To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT - bringing wildcard forward?

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
danjones
Treebeard

RMT - bringing wildcard forward?

Post by danjones »

current team:
patricio / hamer
laporte / alonso / robertson / awb / doherty
fraser / mane / hazard / dsilva / richarlison
aguero / jiminez / arno
1 FT. £0.2 ITB.

Was planning to wildcard in a couple of weeks for the fixture swing, but frustrations with Hazard and Aguero have me thinking I can bring it forward. Playing a 352 with a fully playing bench because Christmas is coming, but only one strong sub. Could be tempted into a keeper switch as well.

Players in would be Sterling (so Aguero and DSilva out) plus a Spurs attacker.
Aguero / DSilva / Hazard out, Kane / Sterling / Martial in
would need funding by 0.4 somewhere (Doherty -> Bennett? Arno -> a rejuventated Mitro?, Jiminez to a lesser player?)

Same outs, Aubameyang / Alli / Sterling in would need funding by £0.3 - same options as above.
Eriksen instead of Alli, which I'd probably prefer if he's properly back, would need funding by £0.6, so at least two of those options, or maybe Digne.

The Arsenal/Spurs/Sterling option covers both good fixture runs for me, so appeals, but then i'm hesitant to leave myself with three sub-super premium captaincy options (Mane/Sterling/Aubameyang). Having Kane fells like a more secure captaincy option, but has Spurs' season turned after just one game, with critical Champions League fixtures ahead?

Or, nothing major needed, hold tight? Guess i'm just looking for some input as I don't trust myself feeling itchy like I do!

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Re: RMT - bringing wildcard forward?

Post by dod »

Do you have a logical reason for wildcarding or are you just kneejerking because you had a bad GW? You won't feel any better when your current team outscores your wildcard team next GW.

You obviously had a plan based around the fixture shift. You don't seem to have one now. You just seem to be chasing last week's points.

danjones
Treebeard

Post by danjones »

Thanks dod - the reason for the WC is that in order to replace Aguero and Hazard with who i'd want going forwards, i'd need to make additional changes, which means either 4 hits, or a WC. Hazard's continuing non-performance and seeming desire to leave makes me want to move him on - I'll still have Alonso for Chelsea's fixture run, and Aguero being perma-subbed early means i'd rather have Sterling and have the bench cover his rests.

I could do Sterling and Aubameyang as a -4, which gives a Sterling / DSilva double-up, and leave a Spurs asset until after the Gunners, but that only makes sense if I take a Spurs mid rather than Kane. If Kane is the best Spurs option, then I'd need to WC as it would have to be 4+ changes to get Kane + Sterling.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

It just seems a really weird time to take Hazard out, just before he has a home game vs. FUL. I can see why you would want Sterling and Kane but are you sure they're the best options? Sane and Aubameyang also look promising. I own Sterling and am considering bringing Kane in this GW but I'll probably be captaining Hazard. In your position I'd want to get as much information as possible and wildcard in GW16. In fact, that's exactly what I'm doing :lol: .

Your team is a good example of how inflexibility hurts. The triple-ups on MCI and WOL in particular. The WOL one isn't so bad as it's unlikely that you would want anyone else from that team but that's never going to be the case with MCI. I think owning Laporte is a mistake. Not because he is a bad pick but because there are plenty of decent defenders from other teams around that price-point that wouldn't cockblock you when you want to shuffle your MCI assets around.

danjones
Treebeard

Post by danjones »

I think that's the sensible input I needed dod, no need to knee-jerk, and gain an extra week's data on potential changes. Hopefully that'll make the decision about which combination of Auba / Kane / Sane / Sterling / Martial / Hazard / Alli / Eriksen I'll take forwards.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”