To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMWC

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
shmiro
Treebeard

RMWC

Post by shmiro »

Decided to use my WC now cause my team was a mess. I'm trying to build a team with some thinking about the upcoming DGWs and without too many GW31 players as I expect it to be quite a low scoring week.
My structure is 4-5-1 \ 3-5-2 hybrid:

(0.4 ITB)
Foster Hannessey
Davies VVD Chilwell Daniels Naughton
Salah Mane Eriksen Mahrez Deulofeu
Kane J-Rod Ayew

1. Do you expect rotation in Crystal Palace GK spot? They seem to rotate pretty well with West Brom.

2. What's going on with Fuchs? Is Chillwell the clear first pick now?

3. Not sure whether Daniels is worth the 0.4 premium over Francis. Maybe I’m better of with Francis and Simpson instead of Daniels and Chilwell?

4. I currently have Sterling with 8.5 selling price. City have bad fixtures for the next 6-7 GWs and probably will make a lot of rotation due to the cup and CL, so I think it's a good opportunity to punt on Mahrez. He should try to perform in order to enable a move to a big team in the summer, and has excellent fixtures ahead. However, it will be difficult to bring back Sterling afterwards with a higher price tag.

5. I was thinking about Niasse in place of one of my cheap forwards, but a bit worried about his place in the Everton first team. thoughts about him and\or other options there?

Other thoughts and comments regarding my picks and structure are welcome!
Last edited by shmiro on 23 Feb 2018, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Re: RMWC

Post by Caf »

Hi shmiro,

I’d consider redistributing funds away from your strikers. According to your planned formation, at least one and possibly both of the cheap forwards is going to stay on the bench all the time, and 2x5.5 is a bit expensive for that.

You could e.g. downgrade J-Rod to Quaner or some other 4.5 rotter, which (I think) allows you to stretch up to Walcott in the final mid slot and have five strong starters. Or, as you say, take Niasse and downgrade Daniels to Francis to make room for the midfield upgrade.

Elsewhere, do you think your defence is strong enough? Davies is a rotation risk and you’ll need him to start every week if you’re playing 4 at the back regularly - can you afford the extra 0.3 for Vert? I know it’s a tough one to find funds...

As for your other queries: In your position, I also think I would remove Sterling. And saving money on the keepers is probably a good call - looks like Hennessey injury rumours are untrue.

shmiro
Treebeard

Post by shmiro »

Thanks Caf.

Re my strikers prices, I want players that would be viable options on most weeks and at least sure starters (unlike Quaner), so I can start one of them in place of a defender if needed.

In addition, I think Deulofeu is at least as good an option as Walcott, if not better.

Davies is a rotation risk but I think his attacking threat might compensate that. I also consider changing him to Monreal later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

• I think Foster/Hennessey is a wrong pair, both have a GW31 and neither have a DGW later. I'd recommend either Foster/Adrian or Fabianski/Hennessey.
  • The defence looks pretty well sorted to me and I'd definitely have Daniels over Francis.
  • Sterling is an awkward one, I have removed him on wildcard as well but I wouldn't be surprised to get bitten by that decision.
  • The balance of the attack looks wrong to me, though. I'd much prefer Vardy & Stanislas (for example) to Mahrez and Ayew and that would give an extra GW31 player (although structurally someone like Milivojevic or Ibe might be a better fit than Stanislas).
  • I would have a think about structure, anyway; I'm not sure that it's ideal to be too hybridised now. You need some cheap players with a GW31, sure, but not at the expense of giving you an awkward structure afterwards. Whether you still have the BB also comes into that.
  • Last thing, if wildcarding now I think it is necessary to have at least an idea of the kinds of move you might want to be making between GW32-34. For me, that means adding Chelsea and United and they are expensive players. It may be wise to cross-check that you have left yourself with a way to do that.
  • And good luck. :!:

shmiro
Treebeard

RMWC

Post by shmiro »

Thanks for the detailed reply!
I do still have the BB FH and TC.

Not sure why u prefer stanislas over ayew. Ayew has excellent DGW34 and looked pretty good lately imo.

I will take a deeper look into my planned future transfers. Thanks

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

GW31 comes first and we actually can't be sure about GW34 fixtures yet.
I have nothing against Ayew, I just don't like the look of Ayew and J-Rod together in that structure really.

shmiro
Treebeard

Post by shmiro »

But the structure doesnt really matter does it? In the end what matters is the players u play each week. And anyway I will play ayew/stanislas just every other game, and when I use my BB.

What am I missing? Does your stracture preference relate only to future transfers?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yes, it relates to what you are able to do (or prevented from doing) later on. If you have the budget spread too broadly then you will struggle to get (for example) Chelsea and United players in GW33/4.

Ideally I think you need 3-4 players that are below 5m but can still be useful. You only have 2 (Chilwell & Naughton). With the BB still in play you might adapt that, of course, but whilst you might do well in the BB week, you are probably carrying too much budget on the bench the rest of the time.

My suggestions also related to getting a good number of players out in GW31 (without making that the only or even the main focus).

shmiro
Treebeard

Post by shmiro »

I listened to couple of your suggestions Ruth. Ended up with this lot:

Fabiansky Hannessey
Davies VVD Chilwell Daniels Naughton
Salah Mane Eriksen Deulofeu Milivojevic
Kane Vardy Ayew

That also gave me a bit more money ITB.
Decided to go with Ayew over JRod although the BG31. I just expect him to get more points and potentially have a better DGW34.

I have a general plan to bring Hazard, Sterling\Sane, Mahrez, Rudiger\Christiansen, Ramsey and possibly another DGW GK and\or defender until GW34.

Good Luck!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”