To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RuudTheDudeVanTheManThePistolVanNistel's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

RuudTheDudeVanTheManThePistolVanNistel's RMT

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Right so about time I did one of these RMT thingies. I'm currently languishing at 368K rank and would like to climb as high as possible by the end of the season. I'm in one cash league positioned 8th out of 25 but I'm about 150 points off 1st so not much hope there, but if I could finish top 3 that would better my place by one on last season. I'll show y'all what I'm working with:
Screenshot (6).png
I have 2 frees and 3.2 milly in the bank.
I'm thinking of 3 transfers
1-Alonso :arrow: VVD/Mawson/Zanka/Hegazi
2-Lingard :arrow: Mahrez/Mane/Deulofeu/Mooy
3-Aguero :arrow: Kane

Not too bothered about price changes as I think the info gained from the FA cup games is more valuable. I can take a drop on Alonso and what I lose on Lingard I will gain back from Aguero. Not sure if it would be worth my while making the 3 transfers or just the 2 and if 2 which 2?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan on 13 Feb 2018, 04:15, edited 1 time in total.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Re: RuudTheDudeVanTheManThePistolVanNistel's RMT

Also still have all my chips and a wildcard.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

the first 2 for me. aguero move can wait a week as decent chance he scores against arsenal and for my own team I've decided removing aguero for a hit is madness

team looks good overall. a few pieces in place for 31 already without compromising too much. you need to decide who you want as your third pool player basically. mane has threatened without scoring of late. VVD seems likely to be a BPS magnet and has threatened as well for the odd goal. He may be this phase of the season's otamendi

alonso to VVD gives you what 4.8ITB. lingard to mahrez makes that 2.2 and you can still afford aguero to kane.

Regardless i'd wait for FA cup results as a few new options could be made available to you

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Thanks yeah I'm kinda thinking along the same lines, nice to get a 2nd opinion though, cheers. Had Mahrez for a hit a few weeks ago and that didn't go well but his fixtures are so good if he's starting again he could be dynamite. Will be handy to see if he starts in the cup.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Like a lot of people I've got the auld wildcard activated and I'm currently looking at the following:
DDG, Ryan
Davies, Smalling, Christensen, Dunk, Lowton
Salah, Mahrez, Son, Willian, JWP
Auba, Vardy, Barnes

2.4 itb to get Lukaku/Kane in gw34 for Auba. I could upgrade Christensen to Azpi if I go with Lukaku. The places I can't really make up my mind with are D3,D4,D5,M4,M5 and F3, everything else seems pretty set.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

So I think I've decided on my line up,

DDG, Ryan
Azpi, Bailly, Stephens, Lowton, Morgan
Salah, Mahrez, Mkhi, Willian, Stephens
Auba, Vardy, Barnes

2.8 itb to do Mkhi :arrow: Son and Auba :arrow: Kane/Lukaku before gw34

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Nice WC team imo. Chelsea v Spurs this GW will be interesting but I like Willian and Azpi after that.
I am also not sure about Barnes or Wood. Being a Kiwi I favour Wood if he gets the game time and I will get him in next week for Wilson. I am finding it hard to afford DDG and take a hit to get him so your squad has nice balance and cash in the bank as well. Good luck and hoping for a Chelsea win even if I do not have any in my squad.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Stephens you silly man! Had planned on just doing Auba :arrow: Kane this week but now another hit is on the way to have 15 for the bb. I was kinda kicking myself for missing out on Eriksen when I brought in 2 Spurs mids last week, but the money saved means I can now either do Stepthens :arrow: Smalling and Auba :arrow: Kane or Stephens :arrow: Spurs Def and Auba :arrow: Lukaku.

Have 0.2 to spare for the more expensive route so I'll sit on it for the week and hopefully no nasty little flags appear before the next deadline.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Free hit team for gw 35 is currently:
Butland
Otamendi Coleman Robertson
Salah Sterling Arnie Zaha
Auba Jesus Firmino

Nordvelt Mariappa Long McArthur.

Am I missing anything?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Can't make my mind up
Screenshot (9).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

So I have 11 doublers this week for the triple captain but I'm thinking about a hit. Current team is:

DDG
Azpi Smalling Bailly Morgan
Alli Son Silva Willian
Kane(TC) Vardy

Ryan Barnes Stephens Lowton

Have exact funds for Bailly :arrow: VDH/Fernandez and Willian :arrow: Sterling.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

after jose's comments re bailly I wouldn't expect him to play at all this season

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Ya triple United defence has not worked Bailly barely played since I brought him in. Was gonna save the change from dumping him for Salah in gw38 but now thinking Wilian :arrow: Sterling is the way to go, then probably shift Vardy and a Spurs mid for Salah and a cheaper striker with a good fixture in 38.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Right so gw38 is here and I have a lot of selection headaches.

DDG Ryan
Azpi Smalling Lowton Fernandez Morgan
Alli Son Sane Silva Stephens
Kane Vardy Barnes

So DDG and Smalling are to be rested, Barnes is out and there seem to be question marks with Son and Silva. My cash league rival is 39 points ahead and we only have 3 of the same players (Smalling, Lowton, Fernandez).
Trying to decide between a -4 or -8 for:
Smalling :arrow: VVD and Son/Silva :arrow: Zaha or
Smalling :arrow: Robertson, Silva :arrow: Zaha and Son :arrow: Salah.

Will we get any concrete team news before the deadline?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Does he have any of those? Does he have Salah already? If so it's not worth the -8 hit, of you'll have 47 to make up and you need Salah to fail for that to happen.
Other than that, the -8 has as much chance of success as the -4 and they look to be good individual transfers

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 12 May 2018, 19:29 Does he have any of those? Does he have Salah already? If so it's not worth the -8 hit, of you'll have 47 to make up and you need Salah to fail for that to happen.
Other than that, the -8 has as much chance of success as the -4 and they look to be good individual transfers
He has Ederson, Mustafi, Vertonghen, Sterling, Salah, Eriksen, Ramsay, McArthur, Wilson, Auba and Jesus.
I have DDG, Azpi, Morgan, Alli, Son, Silva, Sane, Stephens, Vardy and Kane.

-4 looks better but can't decide which of Silva or Son should go.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

That’s a solid team. So is his and I’m not sure that there’s 39 points between the pair of you.
I’d ignore his team and focus on maximising your own points. All three of your possible transfers look good in isolation. Be honest about who you’d be dropping to get them in and factor out their expected points

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Thinking about bb for the 1st gw.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Liking the look of this for now. Shaw might get a run for the first few games with Young resting after the WC and Shaw topped the pre season fitness tests at MU. Could probably get some better bench players if I'm going to BB in gw1.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Okay think I've got it sorted. Barring any big transfers think I'll go with this.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Another day another way

Ljdrox
Treebeard

Post by Ljdrox »

Your not the first to Select King...
Why ?

Ljdrox

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Cheap enough, attack minded team and some good opening fixtures. Why not?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Eureka!

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 00:35 Eureka!
Put your feet up til the transfer window closes

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Great side

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Thanks yeah I actually feel pretty happy about this line up. All top 4 starting keeper and defence, Pool and Citeh attacking coverage and some nice 6.5-7.0 gambles to have a punt on.

Jamtart
Treebeard
FS Record: Hopefully improving...

Post by Jamtart »

Almost identical to my team so I can't say much against it!

Looks good!

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Grrr Bailly flagged! So hard to find any other nailed United defender and putting DDG in requires too much surgery to the rest of my squad. Hope we get some definite team news before Friday's game.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 02:33 Grrr Bailly flagged! So hard to find any other nailed United defender and putting DDG in requires too much surgery to the rest of my squad. Hope we get some definite team news before Friday's game.
Agree. Quite annoying. I have downgraded him to a 4.5 and banked the cash.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”