To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Jamtart RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Jamtart
Treebeard
FS Record: Hopefully improving...

Re: Jamtart RMT

Post by Jamtart »

blahblah wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 12:00 If you want Jim, then Guen is 4.5, and seems to be a starter - I'm preparing to get rid of Kamara if last GW's no show gets repeated too often.
Any idea how Guen has looked? I haven't seen any of Arsenal this year yet.

Jiminez was just a punt since I had Ings and quite like the 343 option but to be honest I think Neves probably does better and has some set pieces and the odd long ranger.

Jim and Guen would have the advantage of both being starters which gives me a full playing squad for when CL rotation starts though.

Pros and cons I guess.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

He's started all 3, and they may get a CS?

He looks good for 3rd spot on the bench, and his Ownership is rising. Hopefully with Torr he will get forward a bit more.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

So... it wasn't great WCing the week earlier than I'd expected!

Mkhitaryan 1pt, Zaha no show, Ryan conceding and then Mane out shining Salah! The one shining light was that Hazard got his goal and 3bps and looks to be dangerous, although I could have waited till this int break as initially intended and got the same team and been on more points... live and learn.

My main problem now Is Mkhitaryan - not sure I can have him sitting there at that price without being guaranteed to play. I'm happy to sit on Zaha to see how long he is out. I'm currently thinking of going Mkhitaryan to Fraser for his fixtures and then doing Bennett to Shaw the week after if united look to be turning the corner (he also looks good on the eye test) to revert to playing a back 4 minimum for the foreseeable - Mendy, Robertson, Alonso, Shaw.

Thoughts on this?

Long term - Lacazette is on my radar. I was impressed with his sub appearances and if he looks to be nailed it could be annoying to try work him into the team for their good fixture run! So I have a lot to ponder.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Pretty solid GW so far with Ryan to play in goals tomorrow. Green arrows so far and sounding like Aguero won't be a long term injury. Just a pity I played it safe with the captaincy but still better off than those without Hazard!

Unfortunately after being injured and not playing in the Albania game for Scotland I decided to hold off on the Fraser transfer! So looking likely I'll bring him in tonight before a rise for Mkhitaryan who is looking to be a waste of money. I have no issues starting Fraser for his next 5 fixtures.

Also considering Neves to Maddison for his run of games with the extra £. I think having Vardy back will increase his output as well now that the fixtures look solid.

As always, any input appreciated!

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Feels like I'm kind of using this as a place to put my own thoughts rather than anything else now but it's useful so going to continue with it.

Another green arrow this GW, albeit a small one with a score of 63.

I brought in Fraser and Maddison for Neves and Mkhitaryan as discussed last week which had good returns through Maddison.

Thinking of doing Walcott to Richarlison with the ft this week since he's a much bigger threat in my eyes an they have promising fixtures. Also considering Zaha to Mitro or Arnautovic (when fit) in the next couple weeks. Mendy is a bit of an issue but having got him at 6m from the start and WB having good form and fixtures I'm happy to wait another week or so since I'll want him as soon as he's back - unless we get clearer news and it's a long haul injury.

Current squad:
Ryan Hamer
Alonso Mendy Robertson WB Bennett
Salah Hazard Walcott Maddison Fraser
Aguero Zaha Kamara

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Mendy’s gain has all but evaporated and do you think he will go straight back to 90-90-90 at City?

More likely he will be eased back into the team isn’t it?

Also, Sane seems to be favoured just now and he overlaps Mendys space quite substantially. I just thing Mendy has a longer route back, even once he has fully recovered. Competition for starts is sky high in a £750m squad.

I also have some stats on Mitro and he is punching well above his price. Close to Aguero for shots/game and big chances.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Stu255 wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 19:36 Mendy’s gain has all but evaporated and do you think he will go straight back to 90-90-90 at City?

More likely he will be eased back into the team isn’t it?

Also, Sane seems to be favoured just now and he overlaps Mendys space quite substantially. I just thing Mendy has a longer route back, even once he has fully recovered. Competition for starts is sky high in a £750m squad.

I also have some stats on Mitro and he is punching well above his price. Close to Aguero for shots/game and big chances.
That's a very valid point, think I've kind of blinded myself to be honest. Maybe I should look to replace him first since it's a lot of money to have rotting on the bench. Might go with Laporte for the CS points and bank the rest.

The Mitro stats sound promising then! I think getting him in within the next 2 GWs is wise.

Thanks for the food for thought!

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Your team is in good shape so you can afford to wait on more mendy news IMO. .1 is nothing for a player you’re wanting long term and Bennett and WB can cover him this week easily

I don’t mind the walcott to hojberg/Billings and kamara to mitrovic idea. I’d possibly roll and do that but not for a hit

I don’t think walcott to richarlison this week is a bad idea at all though. And zaha to arnautovic can wait til week 10 IMO. You can’t have everyone sadly so avoiding changing team structure or taking hits for sideways moves like the ones we are talking about is maybe a better idea

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Jamtart wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 19:06 Feels like I'm kind of using this as a place to put my own thoughts rather than anything else now but it's useful so going to continue with it.

Another green arrow this GW, albeit a small one with a score of 63.

I brought in Fraser and Maddison for Neves and Mkhitaryan as discussed last week which had good returns through Maddison.

Thinking of doing Walcott to Richarlison with the ft this week since he's a much bigger threat in my eyes an they have promising fixtures. Also considering Zaha to Mitro or Arnautovic (when fit) in the next couple weeks. Mendy is a bit of an issue but having got him at 6m from the start and WB having good form and fixtures I'm happy to wait another week or so since I'll want him as soon as he's back - unless we get clearer news and it's a long haul injury.

Current squad:
Ryan Hamer
Alonso Mendy Robertson WB Bennett
Salah Hazard Walcott Maddison Fraser
Aguero Zaha Kamara
I like this with Wallnut to Rich.

I have dumped Mendy as I sense it could be a while based on nowt but how long he was out last season, body shape and SM (no, not that :lol: Social Media 8-) ) Also he could well drop enough to not "cost" me.

Hamer is unlikely to play, unless Lossl gets injured\suspended and tbh Hudd are struggling with 2nd Season Syndrome? But Ryan is solid, and I am more than likely go there when CP's fixtures toughen up.

I dumped Kamara for Guen as 4.5 Mid - is he broken or something as he disappeared without a trace? I am seriously considering 2x9mish For's for Kun and Wilson in the near future :wink:

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

A month since my last update, I've not really been active on the board other than interacting with my 5AS team via messaging when I've had the chance but thankfully I've been keeping on top of my fpl and sky sports teams! I'll aim to be more involved going forward within the community as I was in pre season and look to update this every week - if for no other reason than as a place to put my musings for reference!

A solid week so far with Maddison to play tonight. Held Mendy all this time and he's repaid me well, also took the risk on Salah and captained him hoping he'd start and punish the deserters - didn't quite hammer them but he returned and was my best (sensible) captain pick for the week. Currently sitting 5,595 OR but likely to drop a little after tonight.

Current squad is:

Ryan / Hamer
Mendy / Robertson / Alonso / Bennett / WB
Salah / Hazard / Richarlison / Fraser / Maddison
Aguero / Mitrovic / Kamara

2 ft and £0.4m ITB

Kamara is essentially bench fodder and the only real issue with my team. Not really anything I can do about that for now either. WB has horrendous fixtures coming up but at that price I'm happy to hold.

Any advice/suggestions from anyone?

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Another solid GW and green arrow up to 4,322.

Robertson being rested and Hazard missing out wasn't ideal but with the former Jamtart Patterson netting his second of the season for Cardiff and Richarlison returning an assist the blow was softened.

Seriously considering Mitro to Arnie and WB to a West Ham def (advice on which very much welcome) as set and forget for their good run. Feel like if I go for it now I won't miss out if they start well and it takes away the judgement call element by just riding it out to take the points that come throughout their good run.

Any thoughts?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Killing it mate! paterson scoring for you off the bench! How do some of you guys do it? I need a paterson moment, or a bringing in barkley for a 17 points moment to get my season going.

Mitro to arnie seems sound if you're happy enough with his knee niggle. I personally am

Balbuena is the pick of the defenders for me. 4.3 and good set piece threat

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

No Way Jose wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 21:11 Killing it mate! paterson scoring for you off the bench! How do some of you guys do it? I need a paterson moment, or a bringing in barkley for a 17 points moment to get my season going.

Mitro to arnie seems sound if you're happy enough with his knee niggle. I personally am

Balbuena is the pick of the defenders for me. 4.3 and good set piece threat
Sorry should have made it clearer, Paterson isn't in my team (but may be considered for sentimentality). He was a hearts youth player that came through the ranks with us. Him scoring and ending the liverpool clean sheet eased the blow of Robbo not playing.

Cheers for the advice on the def though! Arnie I may delay a week to see how his knee goes.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Another solid week with green arrow up to 2,873. Still early days but very happy with the start!

Brought in Arnautovic and Balbuena for Mitro and WB to mixed returns but happy to have them both for the foreseeable with the run West Ham have now.#

Sterling a bit of a sickener and someone I need to keep tabs on. Going to hold and roll with the FT this week and if he looks a more solid pick than Aguero I'll swap those and bring in a budget fwd to mix it up.

Any thoughts or advice this week?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

That's a very impressive start to the season. I almost bought in Balbuena but couldn't bring myself to trust the Hammers defence. Your team looks in good shape though so saving the ft is probably wise. you seem to be doing a decent job of moving your weak links on.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 23:46 That's a very impressive start to the season. I almost bought in Balbuena but couldn't bring myself to trust the Hammers defence. Your team looks in good shape though so saving the ft is probably wise. you seem to be doing a decent job of moving your weak links on.
Thanks! I think the key now is not getting comfortable/complacent and holding players too long.

Patience has done me well so far but Madison has blanked a lot recently (last 4?) And Fraser has a nasty fixture swing.

Fraser will likely stay for value sakes and Madison has good fixtures so it'll be a case of monitoring and not letting a small red arrow or a sense of loyalty sway my decisions.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Yes, Maddison is probably the weak link at the moment. I've got Wilson and I am probably going to hold even though the fixtures are not great. Will bench a bit but Bournemouth look full of goals.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Another fairly solid week with green arrows seeing me move up to 2,329.

Maddison is now a bigger weak link than when I'd previously discussed him and could potentially be moved on. Martial getting hard to ignore and I do feel tempted to try bring back my old friend Patterson as a cheap mid who's now playing, and scoring, up front for Cardiff.

As always any advice would be appreciated.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

After disappearing last season (I kept playing but was too busy in my personal life to really maintain a presence on the forum) I am back. Hopefully for the long haul but I won't sign myself up to anything just in case - the Europa League win with the Virgins was a nice surprise to log in and see though!

Current draft:

Ederson / Button
Robertson / TAA / Digne / AWB / Diop
Sterling / Salah / Sig / Fraser / Dendoncker
King / Greenwood / Wickham

Totally different from how I've played previously but I'll post my thoughts briefly. Thinking WC around second international break once handwagons and chelsea/united are a bit clearer.

Ederson - Going premium for once to guarantee starts in city def. Rodri will only help the CS potential I feel so I'm confident of a similar CS total to last season.
I find TAA and Robbo at the back as good as having a 7/8 million mid really due to assist potential on top of the increased cleansheet bonus - plus fixtures.
Digne - Could be Coleman due to 2019 stats and requirement to save cash
AWB - Placeholder, could easily be changed - ADVICE PLEASE.
Mid - 2 captain rotation options and 2 solid performers with strong opening fixtures. Seems safer than a punt but also allows easy downgrade to the emerging bandwagons.
Strikers - Struggling but I have come to terms with my current plan. Only worry is if Kane starts on fire for once.

TL:DR - Happy to downgrade Digne to Coleman and change a striker/AWB around. Any advice welcome.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Didn't seem to generate any interest last time but I've recently had a rethink and decided I like the idea of Kane (c) GW3 so brought him in for Sterling and reworked it.

Again any feedback/criticism welcome.

Fabianski / Button
TAA / VvD / Zinchenko / Coleman / Kelly
Salah / KdB / Fraser / F.Anderson / Dendoncker
Kane / Calvert-Lewin / Greenwood

A lot more balance and flexibility within the spend spread and a good mix of captain pick, assured performers and fixture favoring players.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Anderson for the first game why don't you get someone like Lucas instead much easier first game

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Mainly because I dont like the idea of planning a transfer from GW1 incase a big player like salah gets injured. I'd be happy to play dendoncker for the 1 game and then have anderson ready for his great run of fixtures.

Also with Moura he could well be out the starting 11 GW3 when Son is back. A strong GW1 score doesn't matter if you then need to start doing surgery to the squad right after.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Been a lot of tinkering since my last posted draft, including Kane coming in and out.

Pickford / Button
Robbo / TAA / Stones / KWP / Lundstram
Salah / Sterling / Moura / Barkley / Dendoncker
Wilson / Kean / Greenwood

Pickford - Would prefer coleman but taking advantage of the KWP pick - maybe go 4.5 (pope/heaton/fab set and forget) and leave spurs def cover?
Wilson - In good form and fixtures are good apart from city.
Kean - A punt but willing to give it a go with a downgrade to Wood my exit strategy.
Moura - Want to go for it and swap onto a bandwagon mid should one appear.
Robbo and TAA - Went back to this duo as they're essentially 7m mids for me in terms of what I'd expect as returns. At least until value defence picks are identified.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Lloris and Coleman (if you think Everton with no Gueye and only 1 CB will be ok atb).

I don't understand good form before a season starts, but hey ho....

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

The Lloris and Coleman swap doesn't work because they're 0.5 more expensive or I would have. Although I'm not reconsidering the KWP pick.

I get your point but the goals and assists in pre season for Wilson will surely give him confidence which is often the biggest factor in a striker performing. Surely you have to take pre season form (or however you refer to it if it's not form) into account in some way?

My new concern is if Kean will start GW1.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Had a hectic week, but going to try stay more in touch with the community this season. Looks as though my Doherty argument was well received in the super thread so hopefully I can gt involved a bit more this year.

Basically I'm debating if I should risk no Chelsea and have double attacks against the palace defence GW1&2 with their injuries.

McCarthy, Button
TAA, Doherty, Vinagre, Taylor, Mitchel(I get the irony)
Salah, Auba, Alli, Greenwood, Soucek(if passed fit)
XXX, Adams, Brewster
10m ITB

XXX A - Werner = Hope the new signings gel and hit the ground running. Less flexibility.
XXX B - Ings = Double up on the attack against the injury hurt palace defence then switch to Martial GW2 to double up again. Then allows me to assess chelsea options and move for Haverts/Werner/Ziyech as required.

Either way Auba will become KdB GW3.

Any other comments not related to this plan are welcome!

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Made changes and it's interesting to see how my team has changed from the above. Advice very much welcome and I'll try pass on some also today as we all scurry to secure a team.

Think I'm pretty much done.

McCarthy, Button
TAA, Saiss, Egan, Dier, Mitchell
Salah, Auba, Alli, Soucek, 4.5 fodder sub
Werner, Ings, Brewster

1m ITB for Ings to Martial GW2, and then some for a rainy day. I prefer Soucek to ASM.

Werner - Fear with his ownership made me get him, plain and simple.
Saiss - Not sure Vinagre is nailed now with Marcal? Presser hinted he is, any Wolves fans here to help?

If Vinagre is nailed, I'd consider downgrading Saiss, Egan and Brewster and getting Vinagre, a 4.5 and Adams. Adams can easily become Batshuayi if he hits form.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Spurs play S'oton in GW 2, in which you'll have 4 players (3 if you do Ings->Martial, good move). Add to that Saiss playing (MCI), 3 in Chelsea vs Liverpool and Soucek vs (ars)..

But yes, it's not about just 1 GW. GW 2 is a similar problem for most players so hopefully we'll have similar scores, whatever they are.

Jamtart
Treebeard

Post by Jamtart »

Take your point, but I don't really see players playing eachother as an issue, it's bound to happen eventually and it's only really a cross purpose when it's attack v defence (so Alli against McCarthy or Werner and TAA).

I see this team as covering me for a good while and not needing to WC unless something drastic happens or when fixtures start swinging.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”