To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

All Aboard the Double Decker - Jose’s RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: All Aboard the Double Decker - Jose’s RMT

Post by blahblah »

Or Keita? Sturridge?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Not for me personally

I wouldn’t expect mane to miss many

Still all depends on news on salah. This probably makes me more wary of salah as Klopp won’t want to risk him with CL coming up? Or do we think his focus will be the league after their good start?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Huddersfield away and Cardiff at home.....

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Yeah I just don’t want to use my WC to create too many headaches for myself 1 or 2 weeks down the line

Shaqiri is an option though

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Until 1 or 2 GW's down the road :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Exactly, but at least for a position I currently have a vacancy. Will be hoping for a relatively honest and forthcoming Klopp press conference this week!

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Damn that is big news re: Mané. I might get Firmino to cover until there's clarity over Liverpool's mids.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Yep. A bit of luck required navigating these decisions. Haven’t done well in that department so will hope that changes or info comes out to help!

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Another poor week. PVA to Robertson done already for the price rise

Continue to feel like team is in good shape but things just aren’t dropping

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

TAA is my main headache atm. As he’s taking up a Liverpool slot for their good run and now there is some huge question marks on his place. Still think ditching PVA and risking more TAA no shows is probably the right call this week given my bench looks ok this week

I think mendy is going to have to come back into my team sooner rather than later. Only .2 ITB atm though so perhaps something to move towards in the next few weeks. Tottenham game this week anyway but I’d imagine mendy will be fixture proof despite. Despite not being rotation proof I think his high PPG and me wanting a good 12th man will work well for the most part

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Yep, both of what you suggest would be what I would have done as well. An attacking full back who would be playing 2 out of every 3 for a solid defensive team (namely TAA), would be very okay if you have a solid 12th player. And your 12th player is Ings, and 13th is Hughes. That's solid.
Mendy oh yes 100%. Still the best attacking fullback in the league IMHO. I can buy some time (with Laporte who I have at the moment) of course, but yes, he will get back into my team too.

With your 12th and 13th player being Ings and Hughes, you should be the last person worried about rotation. I think both are 3+ppg players.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

50 overnight with ederson Alonso hazard Aguero richarlison to come. Reliant on captain salah and Fraser so not much ground gained really. Arnautovic has really stunk up my team since I brought him in. I feel unlucky on that count. Bringing Robertson in this week didn’t pay off

Ever get that feeling you’re always off the rhythm? Bringing in players for dry spells after good runs etc. I know it happens but feel I have a gift of late. May as well use it to try and take city and Liverpool down on my WC :lol:

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

I’ve been patient but I think I’ve missed a trick TV wise and momentum wise by not WCing earlier in the season. Doing it now while not bringing radical changes allows me to change formation, remove a few players I no longer desire, and make the most of a small fixture runs

First WC draft is:

Fab button

Robertson mendy Alonso Laporte Doherty

Hazard salah richarlison Fraser 4.5 or < mid

Aguero Arnautovic Kamara

0.0 ITB if the M5 is 4.5

Built for 442/532 with essentially Doherty as 12th man, a 2 pointer at 13 at this stage, and a 1 pointer at 14. A bit short on the bench?

I could beef the bench up more by leaving a WB in situ and treating Doherty as a starter which he still may prove to be. With a bit more composure or a bit of luck he wold have had at least 1 goal overnight
Last edited by No Way Jose on 28 Oct 2018, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

Who is your 5th Midfielder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Patrician wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 06:38 Who is your 5th Midfielder?

Apologies! Would be a 4.5 or below. Hoping Stephens drops this week so I can pick him up at 4.3

Do you see a palatable avenue for finding the .3 to turn that 4.5 into 4.8 for Murphy? Downgrading richarlison to a schurrle type player probably makes the most sense to me but I'm not sold.

That would give me Doherty, Murphy, kamara as my theoretical default bench

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Patrician »

I am not a big fan of Richarlison in his new forward role. So that for me is the position to loom at. I am with you that good bench depth seems necessary this season.

Overall though, that looks very strong to me.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Stronger Bench alternative - no salah. reckless? My theory is Chelsea have quite a good run with 2 top 6 in their next 13 so hazard can be a great C option most weeks. Mane and aguero+KDB cover pool and city.

Squad balance is better IMO but salah could burn me and I've put up with his dry spell only to miss out on the flood?

Fab Button

TAA Alonso Mendy Robertson

Mane KDB Fraser Mane

Aguero Arnautovic

Bench: Doherty Murphy Kamara

.6ITB. Murphy could become deulofeu or button could become a 4.5 GK to rotate. Patricio even for the wolves double up

Thoughts?

Haven't hit the button yet!

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

TAA and mend are high risk high reward and Doherty and Murphy cover the rotation risk. I like it but no salah is unnerving

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Patrician »

I assume one of your Manes is Haz. I think version 2 looks strong until you are scrabbling to get Salah in in two game weeks time

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

No Way Jose wrote:Stronger Bench alternative - no salah. reckless? My theory is Chelsea have quite a good run with 2 top 6 in their next 13 so hazard can be a great C option most weeks. Mane and aguero+KDB cover pool and city.

Squad balance is better IMO but salah could burn me and I've put up with his dry spell only to miss out on the flood?

Fab Button

Mane KDB Fraser Mane

Aguero Arnautovic

.6ITB. Murphy could become deulofeu or button could become a 4.5 GK to rotate. Patricio even for the wolves double up

Thoughts?

Having two Mane’s might cover off no Salah Image

I prefer the Salah team, but with Pereyra and Murphy over Rich and 4.5 if that fits?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Having a shocker 😂

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

jacksosi wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 07:29
No Way Jose wrote:Stronger Bench alternative - no salah. reckless? My theory is Chelsea have quite a good run with 2 top 6 in their next 13 so hazard can be a great C option most weeks. Mane and aguero+KDB cover pool and city.

Fab Button

Mane KDB Fraser Mane

Aguero Arnautovic

Thoughts?

Having two Mane’s might cover off no Salah Image

I prefer the Salah team, but with Pereyra and Murphy over Rich and 4.5 if that fits?
It does. My problem with Pereyra is he’s often a home game player and their upcoming home games are against the big boys

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Patrician wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 07:29 I assume one of your Manes is Haz. I think version 2 looks strong until you are scrabbling to get Salah in in two game weeks time Image

Sure is. Yeah spreads the funds obviously and no salah for this run could be silly.

Best midfield player in your projections below 6.5m?

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Patrician »

Murphy at the moment, followed by Schurrle. Knockaert could be good, nice run coming up.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Patrician wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 08:16 Murphy at the moment, followed by Schurrle. Knockaert could be good, nice run coming up.
Interesting. May end up with both.

Knockaert dropped yesterday?

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Patrician »

Oh right I didn’t spot that yet.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Patrician wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 08:20 Oh right I didn’t spot that yet.

Was more of a question than a statement as I also haven’t dug too deeply

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

NWJ, your first draft wildcard team (the Salah one) is almost identical to my current squad :shock:
Only differences are keepers and that you have Laporte. (I can’t afford him so you must have a superior TV)

Based on my experiences with that team, I can tell you that the current concerns are:
- not convinced of Fraser’s potential to return points in his upcoming nightmare fixture run
- Kamara is pretty useless and I’m always looking for a replacement (though, like you, I’m having difficulty finding one I actually like).

So perhaps taking Murphy in Fraser’s place will allow an upgrade to a rotatable F3? I think it’ll give you Ings or Jimenez if you think either is halfway decent.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

You still have your wildcard? :wink:

If you recall, when I used mine I steered away from Salah. It’s a bit scary, he’s the one player you know could go on a run of goals every game.
I got lucky, he did very little but I’ve just taken a hit to bring him in having seen evidence that Liverpool have (I) made it through their tough run and (ii) are hitting a rich seam of form. There is little to fear in their fixtures until GW16 (arguably GW20 depending on your opinion of Man U!)

I don’t think it’s possible to maintain a balanced squad and hold all five of Kün, Hazard, Mané, Salah and KDB. I’m not sure that Salah is the one I’d forgo for this run of fixtures

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Caf wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 09:12 NWJ, your first draft wildcard team (the Salah one) is almost identical to my current squad :shock:
Only differences are keepers and that you have Laporte. (I can’t afford him so you must have a superior TV)

Based on my experiences with that team, I can tell you that the current concerns are:
- not convinced of Fraser’s potential to return points in his upcoming nightmare fixture run
- Kamara is pretty useless and I’m always looking for a replacement (though, like you, I’m having difficulty finding one I actually like).

So perhaps taking Murphy in Fraser’s place will allow an upgrade to a rotatable F3? I think it’ll give you Ings or Jimenez if you think either is halfway decent.
Not a bad team you must have then! Thank you for sharing! I also see Fraser’s output decreasing during this run. The question for me is where else to go. He does rotate perfectly with richarlison but that’s a lot of money for a rotation! More ideal would be those two with Murphy and Doherty making up a 4 for 2 rotation

Fraser to a deulofeu or Demarain gray, knockaert May make sense on paper but I rate Fraser over a similarly priced ings or Jimenez who both also have mixed fixtures. I realize one of these options has a virtual dead spot and one doesn’t but I think a strong 11 and Doherty and Murphy on the bench would cover that well enough?

Perhaps I’m blinded by having ings for a while and him blanking?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”