To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Goooners Team - Time for WildCard (Advice)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Goooners Team - Time for WildCard (Advice)

Post by goooner »

Hi Everyone!

Its been going pretty bad lately and i'v dropped to 900 k OR (from around 600 000) and also losing position in my leauge.

My current team (for GW 23) looks like:

De Gea
Verthongen - Bellerin - Zanka
Gross - Eriksen - Arnautovic - Salah
Aguero - Kane

Subs: Ogbonna, Young (N/A), Gomez, Speroni (GK),

I'v lost alot of not owning Sterling (had him very early, but made a bad transfer for an upgrade to Hazard, could have been a smart move).
Im not going to get Sterling now (just of prestige ;)).
For DWG 23 im OK with my team, probably Ogbonna comes in instead of Salah (if hes still injured). Thinking of making a transfer of either gross (just to cash in 0,1) or Young (to get my team injury free).

But im lacking both City and Chelsea assets (just Aguero), and also have alot of Tottenham players. Some key players of my new WC team could also be affected by price raises.
Therefore im thinking of a WC for GW 24 (maybe GW 23 if prices going up) and it would look something like this:

Courtois - Speroni
Stones - Jones - Tarkowski - Ogbonna - Yedlin
Silva - Lingard - Mahrez - Salah - Shaqiri
Aguero - Kane - Quanar

Aiming for 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 and my strategy is "Value for Money". Im not interested to own 7,2 defenders (or atleast not buy them for that ;)).

GK

Downgrading De Gea to Courtois isnt what I want, but i brought in De Gea pretty late and im not sure that he is of that value for me. Instead im going with courtois to "take back" some of the CS points im loosing with not owning a chelsea defender. Currently the point difference DeGea-Courtois are 21 in De Gea's favour.
Chelseas defence looks strong so Courtois could also minimize the gap to De Gea.

Defenders
Stones - Think hes good value, probably not gonna play every match, maybe he also can score a goal or two. Thinking of him raising to 5,6 in a couple of weeks.

Jones - BP machine, taking back some of the points im loosing with not owning De Gea. Think he can outscore De Gea.

Tarkowski - In for 4,7 - Burnley has a good defence. If Ward falls down to 4,7 (currently 4,8) im going for him instead.

Ogbonna - Cheap defence for rotation. Atleast a starter, just gonna play him in home games and got him early. Good fixtures next couple of weeks.

Yedlin - The weakest point. Looking for a player for 4,4 that rotates betther with Ogbonna - thinking of the pool defenders but they just rotating all the time and its a lottery whos playing. Ideal i would love to get a price raise so i can keep either Zanka or switch to Dunk. I do think that Newcastle have a better defence then WestHam.

Midfielders

Silva - Hes a bargain at 8,1 and currently one of the top 6 midfielders. I think hes mentally gonna get stronger because of the family crisis and play for his child. At the same time we know that Pep likes him and hes gonna start more regular then Sane/Sterling (again, if everything going well).
Can also be transfered to Pogba/Son if hes underperforming or be upgraded to Sane later on.

Lingard - With lukaku and Ibra out of form/injury Lingard and Pogba are the guys who gonna get assist and goals for Man U. In good shape and for 6,2? A must have.
Longer term option is to upgrade him to Ramsey (currently at 6,9). Ramsey at 6,9 is good value.

Mahrez - Leicester have underperformed so far. They hava good team and fixture run and should definitely move upwards. Currently a top 7 player and everything in Leicester offence are based on what Mahrez do and dont do. Thinking that he atleast would finnish at the top 10 list when the season is over.

Salah - Bought him in cheap and dont think its worth to do anything here yet.

Shaqiri - My weakest spot. I need atleast a player with goalthreat potential because of my 3-5-2. Cant find anything better for around 6 million and Shaqiri should manage to get some goals and/or assists. They also have a pretty decent fixture run up to GW 30 from GW 24.

Question
Is it better to downgrade M5 Shaqiri to a 4,5 midfielder? And upgrade the defence spots?
E.g. Carrol instead of Shaqiri gives me the opportunity to upgrade either Ogbonna or Yedlin to a 6,1 defender and still have 0,2-0,5 in the bank (thinking of keeping Bellerin or switch to Christensen). Bellerin should get some assists and/or goals and hes nailed (a protection against Stones/Silva rotation).

Forwards

Aguero - With Jesus out hes the main man. Thinking he will start to score ALOT now. He's also my "reserve bank" if some good striker option comes up later at the season.

Kane - Got him early, they have a though fixture run but I dont think I can manage to get him back in later. If I ship him out it would be to upgrade one of my midfielders to Hazard (and probably get disappointed again ;)).

Quanar - Need to upgrade him later on. Im not going to play Quanar.

Could appreciate some advice needed (sorry my bad english, not my native language ;)).

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Re: Goooners Team - Time for WildCard (Advice)

Post by skip »

Hi Goooner
Have you already hit the wildcard button or are still deciding? The first thing I noticed is that you're not changing your team structure (still a 3-5-2 I think) and you are keeping the same heaving hitter core of Kane, Aguero and Salah. This means your wildcarding just to rotate the low and mid range players on your team. Is this the best use, or should you wait until there's a more radical shift you want to make that a couple of transfers won't cover?

Your current team is well placed for a few weeks at least. No Chelsea is a gap, but you could get around this with transfers. You have some nice differentials such as Bellerin, Vertonghen, Gross, Eriksen and Arnautovic who are all in form and could do well.

The players you want to bring in are of course all good choices too, but are they really better than the ones you have? Silva could miss some games, his situation is uncertain to say the least. Jones is awesome value but also injury prone. Tarkowski/Yedlin/Ogbonna are decent budget defenders but there are lots of choices here such as Moreno, Zeelegar, Lascelles. Your current rotators of Zanka, Ogbonna, Gomez are all starters and perfectly fine IMO.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”