To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

A Small Personal Torment

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

A Small Personal Torment

Post by zipnolan »

I don't normally post this kind of question, but it's been nagging at me. For some reason that I'll probably regret bitterly later this evening, this week (GW10) I brought Arnautovic and Mendy into my team, dropping Aguero and W-B (I know, I know, but for some reason it seemed a good idea at the time. It's happened now).

The original intention was to go Walcott to de Bruyne next week (GW 11), leaving a rather suspect front line of Arnautovic / Jimenez / Mitrovic but a stronger midfield.

I'm now wondering to take a 4 point hit, and go Walcott to Deulofeu and Mitrovic back to Aguero.

Both options use up all my funds.

What do you think? Original plan, or hastily-revised one?

(For the purposes of this torment I am assuming that Arnie, Hazard and de B will all be fit for next week.)

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Re: A Small Personal Torment

Post by Patrician »

I think those transfers were fine, Arnie didn't play because he was ill, Aguero is probably too much budget to be tied up in someone playing only 60-70 minutes. Mendy is a great pick, W-B is a bench player at best. Assuming you have two good captaincy picks like Salah/Haz etc, then you probably will not be putting the armband on Aguero. Don't doubt yourslef because of a little misfortune.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Here's the dumb FPL player opinion:
Neither is a worse option IMHO. Aguero is more secure in terms of form, but KDB could well be more secure in terms of starts.
And if two options seem to be equally good (or bad), taking the one that involves no hit is the better one.

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

Very many thanks both! I feel better already....

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

If it helps I also did the exact same move, keeping Fraser against Fulham with enough money to upgrade him to KDB after tonight’s Spurs game. I’m hoping KDB can deliver similar points to Aguero for a lot less budget. It’s sound in theory but will be hiding behind the sofa tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

Your original plan was good. Don't be so outcome orientated.

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

A Small Personal Torment

Post by escape_to_victory »

We probably went a little early, that’s the truth of it, as Pep reintroduces KDB slowly and there is a lot of uncertainty. But also things are falling into place quite nicely. Aguero was anonymous and got hauled off early again, and KDB got some more minutes under the belt. There is confirmation bias there, of course, but it’s not a bad situation.

I didn’t want KDB to score points so I didn’t have to worry about a price rise but I would have liked to have seen him play better and it is still unclear how match fit he is. He got some good minutes in the champions league and a few more last night. Maybe it will take him a few more games to get up and running. I do think we went too early but KDB will deliver good points this season and I would like to be on him early. Form temporary, class permanent.

We also have the league cup match on Thursday to help us decide whether KDB will be a starter on Sunday.

I am considering Mahrez now, however, although Mendy’s poor performance last night makes Mahrez a slight doubt. I think if Mendy is dropped/suspended then Mahrez gets dropped for Sane. It doesn’t look like Mendy is going to receive a retrospective ban though so one option for me is to jump on Mahrez and then move across to KDB when he starts to show some signs. I never like these moves though as there is always some fire that needs to be put out. But Mahrez definitely is an option. His form is good and if he keeps playing then maybe he can be a medium term keeper.

As per normal, the City squad is so good that rotation is always an issue, especially in the midfield, but I’ve personally just strengthened my bench with my WC for this winter period as rotation is always a problem as cup competitions ramp up.

Ultimately, I feel happy about my decision to drop Aguero - he has delivered points and he is a consistent starter, but it’s a lot of budget for someone that is also consistently being subbed early. It makes the big hauls less likely and he’s not a captaincy option at the minute. I think Marko is a good pick and can deliver similar points to Aguero over the coming weeks (if Aguero continues to be subbed early) with the fixtures Arnautovic has. We were unlucky this week.

Anyway, I hope you feel better about the decision too. Let’s hope the match against Fulham sheds some light on whether to pull the trigger on KDB. I just love to watch the guy play football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”