To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Raoul's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Raoul's RMT

Post by raoul »

https://kopend.rollingstreet.com/2018/1 ... cal-staff/

give me a sign!!! And they did?

if this link is true, then Milner can stay, Salah can come in, and I can put the Valium back in the cupboard.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

You are pants at Quoting :lol:

So still on:
Hart and Fabs
Alonso, Laporte, Doherty, Bennett and AWB
Hazard, Richarlison, Son, Milner and Obiang
Aguero Kane and Jimenez

Maybe you are looking for Transfers where there aren't any?

Given where we agree to disagree, you only really have Son, Milner and Kane\Kun to shift. While you may want the cash from K\K to upgrade Son to a Premium it may be worth taking a deep breath and rolling a GW as, above, you are struggling with where to go ie Salah, Mane, KdB..... If you have 2 this GW then downgrading Son if you don't rate Spurs for the next 6 GW's and then upgrade Milner next GW?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 11:30 You are pants at Quoting :lol:
which Britney song is that from?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 11:37
The one where Madonna snogs her?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

So still on:
Hart and Fabs
Alonso, Laporte, Doherty, Bennett and AWB
Hazard, Richarlison, Son, Milner and Obiang
Aguero Kane and Jimenez

Maybe you are looking for Transfers where there aren't any?

Given where we agree to disagree, you only really have Son, Milner and Kane\Kun to shift. While you may want the cash from K\K to upgrade Son to a Premium it may be worth taking a deep breath and rolling a GW as, above, you are struggling with where to go ie Salah, Mane, KdB..... If you have 2 this GW then downgrading Son if you don't rate Spurs for the next 6 GW's and then upgrade Milner next GW?
The strategy was to get Salah and Vardy in this week, and lose Son and Kane. I do not have an issue with delaying this a week, given fixtures, injury doubts etc. In fact, given what I saw last night, I fancy Kane might have agoal in him at West Ham. Completely agree it makes sense while Salah/Mane/KdB injury issues settle down a bit.

If I wait, then I can use one FT either as part of longer term planning, or for a GW9 "free hit" of sorts. The latter feels wrong for some reason, especially as Kane and Son will surely both play.

As a 1-week interim move, using only 1 transfer, I can lose Son or Kane and I have 1.1 itb to supplement if need be. So I can have any forward I want, or a Mid up to 9.4. One-week only forward candidates are in plentiful supply, with Laca, Firmino, King, Wilson all possibles. Midfield, Ozil? Fraser (if fit)?

As a longer term thing, I have plans (but not urgent) to look at bringing GK2 down to 4.0, and bringing Alonso down to Mendy or a Liverpool defender. Either of those could be done now, and add to the money for future moves. I like Chelsea fixtures, so while a Mendy or Robertson has its attractions, I wonder if now is the time to do the GK thing.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 11:39
:shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Don't go for a 1 GW "star" as Britknee will definitely have her rhythm stick primed for use.

If you have 2 this GW then Hart to someone makes some sense.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 12:00 Don't go for a 1 GW "star" as Britknee will definitely have her rhythm stick primed for use.

If you have 2 this GW then Hart to someone makes some sense.
Yep, that is looking more sane by the minute.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 11:56
Enjoy Youtubing :lol:

Re above: you're thinking of Sane for that midfield spot?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 12:11
raoul wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 11:56
Enjoy Youtubing :lol:

Re above: you're thinking of Sane for that midfield spot?
or Ings? Could only get better... (unlike the wordplay)

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Joining in the debate.

If be worried about the affect the returning Mendy might have on Sané.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

BobMem wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 13:00 Joining in the debate.

If be worried about the affect the returning Mendy might have on Sané.
I fear the Sane suggestion was in jest :)

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Adjusted Player Scores

So we are 8 weeks in. But a number of players got a bit of rest at the start of the season because of the WC, others have missed games due to red cards, and others seemed not to be wholly in their manager's eye as starters but now are pretty much guaranteed to play a full 90. And then there are injuries.

So I wondered what scores would be like if we gross everyone up to 720 minutes of game time. Before you start screaming the amateurness of this, a few rules:

- if minutes are low due to rotation and that rotation is likely to continue, then no gross up
- if minutes are low because a player keeps being subbed for rest/protection or whatever, no gross up
- if minutes are low because of repeated injury, knocks etc (i.e. a player who struggles to go for 90), no gross up
- I have not bothered grossing up where missed minutes are fairly minor

Here are the new top scorers:

Hazard - 93
Sane - 69 (ok, ok, I know)
Lacazette - 65
Pedro - 61 (rotation risk but wanted to see the score anyway)
Alonso - 60
Mendy - 59 (played every game when fit)
Gundogan - 57 (rotation risk high now KdB reappearing)
Trippier - 54
Aguero - 52
Gudmundson - 51
Iheanacho - 51 (risk of non starting?)
Sterling - 50
Richarlison - 50
Walker - 50
Wilson - 49
Robertson - 49
Doherty - 49
Fraser - 48
Mane - 48
Vardy - 47
Kane - 45
Yarmo - 45
Ramsey - 45

Of course this is based on the story so far, and under-performers who might be about to kick on are not there. For all the doubts, Salah is only 3 points off the bottom of the above list for example.

But a nice looking squad emerging from the above:

GK - 4.5, (4.0)
Alonso, Mendy, Trippier, Doherty, (AWB or Bennett)
Hazard, Sane, Pedro, Richarlison, Gudmundsson
Lacazette, Vardy, (Iheanacho)

Pedro, Sane (and maybe Mendy) could/will get rotated. Be unlucky for all 3 at once, but the bench is fine. And anyway, KdB may well appear in the above instead of Sane. Main issues probably which other player gets benched each week, who to captain other than Hazard, and how to get a super-premium in once the need arises.

If I used my 2 FT this week to go AWB + Kane = Mendy + Laca, then Aguero to Vardy in Week 10, I would have the above squad except:

- Jimenez instead of Iheanacho (fine with that)
- Son, Milner and Obiang instead of Sane, Pedro and Gudmundsson (work to do here)
- LaPorte instead of Trippier (fine with that for now)
- GK 4.5 to become 4.0 (no rush at all)

Not going Salah opens up so many options.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

GW9 PRE-PREVIEW

Given the uncertainties this week over KdB, Salah, Mane, Milner etc, this is not going to be the only preview. Another will follow late tomorrow or even perhaps on Saturday morning (although I am lecturing at the deadline so...).

One FT used so far this week: Kane :arrow: Lacazette. Done yesterday to catch the price rise.

One FT remains. I will almost certainly use it, and might also take a hit for another one. My thinking is thus:

- Liverpool have a great run starting and I only have Milner, who may or may not be fit enough to play. I suspect they might rest him even if in theory he could play. I want some Liverpool exposure and I want it from this weekend.

The grand plan has been to get Vardy and Salah in now. I am happy to wait a week for both of them all things considered, and the Lacazette move was done with this delay in mind. The question therefore is what, if anything, to do with my other FT. Salah + Vardy requires a third change to free some funds (0.6m). That means a hit either this week or next. If it was 0.5 I would move to a 4.0 GK, but unless Salah drops again then it looks like Alonso will have to downgrade to Robertson, Mendy, or Gomez. The latter is more rotation risk (although I think he will play most weeks), but obviously frees some funds. In each case it makes sense to take the hit this week.

My end aim is:

Fabianski + 4.0 (1 TF needed)
Doherty, AWB, Bennett, LaPorte, Robbertson (1 TF needed)
Salah, Hazard, Richarlison, Gudmundsson, Milner (2 TF needed)
Vardy, Lacazette, Jimenez (1 TF needed)

Son and Alonso :arrow: Salah and Robertson now (if Salah is starting, if not just do the Alonso transfer now).
Aguero to Vardy next week(and Son to Salah if not already done).
Obiang to Gudmundsson in GW11.

GK change can wait until convenient (although once done it allows for a nice upgrade elsewhere).

This week, while Hart remains in the squad, I am playing him against MC, not Fabianski against Spurs. This might sound like madness. Patrician's RMT thread suggests otherwise.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

GW9 POST-PRE-PREVIEW PREVIEW

I am nervous for this week.

Basic structure is where I want it. Starting XI:

Hart
Laporte, Alonso, Doherty, Bennett
Hazard (vc), Richarlison, Son
Aguero (c), Lacazette, Jimenez

(Fabs, Milner, Obiang, AWB)

But.

Son is only there as a result of a 2-week punt post-WC while Liverpool fixtures were rough. Salah is meant to be coming in this week. And he can. But it means a second transfer to effect it, which means a hit. And Salah has not yet hit true form, might not even play (injury, CL coming up, esp as Mane more injured than him). But then Son is hardly firing on all cylinders is he...

Next week, it is adios Aguero and in comes Vardy. Almost tempted to do this now, as this second transfer allows Salah as well. But take out Aguero, before BUR? A well-rested Aguero after the IB? Who everyone is going to captain? And Vardy away at a top 6 club with a stack of successive wins? And the Dorset Horse Fetishist's fair tomorrow?

Ahem.

Aguero must stay. Which means Salah comes in only if I downgrade Alonso to Robertson. But Chelsea have decent fixtures coming up, no CL to distract them, and Alonso to Robertson is perhaps a sideways move. OK, Liverpool have excellent CS potential especially for the next 2 weeks. But what of Gomez? Frees up an extra 1.2m going forward and he looks reasonably nailed to me. Would mean a very cheap defence but one I am happy with, and even with Salah and Hazard there is scope for another big hitter to arrive in midfield. But then Robertson is totally nailed, and gets forward. With no Mane, maybe he will get forward even more.

I have one FT this week. If I do nothing, next week Salah + Vardy are free of hits. But for just 4 ickle bickle points I get Salah now, in one of Liverpool's best fixtures, and a Liverpool defender to boot.

Off to teach in 30 minutes. Maybe I should ask my class...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

I mean, if Salah playing Huddersfield is a doubt, exactly when WOULD Salah be a viable option!

If he is on my radar, the time has to be now, right?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

and moving on to another quandary, the whole form over fixtures thing.

Captain Hazard then (actually his fixture ain't bad either)?

Or Aguero (actually his form is not a disaster)?

Or Salah (whose form depends on who you ask)?

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

Gotta stick with your guys this week and wait until next week to use 2FTs to restructure, I think. Current XI looks solid enough to get you points. There’s players you don’t have who haul every week so I wouldn’t be drawn into a -4 to get someone, personally.

As for captain, that’s your decision alone... though on form and fixture combined there’s a clear winner and that’s Doherty ;)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 09:16 I mean, if Salah playing Huddersfield is a doubt, exactly when WOULD Salah be a viable option!

If he is on my radar, the time has to be now, right?
Exactly, just forget about him until he starts returning FPL points :wink:

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

OK, am done.

It remains a risk, but have done Son + Alonso :arrow: Salah + Robertson, 4 point hit.

Hart
Robertson, Laporte, Doherty, Bennett
Salah, Hazard (v), Richarlison

Subs Fabianski, Milner, Obiang, AWB

Thanks for the comments, and I took them into consideration (including Doherty as captain), but I had Salah pencilled in from this week for a while and the strategy needs to be executed.

Gulp. Almost glad I am in a classroom all day, so have a lectern not a sofa to hide behind...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

In terms of this week only, transfers and hit justified. An 11 point positive swing.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

SQUAD ANALYSIS

Hart
Robertson, Laporte, Doherty, Bennett
Salah, Hazard (v), Richarlison

Subs Fabianski, Milner, Obiang, AWB

GK - Happy enough with them, and while I could add 0.5m with a move to Button (who may well get games in January), no rush.
DEF - One week (well, 2 minutes) of Wolves conceding goals is not going to put me off this structure. With Milner back playing I can go 3-4-3 and protect both AWB and Bennett in the short term, although the Obiang disappearance makes my bench a bit iffy perhaps. Would love to get Mendy in and maybe that is feasible, but the midfield is the priority.
MID - Milner's return is helpful. When Vardy comes in I will have 2.3m itb and am very tempted to bump Obiang up to Gudmundsson. Maybe I should do Milner instead, and if I do this inherently more sane move I get 2m to upgrade Bennett to Mendy in defence. Which is not quite enough, meaning that GK move is needed (unless price changes go in my favour, which seems unlikely - the opposite re Mendy seems likely).
FWD - Vardy + Laca going forward seems good to me. Jimenez will play most weeks for now but would like option to rotate with M5 (hence the desire to upgrade Obiang rather than Milner)

Current plan after Vardy joins the fun this week is Gudmundsson in GW11. But I think I want/need Mendy asap. Don't want more hits really (although so far this week's has paid off, so it is not out of the question). Take a -8 and do the GK and Mendy thing now, as well as Vardy? Looks too much to me, but if Mendy rises he may become unattainable.

Edit - my maths is rubbish. Can have Vardy and Mendy right now, for Aguero and Bennett and a -4.That looks like a very decent reward for -4 to me, but means holding on to my current midfield for now.
Much to ponder.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Good strong team.

Quic question:
raoul wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 12:44
Edit - my maths is rubbish. Can have Vardy and Mendy right now, for Aguero and Bennett and a -4.That looks like a very decent reward for -4 to me, but means holding on to my current midfield for now.
Much to ponder.
A tactical thing --- Why don't you hold on to the transfer, and do both the transfers next week? Aguero has a better chance of getting points next week than Mendy I think, and Bennett has a decent fixture too. I don't think there is 4+ points in it.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

baganboy wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 15:06 Good strong team.

Quic question:
raoul wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 12:44
Much to ponder.
A tactical thing --- Why don't you hold on to the transfer, and do both the transfers next week? Aguero has a better chance of getting points next week than Mendy I think, and Bennett has a decent fixture too. I don't think there is 4+ points in it.
Have considered that but my worry is Mendy price rising a few times. At the moment I can afford this with 0.1 to spare.

Am also wondering if my defence is heading premium which is not my intention. Perhaps Laporte to Mendy but this feels wrong somehow.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Cannot comment about the latter part, but as for the former comment - if price is the only concern, then hold on.
See how the price rises are shaping up.
If you have no choice, then do it.
But I doubt if Mendy will rise by 0.3m this week, with TOT next week.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Yep. No rush today. And thanks ... always good to hear some levelling advice.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

GW 10 Preview (Brief, as am at work today)

Fook.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

So. Had planned to ditch Aguero now for Vardy. But strong rumour that Puel will bench Vardy today (official story he is recovering from illness, reality is a punishment).

But also want KdB asap, and with Hazard potentially crocked am interested in a switch. And saves some money. And Hazard may fall in price today (especially if he doesn't play) and KdB is rising.

So, Hazard for KdB? Not long to decide...

Or Aguero out as planned and bring Arnie in?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 13:31 Or Aguero out as planned and bring Arnie in?
This looks decidedly dodgy to me with their injuries..... And Carroll is back in training :wink:

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 13:33
raoul wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 13:31 Or Aguero out as planned and bring Arnie in?
This looks decidedly dodgy to me with their injuries..... And Carroll is back in training :wink:
did Hazard :arrow: KdB.

What could possibly go wrong?

Oh yea, a benched Robertson, Milner! Although if Wolves keep a clean sheet ...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”