 big forwards (as I do) could actually turn out for the best. Who knows?
I couldn't agree more on City players. I am sh*t scared they will haul this week but other than that the upcoming fixtures don't scare me at all. I expect Sterling to be heavily rotated in this period. Sane is clearly the best City attacker to have ATM imo since Mendy is out. However, while I see him as a very good option, I'm not sure he is actually better value than other mids such as F.Anderson and Richarlison. So I personally don't think he's anywhere near essential or anything like that. It looks like both of us will be going without City attack for a while and after this week, I think it will prove to be a good call. Let's just pray we don't killed this week.

Regarding the big hitters, once again I full agree. Aubameyang is quite clearly not a bad option and going out and taking hits isn't going to end well. He has some great home fixtures(great captain option this week) and is clearly Arsenal's most nailed attacker (due to the fact he can play up top or out wide). I tried to be too clever with my Lacazette pick.

United are an interesting case and I reckon I'll prefer to just sit back and watch. Lukaku would have to go on an incredible run for me to bring him in. Overall, I just feel that most of the team is too over priced due to finishing second last season. I do think Solskjær is a good manager but I also think it will take time as his style of play is completely the opposite to Mourinho's.

With the team structure thing, I think going cheap up top is OK if you are always planning ahead. Most managers are not doing this though so they end up in situations where they start taking hits and kneejerking things go wrong. At the moment, I think there is enough value in midfield and in strikers to go either way. It really just highlights how there isn't much of a template in attack at the moment because there are just a lot of viable options.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I'm less disposed against Lukaku than you, he is a player capable of big hauls given the right conditions. I guess all I'm saying is that he could become a contender and that would then mean 4 premium strikers in play.

William Hill have a festive goalscorer market where you place a tenner on your pick and get a bonus of a fiver free bet for every goal they score over the next 4 games (GW18-21). Lukaku is 10/1 and I will probably have a go on that. He certainly has the fixtures for it anyway. Martial at 33/1 isn't the worst idea either.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Rashford is also 33/1, might have a few punts on this festive goalscorer bet, thanks for linking up Ruth

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Nabs Kebabs wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 11:54
Ruth_NZ wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 11:21 Yeah. Sterling I'm actually less bothered about, he is being rotated and although there is a price difference I can always feel that Salah is capable of equalling/bettering him. I certainly think that's so over the next 3 games (like you I plan to captain Salah in GW19 & 20). Hazard and Sané are the ones that I feel I am missing. Pep has said before that when Mendy is unavailable they need Sané to provide width on the left and I actually think he is the most nailed of any City attacker right now. It is also helpful that when Mendy does return there will be an easy, same-price switch to KDB. So Sané should be in my team really. But he isn't.

I couldn't agree more on City players. I am sh*t scared they will haul this week but other than that the upcoming fixtures don't scare me at all. I expect Sterling to be heavily rotated in this period. Sane is clearly the best City attacker to have ATM imo since Mendy is out. However, while I see him as a very good option, I'm not sure he is actually better value than other mids such as F.Anderson and Richarlison. So I personally don't think he's anywhere near essential or anything like that. It looks like both of us will be going without City attack for a while and after this week, I think it will prove to be a good call. Let's just pray we don't killed this week.

Regarding the big hitters, once again I full agree. Aubameyang is quite clearly not a bad option and going out and taking hits isn't going to end well. He has some great home fixtures(great captain option this week) and is clearly Arsenal's most nailed attacker (due to the fact he can play up top or out wide). I tried to be too clever with my Lacazette pick.

United are an interesting case and I reckon I'll prefer to just sit back and watch. Lukaku would have to go on an incredible run for me to bring him in. Overall, I just feel that most of the team is too over priced due to finishing second last season. I do think Solskjær is a good manager but I also think it will take time as his style of play is completely the opposite to Mourinho's.

With the team structure thing, I think going cheap up top is OK if you are always planning ahead. Most managers are not doing this though so they end up in situations where they start taking hits and kneejerking things go wrong. At the moment, I think there is enough value in midfield and in strikers to go either way. It really just highlights how there isn't much of a template in attack at the moment because there are just a lot of viable options.
Great Post, I'm in the same boat want Sane, but sticking my 3 premiums for now...Hazard. Salah, Kane . :|

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Stena Bib wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 18:52
Great Post, I'm in the same boat want Sane, but sticking my 3 premiums for now...Hazard. Salah, Kane . :|
You have the right 3. :wink:

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW18 PREVIEW

Ryan
Alonso VVD Doherty
Hazard(c) F.Anderson Martial Richarlison
Kane Lacazette Wilson(vc)

Button Hojbjerg AWB
Bellerin

1FT, 0.9m ITB

I'm not exactly confident about this GW due to the lack of City players. However, I do think that after this week, the call to go without will be justified. So it's case of short term pain for long term gain. I see Hazard as a very reliable player at home so I'm hoping for him to give me a good captain score. Holding Bellerin on the bench despite his injury and rolling the FT through for a bit more flexibility next GW.

Good luck all for the GW and Merry Christmas! :)

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

VVD!

I bought this guy on my GW4 WC where I got rid of Robertson. This is despite Robertson outscoring him in the first 3 GW's. The thinking was that long term, VVD was more nailed and therefore a better selection on WC.

Fast forward to around GW12/13 - Robertson had been comfortably outscoring VVD during that period and I was seriously considering doing a sideways move to revert back to Robertson. However, I then decided with the busy schedule coming up, this was the best time to hold on to VVD as I got him for nailedness.

He has now outscored Robbo since I got him GW4! :D

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Nabs Kebabs wrote:It looks like both of us will be going without City attack for a while and after this week, I think it will prove to be a good call. Let's just pray we don't killed this week.
Your prayers were answered. :)

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 22 Dec 2018, 20:31
Nabs Kebabs wrote:It looks like both of us will be going without City attack for a while and after this week, I think it will prove to be a good call. Let's just pray we don't killed this week.
Your prayers were answered. :)
They sure were! Well done on captain Auba, as I said earlier excellent choice. Very interesting that Ville Ronka dumped Kane for him. Unfortunately, my captain blanked, so I couldn't get ahead of the City captainers :(

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW18 REVIEW

GW Rank: 2.3m

A decent week and a green arrow to OR: 5,050 but eliminated from the cup. Hazard blanking as captain was annoying but if you told me that Hazard would score the same amount of points as Sane and Sterling before the GW, I would've been very happy.

I've actually already gone ahead and used my 2 FT's. I usually avoid early transfers but it's not exactly early when the next GW starts in 2 days. As I had been writing about earlier, I was very keen to have Salah for the captain option GW19 and GW20. Before transfers my team was looking like this:

Ryan
Alonso VVD Doherty AWB
Hazard F.Anderson Richarlison Martial
Kane Lacazette

Button Wilson Hojbjerg Bellerin

Before last GW started my rough plan was Lacazette, Martial :arrow: Salah, Kamara. However, this was just a rough plan and I wasn't too keen on losing Martial but it was the only way I could see to bring in Salah. After Saturday, I knew I couldn't lose Martial after a great performance with those excellent fixtures. So I wasn't too sure what I was going to. After the Spurs game, I was then considering all kinds of options such as forgetting about Salah and bringing in Son. But that would have been a massive kneejerk as Son is off to the Asian Cup soon. I also thought about losing Kane to get Salah but that just doesn't seem a great idea considering his fixtures. Then it finally hit me, I could do my inital plan but lose F.Anderson instead of Martial. Not ideal to lose F.Anderson as he is still a very good option but I think Martial is a slighly better player, a much better finisher and has the better fixtures.

So, my moves were:

Lacazette, F.Anderson :arrow: Salah, Kamara.
Last edited by Nabs Kebabs on 24 Dec 2018, 06:10, edited 2 times in total.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

GW19 PREVIEW

*Subject to change due to pressers etc

Ryan
Alonso VVD Doherty AWB
Salah(c) Hazard Martial(vc) Richarlison
Kane Wilson

Button Kamara
Hojbjerg Bellerin

I have a slight concern that Kane could be benched due to the fact that Spurs play 4 PL games in 10 days. I'm not expecting it to happen but it wouldn't exactly be a massive surprise so that's why I've given the VC to Martial. Overall, it's been quite a few GW's since I've felt really good about my team but now I do feel it looks good to really push on.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Our teams are now looking extremely similar with just Ryan/Alonso/Martial/Wilson - Fabiański/Robertson/Pogba/Son in it for this GW. How do you feel about not owning Aubameyang?

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Joccki_10 wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 08:09 Our teams are now looking extremely similar with just Ryan/Alonso/Martial/Wilson - Fabiański/Robertson/Pogba/Son in it for this GW. How do you feel about not owning Aubameyang?
Wow. Just clicked on your link and saw your score. Great GW mate!

Yep, looking very similar. Why did you get Pogba over Martial if you don't mind explaining your reasoning? I didn't really have the choice as I already had Martial...but I do think he's more of an fpl player than Pogba is.

Regarding Auba, I'm looking at getting him in, potentially at the expense of Kane. I do think I'll be holding on to Salah and Hazard for the long haul. Despite Kane having very good fixtures, I actually don't think I'll be captaining him too much:

GW19 and GW20 - I've already explained that I want Salah C for both these GW's.
GW21 - Hazard(SOT) and Auba(FUL) look better than Kane(car)
GW22- Hazard(NEW) and Auba (whu) while Kane has (MUN)
GW23 - Kane has (ful) but Salah has (CPL)
GW24 - Kane good fixture (WAT) but Auba(CAR) looks better. Salah(LEI) is also a great option
GW25 - Excellent for Kane(NEW) but Hazard(HUD) is just as good. Salah(whu) is also very good.
GW26 - Kane(LEI) is good but Salah(BOU) is better imo. And Auba(hud) very good aswell.
GW27 - Auab(SOT) or Hazard(BRI) are better than Kane(bur)

So, it's quite feasible that I would captain him 0 times in that period of 9GW's. Not really getting 12.5m worth if so.

Therefore, I have Kane :arrow: Auba pencilled in for GW21. I haven't got it down in permanent marker though :wink: But yeah I do think he looks more valuable than Kane and I underestimated how nailed on he is. I really thought that Lacazette was just as nailed considering he completed 90 mins in all games between GW4-12 except for GW8 where he was subbed off after 79mins after scoring a brace. Clearly thought wrong. :(

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Nabs Kebabs wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 09:47 Wow. Just clicked on your link and saw your score. Great GW mate!
Thanks. :)
Nabs Kebabs wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 09:47Why did you get Pogba over Martial if you don't mind explaining your reasoning? I didn't really have the choice as I already had Martial...but I do think he's more of an fpl player than Pogba is.
I had the same discussion with Ruth on this. I'll give you both are thoughts if he doesn't mind. :P
Ruth_NZ wrote:23 Dec 2018, 21:17 Regarding Pogba/Martial, well, here's a thought. I remember the game after Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea, around this time in 2015. Chelsea were brilliant, won 3-1 but it could easily have been 6. Oscar had his best ever game in a Chelsea shirt. And the main response from the fans was to sing Mourinho's name and what the players got was "where were you when we were sh!t." Which was what they deserved, of course. Even the goals only got a muted response. But that's another story. The main point is that the players turned it on that day, especially Oscar, but it didn't last.

I wonder if it's the same with Pogba. Martial has been good all season and is their top goalscorer. He was MOTM yesterday. I think I would trust him more than Pogba.
I got his point but to be honest I think there's a big difference between an interim like Hiddink and an interim like Solskjær. The comments made by the latter do really convince me about their style of play. He has nothing to lose really and the same applies to Pogba. He has been criticized so much this season already - and rightly so - but is there anything that can harm him even more? He will step up now. Martial will also prove to be a very good FPL player but I think his returns will be more limited because of two things. One, he is likely to play less in my opinion. Two, when he plays together with Lukaku, he will be more restricted to play wide. When Rashford plays in the centre, he will run into wide areas and make space for other runners. Lukaku will just be the big striker he is. Five of Martial's eight PL goals this season have come when Lukaku wasn't on the pitch. :!: And Pogba seems to be on penalties still.
Nabs Kebabs wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 09:47 Regarding Auba, I'm looking at getting him in, potentially at the expense of Kane. I do think I'll be holding on to Salah and Hazard for the long haul. Despite Kane having very good fixtures, I actually don't think I'll be captaining him too much:

GW19 and GW20 - I've already explained that I want Salah C for both these GW's.
GW21 - Hazard(SOT) and Auba(FUL) look better than Kane(car)
GW22- Hazard(NEW) and Auba (whu) while Kane has (MUN)
GW23 - Kane has (ful) but Salah has (CPL)
GW24 - Kane good fixture (WAT) but Auba(CAR) looks better. Salah(LEI) is also a great option
GW25 - Excellent for Kane(NEW) but Hazard(HUD) is just as good. Salah(whu) is also very good.
GW26 - Kane(LEI) is good but Salah(BOU) is better imo. And Auba(hud) very good aswell.
GW27 - Auab(SOT) or Hazard(BRI) are better than Kane(bur)

So, it's quite feasible that I would captain him 0 times in that period of 9GW's. Not really getting 12.5m worth if so.

Therefore, I have Kane :arrow: Auba pencilled in for GW21. I haven't got it down in permanent marker though :wink: But yeah I do think he looks more valuable than Kane and I underestimated how nailed on he is. I really thought that Lacazette was just as nailed considering he completed 90 mins in all games between GW4-12 except for GW8 where he was subbed off after 79mins after scoring a brace. Clearly thought wrong. :(
Don't you think that's a pretty bold move considering Kane then has 4 home fixtures in his next 6 and 2 away games against Cardiff and Fulham? :shock:

Anyway, our thoughts on this as well. We discussed this because I will likely pull the trigger on Aubameyang :arrow: Kane tonight with my second FT. :lol:
Ruth_NZ wrote:23 Dec 2018, 21:17 If I look over the next 6 GWs, Aubameyang has 2 great home fixtures, 2 good away fixtures and 2 tougher fixtures. Although for some reason I have a very strong feeling that he will do well at Anfield. Maybe it's wishful thinking. :) Kane has 4 home fixtures and on the face of it they are better but I really don't think the next 2 are the easiest. I know Bournemouth haven't been the best defence recently but I was at the Chelsea-Bournemouth game last Wednesday and Howe's team were really well organised and solid. Essentially they played 5-4-1 and looked for the counter-attack. And then they kept a CS yesterday, of course. I think Howe has been drilling them to re-focus the defence and that they'll go to Spurs with exactly the same, solid 5-4-1 as they used at Chelsea.

Which is a long way around to saying that I think Aubameyang could easily score more points than Kane in GW19. [...] Kane does have a fair record against Bournemouth, though, so it depends how much weight you'd put on that.
I already know I'll get rid of Aubameyang either now or after the Brighton game. I watched Arsenal - Burnley on Saturday and my honest opinion is that Arsenal got away with one. If Burnley had a bit more attacking flair, they could've easily gone one or even two nil up before half-time. And I know that has nothing to do with the Gunners' attacking potential, but I'm just not convinced by them as a whole. I count myself lucky that Aubameyang scored two goals - and unlucky that I took the band off of him lastminute - but their others players just don't fill me with enough confidence to keep him over a longer spell. I think their performance against Spurs in the league was a fluke and they won't compete for a CL spot.

Kane then. Well, Spurs have 6 home fixtures in their next 8. Six! And two away games against Cardiff and Fulham. Kane has scored six goals and got four assists in the last seven league games he started. At least one return in every single one of those. Son will be leaving for the Asian Cup, so Harry will be the main man again after GW22. So if I already know I want him and I'm going to lose Aubameyang, it makes sense to do it know, right? Besides, I will be attending their game at home to Wolves next weekend. I'd like to celebrate his goals! :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

To which I'd just add that I am very happy to have them both. :mrgreen:

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 11:14 To which I'd just add that I am very happy to have them both. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Joccki_10 wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 10:47
Ruth_NZ wrote:23 Dec 2018, 21:17 Regarding Pogba/Martial, well, here's a thought. I remember the game after Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea, around this time in 2015. Chelsea were brilliant, won 3-1 but it could easily have been 6. Oscar had his best ever game in a Chelsea shirt. And the main response from the fans was to sing Mourinho's name and what the players got was "where were you when we were sh!t." Which was what they deserved, of course. Even the goals only got a muted response. But that's another story. The main point is that the players turned it on that day, especially Oscar, but it didn't last.

I wonder if it's the same with Pogba. Martial has been good all season and is their top goalscorer. He was MOTM yesterday. I think I would trust him more than Pogba.
I got his point but to be honest I think there's a big difference between an interim like Hiddink and an interim like Solskjær. The comments made by the latter do really convince me about their style of play. He has nothing to lose really and the same applies to Pogba. He has been criticized so much this season already - and rightly so - but is there anything that can harm him even more? He will step up now. Martial will also prove to be a very good FPL player but I think his returns will be more limited because of two things. One, he is likely to play less in my opinion. Two, when he plays together with Lukaku, he will be more restricted to play wide. When Rashford plays in the centre, he will run into wide areas and make space for other runners. Lukaku will just be the big striker he is. Five of Martial's eight PL goals this season have come when Lukaku wasn't on the pitch. :!: And Pogba seems to be on penalties still.
I think Pogba will play well for the rest of the season as I can see OGS giving him a lot more freedom. The thing is, I just don't see him as much of an fpl player as Martial. Martial is pure end product - that's his game. Where as Pogba can still play well and influence games without scoring or assisting. As for penalties, Lingard took the one against Cardiff so it doesn't looks like Pogba is on them. And on your point about Lukaku, I completely disagree. Yes Martial scored 5/8 PL goals without Lukaku but that's not because Lukaku was not playing. It's because Lukaku got dropped when Martial had just started his run of form and game time. Martial has played a lot more mins without Lukaku so that's why he has more goals without him. In the 3 games they started together, Martial scored 3 goals. And, tactically, while Rashford may drift wide more to create space, Lukaku is far better at holding up the ball and dropping deep to create space so Martial can play off him more. I see playing with Lukaku as being more advantageous in that sense.
Joccki_10 wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 10:47 Don't you think that's a pretty bold move considering Kane then has 4 home fixtures in his next 6 and 2 away games against Cardiff and Fulham? :shock:

Anyway, our thoughts on this as well. We discussed this because I will likely pull the trigger on Aubameyang :arrow: Kane tonight with my second FT. :lol:
It's a bold move on paper but when you think about what I'm really doing, it's a defensive move. I'm covering my ass with captaincy. If I don't have Aubamayeng for games like Fulham and Cardiff at home where almost all his owners will captain him, I could plummet in the OR.
On the other hand, Kane's home fixtures occur in GW's where there are plenty of other just as good options. This means the armband will be more spread by managers so there's less of a risk there.
Joccki_10 wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 10:47 I already know I'll get rid of Aubameyang either now or after the Brighton game. I watched Arsenal - Burnley on Saturday and my honest opinion is that Arsenal got away with one. If Burnley had a bit more attacking flair, they could've easily gone one or even two nil up before half-time. And I know that has nothing to do with the Gunners' attacking potential, but I'm just not convinced by them as a whole. I count myself lucky that Aubameyang scored two goals - and unlucky that I took the band off of him lastminute - but their others players just don't fill me with enough confidence to keep him over a longer spell. I think their performance against Spurs in the league was a fluke and they won't compete for a CL spot.
Regarding Arsenal, on Saturday Burnley came to the Emirates with the intention of kicking Arsenal off the park. In previous seasons, this would've probably worked but now that we have a lot more steel in players such as Sokratis, Kolasinac, Xhaka and Torreira we can't be bullied. I thought the better team clearly won. That's not to say it wasn't looking nervy at 2-1 when Barnes scored but overall we deserved the win. Was Auba lucky to score 2 goals? I'm not sure why he would be. Class finisher and when presented the chances he's a good chance of scoring them and that's exactly what he did. He's the purest goal scorer in the league, one only has to look at conversion stats to see what I'm talking about. Comparing him with Kane and the other two main goalscorers of the league:

2017/18
Auba - 32.3%
Kane - 16.3%
Salah - 22.2%
Aguero 22.3%

2018/19
Auba - 27.9%
Kane - 18%
Salah - 17.2%
Aguero - 14.5%

He blows them out of the water. Some may call this unsustainable, I call it clearly the most clinical striker in the league.

I disagree the win against Spurs was a fluke. The only big team that outplayed us this season was Man City in the first game of the season. We lost 3-2 to Chelsea in the second game but many people would say we deserved to win. So many clear cut chances were missed by Iwobi, Mkhiyaryan and even Aubameyang in that game. We held our own against Liverpool, outplayed Spurs and played well at Old Trafford in the 2-2 draw. We lost against Southampton but I actually saw it coming. Our defence was just too weakened by suspensions and injuries. I knew we had a weakness in the air that game and that's exactly how all the goals conceded were scored. Overall, I'd say we're slightly behind Tottenham and Chelsea, but we will atleast compete for a CL spot. Equal on points with Chelsea currently.
Joccki_10 wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 10:47 Kane then. Well, Spurs have 6 home fixtures in their next 8. Six! And two away games against Cardiff and Fulham. Kane has scored six goals and got four assists in the last seven league games he started. At least one return in every single one of those. Son will be leaving for the Asian Cup, so Harry will be the main man again after GW22. So if I already know I want him and I'm going to lose Aubameyang, it makes sense to do it know, right? Besides, I will be attending their game at home to Wolves next weekend. I'd like to celebrate his goals! :lol:
Aubamayeng is top of the golden boot despite playing less minutes and currently is actually less of a rotation risk due to Tottenham's packed schedule. He also has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 6 games.

To answer your question though, it does make sense to do it now if you are going to do it. I just don't agree with doing it in the first place :)
Last edited by Nabs Kebabs on 24 Dec 2018, 14:24, edited 3 times in total.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Just some additional thoughts I have here regarding Kane.

BOU/WOL/car/MUN/ful/WAT/NEW/LEI

I'm thinking of getting rid GW21 because I want Auba captain home to Fulham. Now, not having Kane isn't really going to hurt in GW21 or GW22. In GW21, the vast majority of top managers will captain Auba or Hazard.

It's mainly the 3 home games in a row where you'd really want Kane, and potentially away at Fulham, although again he's unlikely to hurt you too much because Salah home to Palace is the more obvious captain choice.

So, how about the possibility of selling him GW21 and buying back in GW23 or GW24. To do this, Hazard can be the big hitter make way because he has two away games (Arsenal and Bournemouth) in GW23 and GW24.

That's what I'm thinking of doing anyway.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”