To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Raoul's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Re: Raoul's RMT

Post by BobMem »

I've got Masuaku at £4.3. I think he's playing reverse OOP, which isn't the best, but got an assist at the weekend, and has lovely fixtures.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

dod wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 20:57
raoul wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 16:58 Gudmundsson. My M5, and a likely bench sitter (aka rotation insurance).

He feels too expensive to have in this role and should be downgraded to a 4.5 to free up 1.4 to go into defence.

Any thoughts people?

Robertson, Kane (Barce coming...), Sane must all be rotation risks this weekend?
Have you considered Gibbs-White? 4.3m and talented. He looked great against Spurs and Chelsea. He would be your 3rd Wolves player but it's not as if you are likely to want anyone else from that team. Your squad looks less likely to be badly hurt by rotation than most that I've seen so you could live with an M5 that might miss a game or two.
I looked at him a fortnight ago but had 3 Wolves. Now Bennett's gone... hmmm. I like.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

GW16 Review

26 (-8). GW position around 5.7m.

Fallen to 316k from 100k.

Leaving Robertson 11pts on the bench didn't help. Nor did Sigurdsson missing a penalty. And all 3 forwards failed to start.

The question is whether there is something fundamentally wrong in my squad or whether it was just a freak week.

GK

Fabianski and Steele. Looks fine to me.

DEF

Robertson, Laporte, Keane, Doherty, AWB. Obviously there are other players available but I don't see much wrong here.

MID

Sterling, Sane, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Gudmundsson.

Been aiming to lose Gudmundsson. Have no cheap bench player in front 8. Having said that, Gudmundsson did better than most of my mids this week. Trade him down as far as possible and use the funds next week to upgrade. Question is who and where to upgrade.

FWD

Kane, Wilson, Jimenez.

Ok I brought in Wilson at the worst time but he replaced Arnie. Not a bad selection.

Overall I don't see much wrong in the above. Lots of players I could bring in. But who are the weak links to remove?

I think it was a freak week. No knee-jerk reaction needed.

Yes?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Freak week indeed

Kane , Jimenez, Mitro for me, luckily I’d held onto Salah tho!

Team looks fine, if it were me I’d be getting in Felipe and Torreira for Siggy and Gud.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Funnily enough, Gudmundsson is one I am thinking about bringing in. :? Next couple weeks aren't great but in the 16 weeks from GW19-34 Burnley have a very nice fixture run, they only play top-6 three times in 16 weeks and there's only one really tough away fixture. Gudmundsson is pretty integral to Burnley so I'd say he could be a pretty good set-and-forget all the way through to 2nd wildcard. I guess it depends on whether you think Burnley will start to get their act together.

I agree with you about the lack of a cheap player in attack but Jimenez - the obvious one to downgrade - actually has a very nice run from GW23-29 if you can rotate him through the tricky next 6 weeks (and if he can keep his place in Wolves' starting XI, which is less certain). I'm guessing you have him cheap so this may not be the time to shed him.

If you are looking at weak links, triple Everton can't be right with the next fixtures as they are. I'd suggest Keane :arrow: Kolasinac and Sigurdsson :arrow: Anderson as a good starting point and think that would be worth a -4.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 13:41 Funnily enough, Gudmundsson is one I am thinking about bringing in. :? Next couple weeks aren't great but in the 16 weeks from GW19-34 Burnley have a very nice fixture run, they only play top-6 three times in 16 weeks and there's only one really tough away fixture. Gudmundsson is pretty integral to Burnley so I'd say he could be a pretty good set-and-forget all the way through to 2nd wildcard. I guess it depends on whether you think Burnley will start to get their act together.

I agree with you about the lack of a cheap player in attack but Jimenez - the obvious one to downgrade - actually has a very nice run from GW23-29 if you can rotate him through the tricky next 6 weeks (and if he can keep his place in Wolves' starting XI, which is less certain). I'm guessing you have him cheap so this may not be the time to shed him.

If you are looking at weak links, triple Everton can't be right with the next fixtures as they are. I'd suggest Keane :arrow: Kolasinac and Sigurdsson :arrow: Anderson as a good starting point and think that would be worth a -4.
I agree with the 3 Everton thing. I had a mind to lose Richarlison but he is scoring again. Keane has just arrived as an upgrade with a view to not paying too much for him, rotating for a couple of weeks, then enjoying the Everton fixture run. Maybe AWB to Kolasinac? Would give great strength to defence and Palace do not seem so good at avoiding conceding as they were.

I am not convinced Burnley are going to fix themselves enough for Gudmundsson to get much of a return. He is far from a disaster, but I worry that Burnley's desire to hoof it into one of their big strikers means he gets bypassed.

And all of the above means i would still have 8 playing forwards (unless of course they all get benched again...), but with the winter rotation maybe now is not the time to get a bench warmer in.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

AWB, Gudmundsson and Sigurdsson :arrow: Kolasinac, Torreira and Anderson, for 8pts of hit.

Considering adding Jimenez :arrow: Rashford, but given the fixture this week maybe that can be done for free next week instead.

Thoughts?

Liking the imminent Everton fixtures but agree 3 players is too many, and am not sure Everton are a team likely to score that many.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I think AWB has his benefits as a rotator and helps squad efficiency. But if you are interested in efficiency, why Torreira at 5.1m, that's surely too much for a bench/rotation midfielder? Camarasa is plenty at 4.6m, plays every game, is quite attacking and is on penalties.

I can understand keeping Keane if you can bench him for the next couple. For a -8, maybe something like Sigurdsson, Gudmundsson, Jimenez :arrow: Hazard, Camarasa, Success/Kamara might be worth considering? Essentially that would create a 4-4-2 hybrid with Doherty, AWB, Keane, Camarasa and Success rotating (play 2 of 5) each week. That's not a bad structure and quite efficient at maximising rotation efficiency while putting a big percentage of your budget on the pitch every week.

You could also save 4 points by phasing that over 2 weeks but then you'd miss Hazard @ Brighton this weekend.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

After some thought, I decided to look at some options. I then broke a rule and got all decisive despite not being in a calm state of mind.

Sigurdsson, Gudmundsson and AWB :arrow: Felipe Anderson, Torreira, Kolasinac.

Arsenal and West Ham seem to have goals in them. Burnley do not, and Everton look more defensive than goal crazy.

My squad has a lot on the bench but equally a lot of choice each week, and with rotation likely even after the CL groups are done I suspect this is no bad thing.

It has a bit of desperation written over it rather than strategy, but there you go. Felt in need of a punt.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

GW 17 Preview

Well it can't be any worse than last week's shambles.

Fabianski

Robertson / Laporte / Doherty

Sterling (vc) / Sane / Felipe Anderson / Torreira

Kane (c) / Wilson / Jimenez

(Steele, Kolasinac, Richarlison, Keane)

Bench looks far too good and I am tempted to swap Kolasinac in for Torreira, but in all likelihood some rotation (or a Wilson injury) will mean the bench gets some pitch time anyway.

Let's see...

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Those are 3 good players you brought in anyhow. My reservation about Torreira was structural rather than anything else. To wit, this week. How can you pick him in front of Kolasinac? Although I doubt Wilson will be fit so Kolasinac will probably play for you anyway. But he surely has a higher potential than Torreira does, no?

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

I'd definitely play Kolasinac ahead of Torreira. Overall your team seems fine. Last GW for you was a horror but I don't think it was something you could have predicted. Some people get killed by lightning but that doesn't mean we should all wear rubber hats :wink: .

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

GW17 Review

Fabianski

Robertson / Laporte / Doherty

Sterling (vc) / Sane / Felipe Anderson / Torreira

Kane (c) / Wilson / Jimenez

(Steele, Kolasinac, Richarlison, Keane)

63 (-8)
up to 267,564th

My last 3 GW rankings:

184,294th
5,756,062nd
344,577th

Well, 2 out of 3 is still bad, it seems.

GW17 was ok, to be fair. Got the benchings right for once. Even my GK got points, and that has not been happening much.

OK, so captain Kane was far from majestic but he got some points at least, and most of my points were spread rather than any hauls.

Next week, will probably roll the FT. Scarily, I can put out a team that has 11 home fixtures (although that would mean benching Kane and Robertson), so I am rather hopeful of a decent week.

Famous last words?

dod
FISOhead

Post by dod »

raoul wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 13:45 Famous last words?
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ..." - General John Sedgwick at the Battle of Spotsylvania 1864. :twisted:

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

dod wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 14:03
raoul wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 13:45 Famous last words?
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ..." - General John Sedgwick at the Battle of Spotsylvania 1864. :twisted:
I used to live in Virginia and General (?) Sedgwick's last words were quoted regularly :)

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Having taken a fair few hits in the last couple of weeks, I should not even be contemplating this I suspect.

I am moving towards a similar conclusion to a few others on FISO in that Kane is going to keep ticking over but does not look likely to haul and is not worth the price. It is not his fault - he is not playing the right role, and his suppliers are not always on the pitch. Difficult fixture this week, so maybe the right time to ditch him if I am going to.

And I want Hazard back. His next 4 home fixtures look luscious.

Kane + Torreira :arrow: Hazard + Rashford?

Rashford could of course easily be Mitrovic, or Ings, or Rondon, or Chicharito (or perhaps others).

I reckon Hazard is 4 pts better than Kane this week alone.

And yes, I know there is a yellow flag.

I suspect I am just being impatient and trying things out but interested in thoughts. Not entirely convinced that Kane or Auba are going on a haul fest, to be honest.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Gw18 review

Recent decisions have not worked out well at all.

Took Salah out for Sterling about 4 weeks ago. Took Kane out for Rashford this week and now Kane and Spurs look amazing.

Pogba now in for Torreira.

Have a decision. Sterling back to Salah now for a hit? Or keep and hope for differential?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Shouldn't u upgrade your forward line instead especially Wilson?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Upgrading Wilson is an option. But if I do that who do I take? I can't reach Auba or Kane without 2 hits. Sterling down to Son or Eriksen perhaps but this feels like chasing and also Wilson has not suddenly gone bad. He feels like a risk worth keeping. Especially as I am likely to play 451 mostly. If anything downgrade him to Ings Then I can probably go Anderson up to Salah.

Need to do transfer within next 2 hrs so decision looming.

Might roll it. But feels like I need Salah and now.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

didn't realize you was playing 451, personally would roll but Salah really can do damage for not having him so that a tough one since he has some hard fixtures coming

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

On hols. Not much internet access.

On plus side, great holiday and still 10 days left. And saw Spurs v Wolves live at lunch.

On negative side... team doing badly. Very badly. Holding Sane and Sterling and praying for tomorrow.

Took out Salah, Kane and both then went mental. At same time my Sterling and Sane strategy has tanked.

Went Keane not Digne. Oops.

Oh and my starting line up had Boly and Van Dijk. Probably should have kept them.

I'm not too disappointed with my strategy. Things to learn of course.

But if there is a bad decision to make then I make it.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Halfway through the season and work to do. First year so my target should be respectability right?

Top 100k?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Apologies to all Hazard owners.

He's in for Sane.

And captain.

Might use other FT to bring in Salah for Sterling but maybe a bad week to do it.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

STATE OF THE NATION

Back in the saddle after a period away, and decision time.

After GW15 I was 100,411th with 902 pts. An average of 60 per week, a bit below the 65 I want but not too shoddy and learning as I go.

In the last 6 GW I have amassed 266 pts, which is pathetic. Last week I was 5,921,274th ffs, and managed to put 24pts on the bench including my 3 highest scorers...and I am not sure my excuse of being on holiday with very little time or access stands up to scrutiny.

OPTIONS

- set a target for the end of the season (say top 50k), and use 2nd WC immediately to bring in a mix of fairly safe looking essentials plus some low ownership differential gambles

- same as above, but use the 2FT this week for a 1 week punt and then WC next week (when I have more time to plan ahead)

- ignore overall ranking, and aim to play sensibly to target a decent points total, preserving the WC for the fun and games of GW 30 and onwards

Any advice gratefully accepted, and the squad is below:

Fabianski/Button
Robertson/Laporte/Doherty/Keane/Kolasinac
Sterling/Hazard/Richarlison/Pogba/Anderson
Rashford/Wilson/Jimenez

2.1m itb, and 2FT this week. Players in blue seem to be priority for replacement, but could easily move out others as well.

If I did wildcard:

Guaita/Speroni
Doherty, Boly, AWB, then either Pereira + Chilwell, or TAA + Gomez, or TAA + Bednarek
Sane, Sterling, Eriksen, Pogba, Camarasa
Lukaku, Rashford, Firmino (possibly Vardy instead)

Aim is low ownership where it makes some sense, go all in on the new Man Utd confidence going forward etc.

So tempted to go KdB...

phrampton534
Wideboy

Post by phrampton534 »

raoul wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 12:40
If I did wildcard:

Guaita/Speroni
Doherty, Boly, AWB, then either Pereira + Chilwell, or TAA + Gomez, or TAA + Bednarek
Sane, Sterling, Eriksen, Pogba, Camarasa
Lukaku, Rashford, Firmino (possibly Vardy instead)

Aim is low ownership where it makes some sense, go all in on the new Man Utd confidence going forward etc.

So tempted to go KdB...
My thoughts (well you did ask!):

- Keeper is risky and could even end up without a playing keeper needing to find money to fix.
- Defence is light and doubling up on Wolves is risky and not likely to produce many clean sheet points (been there with Pat and Doherty and been consistently let down!)
- Midfield looks strong but I'd rather have Salah than double City
- Forwards would be a differential and Lukaku could start scoring but not sure about having both Lukaku and Rashford. Could do Kamara and upgrade Camarasa? Then bench Kamara? Firmino may cover some of Salah's points but he has a habit of being streaky on the points!
- Hudson-Odio might be worth a look if you go for bench fodder in midfield?

Feel free to ignore:)

dod
FISOhead

Post by dod »

I went for an early wildcard this GW but I wouldn't in your position. You've got a decent line-up for GW22 and 2FTs. I'm always going to advocate for the high risk strategy :lol: but it has to be planned in advance and you don't have enough time this GW. You could use your 2FTs to do something like Keane :arrow: TAA, and upgrade your GK. Then you could reassess next GW.

I don't think your proposed wildcard team looks like it will earn more points this GW than your current one (especially if you upgrade at the back) so I'd get another GW's worth of information before pulling the trigger.

PS - Don't let one particularly unlucky GW derail your entire season. If you stub your toe, punching yourself in the balls isn't going to make you feel any better.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

dod wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 19:01 I went for an early wildcard this GW but I wouldn't in your position. You've got a decent line-up for GW22 and 2FTs. I'm always going to advocate for the high risk strategy :lol: but it has to be planned in advance and you don't have enough time this GW. You could use your 2FTs to do something like Keane :arrow: TAA, and upgrade your GK. Then you could reassess next GW.

I don't think your proposed wildcard team looks like it will earn more points this GW than your current one (especially if you upgrade at the back) so I'd get another GW's worth of information before pulling the trigger.

PS - Don't let one particularly unlucky GW derail your entire season. If you stub your toe, punching yourself in the balls isn't going to make you feel any better.
I've been below 5 millionth 3 weeks of the last 6!

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Agree with Dod, there isn't too much wrong with your squad. The Keane to TAA move is a good one, although at some point you need to shift some money away from your bench (you could begin with Laporte to Bednarek and then downgrade one of your front eight).

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Maybe I had a decent squad and played it badly. But too many terrible weekly performances in a short spell so caution and wind are bedfellows.

WC activated.

Etheridge, Button
TAA, Digne, Periera, AWB, Doherty
Salah, Sane, Eriksen, Pogba, Camarasa
Aguero, Rashford, Kamara

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Explanation to follow...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”