To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Skip's sofa

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Skip's sofa

Post by skip »

I took Kane out a few weeks ago for better team balance, with a plan in mind to get him back for GW22. Despite his hat-tricks I feel like the cost to bring him back is too great, am I crazy?

Current team for 22:
Adrian (Elliot)
Otamendi/Alonso/Lascelles/Masuaku (Christensen)
KDB/Hazard/Arnautovic/Son/Salah
Firmino (DCL/Joselu)

1.1 ITB, 0 FT

With KDB’s injury I can easily do KDB > Alli for plenty of Spurs representation in the double.

Getting Kane in would be a -8 with either

Firmino > Kane
KDB > Lingard

I don’t want to lose Hazard. Don’t care for Joselu or DCL but can’t see better replacements apart from Kane or Aguero which would be lots of hits.

Advice appreciated, this is tying me in knots.
Last edited by skip on 04 Sep 2018, 18:31, edited 2 times in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Skip - Kaneless?

Post by blahblah »

Same here, but Jesus getting injured and Kane being ill has muddled things a fair bit.

In theory he could equal Kane's DGW, especially if Kane doesn't start both...

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I don't have Kane either. I would love for him to have been confirmed out, but in the absence of any firm news (and the most recent news still being that he hopes to make the Swansea game) I think it would be far too risky to go without him.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

eastcentral1 wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 17:17 I don't have Kane either. I would love for him to have been confirmed out, but in the absence of any firm news (and the most recent news still being that he hopes to make the Swansea game) I think it would be far too risky to go without him.
2 things make me think it’s less risky. First his illness means he may miss a game. At least it is causing a lot to not put the TC chip on him, meaning I’d be less exposed if he does haul. The second is that I would have Son and Alli who should score well if Spurs hammer WHU and SWA.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Yeah, I'm not getting him back. It's a risk I've tried to manage by getting both Alli and Eriksen.

It's the TC thing which is doing my head in. Is it a valid option without Kane? I think it is. Normally I'd go for Alli over Eriksen for the usual explosive reasons, but it's two games. Eriksen is more certain to start both and he has a good record against Swansea. On the other hand, Alli looks to be coming into form and with Kane's illness, I think he'll start both games as well.

So, my questions are:
Will you TC without Kane? If so, who?
Who will you (c) if not TC?

I'm on Eriksen for (c) right now.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Yeah, I'm not getting him back. It's a risk I've tried to m
I went for Eriksen (c) and Son. I’ve always preferred Eriksen in the past so feel comfortable with him vs Alli. I’m pretty sure he will start both games and will hopefully get some FKs.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

That went unexpectedly well for me without Kane. Should have gone Son (c) over Eriksen, and unlucky with Arnautovic but more than happy with the outcome.

Adrian, Masuaku and Arnautovic can stay in my team until GW28ish barring injury, and I'll hang onto Son as he seems such great value at 8.1. I really need him to match Sterling though, as that's who I'm missing from my team so Son replaces his points.

Now just hoping Kane doesn't get too many more hat tricks over the next 6, as I'm going with Aguero as my main striker until GW28.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Alli and Eriksen was my plan to partially cover for Kane's points (Son and Eriksen in your case, skip). Alli and Son are the players whose points usually involve assisting Kane, so whenever Kane (c) is the best choice, one of these two should be captained by The Kaneless ( :mrgreen: )

Eriksen has a more independent game and is a good option against teams parking the bus. I might captain him against Everton. Then again, I might just bring back Kane because, let's face it, this is nuts. What's the point in living like this? :cry:

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Nice. In answer to that, the flexibility it gives to the rest of my squad. I like to have the core premium players I want (in my case Alonso, Otamendi, Hazard, Salah, Aguero, Firmino) with the flexibility to bring in others if needed. My timing was awful, but I've been able to easily transfer in Sanchez, DeBruyne, Alli and Eriksen for short periods recently and would have been too limited with team structure having Kane in there. He's my Aguero back up plan if needed though, I'd just need to find 1.5ish from somewhere.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Yeah, I got Aguero in for him as well. In hindsight, I probably chose Aguero+Morata combo 4 GWs too early. We'll see..

It definitely allows four really good midfielders. Captaincy though, is a problem. Aguero and Hazard are the prime candidates but Kun is not his free-scoring self under Pep while Hazard, with his occasional false nine and sitting out of the easy games is frustrating more than usual.

In essence, a Kaneless team can be good all-round with less standout captaincy options. That's actually good for me, since I've been terrible with captaincy choices (due to.. guess who). I'll simply put the (c) on Salah and (vc) Sterling.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

GW 23: Who are we captaining this week? Kane is the overwhelming majority pick, so I'm thinking Eriksen or Alli (don't have Lingard). Or maybe someone from Liverpool-Man City? Risky but could pay off.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

I have 3 good options that are hard to choose between: Hazard, Son and Lingard. Even Salah and Aguero could be good too. I fancy Hazard the most because of penalties and think Chelsea will do well agaibst Leicester.

Hazard (c)

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

That did not go well for me this week, but all to do with my Captain choice of Hazard. If I’d put the armband on Son or Salah instead, and I was close, I’d have had 80 points and a green arrow.

Up front I have Aguero, Firmino and Quaner which I’m happy with. Big decision over whether to hold Hazard for the next 4, or bail on him. I’ve had him for ages, really don’t want to lose him yet.

Choices to come in would be from KdB, Mane, Pogba or Mahrez. Don’t feel great about any of them, except KdB as he’s so consistently good.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

First of all skip, your team is great! Very well-structured to go without Kane. Even the Spurs cover, Son, is capable of being almost equally explosive.

You should get rid of Hazard imo. A player costing that much should be captaincy material and he might not even start some of the easier home games, let alone haul. He's not heavily owned, and won't hurt you if he does score big. That's an important factor for Kaneless teams.

On the other hand, City will come back hard after their first league defeat. This is the perfect time to triple up on the best team in the league as it makes a final push to win the title in April itself. Get KdB/Sterling and (c) Salah or Aguero, depending on whether you want to defend your rank or chase higher.

sagorjanski
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: No. 444, FPL 14/15

Post by sagorjanski »

skip wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 12:37 That did not go well for me this week, but all to do with my Captain choice of Hazard. If I’d put the armband on Son or Salah instead, and I was close, I’d have had 80 points and a green arrow.

Up front I have Aguero, Firmino and Quaner which I’m happy with. Big decision over whether to hold Hazard for the next 4, or bail on him. I’ve had him for ages, really don’t want to lose him yet.

Choices to come in would be from KdB, Mane, Pogba or Mahrez. Don’t feel great about any of them, except KdB as he’s so consistently good.

I'm in the same position as you. Punted on Kane -> Morata (c) when the latter was up against Stoke. Decided to go with Son, Eriksen and Arnautovic for DGW coverage because of Kane's illness, and ended up better without him, as I captained Eriksen. GW23 was particularly hard, because I really struggled with my captaincy choice. Got away with that too in the end - captained Salah and got 85 (-4) - and feel we're now through the hardest part of going Kaneless.

Looking to captain Agüero or Salah this week. Annoying really, since I had Agüero pencilled in for this fixture, but I just feel he's just not the Agüero of late. Newcastle might still struggle to keep him at bay, though.

In your position I'd probably get De Bruyne. He's as reliable as they come, and as good as fixture proof.

My team is
Foster (eve)
Christensen (bha), Otamendi (NEW), Alonso (bha)
Lingard (bur), Arnautovic (BOU), Son (sou), Salah (swa)
Agüero (NEW), Firmino (swa)

+ either 6.6 MID (replacement for Richarlison) OR 6.2 FWD (replacement for Austin)

Not overly anxious about going Kaneless, tbh. Worst case scenario, I get him in for Agüero in GW25 for damage limitation.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

sagorjanski wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 15:31
skip wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 12:37 That did not go well for me this week, but all to do with my Captain choice of Hazard. If I’d put the armband on Son or Salah instead, and I was close, I’d have had 80 points and a green arrow.

I'm in the same position as you. Punted on Kane -> Morata (c) when the latter was up against Stoke. Decided to go with Son, Eriksen and Arnautovic for DGW coverage because of Kane's illness, and ended up better without him, as I captained Eriksen. GW23 was particularly hard, because I really struggled with my captaincy choice. Got away with that too in the end - captained Salah and got 85 (-4) - and feel we're now through the hardest part of going Kaneless.

Looking to captain Agüero or Salah this week. Annoying really, since I had Agüero pencilled in for this fixture, but I just feel he's just not the Agüero of late. Newcastle might still struggle to keep him at bay, though.

In your position I'd probably get De Bruyne. He's as reliable as they come, and as good as fixture proof.

My team is
Foster (eve)
Christensen (bha), Otamendi (NEW), Alonso (bha)
Lingard (bur), Arnautovic (BOU), Son (sou), Salah (swa)
Agüero (NEW), Firmino (swa)

+ either 6.6 MID (replacement for Richarlison) OR 6.2 FWD (replacement for Austin)

Not overly anxious about going Kaneless, tbh. Worst case scenario, I get him in for Agüero in GW25 for damage limitation.
We have almost identical teams. Not having template players like Kane and Sterling specifically means I need their replacements to score well or fall behind. For me right now that’s Aguero and Hazard, and I’ll be captaining Aguero for certain the next 2 weeks to try to capitalize on that.

After another poor Chelsea performance tonight it’s looking like Hazard will leave my team. I agree DeBruyne is the best choice, but that doesn’t give me enough to do Elliot > Pickford a move I need to make before long.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I think playing fixtures over form is high risk, he's in red hot form with 2 goals in last 5 games, it's high risk and I'm not the reward in terms of double spurs mids, with same tougher fixtures, compensates

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Torn between Hazard > DeBruyne or Mahrez. KDB is clearly the better player but Mahrez is in great form and can stay in GW28.

sagorjanski
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: No. 444, FPL 14/15

Post by sagorjanski »

My transfer this week was Richarlison to Albrighton. Neither produced anything of note, but I gained a CS point and some much needed money in the bank for upgrades elsewhere.

So far so good. 59 pts with Salah and Firmino to go, and surely another green arrow. Currently 170k in the world, not giving up on top 10k.

Torn between Gomes to Pickford, Son to Sterling/Mahrez, or do something with Austin, Christensen or Lingard. I have 0.9 to play with.

What are you up to, skip?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

61 so far with the same players to go, but kicking myself over Hazard especially as he has BOU next who he’s prolific against. I just didn’t expect Chelsea to turn it around after being poor for 3 or 4 games in a row.

I’m going to wait for the cup games to decide what to do but will likely roll this week. I have 6 players potentially missing GW28 so will need 3 or 4 transfers to deal with that.

Christensen will lose value but I think he’s been unlucky and want to hold. I have my eye on VVD, Jones and Maquire but hopefully not for a couple of weeks.

Elliot > Pickford or Butland in my thoughts too, but not needed until GW28.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

sagorjanski wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 12:38 My transfer this week was Richarlison to Albrighton. Neither produced anything of note, but I gained a CS point and some much needed money in the bank for upgrades elsewhere.

So far so good. 59 pts with Salah and Firmino to go, and surely another green arrow. Currently 170k in the world, not giving up on top 10k.

Torn between Gomes to Pickford, Son to Sterling/Mahrez, or do something with Austin, Christensen or Lingard. I have 0.9 to play with.

What are you up to, skip?
Austin seems your biggest issue as he’s too expensive to keep benched. I don’t think he’s back any time soon, but may be wrong. Callum Wilson seems like a good choice in the same range, or you could gamble on Rondon/JRod who are both looking dangerous as WBA find their stride.

Or you could downgrade to save $, but keep in mind you will want them to play in GW28 and GW31.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Team for GW25 currently looks like

Adrian
Alonso/Otamendi/Christensen/Lascelles
DeBruyne/Salah/Son/Lingard
Aguero/Firmino
(Arnie/Masuaku/Quaner/Elliot)
0.3 ITB

A couple of injuries and suspensions but I can field a good team without making a transfer if needed.

My thinking is between wildcarding after the blank in GW31, or wildcarding earlier in GW28 when the fixtures shift for a lot of teams and we know exactly who will blank in 31. The former seems a lot safer since I used the Free Hit already.

Arnie> either Shaqiri or Choupo seems the logical transfer, although I’m tempted by Walcott as a differential. Both have strong fixtures in GW28,31 and 35 which is when they will be most needed.

I’ll keep Masuaku warm on my bench for now, he’ll likely become Chilwell when necessary.

It’s tempting to get Hazard straight back in, but would be at the expense of Son to a budget MF and -4, so doesn’t seem great.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Transfer done for GW25: Arnautovic > Choupo Moting. Stoke have good fixtures, including one in GW31 that I think will be important. The money banked gives me the option of bringing in Sanchez for HUD next week for free if I want to, hence not going for Shaqiri.

GW25
Adrian
Alonso - Otamendi - Christensen - Lascelles
DeBruyne - Salah - Son - Choupo-Moting
Aguero (c) - Firmino
(Lingard/Masuaku/Quaner/Elliot)

Feels like a good team, hope Christensen plays more than 60 mins.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Did you consider Mahrez, skip? His GW 26 fixture is almost as good as Sanchez. Shaqiri+Mahrez vs CM+Hazard (turning to Sanchez next week) is what I've been debating all week.

I do agree with your captaincy choice but still mulling over Salah. I guess WBA injury problems clinch it.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 15:02 Did you consider Mahrez, skip? His GW 26 fixture is almost as good as Sanchez. Shaqiri+Mahrez vs CM+Hazard (turning to Sanchez next week) is what I've been debating all week.

I do agree with your captaincy choice but still mulling over Salah. I guess WBA injury problems clinch it.

I couldn’t get him in without taking a hit, but yes I really like him for the next few weeks. Could do Son > Mahrez next week but may have higher priorities.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

68 this week, so things went well. DeBruyne’s 14 made up for the Hazard switch a couple of weeks ago, and Lascelles came up with a 10 pointer in a nice home fixture.

I’m not sure about KDB > Sanchez now, given their respective performances. It might be better to get rid of one of my weak points such as Masuaku, Christensen or Elliot. 1.9 ITB so I can afford pretty much anyone.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW26
Christensen > VVD and Quaner > Wilson for a hit.

I thought a lot about bringing in various ManUtd players such as Smalling, Jones, Alexis, Martial but in the end felt these moves were best for the next 4-6 game weeks. I'll probably lose ground this week due to the hit plus not having any Utd coverage so will be happy just to tread water.

Adrian
Alonso - Otamendi - VVD
KDB - Salah - Lingard - Son
Aguero(c) - Firmino - Wilson
(Elliot/Masuaku/Choupo-Moting-Lascelles)

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Pretty poor game week last time out, dropped about 15k places. I'm rolling a transfer this time, and putting the armband on Aguero. I think Wilson, DeBruyne and Salah are all good choices too, just looking at the upside of Aguero at home. Plus it's likely my last week with him before he becomes Kane. Lingard is the attacking player that misses out, hope that doesn't come back to haunt me. Choupo at home to Brighton seems too good to bench.

Adrian
Alonso - Otamendi - VVD
KDB - Salah - Choupo-Moting - Son
Aguero(c) - Firmino - Wilson
(Elliot/Masuaku/Lingard/Lascelles)

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Nice week to be Kane less

Question is: how do we part with Kun after that? I guess the two-week gap will help..

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW27 review:
Lots of things went well: Aguero (c), KdB, Salah, Firmino, VVD and the cherry on top was Lascelles coming off the bench for Alonso's no show. 109 points in a single game week is a nice jump. My rank has bounced between 15k and 50k for the last few weeks, it's either boom or bust every week without Kane it seems. Right now I'm at a season-high which sets things up well for the fixture shift and likely switching up the heavy hitters in my team.

Long term planning:

Unless something very unexpected happens in the FA Cup 5th round I plan to have 7-8 players in GW31 through transfers, then wildcard shortly afterwards. I do not have the FH chip available, so need to be smart about handling the other blank in GW35. I noticed that both Liverpool and Arsenal could help with this. Liverpool won't have a double in GW34 but their fixture is BOU home, then they will play WBA away in GW35. Arsenal's fixtures from GW32-35 are STO,SOT,new,WHU. Again no blank or double for them. I can imagine basing my team around 3 players from each of these teams to navigate the doubles and blanks.

GW28 planning:
Even with Aguero's hauls I am likely to transfer him out for Kane now. An Otamendi downgrade should fund this, but waiting on FA Cup games as I'd like to bring in someone with a GW31 fixture. Alonso likely stays and so does KdB. At some point soon I want to get rid of Elliot for Pickford and Lingard for Walcott but will need to work out how to fund that too.

Anyone else without a FH available like me and is working out how to manage things after GW31?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”