To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT - Westlondonsun

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
westlondonsun
Treebeard

RMT - Westlondonsun

Post by westlondonsun »

Hey so in a condenrum. I'm keen on bringing Hazard into the team but don't want to downgrade Mendy, Robertson, Alonso, Salah or Aguero. Think these guys should be remainers. I wouod need to make few changes to bring Hazard in and have the following in mind .....

Out : Mane, Richarlison, Arnautovic
In : Hazard, Walcott, Mitrovic

Don't want to incur a -8 hit for this move so contemplating sitting on the transfer for a week then do a -4 next week to make these changes?

Other option is to do a wildcard and bring them in and at same time bring in a playing bench as lots of non starters that could sting me .

FPL brothers and sisters what would u do in my situation?
Last edited by westlondonsun on 21 Dec 2018, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: Are these changes worth it. Team is flying atm?

Post by Tacalabala »

westlondonsun wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 09:03 Hey so in a condenrum. I'm keen on bringing Hazard into the team but don't want to downgrade Mendy, Robertson, Alonso, Salah or Aguero. Think these guys should be remainers.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

If you are going to bring Hazard in then this is the week to do it given his fixture but I am not sure that the move you suggest is worth a -8. And personally, I wouldn't downgrade those you list. I'm in a similar position and have 2 frees and have almost decided to skip Hazard (with regret).

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

That's the risk. Don't bring him in now and lose out on two great home fixtures where he could hit some big scores

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 09:18 If you are going to bring Hazard in then this is the week to do it given his fixture but I am not sure that the move you suggest is worth a -8. And personally, I wouldn't downgrade those you list. I'm in a similar position and have 2 frees and have almost decided to skip Hazard (with regret).
I would add to that by saying if you are going to take Richarlison out for Walcott now is also the week to do it.
The WC is there for whenever you need it. If youve identified a player you want and a banned & possibly injured player to replace along with a broken bench I think you have a great justification for playing it. In fact the only reason to keep it is is if you think you can make some money over the Int break or the 'template' is going to change dramatically.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

westlondonsun wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 09:03 Hey so in a condenrum. I'm keen on bringing Hazard into the team but don't want to downgrade Mendy, Robertson, Alonso, Salah or Aguero. Think these guys should be remainers. I wouod need to make few changes to bring Hazard in and have the following in mind .....

Out : Mane, Richarlison, Arnautovic
In : Hazard, Walcott, Mitrovic

Don't want to incur a -8 hit for this move so contemplating sitting on the transfer for a week then do a -4 next week to make these changes?

Other option is to do a wildcard and bring them in and at same time bring in a playing bench as lots of non starters that could sting me .

FPL brothers and sisters what would u do in my situation?

No way imo.

Yes I agree this is the time for Hazard but he's still streaky and had he not got a pen yesterday did he really justify all this attention...at the expense of Mane ???? Fpl knee jerking at its finest. Keep your 8 points. Unless hazard explodes and Mane Keeps quiet then you will be better doing so. Plus Arnie looks like he could be fit. Mitro not got easy games and he won't play a team exhausted from European games every week . Arnie can do the business vs anyone 

I'm just sitting back and enjoying everyone use their WC and give me free points advantage by taking hits at the moment :lol:. Although if Arnie is out i may not be so smug

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

Taking everyone's advice and holding the transfer . I was going to do richarlison and mane out for Hazard and Fraser but will roll a transfer and may look to do this next week if I feel Hazard is still hitting high points. Let's see if Hazard starts being a little more consistent before knee jerking:)

Fingers crossed he doesn't go and score insane but that's the fun of FPL for u

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

Today was a strange day....had a decent set of results on Sat and finally bought Hazard in for Salah and it worked out beautifully. Slightly annoyed as was really considering bringing in Fraser for Kante so missed out on his haul but hindsight is a lovely thing sometimes.

Anyway fast forward to 3pm this afternoon and im on the FPL app and tinkering with different transfers to see how i can get in a few players and accidently confirmed 4 transfers with a -8pt hit (I had 2 FT banked). Feel like a right tool as could have made 1 or 2 changes only as team is strong and the players i bought in were on my watch list but wasnt necessarily 100% certain transfers in my mind.

Moves i accidently made:
Ederson > Hennessey
Kante > Fraser
Richarlison > David Silva
Arnoutovic > Mitrovic

Before West Ham game I was seriously considering activating my wildcard so these transfers would be cancelled and thus avoiding my points hit and also lets me sort some deadwood eg: Peltier, Stephens, Sporoni

Come 6pm Arnoutovic looks to be injured and likely to miss Chelsea game and who knows if injury is serious and he may miss further games but nonetheless in next 4 he has some tough fixtures so he was likely to go anyway.

Keeping wildcard for a few more weeks(ideally until next international break. think it is 4wks away) was my originial plan but not sure what to do . What would u guys do in my situation

A) Nothing. Take the 8 pt hit and preserve wildcard
B) Hit wildcard now and sort deadwood before GW6

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

Wildcard

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

Any others with advice?

westlondonsun
Treebeard

In top 2k do I wildcard now or wait till international break

Post by westlondonsun »

Do I wildcard now or wait 2 more GW until international break?

Doing well in my mini leagues and about 2k overall.

Current team
Hennessey, Speroni
Robertson, Alonso, Doherty, AWB, Peltier
Pereyra, Salah, Hazard, Fraser, Stephens
Aguero, Mitrovic, King

Current concerns
1. King is defo out this weekend and has hard fixtures upcoming
2. Bench is dire and mostly non playing
3. No Man City defence coverage
4. Hennessey has some hard fixtures

If I did use WC I'd look to replace all but following players:

Hennessey, Speroni, Peltier, Pereyra, Stephens, Mitrovic, King

Thoughts??? WC or wait???

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

Decided to hold off wildcard and thinking of activating for gamesweek 15 when fixture swings occur for Arsenal, Spurs and also to try and capitalise on the City jugarnout.

Current team
Hennessey, Speroni
Robertson, Alonso, AWB, Doherty, Peltier
Salah, Mane, Hazard, Fraser, Kayal
Aguero, Arnoutovic, Success

Thinking of moving to this team:
Lloris, Hamer
Robertson, Doherty, AWB, Bellerin, Peltier
Sterling, Sane, Eriksen, Brooks, Diangana
Kane, Lacazette, Jimanez

Thoughts?

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

Any advice been awfully quiet in this thread. Given Auba great form I opted for following :

Fabianski , Steele
Alonso, TAA, Doherty, Kolasanic, AWB
Sterling, Sane, F.Anderson, Brooks, Guendouzi
Kane, Auba, Jimanez

Not sure if Kolasanic or Guendouzi are good picks. Every time I've seen Kolasanic play he looks dangerous attacking but awful defending...not banking on clean sheet points from him rather attacking returns. Other option would be Digne or Keane from Everton (however they have few tough fixtures)

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

3 arsenal probably too much. loads of 4.5 mids to chose from

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

What 4.5m mid would others pick?

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

westlondonsun wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 07:53 What 4.5m mid would others pick?
Billings [ 4 yc]
Gunnarsson
Hogg
Kayal
Lerma
Højbjerg
Mendy [LEI]

All worth considering

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

westlondonsun wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 07:53 What 4.5m mid would others pick?
Personally I'd go for Billing despite the 4Ys. He's been good this season and has a wicked shot from range. Hit the woodwork a couple of times and unlucky not to have scored more points.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I already have Hojbjerg who is the best in my opinion, but have just added Billing.

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

Mmmm Billing has been on my radar and was a toss up between him, Hojbjerg or Diangana however Diangana wasn't even selected in the squad vs Newcastle so doesn't fill me with confidence.

The other thing i'm now thinking of is changing Sterling to Mahrez for 1 game only, then bring Sterling back in for the Chelsea game. Surely Pep is going to look to rotate and I think Sterling may get a place on the bench today and only come on if really needed. Am I mad just wasting a sub trying to predict Pep's roulette?

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Re: RMT - Westlondonsun

Post by westlondonsun »

Team is doing well and in the top 5k. In a bit of a dilemma and think I know where this team needs to be in few games time but not sure best way. Ive got 2FT this week as well.

Current Team
Fabianski , Button
Alonso, TAA, Doherty, Kolasanic, AWB
Sterling, Sane, F Anderson, Brooks, Billing
Kane, Auba, Jimanez
ITB: 0.1m

I'm going to move to 3-5-2 as more value in midfield and want a power midfield of
Sterling, Sane, Hazard, F Anderson, Richarlison

Also want to get in Rashford or even Pogba early as think utd will be rejuvenated.

This will require losing either Kane or Auba , donwgrading Jimanez to Kamara and require Alonso down to around to 6m or less def.

So team could end up as
Fabianski , Button
TRIPPIER, taa, Doherty, CEDERIC, awb
Sterling, Sane, F Anderson, HAZARD, RICHARLISON
RASHFORD, Auba, KAMARA

ITB: 0.1m

Thoughts. Is this better or worse than what i currently have. Im worried also about GW20 when all my defence have difficult fixtures so want to sort this beforehand

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

Kane or Auba over next 5 fixtures? I feel I need to get Salah in so which forward to provide funds to get him in?

For Kane - 3 home fixtures in next 5, no Son so reliance on him to score, been very consistent over last few weeks
Against Kane - May drop deeper when Moura plays, very expensive, won't captain him if bringing in Salah over next few weeks

For Auba - More likely to hit double point hauls, had decent underlying stats just not finished few recent chances, cheaper can distribute saved £ into midfield and defence
Against Auba - Harder fixtures over next 5, slightly lower form vs Kane

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

I'm so confused. My team is starting to struggle in my mini league that I've led all season and now 2nd!

Im confused what strategy to take for remainder of season... based on the two popular options

A - FH DGW32, (build towards BGW31 players between now and then) , WC in GW34, BB35

B - FH BGW31 (build towards DGW32), WC in GW34, BB35

Currently I've got hardly anyone playing for GW31 team I currently have below with CAPS playing in GW31 so 3 players

FABIANSKI, button

LOVREN(should be fit by then), laporte, doherty, awb, holebas

SALAH, sane, son, martial, billing

jimanez, rashford, kamara

I'd prefer to go strategy A but not sure if this is good idea given my team atm as would mean I'm bringing in players from teams that play in GW31 which aside from Liverpool players don't look that strong or in form.

Ive got 2 FT and 7m in the bank atm

Any advice?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

since it only 3 players probably better do option 2

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

also be mindful that 33 is a small blank so u can even WC that week according who u have available

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

I ended up working towards option A...

In all fairness I felt I needed to wildcard this week with so many injuries but instead went-8 with 4 transfers. Was always going to do last 3 but forced into 1st as AWB injury meant I'd only have 10 players for the GW.

AWB > TAA
Holebas > Periera
Martial > Anderson
Kamara > Lacazette

Big bold move or just stupid only time will tell....Team looks strong for next week now so will bank a transfer. Saving grace is person I'm chasing in my mini league did -8pts as well so didn't lose points on him

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

FInal furlong for the season and chasing down leader in mini league who already used his final WC back in January,...

Team in 1st is currently set as :
Lossel, Speroni, Bednarek, Periera, Robertson, Daniels, Bennett, Anderson, Hazard, Salah, Brooks, Maddison, Higuain, Wilson, Aguero

Player behind me in 3rd is also of threat and also already used his WC. His team is currently set as:
Alisson, Etheridge, TAA, Laporte, Schlupp, Pereira, Doherty, Pogba, Milijoevic, Hazard, Moutinho,Aguero, Rashford, Jimanez

I feel there needs to be a degree of covering their players but also looking selfishly at best team I can put in based on my wildcard to capitalise on the remaining fixture/double gamesweeks etc.

Key things that are key I feel are:
- Cover Aguero - Both competitor teams have him so need him to cover any hauls he may get
- Sterling isn't that important given neither of them have him (I had originally built my team around Sterling but now taken out in favour of Aguero and better supporting players
- Need Liverpool defence cover. They both have cover from liverpool defence and i'm planning on going Robertson as feel he is less of a rotation risk compared to TAA
- Not having Hazard in my team does scare me slightly given they both have him but he does have some difficult fixtures coming up and hope that the Spurs players can compensate if he does haul

Have a look at the team below and let me know your thoughts.
GW34 Wildcard #1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

Here we go again.....thoughts??
Screenshot_20190808-000457_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”